• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

eznark

Banned
I have not manual blitzed the whole game..

ok, seemed like it a couple times. Good game, the way you play those safeties is nuts. I want Morgan Burnett to get roller skates! (#1 overall pick to the packers will be whatever safety is fast as fuuuuuck)

It was all worth it to see Kuhn bust a 75 yard touchdown run.

DCX

DCX
Falcons win again! GG phee. Terrible red zone play by both sides ends with an int by Hayden to save the day. Actually let me rephrase. Saved by Locker who decides it's better to go left than right on a drag the went right lol

DCX

ok, seemed like it a couple times. Good game, the way you play those safeties is nuts. I want Morgan Burnett to get roller skates! (#1 overall pick to the packers will be whatever safety is fast as fuuuuuck)

It was all worth it to see Kuhn bust a 75 yard touchdown run.

I was mad as hell seeing kuhn do that lol

eznark

Banned
I was mad as hell seeing kuhn do that lol

With the speed of your defense, I have no idea how he did that.

Also, I'd kind of like to know why EA feels like Rodgers is the worst fumbler in the history of football. Five straight times he has been hit while running he has fumbled and lost it. I can't remember the last time Rodgers lost a fumble on a running play.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
A request.

If your gonna make a bunch of audibles and hot routes at the line, thats fine. but if you notice whatever your doing is making my defense go stupid because this game is weird, please atleast allow my guys to get where they are going. some things make man coverage get reversed without me doing anything. quick snapping it just fucks the whole D up.

Other than that good game levious. i get DRC back and lose two more defensive starters. they are really fucking me this year with the injury bug

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
i thought I only did that on a couple of run plays, don't really recall getting anything easy against you passing, good game. that user pick you had late in the second was nice.

CB3

if happened late in the redzone. i didnt even know who i was covering anymore so i just played a zone in the middle and hoped for the best. Not the reason i lost just an annoyance in the grand scheme of things. i couldnt get shit going on offense. no rhythm at all. Line wasnt protecting. Vick cant throw shit in the wind. (9 MPH in the dallas dome thanks ea). And i continue the streak of losing fumbles and not getting any.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
ah the touchdown to ogletree? ok. I hate the whipping wind at home, only avoid that if it's raining and it's closed.

CB3

it wasnt a td but it got a nice gain. the ogletree TD someone just blew a coverage on the right side. that should have been covered.

Well done though. You had a nice gameplan. Just between these long advance times screwing with my rhythm and my rotating injuries on D, i got bodied. im gonna have to start practicing inbetween these games to keep shit smooth.

BigAT

A request.

If your gonna make a bunch of audibles and hot routes at the line, thats fine. but if you notice whatever your doing is making my defense go stupid because this game is weird, please atleast allow my guys to get where they are going. some things make man coverage get reversed without me doing anything. quick snapping it just fucks the whole D up.

Other than that good game levious. i get DRC back and lose two more defensive starters. they are really fucking me this year with the injury bug

I believe that happens when your defenders are already screwed up in the first place. Calling an audible or making an adjustment forces it to fix itself in the same that you flipping your play on defense would do the same. I definitely try to wait when I see it happen, since I have been so annoyed to be on the other side of it.

CB3

yeah i try to wait on offense too if i see it happen. although it works to my advantage sometimes. ive noticed a few other unscrupulous folks try to take advantage of it and i usually just key in on the guy that doesnt look covered because they usually go right to that person. gotten a few picks outta that. in this game i was usually in cover 1 when it happened so my whole D criss crossed and everyone was out of position

McNei1y

gg Smokey. That was finally a fun game. How the fuck do I run plays though? I press right or left on the D-Pad and all it gives me are shitty isolation plays. I want that pick and run option that they had last year and stuff. And still, when I actually run a legit play, the players control is so rapid that they cannot get into that tiny ass circle to run the freaking thing!!

I need to learn how to post up too! I was getting so frustrated on that one series where you had like 4 offensive rebounds.

You wanna run another in a little or something?

Smokey

gg Smokey. That was finally a fun game. How the fuck do I run plays though? I press right or left on the D-Pad and all it gives me are shitty isolation plays. I want that pick and run option that they had last year and stuff. And still, when I actually run a legit play, the players control is so rapid that they cannot get into that tiny ass circle to run the freaking thing!!

I need to learn how to post up too! I was getting so frustrated on that one series where you had like 4 offensive rebounds.

