• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
You still play any league of legends?

Yeah not as much as I used to though.

Don't get me wrong, DotA2 isn't bad per se. I just don't agree with Valve's decision to intentionally use all the broken shit from the original DotA just to appease the DotA crowd.

I've said this before, but DotA2 is the least Valve game Valve has ever put their name on.

Right now it is really only fun to play with friends and voice chat. And even then the lack of a surrender option is just mind bogglingly frustrating.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah not as much as I used to though.

Don't get me wrong, DotA2 isn't bad per se. I just don't agree with Valve's decision to intentionally use all the broken shit from the original DotA just to appease the DotA crowd.

I've said this before, but DotA2 is the least Valve game Valve has ever put their name on.

Right now it is really only fun to play with friends and voice chat. And even then the lack of a surrender option is just mind bogglingly frustrating.

My two troll responses:

Didn't they steal the IP anyway?

-or-

Of course it's the least Valve-like game. It's not an FPS.

bluemax

Banned
My two troll responses:

Didn't they steal the IP anyway?

-or-

Of course it's the least Valve-like game. It's not an FPS.

Well yes there is that. And of course MOBA/DOTA games are inherently the most assholish genre to play.

Visually the game is high quality, easily the best looking game in the genre, but there's so much about it that is just intentionally obtuse that I can't really recommend it to people who have never played a game of this type.

I want to like DotA 2 but Valve makes it so hard :(

That said if anyone has it and wants to play, I'm totally down. My steam name is bluemaxmb. I suck ass at carries but I play a decent Tide Hunter and Earth Shaker.

LukeSmith

Well yes there is that. And of course MOBA/DOTA games are inherently the most assholish genre to play.

Visually the game is high quality, easily the best looking game in the genre, but there's so much about it that is just intentionally obtuse that I can't really recommend it to people who have never played a game of this type.

I want to like DotA 2 but Valve makes it so hard :(

That said if anyone has it and wants to play, I'm totally down. My steam name is bluemaxmb. I suck ass at carries but I play a decent Tide Hunter and Earth Shaker.

I have it and will add you tonight, we usually have a big group of folks on and are often looking for more (mostly play with two full teams of folks we know).

Also, I am 100% advancing the league at 9 pacific unless it's done earlier.

bluemax

Banned
Ryan Kaiser first 4 games: 5 TDs 7 INTs

Ryan Kaiser second 4 games: 9TDs 5 INTs

Improvements!

And his worst game in that second set was against the Redskins where I had 1 TD and 3 INTs but that was like the fourth game I'd played against Livewire that night.

So over my last 3 games I'm at 8 TDs and 2 INTs, that's probably my best stretch in Madden ever.

Tom Brady watch!

Brady currently has 30 INTs in 8 games. He throws 1 INT every 7 pass attempts. He averages about 26.5 pass attempts per game putting him at just under 4 INTs per game. At his current pace he will shatter Dane Morrow's record against the Giants, probably somewhere in the second quarter.

Striker

GG Story.

Horrible passing day, felt two of the picks were Tib's typical moon boots stuff. LB not aware of anything, but suddenly the ball is in the general area and he turns on his jetpack. Hate that shit, but they were all too close for comfort, I guess.

I had no idea what was going on, but on two passes you would throw to a WR that is matched against Sheldon Brown, and Sheldon, despite being in man coverage, is nowhere near him and the intended route. So infuriating, mostly because he's my #2 rated CB. -______-

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I don't want you on the wagon. Please get off thnx

Haine has destroyed your soul

No said pact was made lol. I'm grossed out Bob is sporting that avatar, but I know Bob....

This is one giant troll he's doing. It's pretty obvious.

bluemax

Banned
Week 9 Draft/Playoff Update said:
Cowboys 0 8
Jaguars 0 8
Dolphins 2 6
Packers 2 6
Patriots 2 6
Titans 2 6
Vikings 2 6
Rams 2 6
Chiefs 2 5*
Lions 3 6
Redskins 3 6
Falcons 3 5
Jets 3 5
Ravens 3 5
Saints 3 5
Browns 4 4
Cardinals 4 4
Texans 4 4
Chargers 5 3
49ers 5 3
Eagles 5 3
Panthers 5 3
Seahawks 5 3
Colts 6 1 1
Steelers 6 1 1
Bengals 6 2
Bills 6 2
Broncos 6 2
Raiders 6 2*
Giants 7 2
Buccs 8 0
Bears 8 0

* Has not played week 9 yet
# Ties are sorted alphabetically, the actual draft will use SoS and playoff results.

