• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
When did he say that? Last year? Last year when we had a different FA system and it was to prevent people from sniping FAs just to keep them from competitors or this year where we actually bid on them?

it was for this year too, forget how he worded it exactly but i thought anyone signed couldn't be traded until the following offseason.

it was for this year too, forget how he worded it exactly but i thought anyone signed couldn't be traded until the following offseason.

i did? i don't remember having that rule this year. prove it!

as for the trades/cap hits, we're already working with kind of a patch work system and adding that in just opens it up to even more complications. we aren't math magicians here and i have a feeling that you'd see certain guys in the league having just massive cap hits where it would be hard to field even an average team at that point. "well that's their own fault!" yeah, i get that, but that's a good way to have people not feel like playing anymore.

i'm all for realism and having some semblance of a real NFL system but unfortunately we're going to have to take baby steps here. maybe the EA overlords grace us with a true online franchise mode in madden 13 (lulz), but for now i think we are doing pretty well for ourselves all things considered

Smokey

So jelly it must hurt.

We can't trade FAs we BID on? I don't recall hearing that. FMT approved the trade. Secondly, I don't think I'm the only one that's done it. I'll trade him back if you guys are all butt hurt. It's not like Schaub is a lesser QB. Just old. Luke was right anyway. This shit ain't making it 3+ seasons if the schedules are the same.

images

MG trying to weasel an explanation to get around the rules or what is "expected". smh.

LiveWire

as for the trades/cap hits, we're already working with kind of a patch work system and adding that in just opens it up to even more complications. we aren't math magicians here and i have a feeling that you'd see certain guys in the league having just massive cap hits where it would be hard to field even an average team at that point. "well that's their own fault!" yeah, i get that, but that's a good way to have people not feel like playing anymore.

i'm all for realism and having some semblance of a real NFL system but unfortunately we're going to have to take baby steps here. maybe the EA overlords grace us with a true online franchise mode in madden 13 (lulz), but for now i think we are doing pretty well for ourselves all things considered

Good point. And on that note, it's 4:21PM surfer time and the bar is calling my name.

images

Smokey

y do u hate rors so much? i want us to all be brothers here

I don't hate MaddenGod! I'm just speaking REAL TALK. You see how others are saying I thought this and I thought that? Expectations. MaddenGod, as he usually does, defied all expectations and is getting off the hook. Yall always wanna call me out for trades so fuck it, I'm returning the favor.

I don't hate MaddenGod! I'm just speaking REAL TALK. You see how others are saying I thought this and I thought that? Expectations. MaddenGod, as he usually does, defied all expectations and is getting off the hook. Yall always wanna call me out for trades so fuck it, I'm returning the favor.

who called you out for trades? i approved your massive trade last season, no penalty! there were also no rules broken, i never said you couldn't trade free agents in the same year. i said that last year!

carry on hating then!

mik

mik is unbeatable
Whoa! Thats craziness. I'm available anytime so just PM me if/when you can play and your internet comes back.

Internet is still iffy. It was out until about 1:00 today, according to my wife. Then it went out again a half hour ago. Not sure if/when it will return. :\

Smokey

who called you out for trades? i approved your massive trade last season, no penalty! there were also no rules broken, i never said you couldn't trade free agents in the same year. i said that last year!

carry on hating then!

OIC

DCX and my trade took up half a page last season. MaddenGod makes some backwater dealing worse than ours and barely anybody says anything until this page. Then MG comes and offers a weasel explanation and all is good!

Birdman02

i did? i don't remember having that rule this year. prove it!

Speak for yourself...I do this shit for a living.

Smokey

Lol what the heck, Rors got Schaub in FA just to trade him? I see Schaub is listed as a Lion now on the Pro Bowl selection page in League Manager. I missed this deal. What was the trade?

Remember when we wernt policing trades because someone thought the league could be realistic about it.

Is this the 4325 time i was right about something before hand

Hmm... Thought we couldn't trade FAs.

There should be a cap hold on trading free agents in the first year. I'm sure Luke and I will hammer all this out and dole out the proper punishments.

Maybe relinquishing a draft pick.

