• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Nightz

eznark said:
What are we thinking in terms of league start?
I would assume we're waiting for at least the opening day roster update so that we can have our complete teams with cuts and all.

The League Manager stuff isn't fully deployed either as it doesn't have the free agency, draft, and trade stuff yet (should be out by this weekend). Some of their salary cap numbers are off too (for example, Antonio Gates only has 1 year on his contract when in reality he's signed until 2015), so hopefully those get updated. If not, the league commissioner can always make changes to the cap numbers.

eznark

Banned
Ya, I'm gonna be gone from Monday to Monday so just making sure it wasn't starting immediately after new rosters (I assume they'll be out next week right?)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
What do you guys think of a league start to coincide with week 2 of the NFL? I suggest 9/20, which is the Tuesday of week 2. That way we're clear of all the week 2 games and it's enough time for all of us to get the game down and roster updates to come out. Too far out?

TheCrow

Wellington said:
What do you guys think of a league start to coincide with week 2 of the NFL? I suggest 9/20, which is the Tuesday of week 2. That way we're clear of all the week 2 games and it's enough time for all of us to get the game down and roster updates to come out. Too far out?
I rather we just start as soon as the finalized rosters get out or at most a week after. 9/20 would be too long to wait.

DMczaf

http://www.myleaguemanager.net/

Earlier today, Donny Moore, the 'Ratings Czar' for Madden NFL over at EA Tiburon sent me his latest working copy of contract information for Madden 12. This updates on the previous one we were working with (from July) and has the new contracts like Mike Vick, Joe Thomas, Lawrence Timmons and Frank Gore (to name a few).

I've updated the default salary repository and that means that you can go ahead and re-run you "Set NFL-style Contracts' function in the admin console to get the latest update.

Donny informed me that he is in the process of his latest roster update and that this information will most likely update again in the coming weeks. When we get the latest information in, we will make that available for you as well. At that point, if you want to again update you can. Else you can stay on the currently updated set.

daw840

Wellington said:
This sounds ideal to me.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
whoops, that was meant to be a text Haha. Week 2 is to late :( community will allow us to scrim proper like.

DCX

Nightz

TheCrow said:
I rather we just start as soon as the finalized rosters get out or at most a week after. 9/20 would be too long to wait.
Agreed. Waiting too long kills excitement and momentum. Just look at the NCAA league.

TheCrow

Nightz said:
Agreed. Waiting too long kills excitement and momentum. Just look at the NCAA league.
I'd say the game had more to do with killing the excitement for NCAA but we should start Madden as soon as everything is ready to go. This is actually the first time I've played scrims before the league started. The community feature has helped a lot.

Nightz

TheCrow said:
I'd say the game had more to do with killing the excitement for NCAA but we should start Madden as soon as everything is ready to go. This is actually the first time I've played scrims before the league started. The community feature has helped a lot.
Sorry, forgot to clarify. Meant to say that waiting for the patch for NCAA killed our momentum.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
levious said:
Wellie vs. BigAT is gonna feel like an NBA playoff series...
Not really. I think I've beaten AT exactly once, but all of our games have gone to the final drive. He's beaten me each time by three points or less. He owns me like 5-1 all time.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
oh no, I just meant that it would get dragged out over a week or something.

BigAT

Wellington said:
Not really. I think I've beaten AT exactly once, but all of our games have gone to the final drive. He's beaten me each time by three points or less. He owns me like 5-1 all time.
I know you're quick to insist that I dominate you, but it's certainly never felt that way on my end. Each of our games has been extremely hard fought and it feels like I have to work hard on every play just to earn a little bit. Domination is the last thing I think of.

Basically when I think of our history, I think of how close they are and I ignore what the actual results of the games are. But I guess that's easy WHEN I WIN EVERY FUCKING GAME LOLOLOL.

LJ11

daw840 said:
One thing that drives me crazy is all of the passes batted down at the line or by LBs that are 5 yards deep and your receiver is 15 yards deep. They just seem to have some sort of supernatural jumping ability.

My opponents seem to have little trouble lobbing it over my LBs for the most part, but I can't do it for the life of me.

