• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LukeSmith

Yeah I have no idea what foul demon MrBob sold his soul to in order to get into the top.

The one where he plays 1 guy from the playoffs last season in his first 7 games and plays 4 playoff teams total? Bob will have a playoff spot locked up by the time he gets to his final three games - where he plays DM, Crow and Rors

bluemax

Banned
The 5 teams that were in the bottom that aren't this season:

Browns (3-2)
Seahawks (4-3)
Chiefs (2-4)
Ravens (2-3)
Packers (2-4)

Seahawks and Browns have both matched their win totals from last season, and the Seahawks are 1 game better now. Packers, Chiefs and Ravens still need 2 wins to equal their totals from last year.

LukeSmith

The 5 teams that were in the bottom that aren't this season:

Browns (3-2)
Seahawks (4-3)
Chiefs (2-4)
Ravens (2-3)
Packers (2-4)

Seahawks and Browns have both matched their win totals from last season, and the Seahawks are 1 game better now. Packers, Chiefs and Ravens still need 2 wins to equal their totals from last year.

Ravens new ownership trying to thrive!

bluemax

Banned
Ravens new ownership trying to thrive!

Yeah I don't feel it is fair to judge the Ravens or Jaguars (or even really the Cowboys) since all those teams are under new ownership.

The two teams with the biggest drop off so far are possibly the Saints (9-7 to 2-5 so far) and the 49ers (15-1 to 3-3). Actually maybe the Jags from 7-9 to 0-6, yeah that's probably the worst. But like I said before, new owner.

TheCrow

Looks like the AFC East won't be as close as last year. But I am interested in seeing Livewire's int record being broken by someone other than Livewire.

bluemax

Banned
Cutler 12 TDS to 2INTS this year

vs

19tds and 24 ints last year

I'm not giving my opponents easy scores this season.

You've also played 5 home games! The road gods will ruin you in the second half!

Looks like the AFC East won't be as close as last year. But I am interested in seeing Livewire's int record being broken by someone other than Livewire.

NFC West is definitely the closest so far, not the best but the closest.

mik

mik is unbeatable

I'm sitting pretty right now, but I still have the Eagles, Giants, Broncos, and Chargers to come. I lost 3 out of 4 of those last season.

eznark

Banned
Alright, heading on now.

Awesome game dude! On that sack when Rodgers broke the tackle with a duck Finley was so fucking wide open, but for whatever reason A didn't work. I don't know if there is some sort of recovery period or what but...ugh.

My defense was fucking stout and for whatever reason completely fell apart with 1 minute left in each half.

Next year is my year! I can feel it! This team is on the up and up!!

The big problem is that my free agent signings are kind of old and will regress. Addai is a fucking revelation. Seriously, best signing ever. Guy is dynamic as hell and runs awesome routes. Yes he is kind of slow but I don't think he has a drop all year (except on those bizarre swing passes that madden just forces drops on). Takeo Spikes has completely turned around the linebacking corps. While he isn't fantastically great or anything, he is reliable and doesn't miss tackles.

I'm now able to keep games close as long as I don't turn the ball over, which is nice. Anyway, I still kind of suck but at least my games are competitive!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Skyrim bros, I've been progressing the story a little more than normal lately because I'm a bored with all the sidequests. Been doing a lot of the imperial missions, capturing forts, bashing faces, the usual.

I'm at a bit of an impasse as far as my development. I'm level 25 and I sometimes feel like I am not doling out as much damage as I should be. I maxed out the one hander percentage damage bonus, but other than that I've been having a rough go of it. I like to conjure some help then proceed to equip a shield and kill bitches. Should I be looking into smithing my own bad-ass weapons, enchanting, or just becoming an unstoppable tank of epic proportions and just wearing down my enemies?

Also, fuck Rahgot.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
No but seriously, I was in fucking Forelhost for hours and it's killer traps, tons of Drauga and just a lot of bullshit with Rahgot. I went early on, left because I was overmatched. Came back and wiped out all the regular enemies, and had to leave again because Rahgot was damn near invincible against me. When I go back i will mop the floor with that turd, i swear to Godgers.

eznark

Banned
Skyrim bros, I've been progressing the story a little more than normal lately because I'm a bored with all the sidequests. Been doing a lot of the imperial missions, capturing forts, bashing faces, the usual.

I'm at a bit of an impasse as far as my development. I'm level 25 and I sometimes feel like I am not doling out as much damage as I should be. I maxed out the one hander percentage damage bonus, but other than that I've been having a rough go of it. I like to conjure some help then proceed to equip a shield and kill bitches. Should I be looking into smithing my own bad-ass weapons, enchanting, or just becoming an unstoppable tank of epic proportions and just wearing down my enemies?

Also, fuck Rahgot.

What!? I've been playing for 60 hours and had no idea you could capture forts. Fuuuuuck

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I focused on one-handed at first, then beefed up two-handed skills, pretty big difference. That plus destruction magic, dual-casting versions of some of the second level spells are pretty beast, like ice bolt.

eznark

Banned
I haven't put any points into damage (physical or magic) really. All of my points are going into sneaking, pick pocketing and light armor. I also am pretty bad ass with a bow. So basically I send in Lydia to tank then pick people off with the bow. Then I give them the old fire breath dragon shout to finish them off once they have incapacitated Lydia. Stupid bitch often gets her ass burned up by me and then I have to reload. Annoying.

McNei1y

My next four:

Rors
Eznark
Crow
FMT

Hopefully the last four games for this week happen soon so I can continue the losing streak!

BigAT

Is there anywhere on armor descriptions that specifically indicates whether it is light, medium or heavy? I'm only a couple of hours in but I've only been using heavy armor so far because it has the highest armor rating, but I keep hearing that light armor is better.

eznark

Banned
Is there anywhere on armor descriptions that specifically indicates whether it is light, medium or heavy? I'm only a couple of hours in but I've only been using heavy armor so far because it has the highest armor rating, but I keep hearing that light armor is better.

