• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Yeah, i wasn't mad by the catch. If I tackle you there, I'm only slightly annoyed with myself that i gave up a long 3rd down conversion. It was a great read by you, and you were absolutely in my head judging by your line of thinking. I was thinking roddy the whole time then i saw hernandez come open and i was like fuuuuuuu. The whiffed hitstick(why am i trying to hitstick?) and the subsequent TD is what pissed me off so much. Like i said, madden makes me hate myself :/

Ultimately, that is what i deserve for gutless play calling. I was going to bring pressure there but i bitched out and figured cover 2 under was good enough. I was thinking you were going to check down and try and make something happen or go deep to roddy. I was almost right :(

TheCrow

Just noticed that Wellie injured my rookie starting MLB and he's out for a couple of weeks. Guess I'll give Dontay Moch and Ross Homan a chance.

McNei1y

Maybe it was just one tipped pass, but I know another ball went through Harper's hands on it's way to Shiancoe. I think I had another bounce off my hands, but maybe that one was incomplete.

I was just hoping to get a hit on Bernard on that 1st bomb. Roman Harper is slow as shit, so I was just hoping to stay close enough to dive for a hit. I dove as soon as Berrian went into the catch animation. Luckily, he made a hit and the ball came loose.

I'm glad to be back at .500. Hopefully, I can continue this run for a few more weeks.

Oh wait. You're right. I don't know if they were tipped passes necessarily, but they were obviously BS. I threw like two 30 yard passes back to back and both somehow found some miraculous small hole to slip through into my receivers hands.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Just noticed that Wellie injured my rookie starting MLB and he's out for a couple of weeks. Guess I'll give Dontay Moch and Ross Homan a chance.

My defensive players get injured making plays like:

Nate Allen INT last year
DRC sacking Tanico Broken Collarbone.
Moise Fokou INT Broken Collarbone last night.

Atleast they go out with a bang i guess

McNei1y

So putting my xbox on the DMZ made my connection work in 2k... I must say, playing all of that cheese and having some of the worst AI in the game is a pretty frustrating combination. I play with the Wizards online and I went 1-2 with them but the game is so unforgiving when you face teams like the Clippers and such. Wide open looks for me are just completely missed and then he's on the other side throwing up alley oops with Paul and Griffin. I just played a game with the Grizzlies against the Thunger and I get so confused as to why Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are playing on the top of the key. I can't get shit done when they're up there. It's freaking ridiculous!

Smokey

What grievances do you have with them?

I got here today and it's already stupid that I need home phone service. So I had to go to Best Buy just to see if my phone line was working first (thank god for lenient return policies) and I found it wasn't, so I had to talk to like 3 different people before I got that. Then I found the internet wasn't working. Had to talk to like 3 more people and then they said "oh it's something wrong at your apartment complex. by the way if we find out it's on the inside, we're charging you 125 dollars"I cannot believe this is the only option at my place. It's not like I'm in the ghetto. WTF it is 2011 get Fios up in here

wtf

My two requirements when moving:

1. Can I choose my own cable/satellite provider (specifically DirecTV)
2. Can choose provider of my choice for internet

The first one I am more flexible, the 2nd I won't budge. Internet is more important than TV nowadays especially since most sports packages offer some type of internet service.
So putting my xbox on the DMZ made my connection work in 2k... I must say, playing all of that cheese and having some of the worst AI in the game is a pretty frustrating combination. I play with the Wizards online and I went 1-2 with them but the game is so unforgiving when you face teams like the Clippers and such. Wide open looks for me are just completely missed and then he's on the other side throwing up alley oops with Paul and Griffin. I just played a game with the Grizzlies against the Thunger and I get so confused as to why Marc Gasol and Zach Randolph are playing on the top of the key. I can't get shit done when they're up there. It's freaking ridiculous!

The shot release timing online is closer to that of offline shooting now. In previous years you had to release button early or really early depending on the player (whatup Michael Redd <3). This year it's better. It's taken me some time to get used to it as well.

Nothing is more fun than playing some random HEAT FAN FOR LIFE who does nothing but shoot or attempt to dunk with Lebron all game.

Played QB' Club '98 for the N64 at a friends last night. Pretty interesting. I had all 3 of my QBs injured in one gme. I played a whole half with one of my Tight Ends as quarterback. Also, Brett Favre is unstoppable in that game

wtf

My two requirements when moving:

1. Can I choose my own cable/satellite provider (specifically DirecTV)
2. Can choose provider of my choice for internet

The first one I am more flexible, the 2nd I won't budge. Internet is more important than TV nowadays especially since most sports packages offer some type of internet service

I know, I felt the same way but I decided to suck it up. Location and price was the #1 priority for me and my roommate, and she and I work really far apart so we had to get somewhere near the middle. this place was the best option and I figured I can live with 6 down/768 up, also I wanted to get away from computers and gaming in general a little more so I guess a shittier internet connection will naturally push me away.

I will be fucking annoyed if it's a frequently dropped connection though. I've had good internet over the past few years otherwise...except for the first year I did 2k leagues where I couldn't stay connected with anyone lol.

Smokey

I know, I felt the same way but I decided to suck it up. Location and price was the #1 priority for me and my roommate, and she and I work really far apart so we had to get somewhere near the middle. this place was the best option and I figured I can live with 6 down/768 up, also I wanted to get away from computers and gaming in general a little more so I guess a shittier internet connection will naturally push me away.

I will be fucking annoyed if it's a frequently dropped connection though. I've had good internet over the past few years otherwise...except for the first year I did 2k leagues where I couldn't stay connected with anyone lol.

