• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

mik

mik is unbeatable
Doh! Sorry, I missed that the first time you posted. I won't be home from work until around 7 or 7:30 central. But I can play pretty much any time after that.

DCX

DCX
Yeah those turnovers helped me out. Fairley is a monster DT. He was giving Nicks fits. You might have noticed, but I started running away from Fairley in the second half instead of at him. I couldn't get anything going running his way. Fairley even busted up a wide open TD pass I had to Brooks. I just needed a half more second as Cutler got hit when he threw the ball and it went to the ground. Fairley rushed to Cutler almost right away. What a beast.
One of the better trade of the franchise

Mrbob

Ramirez, pay the man!

He must have had stats jump big over the off season. I remember playing Fairley with the Lions, and he was good but I don't remember him busting down my olline so quickly. Of course everyone busted down my oline quickly last year so maybe I just missed it!

daw840

Doh! Sorry, I missed that the first time you posted. I won't be home from work until around 7 or 7:30 central. But I can play pretty much any time after that.

That should work. Will need to start right around then though, can't wait too much later. ;)

DCX

DCX
The best trade of the Franchise is Ramirez trading me his first round pick in the next draft for the loss he avoided last night.
Not so much of a trade than a penalty. Unless you traded him a tie for a first rounder.

If so you got a steal.

DCX

DCX
Ramirez, pay the man!

He must have had stats jump big over the off season. I remember playing Fairley with the Lions, and he was good but I don't remember him busting down my olline so quickly. Of course everyone busted down my oline quickly last year so maybe I just missed it!
I wanna say he was a 78-80. Progressed to a 88. One of the bigger jumps In the franchise

BigAT -- can't play tonight, going out with the GF... Unless it's early, like 4:30pm EST - 5:30PM EST. I have to leave the house at 6:30 at the latest.

Deangelo Williams for a 4th rounder absolutely saved my season last year. DWilliams is the reason I got to the playoffs. He's ridiculously sure handed.

He got hurt in Game 1 of this season, and while I managed to pull off a win, I think I had 4 fumbles, 1 fumble lost with Ryan Williams, his backup.

GCQuinton

Had to go back to my PMs and look that up, but yeah he was a 77 before progression (when the trade was made in the last stretch of the regular season) and jumped to an 88. I pretty much play DT exclusively, so having a good one is crucial for me. I played the Lions last season with him and don't remember goldlion using him that much, but yeah, as soon as I knew he was available I went after him.

Deangelo Williams for a 4th rounder absolutely saved my season last year. DWilliams is the reason I got to the playoffs. He's ridiculously sure handed.

He got hurt in Game 1 of this season, and while I managed to pull off a win, I think I had 4 fumbles, 1 fumble lost with Ryan Williams, his backup.

On our side of that, getting Richard Marshall back in a Panthers uniform was big for our secondary. And that fourth round pick, Brennan Hamilton, is likely gonna be my main KR/PR soon so it looks like it worked out for both sides. Aside from maybe SS, I'm happy with my whole defense now for the most part.

LiveWire

i wouldn't say he RELIES on it. he doesn't snap the ball and take off. but the problem with vick is that if you give him some room, and say you're playing man with no spy, he's not going to chance throwing into coverage when he can get 20-30 yards extremely easily. i'll give you some free advice now: a spy on every play.

You don't need a spy on every play to beat Vick. You need pressure. Give him the open passing lanes and try to force the bad throw. You're not going to shut Vick down all game anyway. You just need to minimize the damage.

But LOL @ not being able to stop Peyton Manning from scrambling with all-universe LBs.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
You don't need a spy on every play to beat Vick. You need pressure. Give him the open passing lanes and try to force the bad throw. You're not going to shut Vick down all game anyway. You just need to minimize the damage.

But LOL @ not being able to stop Peyton Manning from scrambling with all-universe LBs.

I dont think your qualified to say how to beat Vick since you've never done it. You beat McNabb once and VY once.

LiveWire

I dont think your qualified to say how to beat Vick since you've never done it. You beat McNabb once and VY once.

Um. I beat him, because I knocked his ass out since you went to the well one too many times. Keep crying the bitter tears though, they still taste delicious.

CB3

Um. I beat him, because I knocked his ass out since you went to the well one too many times. Keep crying the bitter tears though, they still taste delicious.