DCX

Woah woah woah. We can trade FA in the same season? When FMT specifically said NO FA TRADING? WTF. I could've offloaded Dunta last season. Wow. This league is really well managed. Who's in charge again? The inmates must be running the asylum.

I really don't like the idea of trading FAs the same season they were signed. I can think of all kinds of ridiculous ways to exploit it.

Let your voices be heard!

Will the shadow council (FMT) ignore the pleas of his men to satisfy an Elite brethren? MaddenGod gets away with no penalties?

He is getting away with nothing. I got a first round pick and unloaded $15 million in cap space on him for a player who I planned on cutting at the end of the year anyway. I'm not trading back because you guys are butthurt. I mentioned trading Stafford a few pages back and Rors commented on how he would take him. So we worked a deal out over AIM and PMs and had it approved. I don't see anything unreasonable about the trade.

Smokey

He is getting away with nothing. I got a first round pick and unloaded $15 million in cap space on him for a player who I planned on cutting at the end of the year anyway. I'm not trading back because you guys are butthurt. I mentioned trading Stafford a few pages back and Rors commented on how he would take him. So we worked a deal out over AIM and PMs and had it approved. I don't see anything unreasonable about the trade.

This is bigger than you sir. Sets a precedent for the rest of the league. Signing FA's then trading them in the same year was something that we thought couldn't happen. See your fellow Madden brothers response in my previous post.

P.S. If you are told to trade him back I'm sure you will. Not that I expect that to happen especially with MG involved, just saying.

This is bigger than you sir. Sets a precedent for the rest of the league. Signing FA's then trading them in the same year was something that we thought couldn't happen. See your fellow Madden brothers response in my previous post.

P.S. If you are told to trade him back I'm sure you will. Not that I expect that to happen especially with MG involved, just saying.

Its not like Rors signed Schaub with the intention of trading him. It was a lucky strike for him that a QB he thinks is better came up for trade.

And he isn't the only player I tried to strike a deal with. I had another player who wanted Stafford but didn't think he could make the cap room, so I went with Rors offer. Doesn't seem fair I get punished for trying to make my team better in my eyes. But whatever i guess

Smokey

Its not like Rors signed Schaub with the intention of trading him. It was a lucky strike for him that a QB he thinks is better came up for trade.

And he isn't the only player I tried to strike a deal with. I had another player who wanted Stafford but didn't think he could make the cap room, so I went with Rors offer. Doesn't seem fair I get punished for trying to make my team better in my eyes. But whatever i guess

Not the point. Again, it's bigger than you. See:

Woah woah woah. We can trade FA in the same season? When FMT specifically said NO FA TRADING? WTF. I could've offloaded Dunta last season. Wow. This league is really well managed. Who's in charge again? The inmates must be running the asylum.

I see and understand this, I really do. But you also were not penalized when you cut him like I will be when I cut Stafford

Mrbob

Rors wanted dat throw power. He saw what Cutler could do zipping the ball and wanted a piece of the action.

Stafford is young, has a rocket arm with very good short, medium, and long passing accuracy. Decent play action too, with all these attributes only to get better. Goldy what have you unleashed on this league to all of us. :/

Smokey

smokey starting a revolt?
i for one welcome a corrupt former 2k commish overlord

Nothing will come of the revolt especially when it involves a supreme Elite. I simply aim to bring attention to the matter!
Await the response of the Overlord. Probably dealwitit.jpg

Rors wanted dat throw power. He saw what Cutler could do zipping the ball and wanted a piece of the action.

Stafford is young, has a rocket arm with very good short, medium, and long passing accuracy. Decent play action too, with all these attributes only to get better. Goldy what have you unleashed on this league to all of us. :/

I had to look out for my future man. Stafford's accuracy didn't move up a bit over the offseason and is costing me too much money that I would have had to get rid of some players to keep him around next season. Schaub fits nicely for my team and I don't really have to deal with Rors. I look forward to the unrealistic interceptions Rors will have to deal with.

