• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
rams beat the seachickens!?

forever alone.... in first place!

Yeah, I had all of 3 drives in the first half. I went two and out twice and scored a TD on the last one. Bradford was super efficient and he even had a deep bomb that I'm pretty sure the real Bradford only dreams of being able to throw.

I had a shot to win at the end, but I didn't get enough air under a deep throw to Tate and it got picked off.

I would absolutely love some advice on how to get a stop on third down. I'm going to break a controller if I continue to allow 75% of third downs to get converted.

Ramirez

So, I learned tonight that the Ravens 2-4-5 has the OLBs in a 3 point stance on the line, yet the Steelers 2-4-5 doesn't. Raven's 3-4 doesn't have as many options as the Steeler's book though, what to do, what to do!?

So, I learned tonight that the Ravens 2-4-5 has the OLBs in a 3 point stance on the line, yet the Steelers 2-4-5 doesn't. Raven's 3-4 doesn't have as many options as the Steeler's book though, what to do, what to do!?

check out the texans playbook. i believe a lot of their formations have the LB's in a 3 point stance for pass rush situations.

as far as 3rd downs bluemax, it is a tough decision. for me it really depends on the situation and who i'm playing. i've gone back and forth between bringing pressure or sitting back on 3rd down. i think too often people fall into what they feel comfortable with on defense and a lot of times those are things that your opponent has seen all day already so they know with reasonable accuracy what to expect from you.

i usually save 3 or 4 defense plays that i will use maybe once a game in a critical situation. sometimes it confuses someone just enough to get a stop because they aren't expecting to see that at the snap and sometimes i get absolutely burned on it. 3rd down is a roll of the dice but i guess all i can say is try to keep it as fresh as possible and cover the middle of the field!

TheCrow

I just stopped trying to bring pressure on third down. I've had decent success with using Von Miller at LE to beat RTs and dropping 7 or 8 defenders back into coverage.

Smokey

Ok.
1. This trade should've gone through and Rors and Goldy shouldn't have felt like they had to revert it.
2. We really just had 2 pages of arguing over a Stafford for Schaub deal from a rule that was made 2 years ago.
3. You all fell for a witch hunt led by Smokey, who's really only trolling and squawking to act out (probably becasue he was bored at work on a friday). Let us not forget that he's led some pretty fantastic fairy dust-filled deals over the ears.
4. Included among the bitching in this thread is:
Crow, who has made a Madden career of finding the scheistiest Madden guys and using them (see: Noel Devine)
Bob just trolling for the sake of trolling.
DCX, who has made some of the worst personnel decisions in the history of the league, including signing Ryan Grant and Brandon Jacobs as what he now refers to as "trade chips"

For shame.

This a great post in so many ways, however number 3 is wrong. My fantastic trade history should not stop me from raising a legit issue, or at least bringing attention to it!

bluemax

Banned
I just stopped trying to bring pressure on third down. I've had decent success with using Von Miller at LE to beat RTs and dropping 7 or 8 defenders back into coverage.

But do you run man or zone?

Seems like if I blitz, my opponent always has a hot read. If I play man then my slow corners get beat, if I play zone then the other guy has all day to sit back and wait for a hole.

I think the fact that my #3 corner has more tackles than my #1 or #2 corner probably says a lot as well.

TheCrow

But do you run man or zone?

Seems like if I blitz, my opponent always has a hot read. If I play man then my slow corners get beat, if I play zone then the other guy has all day to sit back and wait for a hole.

I think the fact that my #3 corner has more tackles than my #1 or #2 corner probably says a lot as well.

A little bit of both to give my opponents different looks. And sometimes I even only rush 2 linemen as I pull my RE, Dumervil, to cover the TE or slot WR going across the middle of the field. But that's only when I know my opponent has to pass since they need to put up a lot of points to make a comeback. It also depends on whether it's 3rd and long or 3rd and short.

DCX

DCX
Ok.
1. This trade should've gone through and Rors and Goldy shouldn't have felt like they had to revert it.
2. We really just had 2 pages of arguing over a Stafford for Schaub deal from a rule that was made 2 years ago.
3. You all fell for a witch hunt led by Smokey, who's really only trolling and squawking to act out (probably becasue he was bored at work on a friday). Let us not forget that he's led some pretty fantastic fairy dust-filled deals over the ears.
4. Included among the bitching in this thread is:
Crow, who has made a Madden career of finding the scheistiest Madden guys and using them (see: Noel Devine)
Bob just trolling for the sake of trolling.
DCX, who has made some of the worst personnel decisions in the history of the league, including signing Ryan Grant and Brandon Jacobs as what he now refers to as "trade chips"

For shame.
I never said they were and how is it a bad move? It hurts no one especially me?

I think Luke is trolling for the sake of trolling.

DCX

BigAT

Injury. I have Turner, Grant and Jacobs. I don't need them, but i signed them to keep them away from other players. ( yes i know i'm 1-4, 5 ) I could trade Jacobs or Grant to BigAt considering he lost his starting back.

I didn't do this for this reason because i assumed the rule was in place which is why i signed them for one year but now i know i have two trade chips on my hands. Thanks Smokey/Rors/Gold.

BigAt, lets talk :)

DCX

I don't need either of them, I already signed a replacement. I was just curious where Jacobs ended up because I knew he went through free agency untouched. Then subsequently as to why you were hoarding expensive RB contracts.

