• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
Any1 got a levious signal?

jessica-simpson-fat.jpg

nfl_u_romo11_576.jpg

DCX

Mrbob

GG Story. Was a good battle. Got up big but thought I was going to have a 4th quarter melt down for a second. You also got two ints on Cutler, first time all season that has happened in a game. :( The second one was where I thought the game would change.

Up 31 to 17, with the ball right after Story scored. On first down I attempt to pass and this happens:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/106987746

Ball ricochets via a deflection into the defenders hands. Thankfully my defense ends up being red zone clutch and I keep story from scoring and ending the comeback.

My defense needs to stay healthy though down the stretch. Already down one guy and Briggs went down on like the 2nd play of the game for the rest of the game with a turf toe injury. Just said "Out for game" so hopefully he'll be back next week!

Edit: Let the party start looks like I clinched the division with the win! Short celebration though, many more games to play!

Striker

Striker, I gotta go out for awhile, I'll check in when I get home. Tomorrow in the a.m. surfer time looks best for me tho
Some people are coming by around the morning my time, but what time were you looking at for you? Seems like 12-2ish EST I would imagine.

^^ :lol that INT is hilarious

OT thriller in Dallas, 4th quarter had 3-4 lead changes.
GG, I should've gone for 2. That first game ended because my brother started a software update on his mac. Holy shit did I get maddened on that Austin completion on your last TD drive. Romo under-throws it into double coverage, Austin stops turns around for it and Vontae Davis is waiting while Rolle meets them at the catch, 22 yard completion. You should've been called for Pass interference on that third down in OT, your user LB stopped Marshall in his tracks. Should've gone for it on 2, your D had to be exhausted.

EDIT:

First half ends with me in field goal range with 1 TO left and 3 seconds just tick away. Why? Because they had to measure to see if the previous play was a first down and coming out of that animation I was unable to pause the game or call a TO. : |

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
good game driz, nice drive to tie it up at the end of the 4th.

yeah that interference sucked. They don't seem to call little bumps like that... maybe when it's short down the field like that, although I'm pretty sure it was beyond five yards.

GG Story. Was a good battle. Got up big but thought I was going to have a 4th quarter melt down for a second. You also got two ints on Cutler, first time all season that has happened in a game. :( The second one was where I thought the game would change.

Up 31 to 17, with the ball right after Story scored. On first down I attempt to pass and this happens:

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/106987746

Ball ricochets via a deflection into the defenders hands. Thankfully my defense ends up being red zone clutch and I keep story from scoring and ending the comeback.

My defense needs to stay healthy though down the stretch. Already down one guy and Briggs went down on like the 2nd play of the game for the rest of the game with a turf toe injury. Just said "Out for game" so hopefully he'll be back next week!

Edit: Let the party start looks like I clinched the division with the win! Short celebration though, many more games to play!

I really miss Greg Jennings. :( I lost Aaron Ross for the rest of the season this game. FML

McNei1y

2 games left; FMT, I play you this week!!!!!!!!!!

I'm available all night tonight up until 12-1am. I'll be available probably tomorrow night as well as all day Friday. I want to see how hard your defense is going punish me.

Mrbob

Bob, I'll be around later tonight, probably like 10 or so. After that I won't be around til Monday.

Did the NFL schedule change and we play three times in a season? Not sure who your next opponent is but it isn't me! I have the Lions next.

I really miss Greg Jennings. :( I lost Aaron Ross for the rest of the season this game. FML

Yeah I was looking at your roster after the game and noticed Jennings out for the season. You have some nice passing options as it is, with Jennings back it will make your passing game extremely tough to cover.

TheCrow

Daw, let me know when you can play. We don't have to play early because I don't like having a lot of down time between my games. So no rush.

btw I would really love to see an updated playoff picture. NFC wildcard looks to be very interesting as many teams are in the running.

Striker

We play tonight!
Luke and I are going to play around 8 surfer time. We originally were going to in the next half hour or so, but my repair man is running late for my front window, and I don't want Luke waiting for x amount of minutes because of his tardiness. Looking like we're the last game, also.

I can probably do double duty in games, so Wellington, would you be able to play after midnight? If not we can try tomorrow sometime.

Mrbob

Yeah Birdie has done a great job rising from the dead and being back in the playoff hunt!

I'll do some breakdowns.

NFC Division Leaders

East Giants (8-2)
North Bears (10-0)
South Donnys (10-0)
West Niners (7-3)

Wild Card Leaders
Eagles (6-4)
Seahawks (6-4)

In the Hunt
Panthers (5-5), Saints (5-5), Cardinals (4-6), Falcons (4-6)

AFC Division Leaders
East Bills (7-3)
North Steelers (8-1-1)
South Colts (7-1-1)
West Broncos/Raiders (8-2)

Wild Card Leaders
Broncos/Raiders (8-2)
Bengals (6-4)

In the Hunt
Chargers (5-4), Browns (5-4), Texans (4-6), Titans (4-6)

Some big games still to be played this week. Playoff implications in the AFC!

