• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LukeSmith

Seahawks without LBer Clark Haggans for first half of Rams game.

The league has penalized the Seahawks for improper contract negotiations with the veteran line backer and has determined that he will be required to sit for the first half of the Seahawks next game. Coach Pete Carroll has yet to announce who will take Haggans spot in the starting line up.

FYI: Blue volunteered to sit Haggans, this seems fine to me.

128978622450.jpg

DCX

DCX
Not from me there wouldn't have been. I have no idea how I can have a guy on my roster who doesn't have a contract. I certainly didn't magic him onto my team. He didn't belong there and should have been cut.

You know the best way to handle it though? How bout letting someone know about it before doing it? "Hey dude, you've got an obscure roster issue and we think we should handle it this way. Since we're only 4 games into this week, we have plenty of time to figure it out so lets figure it out"

4 PM's and this is a non-issue. As it is, I'll just cut Morley, since that's what should have logically happened in the first place.
Commish this way ------->

I just followed the order.

DCX

LM isn't perfect and i've seen my available cap space fluctuate even though i haven't made any moves.

just get under the cap, you aren't going to get a cap penalty or anything, just cut some nobodies, problem solved, no one gets hurt!

DCX

DCX
LM isn't perfect and i've seen my available cap space fluctuate even though i haven't made any moves.

just get under the cap, you aren't going to get a cap penalty or anything, just cut some nobodies, problem solved, no one gets hurt!
Now that you say that, Wellie did mention a week ago or someting about his cap changing.

I wish Derek would address some of these things.

DCX

daw840

This sounds reasonable. Honestly I had a few guys on my roster that were low 60s and getting more than a mil a year and I don't think ever even saw the field. I cut them and VOILA. Under the cap.

Birdman02

Excellent. I'll meet you on.

GG man. My team went stupid after we jumped out to a 21-0 lead. Brees got wild, and Ingram fumbled (with his 99 CAR rating). My defense tipped passes to your receivers at least 3 times, and I started thinking Madden was out to get me.

But Brees made a clutch throw on the run right as a defender flew by, and Ingram was able to kill the clock before a GW FG. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take a W however I can.

Also, how did Ponder throw a ball 80 fucking yards right on the money???

McNei1y

GG man. My team went stupid after we jumped out to a 21-0 lead. Brees got wild, and Ingram fumbled (with his 99 CAR rating). My defense tipped passes to your receivers at least 3 times, and I started thinking Madden was out to get me.

But Brees made a clutch throw on the run right as a defender flew by, and Ingram was able to kill the clock before a GW FG. It wasn't pretty, but I'll take a W however I can.

lol I only count 1 tipped pass to Jenkins but yea GG. You outplayed me. If it weren't for those lucky, random plays, that fell into my lap in the first/second quarter (wheneve rI scored 16 unanswered) then this wouldn't even have been a game. As the weeks go by I get less and less disappointed that I went from playoffs to bust but at least the seasons ALMOST over... sorta.

Its obvious what my team desperately needs and with my big (old) guns on contract years, it looks like my team is going to get worse for next year. There's no way I'm signing a collection of EJ Henderson, Kevin Williams, Jared Allen, Seth Hutchinson, and Antoine Winfield.

I had two dumb plays that really pissed me off. One of your first TD's my guys decided to run away from Ingram and allowed him get a 30yd td up the middle. Then later in the game the same thing happened on a run to the left. Abdullah was waiting for him on the edge but nope he just stands still and doesn't bother to make contact even though I'm running in the direction of Ingram.

I don't know how I got some of those bombs on that one drive but Ponder's sophmore year is looking ugly.

Also, how did Ponder throw a ball 80 fucking yards right on the money???

That first bomb was nice. I just chucked it up and Bernard clearly outran the guy but with his shitty catch in traffic rating he drops it (along with 3-4 other catches this game). At least that lucky one with a man on him worked out. lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can't help but laugh at this one. Complete domination by my defense and I give it up by my own hand.

1) Leon Hall AHEAD of the receiver on the outside, I switch to him to try and make a play on a deep ball to the endzone, I misplay it and it's a TD.

