• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

McNei1y

be careful the play you are calling isn't a "press" play. for instance, in my defensive playbook there is a man cover 2 and then there is a man press cover 2. the man press means they'll come up on the receivers no matter what i tell them to do.

Yeah. I've been butchered on those plays previously so I make sure to never call them again. I guess when I put my D into "show blitz" they go into press mode for some reason. I should probably go back to Vikings D playbook, even though it seems the Multiple D playbook is where it's at with my team. Just thinking since my team didn't get whooped this hard last year when I had that playbook!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
by online i mean online season/franchise or whatever it is now.

i only have marginal interest in online scrimmages.

I was talking to a buddy today about the 2k series and i remembered my game in either 2k10 or 2k11 when i dropped like 35 with Jennings in a half against Daw. its probably my favorite moment in 2k. I felt like god or something. every shot, every dribble, every move was the right move. it was amazing.

i have some moments with Melo that were close

McNei1y

Hop on 2k. We should try an Association. It seems like a real good idea. I wanna start a thread but I'm not sure how much interest I'd gain from GAF.

I've also found a new love in Blatche. The guy is really dumb basketball IQ wise in real life but in this game, he does what he's supposed to do. Some of his cuts are unbelievable. I'm really feeling the 2k shot stick this year.

McNei1y

GG's Smokey and DCX. I'm definitely trying to play some more tomorrow/this weekend. Now that I'm break I can finally spend some time playing some games I'm backed up on.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Aw you missed your chance! Remember when I posted that link with the game for 30 bucks!! lolol

It's not sub 40 but 40 bucks at Walmart

http://www.walmart.com/ip/NBA-2K12-...=09178306813608633969&wmlspartner=lw9MynSeamY

Its the same price at amazon too. Under normal circumstances id buy it but after this crazy holiday season of games, and it being Christmas, its hard to justify dropping more money on games.

Not to mention bestbuy keeps throwing these fucking 5 dollar games at me and xbox is doing their sale shit with XBLA

Smokey

Don't get me wrong, the game seems really flawless this year. I just definitely saw some of the 2k shit pop up in the last few minutes. Somehow Rashard Lewis got called for a blocking foul when Carmelo stepped over the backcourt line. And then there are those looseballs that fly all over the place. Then there's the pass to McGee who's near the top of the key instead of being down low instead of a pass to a wide open Young. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

The foul on backcourt is because in 2k11 if you picked up a guy man to man at half court and bumped him back it was a backcourt violation 100% of the time. Guess they put in blocking foul to fix that.

I was talking to a buddy today about the 2k series and i remembered my game in either 2k10 or 2k11 when i dropped like 35 with Jennings in a half against Daw. its probably my favorite moment in 2k. I felt like god or something. every shot, every dribble, every move was the right move. it was amazing.

smh
i remember the melo assassinations

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I'm available tonight Striker.

Also, what's your schedule like for tomorrow, just in case.

Just between these long advance times screwing with my rhythm and my rotating injuries on D, i got bodied. im gonna have to start practicing inbetween these games to keep shit smooth.

WHAT DO YOU WANT, 48 HOUR ADVANCE TIMES!?!?!?!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
WHAT DO YOU WANT, 48 HOUR ADVANCE TIMES!?!?!?!

hey I wasn't trying to criticize you when I asked that, it's what we shoot for in my other franchise, but we only have 20 owners so it makes it much easier.

be careful the play you are calling isn't a "press" play. for instance, in my defensive playbook there is a man cover 2 and then there is a man press cover 2. the man press means they'll come up on the receivers no matter what i tell them to do.

oh so you could call that play, switch to back off coverage presnap and they'll still run up to press after the snap? That could be useful.

god damn last night's game hurt so bad. down 17-14 making a drive down the field in the last minute...see britt literally wide open on a drag in the endzone...i throw it but it goes behind britt wtf!?

fuck you locker!

If I won that game I'd stay 2 games behind the wild card, and possibly get within 1, but now there is no room for miracles, only spoilers :(

TheCrow

Came across this in that Madden 2010 awards thread. Good times, except for the shitty dorm internet.

JOYT9.jpg

DCX

DCX
god damn last night's game hurt so bad. down 17-14 making a drive down the field in the last minute...see britt literally wide open on a drag in the endzone...i throw it but it goes behind britt wtf!?

fuck you locker!

If I won that game I'd stay 2 games behind the wild card, and possibly get within 1, but now there is no room for miracles, only spoilers :(

It sure was a lucky win. I usually don't get lucky :/ I guess the law of averages make things balance out.

I'm just happy i kept you from the big play. Cj2k was contained, Cook Jr didn't burst out and Britt was kept pedestrian. Even with all that i was in position to lose and needed a 54 yard Fg to win, i'll take it.

DCX

It sure was a lucky win. I usually don't get lucky :/ I guess the law of averages make things balance out.

I'm just happy i kept you from the big play. Cj2k was contained, Cook Jr didn't burst out and Britt was kept pedestrian. Even with all that i was in position to lose and needed a 54 yard Fg to win, i'll take it.

DCX

nah i can't say it's lucky. locker is still an 80 qb after all...and when I saw him open I didn't bother leading him off, but I tried slinging it in there...maybe I should have put more touch and the accuracy wouldn't be so bad lol

daw840

I am sure I have never been as infuriated with a game in my entire life. That was.....almost a smokey moment breaking a disc for me. I got up and punched the shit out of my door because of that. Thankfully didn't break my hand this time though.

Smokey

I can play now

i'm at work right now like a good American citizen

I am sure I have never been as infuriated with a game in my entire life. That was.....almost a smokey moment breaking a disc for me. I got up and punched the shit out of my door because of that. Thankfully didn't break my hand this time though.

why is this the first ive heard of this occassion?! lol

rage in 2k leagues was a everday thing. as far as i can remember my two most rage inducing moments in madden was some shit cb did when we played and lj with that fake punt in the playoff game. shit got real when those two things happen.

the dcx v pheeniks rivalry was legendary. straight cheese fests everytime they played with points in paint and nobody gave a shit lol.

DCX

DCX

rage in 2k leagues was a everday thing. as far as i can remember my two most rage inducing moments in madden was some shit cb did when we played and lj with that fake punt in the playoff game. shit got real when those two things happen.

the dcx v pheeniks rivalry was legendary. straight cheese fests everytime they played with points in paint and nobody gave a shit lol.
DCX v Pheeknicks will go down as the best rivalry in the history of 2k. Top three of all sports leagues.

DCX

daw840

I think I played FMT once and we both had like 80 PIP one game. That was the genesis of the PIP rule I think...lol

Ramirez

Ram v Wellie is getting pretty fun

He has such disdain for me now that he didn't wish my kid the best! :p

We're not getting out until tomorrow, as a precaution. This isn't actually advancing on Christmas Eve anyways is it? I'll be home really late tomorrow, I might be able to play if it isn't too late Tom. Otherwise it would have to be Sat. night after the gift opening. :)

LukeSmith

Playoffs V Livewire

DCX

Whoa, whoa, whoa. You're still kind of fighting the whole playoffs thing too.

Preseason: I had really, really high hopes for Storybook vs. DCX in the thread.

Storybook, the super Falcons fan, watching as DCX Isaiah Thomas'd the shit out of his team. Games between them would be revenge driven, Storybook always beating up on the woman he used to love.

Instead: Storybook holds up the league and never posts.

Top Bottom