Mrbob

Yes I definitely recommend Defense Grid. I'd buy the package with the DLC for $3.99. Portal 2 themed DLC just came out for the game and that is on sale for $1.24 (included in the $3.99 package). Been waiting for that to go on sale picking it up today!

TheCrow

If the Chargers and Browns win there will be a three way tie for the second wildcard spot. The Bengals, Brown, and Chargers will all be 6-4. Also, the Raiders are still winning despite the lack of rors elitism but I still have two games against them so hopefully I can take care of the division.

BigAT

yesssssssss i've been waiting for stalker to go on sale!

and am i the only one sick of tower defense force games?

Not fully sick, but for whatever reason Defense Grid did absolutely nothing for me for some reason. I know a lot of people like it, but I just couldn't get into it.

mik

mik is unbeatable
I like tower defense games that do something new with the formula--like Anomaly Warzone. That game is hot shit.

Smokey

smokey usually plays well for 1 season each year and then his team drops off the face of the planet for the rest! for shame

It's usually the first season cuz we start right after launch, excitement etc and everybody is into it. By the time s1 is over it's been 2-3 months, so my interest usually goes down after playing 2x league matches a week over that span of time (and against randoms). My nemesis Rors who I hate with all my guts is also gone, so I haz noone to hate on :(

I don't (usually) pull a Ram Ram and quit tho!

It's usually the first season cuz we start right after launch, excitement etc and everybody is into it. By the time s1 is over it's been 2-3 months, so my interest usually goes down after playing 2x league matches a week over that span of time (and against randoms). My nemesis Rors who I hate with all my guts is also gone, so I haz noone to hate on :(

I don't (usually) pull a Ram Ram and quit tho!

lolz

Smokey

like, in Madden or in general? Don't know how anyone could hate that guy...

I don't hate him, but my trolling was so good FMT thought I wanted to punch him. So did Rors, so I ran with it!

Smokey got rid of Schaub cheese and now he is paying the consequences.

Season 1 is the best measure how one can play the game. Everybody is into it and interest is high. It's no coincidence that you were terrible in season 1 and now undefeated in season 2.

hmmm

although leinart is pretty terribad, it's still fun to just slang with him at times

edit: how the hell does this thread have over 200,000 views

DCX

DCX
I don't hate him, but my trolling was so good FMT thought I wanted to punch him. So did Rors, so I ran with it!

Season 1 is the best measure how one can play the game. Everybody is into it and interest is high. It's no coincidence that you were terrible in season 1 and now undefeated in season 2.

hmmm

although leinart is pretty terribad, it's still fun to just slang with him at times
People are still into our franchise. Don't lump everyone in your season 2-x boredom.

Bad players aim to improve, good players that made the playoffs aim to get to the big game.

Some just play to win GM awards like me. We all have something that drives us.

DCX

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I care maybe even more than at the start. I have my handprint on my current team so its more personal.

Mrbob

Smokey is speaking like a man who is unable to adjust year to year with restrictions in place. Needs fantasy type ball with no penalties.

I'd rather keep playing Madden 12 than buy Madden 13. Don't want to give up Jamie Brooks. Need to find a way to import him into the new game!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm actually with Smokey on this one. It just feels like an eternity between advancements, Playing all the other games that have come out this holiday season as well has made it very difficult to stay focused.

Smokey

People are still into our franchise. Don't lump everyone in your season 2-x boredom.

Bad players aim to improve, good players that made the playoffs aim to get to the big game.

Some just play to win GM awards like me. We all have something that drives us.

DCX

And that's fine. I know myself and a few others have said the same thing I am. It's not a big deal. I still play! I was just commenting on what FMT said.

Madden has always been my second sports game to NBA2K. That's really the only sports game I can play year round. Twas no NBA obviously so I could just focus on Madden and hating on Rors. Served me good.

MrBob said:
Smokey is speaking like a man who is unable to adjust year to year with restrictions in place. Needs fantasy type ball with no penalties.

HO You tanked and admitted losing games on purpose. On top of that you now have my team as your avatar. You should be ashamed.

Smokey is that dude who would go "Meh, I wasn't even really playing anyway" when he loses at Street Fighter II SNES.

SF2 sucked

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'm actually with Smokey on this one. It just feels like an eternity between advancements, Playing all the other games that have come out this holiday season as well has made it very difficult to stay focused.

what would be ideal? 48 hour weeks?

Top Bottom