• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Mrbob

I didn't admit to tanking. I only talked about how Eznark tried to tank on me, and I wouldn't let that happen. I had a sub par year last season. It happens!

Plus the Texans are my new life longs! Why can't we be friends? We are AFC bros!

Smokey

I didn't admit to tanking. I only talked about how Eznark tried to tank on me, and I wouldn't let that happen. I had a sub par year last season. It happens!

Plus the Texans are my new life longs! Why can't we be friends? We are AFC bros!

You still tanked on purpose. You missed a FG on purpose or whatever it was in your game against The Hunter.. Had to get your TE cheese!

DCX

DCX
Just because you didn't admit it doesn't mean you didn't tank. You missed a FG on purpose or whatever it was. You tanked and got your TE cheese.
Not entirely accurate. He tanked, but not good enough.

He ended up making a trade to get the man he tanked for.

BTW Bob, FMT wished he could import English every year.

DCX

Mrbob

I made a smart decision and grabbed my most important need in the off season, yes. I had TEs of 67 and 65 on the roster previously.

Edit: English and Brooks on one team, unstoppable! We should create a Madden pro bowl team with all the high rated rookies!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
what would be ideal? 48 hour weeks?

I never said to change it, and I think the twice a week advances are ideal. They feel like an eternity because we haven't had more than 1-2 weeks in which the advancement is faster than normal (which happened a lot in season 1), due to other game releases and the holidays not many (if any) are available or willing to play practice games, and even this thread itself is slow - not much shop talk.

Smokey

I made a smart decision and grabbed my most important need in the off season, yes. I had TEs of 67 and 65 on the roster previously.

Edit: English and Brooks on one team, unstoppable! We should create a Madden pro bowl team with all the high rated rookies!

And that smart decision was...?

;)

Admission of guilt is the first step!

Mrbob

Smokey said:
And your smart decision was...;)

Trading my 12 and 44 picks to go up and get Brooks! Especially since I had two 3rd rounders to play with.

Edit: Haha, editing your post!

By the way, FMT, I still haven't forgotten the award you gave me last off season for the move I made!

FMT Awards said:
Highest ball & juice level: Worst trade up in the draft – Bears: You traded up to pick a TE that high? I get that you want your TE cheese title back but wow. Time will tell if this is a deserved award or not!

Reading this helps motivate me every week before I play my game!

lets see if we can put together an all-pro 1st team of created guys.
Offense:

QB - Jack English (Niners)
RB - Leron James (Seachickens)
FB - ?
WR - Jermarion Bellows (Pats)
WR - ?
TE - Brooks (Bears)
LT - ?
LG - ?
C - Max Younger (niners)
LG - ?
LT - ?

Defense:

LE - ?
DT - Alain Jackson (Bills)
DT - ?
RE - ?
LOLB - Josh Sneed (Browns)
MLB - Mack Jackson (Colts)
ROLB - ?
CB - ?
CB - ?
FS - ?
SS - ?

K -
P -

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Jelani Okoye in madden 10 and Brandon Jones in Madden 11 were huge beasts at running back.

Derail Gatewood was probably the best guard I saw in Madden 10, 4th draft I think.

Mrbob

That is a good list to start with. Do we have access to Madden 10 drafts? This would help us out.

I really can't add anything, because outside of James and English I don't remember many players. I had terrible drafts in Madden 10 too so I never had one of those elite rooks.

daw840

Daw, let me know when you can play. We don't have to play early because I don't like having a lot of down time between my games. So no rush.

btw I would really love to see an updated playoff picture. NFC wildcard looks to be very interesting as many teams are in the running.

I should be free a lot this weekend, except Sunday will be a little limited as to what I can get accomplished for a game. I definitely have all of Monday off though, so that's good.

Bellows was the Patriot guy and Josh Sneed was the Brown OLB I had.