You wanna run another in a little or something?

bless Thabeet

GG! Felt good to play a GAFer. You went on a little 2k run there for a second, but den KMART PUT DA TEAM ON HIS BACK DOE

Press LB to bring up player buttons over their head. Choose a player and 4 pages of plays will pop up for that particular guy :p

I'm down to play another just lemme know

McNei1y

bless Thabeet

GG! Felt good to play a GAFer. You went on a little 2k run there for a second, but den KMART PUT DA TEAM ON HIS BACK DOE

Press LB to bring up player buttons over their head. Choose a player and 4 pages of plays will pop up for that particular guy :p

I'm down to play another just lemme know

Oh... Doh!

You saying I was cheesin or just that the game took over? I'm not trying to pull any of that crap if I did. I'll play another, toss me an invite. I'm gonna grab another beer.

Smokey

Oh... Doh!

You saying I was cheesin or just that the game took over? I'm not trying to pull any of that crap if I did. I'll play another, toss me an invite. I'm gonna grab another beer.

no, 2k run is 2ks version of a basketball run in real life. gotta call a Timeout or make a bucket to stop it.

you didn't cheese at all

bluemax

Banned
There's actually more than 4 plays on offense in 2k? I have the PC version and am playing with the 360 controller and when I press right on the D-Pad I always get the same 4 offensive plays.

I've played like 5 games against the CPU as the Lobsters and have yet to have a single alleyoop :(

Mrbob

GG Goldlion. Game turned at the end of the 2nd quarter when you were driving and it was tied at 14. Got a fumble and everything seemed to go against you after.

Got the win which is good, but took a big hit in the process. JPEP hurt in garbage time with 2 minutes left making a routine tackle. Out for 4 weeks. :/ That is two starters I'm missing now. My 83 rated FS and now my dline beast man.

GG Goldlion. Game turned at the end of the 2nd quarter when you were driving and it was tied at 24. Got a fumble and it everything seemed to go against you after.

Got the win which is good, but took a bit hit in the process. JPEP hurt in garbage time with 2 minutes left making a routine tackle. Out for 4 weeks. :/ That is two starters I'm missing now. My 83 rated FS and now my dline beast man.

GG Bob

Your offense was on point. After the fumble, any skill i possessed went into recession while you flourished lol

McNei1y

no, 2k run is 2ks version of a basketball run in real life. gotta call a Timeout or make a bucket to stop it.

you didn't cheese at all

Ahhh I hear yah. I was thinking that but didn't know if it was some new term I didn't hear about.

good second game. Wall shoots just like he does in real life. At least thats realistic. He really needs to develop some mid range game.

So we're 1-1 eh.

Smokey

Ahhh I hear yah. I was thinking that but didn't know if it was some new term I didn't hear about.

good second game. Wall shoots just like he does in real life. At least thats realistic. He really needs to develop some mid range game.

So we're 1-1 eh.

run it back, it's 1-1

this for the series

McNei1y

AWWWWWWW what a great fucking game Smokey. I had no clue who the fuck to give the ball too on that last possession hahahaah. You've got this series...

We really need to start a GAF association.

Smokey

AWWWWWWW what a great fucking game Smokey. I had no clue who the fuck to give the ball too on that last possession hahahaah. You've got this series...

We really need to start a GAF association.

good shit
My shooting went to hell after that first game. The Wiz have some long ass players makes it almost impossible to get a shot off in the paint or reach their point of release when they shoot.

That last game as crazy. Kmart hit dat and 1 off the steal, and then scola with his funny looking FT motion was able to knock it down. The end was just my 7 footers trying to block the hell outta lewis and it worked lol. Surprised you didn't use Wall for the game winning attempt though.

DCX you still wanna run?.

McNei1y

good shit
My shooting went to hell after that first game. The Wiz have some long ass players makes it almost impossible to get a shot off in the paint or reach their point of release when they shoot.

That last game as crazy. Kmart hit dat and 1 off the steal, and then scola with his funny looking FT motion was able to knock it down. The end was just my 7 footers trying to block the hell outta lewis and it worked lol. Surprised you didn't use Wall for the game winning attempt though.

DCX you still wanna run?.

Yeah man. I do love McGee, Blatche, Singleton, and Booker. They may not be great players but they are pretty damn good at rebounding and blocking.

Shit got real when Young got called for blocking and Scola went to the line. I was nervous and I wasn't even shooting with the guy. I can't believe Kmart got that and one on that last play after the past 3-4 possessions he was getting fouled with none of his shots even close!

My thinking was that I should give it to a shooter since I can't hit shit with Wall mid range. I like Lewis' shot the best. I made a bad call and tried to do the hopstep shot and instead of getting open, he hopstepped into 3 of your big men hahah.

