• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Birdman02

LukeSmith said:
people seeing the light on texans playbook!

I'm 2-0 since I started using it.

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
GG Birdman, used my own screen against me!

GG man. I was so pissed after that screen pass.... I read the play early enough, but I got stuck on a block.

It felt like my receivers (all but Colston) were dropping balls like crazy. I know I had at least 3, and Brees was 13-18. That was probably my best passing game with him so far. Everything felt like it was right on the money.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
TheCrow said:
Texans playbook is old news.

GG smokey. I think I went 1-5 today before our game. Kyle Orton is so much better than Tebow.

Did you beat Smokey too?

Man everyone is getting in on that action

Smokey

TheCrow said:
Texans playbook is old news.

GG smokey. I think I went 1-5 today before our game. Kyle Orton is so much better than Tebow.

Good game. You used Tebow in our first game right? Or am I just thinking of a time when you used him in a package?

LJ11 said:
Give me your linebackers.

I'm going to try my other 360 tomorrow, newer one. Maybe it's my system, only reason I haven't tried it yet is because I would have to reinstall it.

i'll trade you patrick willis for the ghost of jim kelly and steve tasker!

could you imagine the saltiness if the bills K-gun team was around today in madden?

p.s. if any of you studs are around and want to play i'll be online!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'll trade you patrick willis for the ghost of jim kelly and steve tasker!

could you imagine the saltiness if the bills K-gun team was around today in madden?

p.s. if any of you studs are around and want to play i'll be online!

I'll play you.

TheCrow

Smokey said:
Good game. You used Tebow in our first game right? Or am I just thinking of a time when you used him in a package?
Yeah, I've been using Tebow for most of my games but no more! Tim Tebow can not sell a play action at all. Tebow was only good at scrambling but I can get yards with Orton.

gg ramirez. i think you have thrown 10 picks in 2 games against the niners. your lb's killed my run game this time though. thankfully kap had 1 good drive.... the first drive of the game!

Ramirez

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg ramirez. i think you have thrown 10 picks in 2 games against the niners. your lb's killed my run game this time though. thankfully kap had 1 good drive.... the first drive of the game!

lol, I stopped caring after about the 3rd or 4th one. That last one I threw where your LB had rocket boots on made me want to puke.

INTs aside, the game was over when I got the holding call on me on my first drive, killed my momentum, led to the pick 6 and pretty much put me in catch up mode the entire game resulting in a gargantuan amount of picks.

Some of those were bad throws, but others shouldn't have been picks at all. I get so sick of seeing WRs wide open, you throw it in anticipation of where the route is going, and instead the QB throws a laser right where the defender is standing, annoying to say the least.

DCX

DCX
Owners looking for LB and DE help hit me up. Mike Peterson LOLB 82 rated and Kroy Bierman DE 77 rated are on the block.

Draft picks are welcomed and willing to listen to all offers. Looking for a RG.75+

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Speaking of playbooks, I find it kind of cool that they incorporated the Perry Fewell wrinkles. They have three sub packages that move the extra S around like last year. Nice touch on their part. They don't have any QB spy plays tho, which I found out last night as Crow tore me apart with Tebow.

That said, the Giants offensive PB is decent. My main beef is that they don't have enough running options out of the off-set I formations.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Speaking of playbooks, I find it kind of cool that they incorporated the Perry Fewell wrinkles. They have three sub packages that move the extra S around like last year. Nice touch on their part. They don't have any QB spy plays tho, which I found out last night as Crow tore me apart with Tebow.

That said, the Giants offensive PB is decent. My main beef is that they don't have enough running options out of the off-set I formations.
This is where custom playbooks would be awesome. They should take it a step further and allow us to actually create plays.

DCX

daw840

GG Crow. That game I my side was complete trash. I don't know if it was the snow, but I turned the ball over like 10 fucking times.

TheCrow

daw840 said:
Fuck you Crow. Fuck you straight to hell!!!!! Your fucking bullshit LB interceptions are MADDENING.
At least I don't use assists, all natural. GG

daw840 said:
GG Crow. That game I my side was complete trash. I don't know if it was the snow, but I turned the ball over like 10 fucking times.
Orton was fumbling like crazy too. The wind also made me miss a few field goals.

DCX

DCX
TheCrow said:
At least I don't use assists, all natural. GG

Orton was fumbling like crazy too. The wind also made me miss a few field goals.
lol who uses assists? There seems to be a lot of distaste for the whole assist thing and a lot of people not singling out these assist people. I want names people!!

DCX

gg drizz. had another couple early user picks. i'm getting the hang of manual D a bit more. i will say though that marshall is almost unstoppable. thank god the dolphins didn't get drew brees in 2006!

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg drizz. had another couple early user picks. i'm getting the hang of manual D a bit more. i will say though that marshall is almost unstoppable. thank god the dolphins didn't get drew brees in 2006!

GG. Losing Bush in the first didn't help either. Larry Johnson just isn't what he used to be. Felt like the game was picking on me after the overturned fumble just for me to fumble it again a play or two later. My fault though, used to NCAA where covering the ball up isn't as necessary. I've been getting a bunch of safeties lately. Like 5 in my last 4 games. Fields + this D is beastly

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
lol who uses assists? There seems to be a lot of distaste for the whole assist thing and a lot of people not singling out these assist people. I want names people!!