The bitter tears of what, exactly? You must have missed me do as well with VY in the playoffs.

The bitter tears of 2 losses in about 30 attemps? Keep trying.

LiveWire

With Vick in the playoffs, who knows, it may have been your year to win the SB. With VY you definitely had no chance. I understand your frustration. I'd be frustrated too if I had an easy button taken away from me.

CB3

With Vick in the playoffs, who knows, it may have been your year to win the SB. With VY you definitely had no chance. I understand your frustration. I'd be frustrated too if I had an easy button taken away from me.

Unlike you i can manage with a bad QB. I dont use it as an excuse to fall back on my failures. VY wasnt the issue. Infact i came away from that playoff series knowing i could hang when the next Vick injury occurred.

LiveWire

Unlike you i can manage with a bad QB. I dont use it as an excuse to fall back on my failures. VY wasnt the issue. Infact i came away from that playoff series knowing i could hang when the next Vick injury occurred.

No, you could just fall back on LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Nnamdi Asomugha, or any of the 48 other overrated Madden Eagles players.

CB3

No, you could just fall back on LeSean McCoy, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson, Nnamdi Asomugha, or any of the 48 other overrated Madden Eagles players.

You could build up a decent team if you wanted to. Instead you throw insane amounts of money at Dunta Robinson and continue to be completely inept and irrelevant at anything to do with Madden.

Atleast you still have Orakpo. Your trump card to rob the only GM worse than you.

DCX

DCX
The best thing about CB and his Eagle teams is he always has a stud rookie fall in his lap round after round.

Making his "overated" players expendable to a trade or two that makes him even more unstoppable :(

BigAT

I assume you is on your phone. When can you rumble today!?!?

For Cincinnati Bearcats receiver who flourished under Brian Kelly's system in college an a reliable QB in Tony Pike.

My favorite part of that video is the highlights against
Rutgers.

Fuck you, I won't be watching that highlight reel.

Gilyard frequently tore it up against Rutgers unfortunately, but I actually like him a bit because he ripped Brian Kelly a new one after he left for Notre Dame. Very honest and candid reaction, it was refreshing.

BigAT -- can't play tonight, going out with the GF... Unless it's early, like 4:30pm EST - 5:30PM EST. I have to leave the house at 6:30 at the latest.

Is this some sort of sick joke? You beat me already, STOP RUBBING IT IN!

Ramirez

When is good for you Smokey? I am ready to take the beating of a lifetime.

WTF 4 sacks for Mathis against Ram? Why can't you allow Dunlap those numbers?

Luke was pulling some cheddar with his DE's, they were on me in .5 seconds on literally every passing play, completely untouched.

they had a disconnect and Ramirez was given the option to "quit and accept result" or something. Didn't realize what it meant.

I understand what that means. I had my Xbox on that screen for like 30 minutes arguing with people on here accusing me of running nothing but twins, so by the time I got back to the Xbox I was mad and was just trying to get out of the game, not even paying attention. In a way, I see it as karma for Luke making stuff up and starting drama in the first place.

I swear you guys can't be this stupid, the whole point is who in the world expects Manning to scramble four times in one drive? #SIMLEAGUE

DCX

DCX
You could build up a decent team if you wanted to. Instead you throw insane amounts of money at Dunta Robinson and continue to be completely inept and irrelevant at anything to do with Madden.

Atleast you still have Orakpo. Your trump card to rob the only GM worse than you.
Orakpo would be nice, but my rookie LB LC Simmons is filling on nicely.

DCX

I know how to defend vick... I beat cb everytime i play him!

LukeSmith

I understand what that means. I had my Xbox on that screen for like 30 minutes arguing with people on here accusing me of running nothing but twins, so by the time I got back to the Xbox I was mad and was just trying to get out of the game, not even paying attention. In a way, I see it as karma for Luke making stuff up and starting drama in the first place.

Yeah, you were mad, see it as karma. The whole "accidental" thing seems less and less plausible!

In a way, I see it as karma for Luke making stuff up and starting drama in the first place.

That's funny, I feel the same way about the draft pick I'm taking from you!

CB3

I swear you guys can't be this stupid, the whole point is who in the world expects Manning to scramble four times in one drive? #SIMLEAGUE

Your making it easier for me to accept your loss of draft picks.