Glad I went out last night instead of reading/participating in this. What's the big deal with trading signed free agents? That rule was invented for previous years when we were essentially drafting free agents, to force the guys at the top to draft for need and not be greedy and just grab someone they didn't need for trade bait. Access to free agents was completely limited under that scenario, now everyone has the same access and ability to sign any free agent.

Striker

Ravens and Jets both have some exotic looking packages. I used the 3-4 all the time in Madden '10 and I used the Jets book.

LiveWire -- tough to fight through the bitching in the last 50 posts. I'm free anytime this morning/afternoon, EXCEPT from like 2:00 - 3:00pm. My girlfriend is stopping by to drop her car off at my house and then being picked up by a friend, and she'd kill me if I ignored her to play a videogame. Like I'd be killed.

So I'm EST, so if you want to do it "this morning" West Coast time, just hit me up on PM anytime other than that key 1:45 - 3:15pm EST window... Or else my nuts will be in a vice grip by tomorrow evening.

Pumped about Season 3 being against the AFC East for me. As a Patriots fan in real life, I wish to release my anger on that Pats owner driving them into the ground!

Yeah, I had all of 3 drives in the first half. I went two and out twice and scored a TD on the last one. Bradford was super efficient and he even had a deep bomb that I'm pretty sure the real Bradford only dreams of being able to throw.

I had a shot to win at the end, but I didn't get enough air under a deep throw to Tate and it got picked off.

I would absolutely love some advice on how to get a stop on third down. I'm going to break a controller if I continue to allow 75% of third downs to get converted.

I just consider that payback from where my safety was in perfect position but your guy caught it and then just went around him for the last TD! :p

GG as always against you though.

LiveWire

LiveWire -- tough to fight through the bitching in the last 50 posts. I'm free anytime this morning/afternoon, EXCEPT from like 2:00 - 3:00pm. My girlfriend is stopping by to drop her car off at my house and then being picked up by a friend, and she'd kill me if I ignored her to play a videogame. Like I'd be killed.

So I'm EST, so if you want to do it "this morning" West Coast time, just hit me up on PM anytime other than that key 1:45 - 3:15pm EST window... Or else my nuts will be in a vice grip by tomorrow evening.

Yo I'm ready now if you are?

I don't need either of them, I already signed a replacement. I was just curious where Jacobs ended up because I knew he went through free agency untouched. Then subsequently as to why you were hoarding expensive RB contracts.

Glad I went out last night instead of reading/participating in this. What's the big deal with trading signed free agents? That rule was invented for previous years when we were essentially drafting free agents, to force the guys at the top to draft for need and not be greedy and just grab someone they didn't need for trade bait. Access to free agents was completely limited under that scenario, now everyone has the same access and ability to sign any free agent.

Hey! Stop making sense!

Mrbob

DCX, buddy, I think you might have cemented yourself as GM of the year once more with your admission on why you picked up your running backs.

DCX

DCX
DCX, buddy, I think you might have cemented yourself as GM of the year once more with your admission on why you picked up your running backs.
I picked up cause I could. I didn't pick them up to trade them, or any other reason than I could. If Turner got hurt I had a replacement .

You guys are so hung up on what I do its sickening. I make a trade, cut any one, sign anyone and its GM of the year. Next season when I do nothing but draft ill be a shoe in for the award anyways. Smh.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You'll probably draft a punter in the first this time and claim your prize right there.

AT you gonna be around today

LukeSmith

Are Livewire and Albatross playing yet? I'm not going to sit around all day waiting for us to advance. But we are advancing before I leave for the night (in the 7-830 surfer time window).

Mrbob

I picked up cause I could. I didn't pick them up to trade them, or any other reason than I could. If Turner got hurt I had a replacement .

You guys are so hung up on what I do its sickening. I make a trade, cut any one, sign anyone and its GM of the year. Next season when I do nothing but draft ill be a shoe in for the award anyways. Smh.

DCX

Sorry man, it is what it is. Labels are tough to break. Look at me, I keep on getting the delayed game award although I've been getting my games in ahead of most everyone else on a weekly basis!

CB3

I don't understand... are you saying I'm playing Ram and the Steelers again?

2woywyu.jpg

Rorschach

Bunch of rabble-rousers and hurt buttholes, that's why. Nobody cared when it was approved. No one cared when Gold put out his little press release. But then, all of a sudden, everyone cares and it's a huge deal.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Sent ferny a pm this morning. I'm back in business and free to play pretty much any time today.

We definitely shouldn't sim it. It's a divisional game that could put the Jets in a tie for 1st.

Smokey

Bunch of rabble-rousers and hurt buttholes, that's why. Nobody cared when it was approved. No one cared when Gold put out his little press release. But then, all of a sudden, everyone cares and it's a huge deal.

Come on MG...you know it's because we hate you.

6a01157091e704970b012875ab9404970c-500pi

CB3

Its ok. Smokey pulled off some heists in trades back in the 2k heyday. The rich getting richer and all that. You two are just two elites arguing in a world filled with us pawns :(

bluemax

Banned
I just consider that payback from where my safety was in perfect position but your guy caught it and then just went around him for the last TD! :p

GG as always against you though.

Haha, yeah I guess that's true.

BTW did you have a mic or Kinect plugged in? I could hear you coughing from time to time.

Our rivalry games are what make this league worthwhile.

Top Bottom