Upper left corner. I got the entire thieves guild set and I'm loving it, but I'm basically playing as a filthy sneak thief wood elf.

Rorschach

Upper left corner. I got the entire thieves guild set and I'm loving it, but I'm basically playing as a filthy sneak thief wood elf.

Eznark prancing around as some fairy wood elf? smh Real thieves are Argonian!

I'm as a hunter type!
Also a wood elf :| +10 archery, don't judge me!

[edit] I regret buying and putting points into destruction magic. It was so OP in the beginning, but I never use it anymore!

Nightz

I'm a wood elf thief/archer too. :(

Also I'm thinking of going to Best Buy today to get in on the B2G1 deal. I'll be getting Mario Kart and Mario, just need to find a third game. Give me suggestions, friends.

Fuck a duck. After the bye it's my turn for an advance :(

This looks a bit dyslexic to me.

eznark

Banned
Eznark prancing around as some fairy wood elf? smh Real thieves are Argonian!

I'm as a hunter type!
Also a wood elf :| +10 archery, don't judge me!

[edit] I regret buying and putting points into destruction magic. It was so OP in the beginning, but I never use it anymore!

My wood elf is motherfucking CUT. Guy is a giant.

I'm a wood elf thief/archer too. :(

Also I'm thinking of going to Best Buy today to get in on the B2G1 deal. I'll be getting Mario Kart and Mario, just need to find a third game. Give me suggestions, friends.

STOP LIVING MY LIFE!!

Nightz

STOP LIVING MY LIFE!!
Identity-theft.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

Why is light armor better?

Rorschach

Why is light armor better?

Depends on your class. Lighter armor makes less sound and weighs less. Plus, if you're wearing light armor, that means more room to carry useless dungeon shit! :p

I think the final heavy armor point is to make it not weigh anything, though. IIRC, both paths have a bonus for wearing a full set of that armor type.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
You move quicker I guess? Better for stealth? I don't know, that is just what I had heard.

The only thing that's sucks is that my armor is so heavy that I needed to boost my stamina quite a bit at the start so I could pick up my phat loot during dungeon crawls. Just waiting to get the perk that makes worn armor weightless.

Man there was a dragon that attacked Solitude. I just stayed away and watched people die it was awesome.

LiveWire

Yea in the end it doesn't really matter. In Oblivion I had full elven plate matched with stealth bonuses out the wazoo, weighed like 2 lbs, and I still ended up just running up and beating shit to death.

Rorschach

Yea in the end it doesn't really matter. In Oblivion I had full elven plate matched with stealth bonuses out the wazoo, weighed like 2 lbs, and I still ended up just running up and beating shit to death.

Yeah, that's true. You can upgrade your stealth so it doesn't matter... but I don't see someone trying to be a meat tank putting in many points to stealth. My heavy armor rating is higher right now than my light armor rating because I was wearing armlets. :|

Plus, I don't get hit when I'm in light armor!

DMczaf

Awesome game dude! On that sack when Rodgers broke the tackle with a duck Finley was so fucking wide open, but for whatever reason A didn't work. I don't know if there is some sort of recovery period or what but...ugh.

My defense was fucking stout and for whatever reason completely fell apart with 1 minute left in each half.

The big problem is that my free agent signings are kind of old and will regress. Addai is a fucking revelation. Seriously, best signing ever. Guy is dynamic as hell and runs awesome routes. Yes he is kind of slow but I don't think he has a drop all year (except on those bizarre swing passes that madden just forces drops on). Takeo Spikes has completely turned around the linebacking corps. While he isn't fantastically great or anything, he is reliable and doesn't miss tackles.

I'm now able to keep games close as long as I don't turn the ball over, which is nice. Anyway, I still kind of suck but at least my games are competitive!

gg

Rodgers and his WR corp are a bitch!

I was in that No Man's Land of "Do I just let you score on purpose and have as much time and TOs left as possible, or do I just try to put up a defensive stand and win the game right here...", I try to do it like a real NFL coach and play defense and I end up using all my timeouts and only having 1:15 left after you finally score the TD anyway lol.

And I'm forced to score a TD again with less than 2 mins to win a game. I know my luck will run out soon, but I don't want it to!

LukeSmith

What in the shit

Nightz

Addai is the shit!

Is that like a knock-knock joke?

He does it all! Unlike Ryan Grant he doesn't fall down when running his routes or drop balls when someone touches him. My RB requirements are low.

What's your availability this week? I think you and I play next.

DCX

DCX
Addai is the shit!

Is that like a knock-knock joke?

He does it all! Unlike Ryan Grant he doesn't fall down when running his routes or drop balls when someone touches him. My RB requirements are low.
So you want a Wr at rb?

DCX

LiveWire

Storybook I also PMed you, lemme know when you want to get our game in...I'm free tonight and tomorrow night but not Wednesday.

eznark

Banned
So you want a Wr at rb?

DCX

Tight end ideally, but tight ends seem to fumble a lot. Packers have a couple formations with Finley in the backfield which I like a lot.

What's your availability this week? I think you and I play next.
Any night but Thursday I imagine. Might go to the zoo to see the Christmas lights on Wednesday though

bluemax

Banned
Ah I see. Shane Vereen has amazing catching stats for a rb. 83 catch and high route running also.

I should use him more.

DCX

My #3 RB:

Catching: 78 Route Running: 78 Catch in Traffic: 80
Spectacular Catch: 66 Release: 78 Jumping: 72
Speed: 95 Acceleration: 97

He's actually my best deep threat receiver!

Top Bottom