• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LukeSmith

Well it's a shame I don't care what "cuts it" for you.

It's funny to me that you threw a hissy fit on Balb last season and quit for running the same few plays, when your final drive consisted of the same 2 money running plays. Your entire offense consists of running the same 2 formations all game, yet twins is cheese. It's not like I'm the first to call out your 2 WR 2 TE set where you motion your TEs.

Take away my draft pick, and I'm out. I said it was an accident, I would like to think you all could take my word over a freaking videogame.

Like I said to you last night, there's nothing "money" about a dive/slash where you fill the middle and I cut back to the void your user left. You got completely outplayed on that final drive and in classic Ramirez post-loss form you're melting down.

First it's can't stop Peyton scrambling (5 rushes 19 yards, TD)
Then it's "Can't cover your TEs" (4 catches total across both of them)
Now it's "can't stop you running out of 3 wide"

Five minutes to go, you just tied the game and sat in 2-4-5 like I wasn't going to do anything other than bleed the clock and not give you the ball back.

Like you said online last night "I have to play the pass against you every play and then you run" - imagine that.

Your ego prevented you from letting the computer do its job and I abused your mistakes.

I still love you almost as much as I do Trasher, and I think you're a good guy, but your karma comment really plunges your "accidental" argument into question. You're remorseless, unapologetic and you got beat and escaped with a tie.

bluemax

Banned
you guys think Ram did it on purpose? He said he didn't mean to. Is there a reason for the mistrust?

Punish me too, I did the same thing to Bluemax as the Ravens. For some reason he believed me though...

I think I'd already been disconnected trying to play you a couple of times and given the game situation I didn't really expect to win. I would've liked to run that 4th down play because I think I would've scored the TD but I know I wasn't stopping your offense and so I was gonna lose either way.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
t9yzas.gif

LukeSmith

To be clear, I don't actually think a first round pick is fair compensation - that could be pretty steep. Even though it'll just be like the 30 or 31st pick

The only thing I really care about is the Win and that's gone.

4 game suspension for Big Ben is fine

Smokey

We should be called the Dark Brotherhood and the culprit should be assassinated.

Yeah I've been playing Skyrim too much.

As a self-invited honorary member of the Dark Brotherhood Shadow Assassin's of MaddenGAF, I believe Ram Ram should indeed pay Luke a first round draft pick for his ways. AFC is already competitive as it is, and the action from yesterdays game could and probably will have some ramifications down the line. Something must be done to set this right!

Edit: 4 game Big Ben suspension? Dems a lot of games.

CB3 said:
Assassins/Templars?

Is AC: R any good? I got AC2 on PC in steam sale and I played a bit of it on 360. I like the premise but wonder if it's worth it to try and go through the series. I have the attention span of a duck. I saw you playing it the other day. You're such a gamer!

CB3

Got it on the cheap from black friday. It falls in line with most of the AC games. Decent enough game and kinda cool story. And it gives you alot to do so there is decent value. The multiplayer is unique as well. If you enjoy AC2 its worth going through the rest of em. If you dont, the basic gameplay isnt gonna differ too much

Mrbob

I haven't played the ASS CREED games (own first two on steam), but this is what I've heard:

Ass Creed - Decent but flawed

Ass Creed 2 - Fixes all the problems of the original, great game. Some recommend to start here

Ass Creed Bro - Takes all the fixes from 2 and adds another level of polish to make it the best Ass Creed game

Ass Creed Rev - Decent, but some issues. Not as good as 2 or Bro

If you haven't started them yet, wait for a Steam sale. Once Bro is under 10 bucks I'll pick it up. Same thing with Rev.

DCX

DCX
To be clear, I don't actually think a first round pick is fair compensation - that could be pretty steep. Even though it'll just be like the 30 or 31st pick

The only thing I really care about is the Win and that's gone.

4 game suspension for Big Ben is fine
Damn..four games? One game benching for cheese. He might as well cheesed got the win and the lesser sentence.