Female roommate?
I like your style

McNei1y

The shot release timing online is closer to that of offline shooting now. In previous years you had to release button early or really early depending on the player (whatup Michael Redd <3). This year it's better. It's taken me some time to get used to it as well.

Nothing is more fun than playing some random HEAT FAN FOR LIFE who does nothing but shoot or attempt to dunk with Lebron all game.

It definitely is much better than last year. I remember that awful shot release function online. It really did suck. I was just getting so mad at a lot of the cheese. It was just really upsetting at something you want to happen doesn't, like Randolph and Gasol staying downlow instead of being at the top of the key for no reason and stuff like that. I've gotta play some more games.

Smokey

haha i think i got to ravenholm in 360 ver and that's where i stopped...like right at the beginning.

that is my hl2 experience...up to ravenholm. i should probably restart it on pc and finish it.

CB3

pussies.

Remembering beating that game so long ago makes the wait for HL3 crazy.

Hell i cant even remember what happened in the damn episodes.

BigAT

You've never beaten Half Life 2? For shame. Any members of Madden GAF want a free copy of HL2? I've had it sitting on my account forever.

pussies.

Remembering beating that game so long ago makes the wait for HL3 crazy.

Hell i cant even remember what happened in the damn episodes.
How could you not remember what happens at the end of Ep 2?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
wtf how could you guys call yourself gamers and not have or played through HL/HL2...

The episodes are MUSTS as well. Episode 2 is likely the finest piece of gaming I've played through in years. (I ran through it last fall for the first time, don't judge)

i got to the very end of episode 2 where those big ol walker dudes are attacking and i couldn't beat it. i'll run through it again on PC!

wtfff

tho I agree, I hated Ravenholm.

McNei1y

wtfff Ravenholm was awesome! I played L4D before playing Episode 2 so I felt like it was L4D more than anything. The setting was so cool though. It took me like an hour to beat because I got stuck on one part and didn't know how to advance to the next area. I hate when that shit happens. The end fight is pretty damn hard. So much shit going on.

McNei1y

It was like 4 years ago. I remember it being good i just cant remember what exactly happened. just small parts in my mind.

Was the end when we saw the clip of:
that big ship that we have to go to or was that during the game?
. Anyway, Gordon should smang Alex lolol

CB3

The-Sim-City-4.jpg

Mrbob

DOTA 2 has taken over Luke's life. I think you'll find him on Steam playing it. I'm scared to start it because I don't want to get consumed by it right now. I know it will happen.

LiveWire

For those of you who are considering playing (or even better, re-playing) HL2 and the episodes, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend downloading the FakeFactory Cinematic Mod.

http://www.fileplanet.com/196013/19...akeFactory-Cinematic-Mod-v10.2-Final-Complete

It is a huge download and requires a good PC to run (but I assume most of you are OK as long as you've got 4GB RAM and a 46xx Radeon or better or NVidia 260 or better), but WOW. A few minor missteps (the Alyx model is fugly), but overall a really great "director's cut" of the game. Many of the areas are re-done slightly to get better, more cinematic firefights. In particular, one awesome firefight that plays the music from Dark Knight as you rise up out of the sewers and take on a squad of Combine in their tank/car.

Oh also really helpful if you have Windows 7 64-bit. If not, it will run but not as smooth.

Mrbob

Oh wow I didn't even know that HL2 mod existed. Going to download it when I get home and replay HL2 for like the 5th time!

For those of you who are considering playing (or even better, re-playing) HL2 and the episodes, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend downloading the FakeFactory Cinematic Mod.

http://www.fileplanet.com/196013/19...akeFactory-Cinematic-Mod-v10.2-Final-Complete

It is a huge download and requires a good PC to run (but I assume most of you are OK as long as you've got 4GB RAM and a 46xx Radeon or better or NVidia 260 or better), but WOW. A few minor missteps (the Alyx model is fugly), but overall a really great "director's cut" of the game. Many of the areas are re-done slightly to get better, more cinematic firefights. In particular, one awesome firefight that plays the music from Dark Knight as you rise up out of the sewers and take on a squad of Combine in their tank/car.

Oh also really helpful if you have Windows 7 64-bit. If not, it will run but not as smooth.

nice. any mods for HL1 to make the graphics look better?

LiveWire

Oh I like it, I'm definitely keeping it. Only thing I would replace it with is a pic of Kyle Shanahan being sodomized by his BFF Chris Simms.

eznark

Banned
Giving Bob a key was a letting-Schaub-hit-free-agency class of mistake

I tried to get him to play league of legends since the fucking alpha of that game. I'm pretty sure I gave him like three keys for LoL during that absurdly long beta period. I also gifted him a Demigod key.

The genre is too complex for a Bears fan.

BigAT

DOTA 2 has taken over Luke's life. I think you'll find him on Steam playing it. I'm scared to start it because I don't want to get consumed by it right now. I know it will happen.

I finally started playing games against actual players today. I think I did pretty well, at the very least well enough to not have expletives and racial slurs hurled at me.

BigAT

Is the beta open/easy to get into? I just signed up and figured I'd wait but man, seems like everyone is in it.

I just got in randomly after signing up. I don't think it's especially easy to get in since there are only a few hundred people playing from the US at any given time and beta keys are going for $50-60.

eznark

Banned
I just got in randomly after signing up. I don't think it's especially easy to get in since there are only a few hundred people playing from the US at any given time and beta keys are going for $50-60.

Ah. Just wondering if it was worth diving into the qt3 beg thread or something. Probably not. Such a hassle to log into another message board.

Top Bottom