The HB's were Keller (Ravens), James (Hawks) and I thought there was one other, but team/name escapes me.

http://neogaf.net/forum/showthread.php?p=20161897

Older thread. The other back was Matrix's Bjoern Mason of the Texans.

Best (Attempted) Revenge (for a season) - MrBob: He was up in arms after his proposed trade for Randy Moss was shutdown and he vowed revenge on all parties involved! However, he never got out of the coffin in THIS movie. Sorry bobby!

lolol i remember how butt hurt bob was about that!

Smokey

Frank Reich Award for Best Comeback (in a season!) - Smokey: Left for dead about halfway through the season, he made an improbable run to MAKE the playoffs! C-C-C-C-Chargers!!

awwwwwwready

Worst Revenge Game: LT vs. the entire league. He has to be the fucking worst 90 rated player in the history of sports videogames.

hahahaha
good times

Outsider Award - Smokey.... again, by his own admission, everyone in the league is against him and the rules only pertain to him! Fight the power.... again and again

shit ain't changed 2 years later!

Most Devestating 4th Down Conversion - LJ vs. Smokey - It was against the rules, it was a fake punt, and apparently cost the Chargers a playoff game! Most of the 4th down complaints were on normal plays, but LJ takes the crown for most creative and thereby devestating 4th down conversion!

i remember this shit like it was yesterday

LukeSmith

Offense:

FB - ?
WR - ?
TE - Brooks (Bears)
LT - ?
LG - ?
C - Max Younger (niners)
LG - ?
LT - ?

Defense:

LE - ?
DT - ?
RE - ?
ROLB - ?
CB - ?
CB - ?
FS - ?
SS - ?

K -
P -

Giovanni Girley reinvented the position of HB.

He torched LJ for 220 receiving and another 80 rushing and 4 TDs and he was a late round pick.

First teamer at Free Safety: Prince Justin (FS) Colts

Smokey

Dat trade changed Madden-Age forever and it's ripples can still be felt to this very day.

I must say...I am pretty proud of myself for that trade. A thing of beauty.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Offense:

FB - The dude DSkillz drafted that became a 95+ in Madden 10
WR - Dion Grimes (Saints)
TE - Brooks (Bears)
LT - ?
LG - ?
C - Max Younger (niners) Fuck outta here, Brandon Atkinson (Giants) was much better after year 2!
LG - ?
LT - ?

Defense:

LE - ?
DT - ?
RE - ?
ROLB - ?
CB - The guy Dskillz drafted in the first draft with the #1 or so pick
CB - ?
FS - ?
SS - ?

K -
P -

bluemax

Banned
That is a good list to start with. Do we have access to Madden 10 drafts? This would help us out.

I really can't add anything, because outside of James and English I don't remember many players. I had terrible drafts in Madden 10 too so I never had one of those elite rooks.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox360/958702-madden-nfl-10/faqs/57545

I know my first 3 picks in that draft were:

LeRon James
De'Adrian Virges
Patrick Boma

I think I got Boma in the 2nd round too.

the advance times aren't any longer than they've ever been!

jets/chargers: is this game going to happen or should it be simmed or should nightz play the cpu or what!

Nightz

the advance times aren't any longer than they've ever been!

jets/chargers: is this game going to happen or should it be simmed or should nightz play the cpu or what!

Sent Ferny a PM yesterday and he said he could play anytime today "after 2" (no idea what time zone). I replied and told him that I get home around 4:30 PST and asked if he was going to be around then. Still waiting on a response.

Smokey

Fuck all yall this is #REALTALK.

Open world Burnout no thnx. If it was so beloved why is there not another? That game came out years ago.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I never said to change it, and I think the twice a week advances are ideal. They feel like an eternity because we haven't had more than 1-2 weeks in which the advancement is faster than normal (which happened a lot in season 1), due to other game releases and the holidays not many (if any) are available or willing to play practice games, and even this thread itself is slow - not much shop talk.

I'm always down for and need practice!

Top Bottom