LukeSmith

I'll bench some players for my next game, but I'm not giving up a draft pick for an accident.

I just see motive and intent here as well as smug satisfaction. It's remorseless. Simply sitting players isn't going to cut it

Fucking dashboard update caused this crap too and I can't even see what I have highlighted/selected in this new Dash. Amazing

LiveWire

We'll continue to go around in circles arguing this. Only way to settle it is either to wait until EA rates the real Eagles poorly (likely after AT LEAST 4 or 5 more losing seasons) and see your results then, or you can step up to the challenge I declared earlier and use the Redskins default roster in this league and see if you have the same success as you do the Eagles default roster.

CB3

We'll continue to go around in circles arguing this. Only way to settle it is either to wait until EA rates the real Eagles poorly (likely after AT LEAST 4 or 5 more losing seasons) and see your results then, or you can step up to the challenge I declared earlier and use the Redskins default roster in this league and see if you have the same success as you do the Eagles default roster.

Im not using the redskins to pay for your dumb owners sins. And you act as if your the only player here with a bad team. DM and FMT continue to dominate with mediocre teams. Hell LJ did it with bad Bills teams forever

LiveWire

Im not using the redskins to pay for your dumb owners sins. And you act as if your the only player here with a bad team. DM and FMT continue to dominate with mediocre teams. Hell LJ did it with bad Bills teams forever

Exactly my point. They are good players. You excel only because of your roster, year in and year out.

I've beaten LJ's Bills with the Rams and the Skins, btw, and lifetime against him I was 4-2. What's your record against LJ, oh elite one?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
the dash update went live for me around midnight, is that when your game disconnect was? don't punish ram for this shit...

Ramirez

I just see motive and intent here as well as smug satisfaction. It's remorseless. Simply sitting players isn't going to cut it

Fucking dashboard update caused this crap too and I can't even see what I have highlighted/selected in this new Dash. Amazing

Well it's a shame I don't care what "cuts it" for you.

It's funny to me that you threw a hissy fit on Balb last season and quit for running the same few plays, when your final drive consisted of the same 2 money running plays. Your entire offense consists of running the same 2 formations all game, yet twins is cheese. It's not like I'm the first to call out your 2 WR 2 TE set where you motion your TEs.

Take away my draft pick, and I'm out. I said it was an accident, I would like to think you all could take my word over a freaking videogame.

CB3

Exactly my point. They are good players. You excel only because of your roster, year in and year out.

I've beaten LJ's Bills with the Rams and the Skins, btw, and lifetime against him I was 4-2. What's your record against LJ, oh elite one?

I i still made the playoffs in the Reggie Brown/Kevin Curtis/LJ Smith era. dont you worry . ill always be there

DCX

DCX
the dash update went live for me around midnight, is that when your game disconnect was? don't punish ram for this shit...
We don't blame RAM for the disconnect, what is debatable is the fact he accepted the result ( innocent or not ) it leaves two AFC teams vying for playoff spots in shitty situations.

The aftermath and use of "karma" makes it look worse.

DCX

CB3

Yeah i could kinda see accidently picking something in the menu if it pops up quick and your mashing A or whatever. His attitude after was bad. As much as i hate losing id feel even worse if the guy who beat me got robbed of a win too.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
you guys think Ram did it on purpose? He said he didn't mean to. Is there a reason for the mistrust?

Punish me too, I did the same thing to Bluemax as the Ravens. For some reason he believed me though...

Smokey

Some good stuff today:

1. Ram Ram mad that Old Pey scrambled on him despite having an all-world defense.
2. Ram Ram accepts the result of the game when Luke disconnects. Surely knowing that Luke was about to kick the game winning FG would let you know that he didn't disconnect on purpose. So why accept the results and not throw them out? Unless that wasn't an option...
3. Luke and Ram Ram both accuse each other of being cheeseheads. Who is right and who is wrong?! Ahh if only there was some way we could've watched the game...
4. Luke demands to be compensated by a draft pick. Ram threatens to quit, but Luke is a Madden Overlord. I'm thinking the Steelers might have a new owner!

Ram - You do use Twins a lot. It's been well documented. Drizzle toss tosses, you Twin it up, and I "moonwalk" to the high heavens. Accept and embrace it!

Top Bottom