DCX

CB3

I haven't played the ASS CREED games (own first two on steam), but this is what I've heard:

Ass Creed - Decent but flawed

Ass Creed 2 - Fixes all the problems of the original, great game. Some recommend to start here

Ass Creed Bro - Takes all the fixes from 2 and adds another level of polish to make it the best Ass Creed game

Ass Creed Rev - Decent, but some issues. Not as good as 2 or Bro

If you haven't started them yet, wait for a Steam sale. Once Bro is under 10 bucks I'll pick it up. Same thing with Rev.

thats a fair assesment. although the first game was pretty meh. you can start at 2 and just wiki what happened in the first

DCX

DCX
I got raped of a win in the bathroom :(
Yea losing a game that was in the bag sucks. Idk..maybe one game for Ben, one for Mend and one for Wallace. Not the same game and you pick which games :)

How do I not secure a seat at the Round Table :(

DCX

LiveWire

After reading those comments I am definitely waiting on Brotherhood/Revelations to go sub $20. Fucking Ubisoft ruining a good new IP. Just fucking move on to AC3 already you greedy fucks.

CB3

Usually i pick them up when they get in the 20-30 range. its a series i enjoy but i dont feel like i have to play right away

eznark

Banned
My journey with AssCreed:

Ass Creed - Awesome premise, awful execution

Ass Creed 2 - Premise a bit back-seated, much better game play

Ass Creed Bro - Hey guys, remember the fucking premise? No? Didn't think so.

Ass Creed Rev - Go fuck yourselves, I'll read the wiki

advertisement.jpg

I hope in the 720 UI Microsoft finds a place to fit advertisements. In the current iteration I can still see useful things on the landing page. This needs to stop. I don't pay $60 a year so that I can have a friendly user experience. I pay $60 so that Microsoft can whore out my attention.

CB3

how is teaching people how to use cloud saves an ad?

AND you bought 2k12 so your the real sucker here.

Ramirez

Ram - You do use Twins a lot. It's been well documented. Drizzle toss tosses, you Twin it up, and I "moonwalk" to the high heavens. Accept and embrace it!

Well, I already said to pick me a playbook that doesn't have twins. The Steelers playbook has a lot of twins/bunch, I'm only playing with what I have.

Done arguing about the game last night, I'm not giving up a draft pick, and I think 4 games is a little steep for my QB.

Was Luke punished at all last season for his QB Sneak? No. Might have been one thing to get the first with it and slide, but even after realizing how broken it was, he kept running and stiff armed both of my Safeties along the way. I didn't even throw that big of a fit about it, I lost that game by a TD or less. So I don't see how I was any less cheated of a win from that, and absolutely nothing was done about it.

Rorschach

You can't stop Mardy Gilyard. You can hope to contain him!

I see Rors is going after the coveted TE cheese title this year. Massive lead in receptions and yards, going to be tough to catch. :/

Less clutch though with not as many TDs!
To be fair, I inherited some of those Miller grabs, but I'll take the credit! Also, my WRs are all creeping up towards the top! 3 Wrs in the top 20 and 2 of them in top 10. :) He'd have more TDs if it wasn't for my WRs putting in so much YAC. :cool:

That's one thing I learned. I stopped going deep. It's better to just use Schaub's short acc and let the WRs do all the work. Massaquoi only has 86 speed, but his routes are super crisp. Timing routes with him are awesome, so it's easy to shake a defender if you put it at the perfect spot.

I still go deep on occasion, but it's my last read.

Hahah. Ramirez complaining about Pey Pey scrambling with his defensive core is the funniest Madden story I've read this season!

On another note, this might be the greatest form of DRM I've seen for a PC game:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/12/07/serious-sams-drm-is-a-giant-pink-scorpion/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e91q5BtlxK0&feature=youtu.be

Pirate Serious Sam 3 and get attacked by an immortal pink scorpion!
haha the only problem is that it kills enemies. Someone will find a way to exploit that. Just get it to do your dirty work!
We should be called the Dark Brotherhood and the culprit should be assassinated.

Yeah I've been playing Skyrim too much.
I was thinking the same thing!

Rorschach

Jamie Brooks' longest catch is a pedestrian 43 yards. So much for dat speed. :cool:

I get Ford back next week and McFadden the week after. feelsgoodman.

Smokey

Well, I already said to pick me a playbook that doesn't have twins. The Steelers playbook has a lot of twins/bunch, I'm only playing with what I have.

Done arguing about the game last night, I'm not giving up a draft pick, and I think 4 games is a little steep for my QB.

Was Luke punished at all last season for his QB Sneak? No. Might have been one thing to get the first with it and slide, but even after realizing how broken it was, he kept running and stiff armed both of my Safeties along the way. I didn't even throw that big of a fit about it, I lost that game by a TD or less. So I don't see how I was any less cheated of a win from that, and absolutely nothing was done about it.

Justice is not equal in this league. You as a vet should know this #REALTALK

With that being said a multiple game suspension should do it, but it's up to the Shadow Council to decide how long.