DCX
What do you mean by assist? In our game you had the cursor over the CB covering Nicks making it seem like you were user controlling him but it was clear you were just letting the game rock and then trying to make a play if you could. I ran play actions, combo routes, options, etc and you were still there.

Did you learn in 3 days how to play CB better than Fifty?

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
What do you mean by assist? In our game you had the cursor over the CB covering Nicks making it seem like you were user controlling him but it was clear you were just letting the game rock and then trying to make a play if you could. I ran play actions, combo routes, options, etc and you were still there.

Did you learn in 3 days how to play CB better than Fifty?
I got burned many times friend playing cb but thanks for the shout out ;)

Plus I have been playing cb all throughout our NCAA so yes three days I learns to let the CPU play for me thx

DCX

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
GG. Losing Bush in the first didn't help either. Larry Johnson just isn't what he used to be. Felt like the game was picking on me after the overturned fumble just for me to fumble it again a play or two later. My fault though, used to NCAA where covering the ball up isn't as necessary. I've been getting a bunch of safeties lately. Like 5 in my last 4 games. Fields + this D is beastly

yeah your d-line was pushing me around. had to go to a short, quick passing game early as opposed to running :/

daw840

So I started a off-line be an NFL superstar and chose Blaine Gabbert. Only 5 games in and I already accumulated enough points to make him a 99 in all three accuracy categories. Seems a little too easy.

DMczaf

Maddmont Lamont
@DerekJAdams roster update has no contracts for free agents...why?
2 Sep

@DerekJAdams
Derek Adams
@Maddmont because they are ... Free Agents? Free agent's do not have contracts
2 Sep via Echofon

Maddmont Lamont
@
@DerekJAdams So we will need to wait until free agent bidding is active to assign contracts??? Will players already signed not have contract
2 Sep

homer-facepalm.jpg

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm not understanding. obviously free agents don't have contracts.... what is the guy complaining about?

That's the facepalm. Dude doesn't know how free agency works.

"So if I sign them, do they get contracts?!"

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:

Actually free agents offline in franchise have a parameter to the type of deal they want so numbers show up. Maybe he was talking about that.

DCX

Can HDMI cables die? My picture is gone. Been trying to fix it since that last post of mine. My xbox and comcast are hooked up to the bose while my gamecube his connected directly to the tv. I get no picture or audio on the comcast now and no picture on the xbox. I switched it all to a dif hdmi input too and got the same results. The gamecube works fine on it's own input. Can't figure it out.

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Can HDMI cables die? My picture is gone. Been trying to fix it since that last post of mine. My xbox and comcast are hooked up to the bose while my gamecube his connected directly to the tv. I get no picture or audio on the comcast now and no picture on the xbox. I switched it all to a dif hdmi input too and got the same results. The gamecube works fine on it's own input. Can't figure it out.

i have another (older) TV that i use HDMI on. they are cables i got from monoprice and when i moved the tv and re-plugged everything in, the HDMI picture wouldn't come up anymore. i had gotten these cables in 2006 and so i just bought a new cheapy HDMI off amazon for a couple bucks and it fixed the problem. not sure if it will fix your problem though.

also, gg livewire. you need to work on your redzone offense. 3 trips inside the 10, 0 points!

LiveWire

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, gg livewire. you need to work on your redzone offense. 3 trips inside the 10, 0 points!

gg. I wasn't worried about the redzone offense as much as I was about guys having beaten the secondary and being open and not getting the ball. Very hard to run with this O-line as well.

LiveWire said:
gg. I wasn't worried about the redzone offense as much as I was about guys having beaten the secondary and being open and not getting the ball. Very hard to run with this O-line as well.

yeah, it is going to be a struggle for those of us with average or below average qb's :(

and how would you know if it is very hard to run? you ran the ball 4 times all game! in any game i've played so far this year where people continually throw, they end up losing or getting blown out (whether it's me throwing a lot or my opponent). i mean you're going to get yards here and there if you throw 40 times but you're probably going to lose. it's like playing blackjack in vegas, eventually the house always wins in the end even if you won some of the individual matches. the house is pass defense!

LiveWire

I've run enough with Hightower and this OL to know when it's not going to work. Keeping a defense honest is one thing, getting put into 2nd and 12, 3rd and 13 cause your OL blows is another. :/

LiveWire said:
I've run enough with Hightower and this OL to know when it's not going to work. Keeping a defense honest is one thing, getting put into 2nd and 12, 3rd and 13 cause your OL blows is another. :/

i will trade you kendall hunter for a first round pick

Rorschach

LJ: try uninstalling. Seemed to work for me. :\

DMczaf said:

In offline franchise, they have preset contracts when you sign them. You usually can't sign them for any less than whatever they want upfront. Since FA bidding isn't active on the site, he was wondering if he had to wait until the feature is available to sign FAs.

LukeSmith said:
game anyone?

lets roll, i'm headed on now.

if luke already has a game going, i'll be waiting for whichever one of you is man enough to face future pro bowler colin kapernick (future pro bowler in madden i mean, he is horrible in real life)

Top Bottom