• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LJ11

levious said:
auto strafe? I think they're talking about defensive assist, where you just hold A and the guy you're controlling goes on auto-pilot.

Right, it's called auto strafe. It's a retard label, because it does much more than help you strafe. Should change it to auto-pilot like you said, but auto strafe=autopilot.

DCX

DCX
GG AT. If there was a game to win, it was that one. Turner fumbles inside the ten screwed me big time. GG, that user pick was a dagger :/ I also missed Roddy on an inside pattern that looked like a TD :(

DCX

BigAT

DCX said:
GG AT. If there was a game to win, it was that one. Turner fumbles inside the ten screwed me big time. GG, that user pick was a dagger :/ I also missed Roddy on an inside pattern that looked like a TD :(

DCX
GG. I've never broken a controller before on any console, but kicking this year just might make me do it. The timing feels weird enough as it is, but when it lag hitches 2-3 times on the way down and I have to guess at accuracy it's infuriating. Two more badly missed field goals.

Uh...I don't think you can turn defensive assist off in franchise mode.

DMczaf

Smokey said:
Wow. Can this be disabled during our franchise? That's the definition of auto-pilot.

Are you also going to track down people who don't press a button after the snap, which also puts the CPU in control?

Somnia

Wellington said:
Autostrafe is an abortion of a feature. Has killed me on a number of returns.

This was on during a game I played at my conference and it cost me the fucking game.

Booting up madden for the first time right now, turning that shit off!

Ramirez

LJ11 said:
Wasn't a problem with NCAA 11

Well then it should be mandatory to turn off the assists when controlling a LB or S. All you do is hold the A button now and you're playing LB/S like a fucking champ.

Can't say I've noticed anyone using the assist, people are grossly out of position most of the time when they manually control the LB/S. I know I haven't used it.

GG DCX, I can't average 4 picks a game and expect to win. Smokey took my role in the next game, I only threw one pick to his 3, but I had several passes that should have been picked, or would have been picks in the other games I've played.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CB3 said:
Denied.

Sorry

punched_panzerotto.gif

LJ11

Nah, that wasn't that bad.

The first play of the game, first run, everyone was blocked, Jackson had daylight big time, no one would catch him and it's only a 16 yard gain.

Had Steve Johnson wide open on another throw, TD most likely and I missed the throw be 10 yards, holy shit.

Never should have gone deep to Jones again, but I though his TD may give him a boost.

My main issue was not contain the Bush tosses. I'm used to NCAA where the DL contain is a simple button and I don't have to go to each end and tell him what to do. Got gashed in run game.

Birdman02

BigAT said:
Yeah, defensive assist definitely is NOT a toggle feature for online franchise.

I didn't know defensive assist existed, but I know auto-strafe is damn annoying. I've seen so many 10 yd runs turned into 50 yd runs because of that bs.

LukeSmith

I'm still at work, so rest assured this isn't a vent at a player in the league or anything.

But in what fucking world does a 4-3 put a LB on a receiver against Twins?
Because that's how it gets covered in Madden.

Is there some hidden feature to you know, having my corners actually stay on their wideouts rather than Pat Angerer trying to cover whoever?

Throwing out of twins is bitchmade, yet again

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
LukeSmith said:
I'm still at work, so rest assured this isn't a vent at a player in the league or anything.

Is there some hidden eature to you know, having my corners actually stay on their wideouts rather than Pat Angerer trying to cover whoever?

I did this alot in NCAA 11. I tried not to so far in NCAA 12.

But alot of people I played in 12 did this.

CB #1 covers the space around TE #2

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:

Is there some hidden feature to you know, having my corners actually stay on their wideouts rather than Pat Angerer trying to cover whoever?

Defensive assignments are your friend.

DCX

BigAT

LukeSmith said:

Seconded.

LJ11

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Notice any of the ridiculous playcalling in the first-half (especially towards the end)? Was having a conversation with my dad. :p

I noticed you calling tosses over and over, that's about it.

I fucking hate this game.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:

Got news for ya, it's not just against twins. -_- It randomly puts LBs on WRs all the time. Even if you play nickel against 3 wide, you're going to get LB vs WR matchups.

Usually, in twins, it changes the CB to the other side, but sometimes it just bugs out and decides an LB should cover that. In NCAA, it sends your defender about 30 yards downfield before the snap lol

CB3 said:
I didnt even know you could turn those off. yes please.
You can't.

LukeSmith said:
Play action is all but useless in this game
I think it's overpowered. :\
Defensive ends generate 0 pressure without blitzing over them to free them up
Pass rush is all DT
True. At least for me, anyway. Even when I blitz, I can't get any pressure against good teams. Meanwhile, I have to adjust my line and hold back my HB and TE to block every play.

DCX

DCX
LukeSmith said:
You're verifying this feature finally works? Since it hasn't against multiple formations for years.

shots
Well I had Wellie come out in twins with Nicks on the inside and it had Weatherspoon on him instead of Dunta. I had made the switch in the menu and had Dunta on him all the time and it worked, at least when u came out in twins again.

DCX

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
Got news for ya, it's not just against twins. -_- It randomly puts LBs on WRs all the time. Even if you play nickel against 3 wide, you're going to get LB vs WR matchups.

Usually, in twins, it changes the CB to the other side, but sometimes it just bugs out and decides an LB should cover that. In NCAA, it sends your defender about 30 yards downfield before the snap lol

You can't.

I think it's overpowered. :\
True. At least for me, anyway. Even when I blitz, I can't get any pressure against good teams. Meanwhile, I have to adjust my line and hold back my HB and TE to block every play.

We just bad now :(
Let's scrim tonight and see what the battle for the 1 pick is going to feel like

Rorschach

Defensive assignments just lead to more trouble. Then you get even more retarded coverages like LBs on #1 WRs and DEs on slot guys. That was my experience with it. DM told me to just set every single player, but that didn't work either.

Did they actually fix it this year?

LJ11

TheCrow said:
Yeah, Reggie Bush is pretty fast. :/

Yeah, but it seems like that Miami playbook has some really nice runs in it, tough to stop if you don't know what's coming. So even though Bush is fast, the run formations make it a bit tougher when you haven't faced it.

CB3 said:
So dont play? No one is forcing you bro.

Of course not, no one's stopping from calling the game shit either. It runs terribly online, I'm not sure what the issue is, be it lag/framerate, but it chugs on my 360.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
Defensive assignments just lead to more trouble. Then you get even more retarded coverages like LBs on #1 WRs and DEs on slot guys. That was my experience with it. DM told me to just set every single player, but that didn't work either.

Did they actually fix it this year?
It worked and has worked for me. I would say try it, scrims don't count :)

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
It worked and has worked for me. I would say try it, scrims don't count :)

DCX
I'm a lazy, lazy man. Plus, I had zero confidence they would actually fix it. Didn't even know the feature was still in. Why the hell would they fix it and not say anything and also not fix so many other things wrong with the game? Weird.

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I'm a lazy, lazy man. Plus, I had zero confidence they would actually fix it. Didn't even know the feature was still in. Why the hell would they fix it and not say anything and also not fix so many other things wrong with the game? Weird.
They prolly never knew it was broken before and why bring attention to a feature that isn't new.

DCX

Top Bottom