• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Injury. I have Turner, Grant and Jacobs. I don't need them, but i signed them to keep them away from other players. ( yes i know i'm 1-4, 5 ) I could trade Jacobs or Grant to BigAt considering he lost his starting back.

I didn't do this for this reason because i assumed the rule was in place which is why i signed them for one year but now i know i have two trade chips on my hands. Thanks Smokey/Rors/Gold.

BigAt, lets talk :)

DCX

well that's really unfortunate! it would be as if your starting QB went down and then you were forced to trade a 1st and 2nd round pick to get a serviceable replacement! that is fucking insane and would never happen in real life!

Smokey

what penalties?? what was done that was against the rules?

I dunno that's your job as The Overlord. But you take a look at that post with those quotes. Re-read it if you have to. Then reassess if I'm the only one "complaining".

I'm the one in front because it's straight bullshit. Examples have been given already on how to game the system.

I think i figured it out. As much as i love this anarchy.

The no trading FA's thing came from madden 10 when we had the point system. so guys couldnt just pick people up and flip them for players/picks right after.

However i still think these trades are dumb and we should be running a more slightly realistic league. These guys would never be traded in real life, especially with the cap numbers, ect.

a lot of things in the league are unrealistic. matt shaub would never have been cut. dunta robinson would never be given a $15 million contract in real life. and so on and so on.

we could strive for 100% realism but there is some enjoyment in the league in some of the trades and free agent acquisitions. the truth is a lot of the FA's we've seen would have never hit the market in real life

I dunno that's your job as The Overlord. But you take a look at that post with those quotes. Re-read it if you have to. Then re-asses if I'm the only one saying something.

I'm the one in front because it's straight bullshit. Examples have been given already on how to game the system.

i've already responded to it. there was no "implied non trade rule!" for free agents. and how would you "game the system"? you didn't give me an example except to say wellington could sign the entire free agent class (what the fuck are you talking about?)

Ramirez

I think i figured it out. As much as i love this anarchy.

The no trading FA's thing came from madden 10 when we had the point system. so guys couldnt just pick people up and flip them for players/picks right after.

However i still think these trades are dumb and we should be running a more slightly realistic league. These guys would never be traded in real life, especially with the cap numbers, ect.

Pretty much this. You see more high profile guys traded in one season in here than you see in a decade of real NFL, lol.

Also, Smokes is my hero.

DCX

DCX
Crazy idea here. Why not let the trade stand given the vagueness of what the rule was/wasn't and ban all future FA+trading moves to avoid setting any further precedent?

Good idea, but it would cement what Smokey is trying to point out. Salary caps have made rules more important. People are going to step on a line that didn't seem like a line until it was crossed.

FMT can't think of it all. It's up the Knights of the Round to figure this out as well except there isnt one any more :/ Luke has great ideas and i think the Knights need to return and set rules for season 3.

Rors and Gold are fine..trade should go through as Gold would be boned in the end especially if it was approved. Gold needs his cap space and pick.

DCX

Pretty much this. You see more high profile guys traded in one season in here than you see in a decade of real NFL, lol.

Also, Smokes is my hero.

welp there is a middle ground to be had.

don't allow trades: wah wah wah what fun is this!

allow all trades: wah wah wah what fun is this!

allow some trades: wah wah wah what fun is this!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
a lot of things in the league are unrealistic. matt shaub would never have been cut. dunta robinson would never be given a $15 million contract in real life. and so on and so on.

we could strive for 100% realism but there is some enjoyment in the league in some of the trades and free agent acquisitions. the truth is a lot of the FA's we've seen would have never hit the market in real life

obviously we cant get 100% realism. But two franchise QB's getting traded for eachother mid season doesnt exactly have a precedent. Your argument for not wanting to have to approve trades before season 1 is that you thought people could police themselves. Clearly that isnt happening.

obviously we cant get 100% realism. But two franchise QB's getting traded for eachother mid season doesnt exactly have a precedent. Your argument for not wanting to have to approve trades before season 1 is that you thought people could police themselves. Clearly that isnt happening.

and matt shaub should have never been cut. should i have prevented smokey from cutting him and not allowed it?

Smokey

i've already responded to it. there was no "implied non trade rule!" for free agents. and how would you "game the system"? you didn't give me an example except to say wellington could sign the entire free agent class (what the fuck are you talking about?)

HERP DERP

Wellie had a shitload of money. He could've signed a lot Free Agents if he wanted to just to hoard them and keep them away from others. Why? Just because he can. Then a situation comes like DCX pointed out in his post on the last page. I'm not saying he could've signed the entire free agent class. That's you being hyperbolic in your attempt to let this be ok.

Ramirez

welp there is a middle ground to be had.

don't allow trades: wah wah wah what fun is this!

allow all trades: wah wah wah what fun is this!

allow some trades: wah wah wah what fun is this!

I get that, I know there's no pleasing everyone. Some people live to dismantle their "favorite team". :p

I also can't believe we're not advancing tonight, sons I am disappoint.

DCX

DCX
It's all good boyos.

- Gold has his cap room, two first rounders in the draft now and a moonwalking QB.

- Rors has his fragile missile launcher.

- I, have a stable of work horses led by a blind man :(

carry on

DCX

HERP DERP

Wellie had a shitload of money. He could've signed most of the major FA if he wanted to just to hoard them and keep them away from others. Why? Just because he can. Then a situation comes like DCX pointed out with his RB situation. I'm not saying he could've signed the entire free agent class. That's you being hyperbolic in your attempt let this be ok.

what are you talking about? you honestly think he could have signed FIVE guys for over $10 million each?? are you insane?

first off, he would cripple his cap IN THE HOPES that someone came calling to trade for one of those guys (which they could've signed on their own if they felt like!)

secondly, what if wellington had some injuries? now he has no cap space to sign a player in that position!

with having a cap, this would be an idiotic move

Breaking News!

