• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Rorschach

I scrambled a couple times against Ram. :/ His DBs were manhandling my guys at the line, then everyone was covered... but there lay 13 yards of open field begging for slow as Schaub to take it as the pass rush was getting to me. Think it was 2 runs for 23 yards lol

I'd rather not ever have to run against anyone with Schaub, but especially the Steelers.

Rorschach

Guys don't bounce off him anymore? That's pretty neat.

[edit] If you're worried about fumbles, the Steelers are now the ones salivating...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Guys don't bounce off him anymore? That's pretty neat.

[edit] If you're worried about fumbles, the Steelers are now the ones salivating...

That was McNabb. He would stiffarm guys to the ground in the pocket.

And every game i play is like playing against the steelers. im adjusting.

GCQuinton

gg last night Bob. Aside from a few big plays from Brooks, our defense did a pretty damn good job all game shutting everyone else down. Too bad our offense forgot to show up and the turnovers just put the nail in the coffin. That definitely can't happen again.

eznark

Banned
4 in a row, feels good. Next up is Crow -_-. gold, please destroy Noel Devine like you did Antonio Gates. kthx.

I meant to ask: did you consider the hurry up offense with 5 wide to be cheesing? I was doing it mostly because I wanted to score fast since my defense was shutting you down and I thought I could keep getting the ball back and moving it...instead interceptions! But it did feel a little "cheesy." I wasn't running the same play ever, but I was doing hurry up. I know you didn't complain, but I don't want people to get all pissy over it in the future.

Also...why did I play Nightz again? Is Madden really such a fucktarded game that every season has the same schedule? My guess, I haven't look so maybe some crazy scheduling shit happened, is that the Packers don't actually play the AFC West again next year.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I meant to ask: did you consider the hurry up offense with 5 wide to be cheesing? I was doing it mostly because I wanted to score fast since my defense was shutting you down and I thought I could keep getting the ball back and moving it...instead interceptions! But it did feel a little "cheesy." I wasn't running the same play ever, but I was doing hurry up. I know you didn't complain, but I don't want people to get all pissy over it in the future.

Also...why did I play Nightz again? Is Madden really such a fucktarded game that every season has the same schedule? My guess, I haven't look so maybe some crazy scheduling shit happened, is that the Packers don't actually play the AFC West again next year.

For some batshit insane reason, the schedule in the online franchises repeats regarding the divisions you play in the second season. It's supposed to be fixed in season 3. Would've been nice not to have to play Luke, Smokey, and FMT again.

Shit, between me and Ram I think we have the two hardest schedules in the league. Each other twice, improving Striker twice, Trasher who is a baller twice, Luke, Smokey, FMT, he gets Rors, I get Crow. wtf

eznark

Banned
For some batshit insane reason, the schedule in the online franchises repeats regarding the divisions you play in the second season. It's supposed to be fixed in season 3. Would've been nice not to have to play Luke, Smokey, and FMT again.

Shit, between me and Ram I think we have the two hardest schedules in the league. Each other twice, improving Striker twice, Trasher who is a baller twice, Luke, Smokey, FMT, he gets Rors, I get Crow. wtf

1. That's fucking weird. They paid literally zero attention to online franchise.
2. I'm ashamed it took me this long to notice

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
well they did touch it a bit, roster limit was changed and new draft classes.

my remaining schedule is indy twice, atlanta, baltimore, jax, and then my last 5 weeks are:

houston
cleveland
indy
pitt
tampa

o defense where are thou

Smokey

How do you guys think I feel having to play MaddenGod every damn year in this game? Was in his division so 2x there. Then left yet the Texans/Raiders love to play each other every year. Then this year played once in regular season then playoffs, and once more in season 2. Essentially I've been playing MG as if I never left the AFC West.

What the shit. EA must know Ima hater and force this pain upon me.

eznark

Banned
This sounds dirty and disgusting.

m480132a_BloodBowl_2_370x278.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
When is good for you Smokey? I am ready to take the beating of a lifetime.

WTF 4 sacks for Mathis against Ram? Why can't you allow Dunlap those numbers?

Nightz

No I didn't mind it at all. You have the Packers offense and were playing from behind the whole game so I saw nothing cheesy about it.

On another note, Mario Kart bros, we need to race!

Smokey

When is good for you Smokey? I am ready to take the beating of a lifetime.

WTF 4 sacks for Mathis against Ram? Why can't you allow Dunlap those numbers?

Maybe tonight. Beating of a lifetime lol.

No I didn't mind it at all. You have the Packers offense and were playing from behind the whole game so I saw nothing cheesy about it.

This 3DS talk is making me sick. Nintendo is dead to me! Bob started this mess in here smh. I am not yet convinced, and I feel Nintendo has forever or almost forever ruined the industry.

eznark

Banned

Cool.

I have Mario Kart sitting in my office. Unfortunately my 3DS is wrapped up under a tree in Milwaukee! I almost bought a 3DS yesterday just so I could play it then returning the one from Santa.

Mrbob

You can't stop Mardy Gilyard. You can hope to contain him!

I see Rors is going after the coveted TE cheese title this year. Massive lead in receptions and yards, going to be tough to catch. :/

Less clutch though with not as many TDs!

DCX

DCX
Who is Mardy Gilyard and why is it that a guy with such mediocre attributes leads the league in receiving!?
He was the star WR at the university of Cincinnati. He had superstar attributes in NCAA.

He prolly is neglected on some passing plays and benefited from it.

There is always one not like other in recieving every season, its his turn :/

DCX

mik

mik is unbeatable
Gilyard is usually in the slot and my team hates to cover the slot receiver. I think he probably got most his yards in our two games. :\

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Wait...Luke and Ram ended in a tie?

they had a disconnect and Ramirez was given the option to "quit and accept result" or something. Didn't realize what it meant.

None of this explains why he is apparently awesome in Madden.

If I may offer the humble opinion of an 0-6 scrub, he reminds me of Ruben Barter from the first draft in Madden 10, he was the ultimate slot receiver, although faster than this guy, but these keys stats would still do it for me:

95 AGI (Agility)
95 ACC (Acceleration)
95 ELU (Elusiveness)
96 SPM (Spin Move)
97 JKM (Juke Move)
79 CTH (Catching)
75 CIT (Catch in Traffic)
76 SPC (Spectacular Catch)

Mrbob

gg last night Bob. Aside from a few big plays from Brooks, our defense did a pretty damn good job all game shutting everyone else down. Too bad our offense forgot to show up and the turnovers just put the nail in the coffin. That definitely can't happen again.

Yeah those turnovers helped me out. Fairley is a monster DT. He was giving Nicks fits. You might have noticed, but I started running away from Fairley in the second half instead of at him. I couldn't get anything going running his way. Fairley even busted up a wide open TD pass I had to Brooks. I just needed a half more second as Cutler got hit when he threw the ball and it went to the ground. Fairley rushed to Cutler almost right away. What a beast.

Top Bottom