AFC Division Winners:
Bills, Bengals*, Colts, Broncos

AFC Wild Cards:
Steelers*, Raiders

*These two could reverse, I forget how the standings handles ties. The Bengals were in first place prior to this week.

In the hunt: Browns, Texans, Chargers

Round 1: Steelers vs Raiders, Colts vs Bengals

NFC Division Winners:
Giants, Bears, Buccs, Seahawks*

NFC Wild Cards
Eagles, Panthers

In the Hunt: Cardinals, 49ers*

*I could be wrong on this, but the Seahawks won head to head vs the 49ers so I assume that gives them the tie breaker for now. Seattle has a 2-1 division record and a 5-2 conference record while the 49ers have a 1-1 division record and 2-2 conference record.

Round 1: Giants vs Panthers, Seahawks vs Eagles

Key Week 10 match ups for draft seeding said:
Cowboys @ Jets
Dolphins @ Patriots
Jaguars @ Titans

Key Week 10 match ups for playoffs said:
Bengals @ Steelers
Seahawks @ Cardinals
Eagles @ Bills
Colts @ Texans

Lots of big games in Week 10!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
DarkQberto 36567 Send Message
Online playing Madden NFL 12 - Online Franchise; 3rd qtr.; 7 - 24

Marty McFly doing pretty well

Anyone have some good madden "exercises"? I need to get in the lab and up my game asap. I feel like I'm regressing week to week and im at the point where ima start breaking controllers outta sheer frustration :/

Striker

Man.....either you channeled Rors essence or Madden just had it out for me. A couple of those INTs were complete shit. Crazy jumping LBs intercepting a ball that's targeted 20 yards behind them to a wide open receiver.

GG though.
Sounds like my game. :\

daw840

If the head of the Madden Shadow Council advances this shit right now I can play Nightz. Even though I don't fancy gettin my ass beat twice in a row....lol

Man.....either you channeled Rors essence or Madden just had it out for me. A couple of those INTs were complete shit. Crazy jumping LBs intercepting a ball that's targeted 20 yards behind them to a wide open receiver.

GG though.

I was shocked when the lb jumped to get it. I thought you had a sure td.

LukeSmith

Anyone have some good madden "exercises"? I need to get in the lab and up my game asap. I feel like I'm regressing week to week and im at the point where ima start breaking controllers outta sheer frustration :/

Go into practice mode with your chosen playbook and the multiple D book on the defense and look at different plays you like to run against each of the main coverages (1, 2, 3, 0 and zone blitzes) across different personnel packages (4-6, 3-4, 4-3, nickel, nickel over, dime, and 2-4-5 are the most common).

Once you can identify the tells for a given coverage (eventually you'll know cover 2 within the first second or so of snapping the ball, then you can make sure you start calling plays that attack cover 2. And eventually you'll find plays and routes (or hot routes) where you'll know who is open against a given coverage.

Total bullshit example: You'll call a play with a streak and a post on the left side and know against what coverage the Streak is open and what coverage the post is open. Then you'll start to put a dig underneath it pre-snap and know against what coverage that will be open. Now maybe you have a play that has a man beater as a route, a cover 2 beater as a route and a cover 3 beater as a route. So, once you make the initial read on the coverage ("Oh, it's cover 2, that's the streak to the outside") then you make the right throw

Once you can recognize the coverage, then you'll be able to find the routes to beat it. Then, that's where guys like Wellie have the most fun, because they will start giving you coverages that still cover similar parts of the field but with different personnel (again, totally fake example) but someone could call cover 2, buzz the end into a flat zone and blitz the corner from that side. You've just swapped the DE and the corner's responsibilities and are now bringing a corner blitz in Cover 2, and 4 guys are still rushing and 7 guys are still in coverage.

bluemax

Banned

Mr Bob TE Cheese 101:

Call run formation (2 or less WR, 2 or more TE, 2 or more RB).

Call pass play that has at least one TE running a streak or post.

At LOS read LBer covering TE, if he is crowding LOS then unleash the dragon. If not then fuck it go deep anyhow!

Ramirez

Use the Steeler's Offensive playbook and run Twins, all day, every day. It's the only reason I'm any good!

C'mon, nobody wants a friendly game so I can keep Batch fresh on my mind?!

Top Bottom