Stafford is back in Detroit! After a brief stay in Oakland, Matt has answered the call to come back home to Detroit. Asked about having Stafford back on the team, coach Goldlion had this to say, "Can't get rid of that bastard, huh. He is like Eli's virginity, he will always be there. Time to start boozing!" Matthew Stafford couldn't be reached for comments, but reporters caught a glimpse of him filling the teams pool with all of his money

Smokey

what are you talking about? you honestly think he could have signed FIVE guys for over $10 million each?? are you insane?

first off, he would cripple his cap IN THE HOPES that someone came calling to trade for one of those guys (which they could've signed on their own if they felt like!)

secondly, what if wellington had some injuries? now he has no cap space to sign a player in that position!

with having a cap, this would be an idiotic move

Idiotic, but not impossible.

alright, after reading the many, many complaints, here is the solution.

1. you can trade any free agents you sign whenever you want. same year, year after, doesn't matter!

2. i will re-form the secret council to decide on trades. the council will be:

1. fmt
2. cb
3. luke
4. mrbob
5. ferny
6. dmczaf
7. ramirez
8. nightz

one rep from each division, no voting on teams trading within you division and a majority vote is needed for all trades.

problem solved!

Idiotic, but not impossible.

so wellington DID have $50 million in cap space? incredible management!

1. you can trade any free agents you sign whenever you want. same year, year after, doesn't matter!

1. fmt
2. cb
3. luke
4. mrbob
5. ferny
6. dmczaf
7. ramirez
8. nightz

one rep from each division, no voting on teams trading within you division and a majority vote is needed for all trades.

problem solved!

Is this a system that was used in years past? I think that's a perfect way to handle trades to be honest.

CB3

1. fmt
2. cb
3. luke
4. mrbob
5. ferny
6. dmczaf
7. ramirez
8. nightz

problem solved!

And CB was right again!

Smokey

1. fmt
2. cb
3. luke
4. mrbob
5. ferny
6. dmczaf
7. ramirez
8. nightz

problem solved!

I dunno how much he had but had a lot of fucking money. I just used him off the top of my head. Sorry if I don't have an EXACT number but you get my point.

And:

220px-Bush_mission_accomplished.jpg

Now when are we advancing

CB3

Is this a system that was used in years past? I think that's a perfect way to handle trades to be honest.

a little more modified but yes. and it worked pretty well. and i just argued for it on AIM for quite a while.

CB is the peoples champ. Chant my name.

Sq1DH.gif

Nightz

1. fmt
2. cb
3. luke
4. mrbob
5. ferny
6. dmczaf
7. ramirez
8. nightz

problem solved!
A song just popped into my head.

It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic

I'VE GOT THE POWER

Smokey

I'll take the thanks later for helping re-instate the shadow council for trades. I know it was a hard decision with MaddenGod being a brother to our Overlord...but sometimes things are better for the general population and the plebs.

images

Rorschach

:rolleyes. The trade can still happen, you know. We could have been grandfathered in like you after the turner trade which got by without approval because it happened before the "council" was formed. Or the first trade of last season before FMT said "nevermind!"

He never said the trade was null. Lion and I just reverted it.

Striker

I really don't like the idea of trading FAs the same season they were signed. I can think of all kinds of ridiculous ways to exploit it.
I thought FMT did say that prior to the Season 1 bid system FA. But I dunno, I might have misread. Either way, if somebody signs a big ticket FA and trades him weeks into the season, that seems a little out of whack.

Even so, if these deals do go through, i.e. two big name QB's who have big contracts, penalize the hell out of them! Has there been a decision regarding CAP penalties, yet? The big contract guys need to get penalized.

Smokey

:rolleyes. The trade can still happen, you know. We could have been grandfathered in like you after the turner trade which got by without approval because it happened before the "council" was formed. Or the first trade of last season before FMT said "nevermind!"

He never said the trade was null. Lion and I just reverted it.

Good on you two for that.

Rorschach

Why you trying to get him in trouble? smh

Defeats the whole purpose!

[edit] If you must know, it wasn't anything offensive. Just a cross reference to an old thread that got a lot of people in trouble.

bluemax

Banned
Holy fuck I am so bad on third downs. When I fail to make the playoffs it will be because I can't fucking stop anyone on third down and if my offense doesn't score every drive I'm fucked.

Also, Sidney "Mr Glass" Rice out 6 weeks after having one of his best games of the year.

LukeSmith

Ok.
1. This trade should've gone through and Rors and Goldy shouldn't have felt like they had to revert it.
2. We really just had 2 pages of arguing over a Stafford for Schaub deal from a rule that was made 2 years ago.
3. You all fell for a witch hunt led by Smokey, who's really only trolling and squawking to act out (probably becasue he was bored at work on a friday). Let us not forget that he's led some pretty fantastic fairy dust-filled deals over the ears.
4. Included among the bitching in this thread is:
Crow, who has made a Madden career of finding the scheistiest Madden guys and using them (see: Noel Devine)
Bob just trolling for the sake of trolling.
DCX, who has made some of the worst personnel decisions in the history of the league, including signing Ryan Grant and Brandon Jacobs as what he now refers to as "trade chips"

For shame.

bluemax

Banned
I wasn't down on the particulars of the trade aside from Schaub being a former FA. Its not like I haven't helped Rors get better this season as well.

Top Bottom