2) Up 17-12 I snap the ball with 1:13 left on 2nd and 7 he has 1 time out, I pass for god knows what reason, Champ Bailey ints it and takes it to the house. 17-20 after 2 pt.

3) I am driving to try and get the FG, sack/fumble, returned for a TD. Games over.

Unreal.

Mrbob

Wow, Wellie threw a 60 yard taint with 1:03 left. Why not just run it and punt? Or try for a FG? You were up by 5 at the time.

TEBOW MOTHERFUCKING TIME

PRAISE TEBOW. He helped cause those late game turnovers. Doing his magic in Madden too. I'm doomed when we play.

Birdman02

lol I only count 1 tipped pass to Jenkins but yea GG. You outplayed me. If it weren't for those lucky, random plays, that fell into my lap in the first/second quarter (wheneve rI scored 16 unanswered) then this wouldn't even have been a game. As the weeks go by I get less and less disappointed that I went from playoffs to bust but at least the seasons ALMOST over... sorta.

Its obvious what my team desperately needs and with my big (old) guns on contract years, it looks like my team is going to get worse for next year. There's no way I'm signing a collection of EJ Henderson, Kevin Williams, Jared Allen, Seth Hutchinson, and Antoine Winfield.

I had two dumb plays that really pissed me off. One of your first TD's my guys decided to run away from Ingram and allowed him get a 30yd td up the middle. Then later in the game the same thing happened on a run to the left. Abdullah was waiting for him on the edge but nope he just stands still and doesn't bother to make contact even though I'm running in the direction of Ingram.

I don't know how I got some of those bombs on that one drive but Ponder's sophmore year is looking ugly.

That first bomb was nice. I just chucked it up and Bernard clearly outran the guy but with his shitty catch in traffic rating he drops it (along with 3-4 other catches this game). At least that lucky one with a man on him worked out. lol

Maybe it was just one tipped pass, but I know another ball went through Harper's hands on it's way to Shiancoe. I think I had another bounce off my hands, but maybe that one was incomplete.

I was just hoping to get a hit on Bernard on that 1st bomb. Roman Harper is slow as shit, so I was just hoping to stay close enough to dive for a hit. I dove as soon as Berrian went into the catch animation. Luckily, he made a hit and the ball came loose.

I'm glad to be back at .500. Hopefully, I can continue this run for a few more weeks.

TheCrow

Now with videos. Klug needs to get more playing time. He has 2 sacks despite rarely seeing the field.

Plus bonus Tebow run on the play before the TD pass to Royal. :p

PRAISE TEBOW. He helped cause those late game turnovers. Doing his magic in Madden too. I'm doomed when we play.
Tebow willing, you'll be playing against Jason Campbell.

This isn't advancing tonight right? AT&T DSL sucks ass...internet is so busted it didn't get working today. I'm using my HTC's internet right now if I tried playing Madden would it suck ass and murder my bandwidth?

bluemax

Banned
This isn't advancing tonight right? AT&T DSL sucks ass...internet is so busted it didn't get working today. I'm using my HTC's internet right now if I tried playing Madden would it suck ass and murder my bandwidth?

I believe Jags and Dolphins is tomorrow, so yeah not advancing tonight. You have until Wednesday anyhow.

TheCrow

As a fellow AT&T DSL customer I feel your pain. But we aren't advancing tonight. Fins and Boys are playing tomorrow.

As a fellow AT&T DSL customer I feel your pain. But we aren't advancing tonight. Fins and Boys are playing tomorrow.

What grievances do you have with them?

I got here today and it's already stupid that I need home phone service. So I had to go to Best Buy just to see if my phone line was working first (thank god for lenient return policies) and I found it wasn't, so I had to talk to like 3 different people before I got that. Then I found the internet wasn't working. Had to talk to like 3 more people and then they said "oh it's something wrong at your apartment complex. by the way if we find out it's on the inside, we're charging you 125 dollars"

I cannot believe this is the only option at my place. It's not like I'm in the ghetto. WTF it is 2011 get Fios up in here

TheCrow

What grievances do you have with them?