If I am forced to take him back, I will for the betterment of the league's structure and longevity, but will forever remain confused why everyone is huffy that Rors is getting a mediocre QB and losing a first round pick

EDIT: Technically I know why everyone is upset. But I still hold to my arguments

1. show me where i said there was no trading FA's this year.
2. rors got screwed on his deal: stafford is rated lower AND rors gave up an extra draft pick

rules are pretty simple and no one is getting anything over. ive approved most trades, including the most unrealistic trade of the year for you smokes. keep trying though! looks like life isn't so easy when you don't have the overrated chargers to fall back on :(

bluemax

Banned
I had to look out for my future man. Stafford's accuracy didn't move up a bit over the offseason and is costing me too much money that I would have had to get rid of some players to keep him around next season. Schaub fits nicely for my team and I don't really have to deal with Rors. I look forward to the unrealistic interceptions Rors will have to deal with.

If I am forced to take him back, I will for the betterment of the league's structure and longevity, but will forever remain confused why everyone is huffy that Rors is getting a mediocre QB and losing a first round pick

EDIT: Technically I know why everyone is upset. But I still hold to my arguments

Again this has nothing to do with THIS particular trade but rather the possibilities it opens up down the road.

We've now opened up the road so people will sign free agents solely to use them as trade chips. It'll be the Cliff Lee circus every year!

Again this has nothing to do with THIS particular trade but rather the possibilities it opens up down the road.

We've now opened up the road so people will sign free agents solely to use them as trade chips. It'll be the Cliff Lee circus every year!

in what way can you abuse this?

free agency is open to everyone. if someone wanted a guy, just bid on him! if someone else outbids you, and then you wanted to trade for the guy later, how is that abusing the system?

Mrbob

I'm not commenting on whether the deal should go down, but Rors did not get screwed on the trade. His first is basically a second, and the upgrade in throw power is huge compared to noodle armed schaub. He gets a young player who will improve year to year as well.

Smokey

1. show me where i said there was no trading FA's this year.
2. rors got screwed on his deal: stafford is rated lower AND rors gave up an extra draft pick

rules are pretty simple and no one is getting anything over. ive approved most trades, including the most unrealistic trade of the year for you smokes. keep trying though! looks like life isn't so easy when you don't have the overrated chargers to fall back on :(

It was implied. Look at all the other posters on this page saying the same thing. The fact that you're looking the other way is shameful. Now all of a sudden MaddenGod got "screwed on this deaL" therefore it's alright guys!Just don't say anything when this shit gets exploited to high hell. Also weak troll attempt. Says the guy playing in the much weaker conference .You get to the playoffs by default every year. Anybody talking noise in the NFC about the playoffs or lack of playoffs/SB for anybody in the AFC should sit down.

It was implied. Look at all the other posters on this page saying the same thing. The fact that you're looking the other way is shameful. Just don't say anything when this shit gets exploited to high hell. Also weak troll attempt. We can't all be Elite's and God's at Madden NFL 2012!

1. how was it implied? lulz
2. how am i "looking the other way"? i approved the trade myself! i would have approved a trade for you under the same circumstances!
3. give me an example of how this could be exploited

Rorschach

images

MG trying to weasel an explanation to get around the rules or what is "expected". smh.

How did I try to "weasel" out of it? I already proposed the trade back to goldlion because your butt is insanely hurt. Right after I made that post, I told gold to accept it via PM. That was hours ago.

Gold is the one that should be upset. It was originally a second round pick, but since I forgot I didn't have it, I gave him a first because I fucked up. Now, he gets nothing. Maybe he and wellie can work something out.

7SdnE.jpg

243pm

bluemax

Banned
in what way can you abuse this?

free agency is open to everyone. if someone wanted a guy, just bid on him! if someone else outbids you, and then you wanted to trade for the guy later, how is that abusing the system?

So I outbid a guy for a player I don't want solely so I can rip him off in a trade later and this is okay?

I'm not commenting on whether the deal should go down, but Rors did not get screwed on this deal. His first is basically a second, and the upgrade in throw power is huge compared to noodle armed schaub. He gets a young player who will improve year to year as well.

stafford: accuracy s/m/d: 88/82/83 (accuracy overall 81, THP: 97)
shaub: acc: 94/87/80 (accuracy overall: 90, thp: 88)

sorry, but i take shaub + the draft pick over stafford every time. accuracy is more important than pure THP.

but hey! gotta have something to rabble about!

