• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
I've lost to you, FMT, CB,

and eznark, who was my first game.
I'll play you before I go to sleep tonight, even though you ignored my trade interest :(

DCX

Rorschach

DCX don't ruin a good thing. I mean, Livewire is getting conned early, but he has a crappy team. What are you doing?

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
I've lost to you, FMT, CB,

and eznark, who was my first game.
FMT is the only S tier player here and CB has the NuPatriots. Eznark and I aren't much. Weird balance. The season will be interesting.

DCX said:
I'll play you before I go to sleep tonight, even though you ignored my trade interest :(

DCX

What trade again? I'm pretty content with my team really. You trying to deal a RB or QB?
And not going to get deep into trade talks without lookin at my cap and what not, gotta wait for the league to be set up at the least.

DCX

DCX
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
What trade again? I'm pretty content with my team really. You trying to deal a RB or QB?
And not going to get deep into trade talks without lookin at my cap and what not, gotta wait for the league to be set up at the least.
I was kidding really. I pmed you weeks ago about CB Sean Smith.

Seeing as the Falcons signed Kelvin Hayden I don't need him any more.

His height would have been nice :(

DCX

DCX said:

DCX

Ah prolly checked it in another state of mind and forgot :p

And yeah, not breaking up this secondary if I can help it.

bluemax

Banned
DCX said:

DCX

I contend that height is almost completely meaningless in virtual football.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Wellington said:
Yeah I felt like that twins slant was open all day. Fucking love Nicks. Also, I hate Tebow and Moreno. :|

Probably because he had a LB covering one of those WR in twins

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
CB3 said:
Probably because he had a LB covering one of those WR in twins
It was Bailey.

Is it me or does the AI just not challenge calls inside the 2 minute warning? It's lame as fuck since we can't do our own challenges. Fumbled with Bradshaw in the redzone, and while it was the right call, still take a closer look to make me feel better!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
It was Bailey.

Is it me or does the AI just not challenge calls inside the 2 minute warning? It's lame as fuck since we can't do our own challenges. Fumbled with Bradshaw in the redzone, and while it was the right call, still take a closer look to make me feel better!
They don't review touchdowns either. It asks you to waste a challenge/TO. Madden a year behind as usual!

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
I contend that height is almost completely meaningless in virtual football.
I traded for Sean Smith in Madden 10 and his height and jumping ability actually helped me defend the Andre Johnsons and Megatrons of the world.

DCX

Smokey

Wellington said:
It was Bailey.

My TD in our game at the end of first half that should've been good.

:(

eznark

Banned
lol, I decided to give MUT a try since the servers have been down all night. Played v. CPU.

Even that shit, single player, disconnected so it didn't count for shit.

Nice, EA. Nice.

I'll play after the TCU game, I just flipped back to see the score and somehow they're down 8 with the ball. Servers down? ESPN being a partner is not a coincidence.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Hey has anyone had any luck with DL play? I thought I'd have figured it out by now but no dice. I don't get much of any pressure myself, but I can scheme the rest of my DL into getting penetration. It's frustrating moreso against the run than anything else. I have a tough time shedding blocks even from scrubs.

Wellington said:
Hey has anyone had any luck with DL play? I thought I'd have figured it out by now but no dice. I don't get much of any pressure myself, but I can scheme the rest of my DL into getting penetration. It's frustrating moreso against the run than anything else. I have a tough time shedding blocks even from scrubs.

Gotta get used to the stick and what works on what type of approaches. I can apply pressure real good with Langford/Solai against scrubs, but I've had games where I couldn't really do a thing.

Are servers up? Any1 want to play?

i'm logging in now if anyone wants to play

as far as D-line play, i've had some success with justin smith. mostly using the bullrush and i've just knocked the lineman down. doesn't happen often though

Ramirez

lol, Crow were you mad about something I did in our game? Didn't really understand the punt formation on D that one time...

LJ11

Not sure if it was a one time thing, but the game felt much better online. Small sample size, but hopefully it stays this way.

TheCrow

Ramirez said:
lol, Crow were you mad about something I did in our game? Didn't really understand the punt formation on D that one time...
haha wasn't mad just stopped play on defense and wanted to pick plays quickly. Once I feel I've lost I just care about trying out offense plays. but I was frustrated that I picked the wrong playbooks. :(

not sure if EA stealth fixed some stuff online but my game against crow was smooth throughout and it's no longer taking a "X games played!" deduction at the end.

gg crow. it was pretty close until the turnovers blew it open! kyle orton should fetch you something pretty decent

TheCrow

FrenchMovieTheme said:
not sure if EA stealth fixed some stuff online but my game against crow was smooth throughout and it's no longer taking a "X games played!" deduction at the end.

gg crow. it was pretty close until the turnovers blew it open! kyle orton should fetch you something pretty decent
My offensive line was horrible after my first drive but the Texans playbook is better then what I've been using. But the Multiple defense book is horrible. Only one 4-3 formation.

LukeSmith

TheCrow said:
My offensive line was horrible after my first drive but the Texans playbook is better then what I've been using. But the Multiple defense book is horrible. Only one 4-3 formation.

people seeing the light on texans playbook!

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:

I didn't pay attention to the deduction stuff, but my second game against Ram was the same old shit. Really choppy.

GG Ram, I have to play a perfect game against that squad.

Ramirez

LJ11 said:
I didn't pay attention to the deduction stuff, but my second game against Ram was the same old shit. Really choppy.

GG Ram, I have to play a perfect game against that squad.

You're the only person I get choppy games with, weird.

I looked like freaking Joe Montana on that first drive, and then went dead silent the rest of the game. :|

Gonna be lame when half the league is using the same playbook. :p

LJ11

FrenchMovieTheme said:
steelers ain't shit!

Give me your linebackers.

Ramirez said:
You're the only person I get choppy games with, weird.

I looked like freaking Joe Montana on that first drive, and then went dead silent the rest of the game. :|

Gonna be lame when half the league is using the same playbook. :p

I'm going to try my other 360 tomorrow, newer one. Maybe it's my system, only reason I haven't tried it yet is because I would have to reinstall it.

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
steelers ain't shit!

I gifted you your win with that last INT! Young, single, fatherless Ram would have never hit the wrong button on a passing play, shameful.

Anyone want a game before I go to bed?

Top Bottom