I got here today and it's already stupid that I need home phone service. So I had to go to Best Buy just to see if my phone line was working first (thank god for lenient return policies) and I found it wasn't, so I had to talk to like 3 different people before I got that. Then I found the internet wasn't working. Had to talk to like 3 more people and then they said "oh it's something wrong at your apartment complex. by the way if we find out it's on the inside, we're charging you 125 dollars"

I cannot believe this is the only option at my place. It's not like I'm in the ghetto. WTF it is 2011 get Fios up in here
It took like a week to setup when I moved into my apartment in Chicago and it still occasionally drops. I also watch a lot of Netflix and online streams since I don't have cable so I'm almost always over my cap. My only other option is RCN which is more expensive and is also inconsistent. I'm pretty much in downtown Chicago and I can't even get AT&T U-verse, let alone FIOS. But I'm moving this summer so I'll probably give RCN a shot since I'm working now.

It took like a week to setup when I moved into my apartment in Chicago and it still occasionally drops. I also watch a lot of Netflix and online streams since I don't have cable so I'm almost always over my cap. My only other option is RCN which is more expensive and is also inconsistent. I'm pretty much in downtown Chicago and I can't even get AT&T U-verse, let alone FIOS. But I'm moving this summer so I'll probably give RCN a shot since I'm working now.

uhhhh there's a bandwidth limit? WTF? i got the elite service or whatever. 6 down 768 up. I didn't see mention of a cap anywhere...

TheCrow

uhhhh there's a bandwidth limit? WTF? i got the elite service or whatever. 6 down 768 up. I didn't see mention of a cap anywhere...
Broadband Usage FAQs
How much data is included in my AT&T Internet service?
Residential AT&T High Speed Internet service includes 150 gigabytes (GB) of data each billing period, and residential AT&T U-verse High Speed Internet service includes 250 Gigabytes (GB) of data each billing period. The data you send and receive each month contributes to your monthly data plan.

They just charge you more if you go over. I think when I first got DSL there wasn't a cap but they must've added it later on.

Mrbob

Vance is wed night.

Me and Story are playing around 10 est tomorrow night.

DCX

DCX
Nothing makes me hate myself more than playing madden

fuck this game

no, seriously... fuck this game

Rain games always suck...always. I should have lost that game. Two taints, on the same read, same guy, same down and distance WTF

We both did a good job reading the cover 2, and man D and took advantage. I just got a little more from Turner than you did MJD. Not going to lie that last drive of yours was clutch.

Hang in there man, it will come.

DCX

Rain games always suck...always. I should have lost that game. Two taints, on the same read, same guy, same down and distance WTF

We both did a good job reading the cover 2, and man D and took advantage. I just got a little more from Turner than you did MJD. Not going to lie that last drive of yours was clutch.

Hang in there man, it will come.

DCX

I was so salty after that 3rd and 18, 60 something yard TD... that was pretty much the turning point of the game. I dont know why i tried to manually defend there when my stick skills are garbage. I spent the entire 3rd quarter cussing and throwing shit as i re-lived that play...

Either way, GG man. You deserved the win.

Madden GOD's CAN I PLEASE JUST WIN ONE FUCKING GAME? PLEASE?!

how low must you be to be begging for 1 win?

DCX

DCX
I was so salty after that 3rd and 18, 60 something yard TD... that was pretty much the turning point of the game. I dont know why i tried to manually defend there when my stick skills are garbage. I spent the entire 3rd quarter cussing and throwing shit as i re-lived that play...

Either way, GG man. You deserved the win.

Madden GOD's CAN I PLEASE JUST WIN ONE FUCKING GAME? PLEASE?!

how low must you be to be begging for 1 win?

I tested you with Julio over the middle and you user picked me and a good play, i could have sworn i had the inside to the route but you made a fantastic recovery and play at the ball.

On that play i knew you had the deep coverage and i hot routed Roddy to a fly knowing you would either cover him over the top or commit to Hernandez. When i saw you take your first step back i knew i had you thinking Roddy but i waited until i saw you meet him in the end zone before i threw it to Hernandez.

You had a shot at the tackle but you missed the hit stick. Any type of pressure on that play and i would be dead..i needed good protection to make all that happen down field.

You made similar plays with your TEs, i just stayed in front of you enough to not allow a big play.

Idk what happened on your last drive with that TD pass. It looked liked it went through my CB into your WR hip for the catch :/ lol

DCX

Top Bottom