The LBs don't really commit to underneath coverage, so you can package a shallow drag/cross route and a deeper in route, but the LBs will still manage to defend the deeper dig/in. Frustrates the hell out of me, in NCAA this concept worked just like it does in real life.

To be fair, maybe you can get this concept to work consistently, but I usually get sacked within 3 seconds so at this point I've stopped attempting it.

levious

LJ11 said:
My opponents seem to have little trouble lobbing it over my LBs for the most part, but I can't do it for the life of me.

are they doing it after a play fake? I feel like the CPU LBs rarely jump up to break up a pass after a play fake, even if they didn't really bite on it.

levious

LukeSmith said:
That's pretty accurate. He's a pussy

I didn't realize how much of one he was until Kardashian weasled her way into his post super bowl interview on nfl network.

LJ11

levious said:
are they doing it after a play fake? I feel like the CPU LBs rarely jump up to break up a pass after a play fake, even if they didn't really bite on it.

On a couple of occasions, yes, however if you playfake against me you're going to get sacked more often than not. Not trying to boast, it's just that the OL AI goes to total shit on a PA. I'm able to shed an OG like snakeskin, it's pretty fucking retarded and has been an issue for years. Only way I get stopped/slowed is if the RB cuts me.

I would never PA at this point if the guy is a manual DL player, it's a sack.

I think it's a deep cross, and not necessarily a dig/in + drag that's killing me, some sort of multi level cross on the same side. I'll try and figure it out.

I'd probably have an easier time defending some of this stuff but George Wilson (SS) is slow as shit and gets killed in coverage when I drop him in the box or have him play middle. Dude just breaks to the ball much too slowly.

DMczaf

Emailed Amazon last night, and I wake up to the $20 credit in my account.

Now to preorder Gears 3 for $39.99, and then queue up another $20 credit from that. The Amazon Circle of Life.

eznark

Banned
DMczaf said:
Emailed Amazon last night, and I wake up to the $20 credit in my account.

Now to preorder Gears 3 for $39.99, and then queue up another $20 credit from that. The Amazon Circle of Life.

Too bad you have to get shitty games like Gears to keep the circle going.

LukeSmith

Play action is all but useless in this game
Running game is too easy
Defensive ends generate 0 pressure without blitzing over them to free them up
Pass rush is all DT
Peyton Manning scrambles like Jake Plummer

LukeSmith said:
Play action is all but useless in this game

You need to run rollouts with it and hope the pressure isn't coming the way you rollout and then manage to throw an accurate pass on the run. So............ useless

DMczaf

eznark said:
Too bad you have to get shitty games like Gears to keep the circle going.

I take it you're not joining me and MrBob in our co-op campaign. We need 2 more people for our quest to finish the MARIAAAAAAAAAA!

LukeSmith

DMczaf said:
I take it you're not joining me and MrBob in our co-op campaign. We need 2 more people for our quest to finish the MARIAAAAAAAAAA!

Brothers to the end!

TheCrow said:
Play action can be effective when you're opponent controls a safety or linebacker.

If there's any CPU blitz, they don't slow for the PA at all. They just dong the QB

levious

LukeSmith said:
If there's any CPU blitz, they don't slow for the PA at all. They just dong the QB

H80Xb.jpg

mik

mik is unbeatable
Yeah, it doesn't have much to do with the safeties biting, LBs and the line don't pause at all.

TheCrow

DMczaf said:
I'd join but I really don't care about the Gears single player.

eznark

Banned
DMczaf said:

Nope, down for some Space Marine co-op in October though!

Ramirez

daw840 said:
One thing that drives me crazy is all of the passes batted down at the line or by LBs that are 5 yards deep and your receiver is 15 yards deep. They just seem to have some sort of supernatural jumping ability.

Seconded. This has been a problem in these games for as long as I can remember...

TheCrow said:
Play action can be effective when you're opponent controls a safety or linebacker.

Which should be mandatory, if you play D-line the whole game you should just set your controller down on defense.

Also, 9/20 is way too late to start, doesn't Gears 3 hit around that time?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Nothing like a highscoring defensive battle, 5 turnovers ech.. GG Welli!
That was the first time in Madden 12 I've been completely stumped offensively. Couldn't do a damned thing. GG.

Top Bottom