LiveWire

Last time I was
falsely
accused of fiddling with game results (in NCAA) my punishment was to have my next game simmed (it was CPU). Who do the Steelers play next? Let their opponent play the CPU Steelers. Although from what Luke and Albatross are sharing, maybe it's better for the opponent to play Ramirez?

LukeSmith

Justice is not equal in this league. You as a vet should know this.

Last season's Manning's QB sneak was lame and I wish it hadn't happened. It's convenient for Ram tho, because he can use it as his excuse for why he lost that game
it wasn't

But, Peyton shaking off Troy P is now the stuff of comedic legend, and it also set up Manning's 5 carries for 19 yards and a TD in yesterday's rematch - which also led to a second, new level of Ramirez-led comedy.

Mrbob

Rors why you gotta troll Brooks? :(

8TDS, red zone clutch! Dat spectacular catch rating!

Also, as part of this mysterious shadow council, with the all the AFC Elite smack talk Ramirez threw my way I think a rest of the season suspension for Rapist is necessary.

TheCrow

How about Ram gives up a conditional draft pick to Luke. His 3rd round pick if Luke does make the playoffs, but it would become his 2nd round pick if Luke does not make the playoffs. It seems to be a more fair alternative than giving up a 1st rounder or sitting out a player for numerous games.

Rorschach

Rors why you gotta troll Brooks? :(
Just sayin'. :cool:

8TDS, red zone clutch! Dat spectacular catch rating!
Now I know who to cover!
Also, as part of this mysterious shadow council, with the all the AFC Elite smack talk Ramirez threw my way I think a rest of the season suspension for Rapist is necessary.
I think Jamie Brooks should be suspended no less than 5 games for underachieving after all that elite TE talk!

Smokey

Last season's Manning's QB sneak was lame and I wish it hadn't happened. It's convenient for Ram tho, because he can use it as his excuse for why he lost that game
it wasn't

But, Peyton shaking off Troy P is now the stuff of comedic legend, and it also set up Manning's 5 carries for 19 yards and a TD in yesterday's rematch - which also led to a second, new level of Ramirez-led comedy.

I did lol at the thought of Pey Pey stiff arming a Steeler defender. I imagine you didn't hike the ball and scramble Vick style? I'm assuming you stood there and then took off when pressure was coming. You've done that to me before and I didn't think anything of it. And besides it's Peyton frickin Manning running. If you can get a hit there's a good chance he will fumble.

TheCrow

I did lol at the thought of Pey Pey stiff arming a Steeler defender. I imagine you didn't hike the ball and scramble Vick style? I'm assuming you stood there and then took off when pressure was coming. You've done that to me before and I didn't think anything of it. And besides it's Peyton frickin Manning running. If you can get a hit there's a good chance he will fumble.
Pretty sure it was the qb sneak glitch. Which ultimately led to it being banned.

LukeSmith

Nah, yesterday was roll right with the zone flood and then limp forward on one, threw a pick on another, and got hit out of bounds I think on another. Took a sack somewhere in there, too.

But on the TD it was 3 wr 1 TE 1 HB check to Quick Slants (on his 4 yard line) and then step forward to score.

Ramirez

How about Ram gives up a conditional draft pick to Luke. His 3rd round pick if Luke does make the playoffs, but it would become his 2nd round pick if Luke does not make the playoffs. It seems to be a more fair alternative than giving up a 1st rounder or sitting out a player for numerous games.

The more I think on it, I don't think I owe him anything, I wasn't repaid for his BS last season. I'll gladly sit Ben for 2 games if it will make him stop crying though.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
he shouldn't give up anything, unless you want to accuse him of doing it on purpose, this is ridiculous.

Ramirez

he shouldn't give up anything, unless you want to accuse him of doing it on purpose, this is ridiculous.

Thank you levious, you've known me less time than all of these guys.

Madden GAF Witch Hunt basically.

I've already said I'll bench my QB for two games, one of those games is against Wellie, so I'm probably looking at 0-2 with Batch, so this helps Luke out in the playoff picture, which is what he's worried about anyways.

If you take my 1st/2nd pick or make me sim a game, I'm done. Simple as that, because by doing so you're implying that I'm lying about doing it accidentally, which is absurd.

CB3

If you take my 1st/2nd pick or make me sim a game, I'm done. Simple as that, because by doing so you're implying that I'm lying about doing it accidentally, which is absurd.

Is that a real threat, or an empty one like when Smokey said he was quitting, then eventually fell in line?

Top Bottom