Where the hell is Gilbert when you need him!?

I'll play winner/or DCX if you guys are playing.

Smokey

Heading on McFly

DCX

You got an all star team and I don't have Yao anymore and you still duckin me

Yeah man. I do love McGee, Blatche, Singleton, and Booker. They may not be great players but they are pretty damn good at rebounding and blocking.

Shit got real when Young got called for blocking and Scola went to the line. I was nervous and I wasn't even shooting with the guy. I can't believe Kmart got that and one on that last play after the past 3-4 possessions he was getting fouled with none of his shots even close!

My thinking was that I should give it to a shooter since I can't hit shit with Wall mid range. I like Lewis' shot the best. I made a bad call and tried to do the hopstep shot and instead of getting open, he hopstepped into 3 of your big men hahah.

Where the hell is Gilbert when you need him!?

I'll play winner/or DCX if you guys are playing.

I couldn't hit shit with him so I decided to keep attacking and get to the line. It worked lol

fml of course thats how the game ends. gg fmt. My team is such butt. I've got zero defense and my offensive line is downright terrible. Good play calling. I finally got some breaks with that fumble and the pick later on in the game but I still can't hold a lead worth a damn this year.

hahaha that was Rogers? It just keeps getting better and better!! The guy finally decides to get hands!

#bitter

your offense was really good. very difficult to cover 2 TE sets and i tried a variety of things to stop randolph and shiancoe. on that last 3rd down in OT i brought a lot of pressure and just flattened out my coverage on randolph. if rogers didn't get the pick i would have!

and i wouldn't say your pick was a break. really good defensive call and i wasn't patient in waiting to see what your CB was going to do. i was actually lucky to not throw another pick inside the 10 early cause your guy just dropped it.

i think on D you are a little too overly aggressive. the TD to braylon was because your were playing bump and run. you really have to pick and choose when you call B&R because it can be burned easily. then you were just stacking the box to stop the run and it left some passing lanes open. however, once i got into the redzone i couldn't finish early (just like the real niners!)

McNei1y

gg DCX... Not really feeling the last two minutes. The game really took the game away from me a few times with some of those bogus calls. And in no way did I pass to McGee instead of Young. Why the hell is he up that far anyway.

DCX

DCX
gg DCX... Not really feeling the last two minutes. The game really took the game away from me a few times with some of those bogus calls. And in no way did I pass to McGee instead of Young. Why the hell is he up that far anyway.

GG, it was odd..you got 2ked for sure. It's that Stern code built in.

DCX

McNei1y

i think on D you are a little too overly aggressive. the TD to braylon was because your were playing bump and run. you really have to pick and choose when you call B&R because it can be burned easily. then you were just stacking the box to stop the run and it left some passing lanes open. however, once i got into the redzone i couldn't finish early (just like the real niners!)

The sad thing is I didn't tell my team to play that. The play wasn't even a pressure play but for some reason they play up tight. I get abused on the sidelines every game. The flats I can usually cover but it seems everyone can get 10-15 yards passes everytime on the sidelines. Rors made that clear when he smoked me earlier this season. I think I need to draft some corners because Winfield just can't do it and my younger guys suck with man.

Smokey

You were 2k'd.
It's like a advance form of Madden'd

CB3

i miss 2k when the online stuff works.

i dont miss 2k when 2k run shits on you in the 4th quarter and you have no control with whats happening.

The sad thing is I didn't tell my team to play that. The play wasn't even a pressure play but for some reason they play up tight. I get abused on the sidelines every game. The flats I can usually cover but it seems everyone can get 10-15 yards passes everytime on the sidelines. Rors made that clear when he smoked me earlier this season. I think I need to draft some corners because Winfield just can't do it and my younger guys suck with man.

be careful the play you are calling isn't a "press" play. for instance, in my defensive playbook there is a man cover 2 and then there is a man press cover 2. the man press means they'll come up on the receivers no matter what i tell them to do.

Smokey

i dont miss 2k when 2k run shits on you in the 4th quarter and you have no control with whats happening.

All 3 of McFly and I games went fine! 2K run is almost always stoppable by bulldozing your way to the basket for a layup or calling timeout.

So you're gonna get the game next week right

McNei1y

Don't get me wrong, the game seems really flawless this year. I just definitely saw some of the 2k shit pop up in the last few minutes. Somehow Rashard Lewis got called for a blocking foul when Carmelo stepped over the backcourt line. And then there are those looseballs that fly all over the place. Then there's the pass to McGee who's near the top of the key instead of being down low instead of a pass to a wide open Young. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Top Bottom