• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
Everyone on my team is now available, outside of Rodgers, Matthews and my safeties. I was finally playing significantly more competitive but losing Addai and Tramon Williams....eh, I got no fight left for the 2012 season.

(Note, that does not mean I will be tanking, however I am building for the future. Charles Woodson would make a nice addition to any club trying to win a title.....).
Trade deadline is over though!

McNei1y

Im ready to go now.. is the franchise name and stuff in the rules? And how much of the rules do everyone follow actually?

lol all of them - at least from my experience. I haven't had anyone cheese or mess with the rules.

This includes things like:

1) Controlling your receiver
2) Manually blitzing on pass plays
3) nano blitzing
4) Controlling end players on field goal blocks
5) Constant dropping back (I don't know what the Smokey accusations are for... but I've never played him)
6) Rushing back to the line play after play
7) Running only 5-6 plays a game

McNei1y

Can't control the wr while the ball is in the air. After the catch you can.

I know there are still like ~4 games that haven't been played but we play each other next. What's your schedule like for the next few days? If it advances tonight, I don't think I'll be able to play tomorrow. There may be a time in the afternoon but I doubt it (I will post to see if I'm available). After that, I'm pretty much free all day Thursday and Friday.

LukeSmith

lol all of them - at least from my experience. I haven't had anyone cheese or mess with the rules.

This includes things like:

1) Controlling your receiver/manually trying to catch the ball on Offense
2) Manually blitzing a LB [unless he's in a 3 point stance like say a 2-4-5] on pass plays
3) Nano blitzing
4) Controlling end players on field goal blocks
5) Constant dropping back (I don't know what the Smokey accusations are for... but I've never played him)
6) Rushing back to the line play after play
7) Running only 5-6 plays a game

Additionally (and I added some stuff to McNeily's list):
6a) You can run No Huddle for a series or subset of a series, just don't run it the whole game - your guys will get so tired this isn't really even an issue it seems.
8) Moving players pre-play, you can move one, but he has to be controlled when the play starts (unless, as is often the case, a player in coverage is in the wrong spot or not manned up on a player)
9) Check the 4th down rules in the first post.

TheCrow

I know there are still like ~4 games that haven't been played but we play each other next. What's your schedule like for the next few days? If it advances tonight, I don't think I'll be able to play tomorrow. There may be a time in the afternoon but I doubt it (I will post to see if I'm available). After that, I'm pretty much free all day Thursday and Friday.
I can play whenever after 5pm cst. Hopefully my experiment with a new offense doesn't backfire. You beat me last season so I'm going to try something new.

McNei1y

Dropping back with the QB after snapping the ball is not ok, however as an alternative feel free to run left or right with the QB until a WR is open.

Have fun!

6WbH3.gif

I can play whenever after 5pm cst. Hopefully my experiment with a new offense doesn't backfire. You beat me last season so I'm going to try something new.

Sounds good! I don't know. You're 6-2 and I'm 2-6... My team is struggling this year. It should be interesting!

Striker, going to play with my brother in BF3 for a little bit, if you're still around after we're done, we'll play. Otherwise, everyone can whine about it but it'll be tomorrow night!

LukeSmith

Striker, going to play with my brother in BF3 for a little bit, if you're still around after we're done, we'll play. Otherwise, everyone can whine about it but it'll be tomorrow night!

I'll start:
I think that we're inching closer to calling it the Storybook Game of the Week, congrats Bob.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

You pushing the cockiness line with your bobbing!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Has anyone jumped in on the used games sales on Gamefly? Do they come with the retail box or are they in a sleeve? Trying to give my tenants son a game for christmas but why give him one new game when I can give him a bunch.

DCX

DCX
Has anyone jumped in on the used games sales on Gamefly? Do they come with the retail box or are they in a sleeve? Trying to give my tenants son a game for christmas but why give him one new game when I can give him a bunch.

They come in retail boxes often including all materials within the box including online codes. Discs are often brand new. I have purchased a few of them with great success.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker

Go for it. its basically mint condition

Why is that the punt returner will get out of the way of punts inside the 10, but the damn blockers won't?

a big reason i lost to FMT the last time.

i have probably bought 10-15 games from them since they came into existence and everytime i've bought them i got the full box and instructions and the disks have always looked like they were brand new. great deals!

p.s. i bought shadow of the damned tonight for $14.... hopefully it's not garbo!

Go for it. its basically mint condition

a big reason i lost to FMT the last time.

i don't often feel bad when i am the benefit of a holding call or fumble recovery but i did feel shitty after that punt happened to you. who knows if you would have gotten the ball down the field or not if you started on the 20 but the way you were moving the ball late i expect you were at least going to get pretty close and in all likelihood that game was headed for OT

Top Bottom