So I outbid a guy for a player I don't want solely so I can rip him off in a trade later and this is okay?

ok? we are all working with the same cap. why is it someone elses problem that you don't have enough money to bid on a guy?

you want someone punished for having a lot of cap space. it's not like the person signing this free agent is guaranteed to have a trade partner and its not like they aren't getting hit on their cap

Smokey

My man...Why are you so focused on the players? Do you not see the big picture here?

By your logic Wellie could've signed every damn FA this past off season with the intention of trading them later in the season and that would've been ok. Come on brah.

Mrbob

sorry, but i take shaub + the draft pick over stafford every time. accuracy is more important than pure THP.

Yeah but S/M/L is more important than overall (there isn't a huge difference between S/M/L), combined with the increased throw power (big difference) that ball will be traveling to players a lot quicker.

Rorschach

I just took it for youth. Schaub is the better QB. In my proposal, I basically pointed that out. I knew it was sort of a ripoff to give up my second, but I'd have a QB for life instead of drafting some crappy standby later. The guy I drafted this year has like 66 INJ and 40 carry. He'll fumble and die if he gets touched.

My man...Why are you so focused on the players? Do you not see the big picture here?

By your logic Wellie could've signed every damn FA this past off season with the intention of trading them later in the season and that would've been ok. Come on brah.

yeah, i'm sure he could've afforded all the guys that went for $10 million+

like i said before, you're looking for a reason to complain where there is nothing there. everyone has the same cap. everyone has the same chance to sign free agents. if someone can afford the luxury of depth so be it. if a person is signing a free agent with the intention of trading him at some point, then why doesn't the person he's going to trade to just bid on him? he's going to have to incur that cap # when he trades for him anyways!

Rorschach

It's all moot. I didn't realize this was a rule (nowhere is it pointed out this year) and I did ask for approval before I submitted it. Now that it's apparently a rule, I have no problem trading back. Absolutely zero. It's more Gold's problem. :p

Smokey

like i said before, you're looking for a reason to complain where there is nothing there. everyone has the same cap. everyone has the same chance to sign free agents. if someone can afford the luxury of depth so be it. if a person is signing a free agent with the intention of trading him at some point, then why doesn't the person he's going to trade to just bid on him? he's going to have to incur that cap # when he trades for him anyways!

Yes, because I am the only one complaining. It's because I hate MaddenGod amirite?

It's all moot. I didn't realize this was a rule (nowhere is it pointed out this year) and I did ask for approval before I submitted it. Now that it's apparently a rule, I have no problem trading back. Absolutely zero. It's more Gold's problem. :p

no, it's not a rule and you don't need to trade the players back.

this "no trading FA's in the same year!" was done in MADDEN FUCKING 10 when we had a stone age style free agent system where we cut 2 80+ guys and then we all got to draft 2 guys. the restriction was put on to prevent people from trading their 2 free agent "draft picks" for one more super powered player.

this system had no contracts or cap so it was a different situation. at no point this year did i say you couldn't trade free agents

Yes, because I am the only one complaining. It's because I hate MaddenGod amirite?

do you know why you're complaining? has anyone given a good reason?

GCQuinton

Crazy idea here. Why not let the trade stand given the vagueness of what the rule was/wasn't and ban all future FA+trading moves to avoid setting any further precedent?

DCX

DCX

Injury. I have Turner, Grant and Jacobs. I don't need them, but i signed them to keep them away from other players. ( yes i know i'm 1-4, 5 ) I could trade Jacobs or Grant to BigAt considering he lost his starting back.

I didn't do this for this reason because i assumed the rule was in place which is why i signed them for one year but now i know i have two trade chips on my hands. Thanks Smokey/Rors/Gold.

BigAt, lets talk :)

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I think i figured it out. As much as i love this anarchy.

The no trading FA's thing came from madden 10 when we had the point system. so guys couldnt just pick people up and flip them for players/picks right after.

However i still think these trades are dumb and we should be running a more slightly realistic league. These guys would never be traded in real life, especially with the cap numbers, ect.

Top Bottom