• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

The Miami Dolphins have signed 32 year old Demorrio Williams to a 1.7M one year contract. Williams will fill a much needed hole with Kevin Burnett stepping up for the injured Karlos Dansby.

The Miami Dolphins are currently $3,116 under the cap.

Ramirez

Even virtual Steelers fans are classless. Chanting over rated? Wtf? How does that make sense Tiburon!

Hahaha, I was like wtf when I heard that...

GG dude, shoulda took the points on your 4th and goal, woulda been a 2 TD ball game at one point if you had!

9 pass deflections. :jnc

McNei1y

gg Nightz. That was a damn fun game. It seems all my games are close. That's a damn bad thing too. I was so damn pissed at that fumble on my 2. Screen plays NEVER work for me this year. I think for both seasons so far I've attempted around 17 of them and they have NEVER worked. It's always a sack, a missed pass, a ball that hits AP, or I fumble it - in every single formation. So glad I drafted that rookie Burch.

He's going to be a beast for me at LB. My corners are trying to tell me "don't cut me" with performances like that today but I don't think that's going to change anything. Winfield's too expensive for his age and I need some new young guys.

My line is fucking garbage though. That's why my screens never work. That's why games like today with AP rushing only ~14 yards are way to common, not to mention your run D was punishing.

Shiancoe's going to be trucking until he's 40. Long live Shiancoe/Rudolph combo!

GG. Pulled a Sanjuro on that one.

fuckin' brutal

bluemax

Banned
Hahaha, I was like wtf when I heard that...

GG dude, shoulda took the points on your 4th and goal, woulda been a 2 TD ball game at one point if you had!

9 pass deflections. :jnc

Didn't think I'd get enough stops.

And fuck your LBers. I don't want to see another post from you about your defense. If they weren't in the backfield they were taking away the entire middle of the field. And the one handed pick? Fuck that. I'm convinced elite LBers are the key in this game on defense.

bluemax

Banned
I have only 1 win against teams with winning records this season :(

Updated approximate draft order:

Code:
Jaguars		0	12	0
Cowboys		3	9	0
Dolphins	3	9	0
Lions		3	9	0
Patriots	3	9	0
Rams		3	9	0
Ravens		3	9	0
Vikings		3	9	0
Cardinals	4	8	0
Jets		4	8	0
Packers		4	8	0
Redskins	4	8	0
Titans		4	8	0
Chiefs		5	7	0
Falcons		5	7	0
Bengals		6	6	0
Panthers	6	6	0
Saints		6	6	0
Texans		6	6	0
Browns		7	5	0
Chargers	7	5	0
Eagles		7	5	0
Seahawks	7	5	0
Bills		8	4	0
Broncos		9	3	0
49ers		9	3	0
Raiders		10	2	0
Giants		10	2	0
Steelers	10	1	1
Colts		10	1	1
Buccs		11	1	0
Bears		11	1	0

Like always tied records are sorted alphabetically because I'm too lazy to do SoS calculations.

TheCrow

Thanks for winning mcneily, I won't feel safe until I actually clinch a playoff spot.

And don't worry Blumax, I only have 2 or 3 wins against teams with winning records. But I've also only lost to teams with winning records and by a combined 9 points. :(

champagne.jpg

bluemax

Banned
Thanks for winning mcneily, I won't feel safe until I actually clinch a playoff spot.

And don't worry Blumax, I only have 2 or 3 wins against teams with winning records. But I've also only lost to teams with winning records and by a combined 9 points. :(

I guess its just a sobering reality of where I'm at in terms of skill and team comp. I need a really good off season on defense/offensive line.

Also I close out against FMT, CB and Wellie. I know I've never beaten CB, and if I've ever beaten Wellie I can't remember, I lost to him in season 1. And I've probably already used up my allotment of victories over FMT for Madden 12.

7-9 :/

DCX

DCX
I'll assume that's PM, but yeah that works. See ya then.
Yea sorry for not clarifying. Big game for both of us. Win assures the head to head and it also gives me a win more than my 5-11 year last year.

Hoping to win out and have a chance. I'm amazed by my shitty qb play :( I might need to go back to my original book now that I have a renewed sense of coverages.

Even with the new awareness I take chances in decent reads. Last season I didn't read the D well but got by on screens and trickery so when it came to clutch downs I had no clue what to do.

Season 3 will hopefully bring better qb play and better run game.

DCX

Striker

Sorry Pheeniks I passed out last night around 11. I'll be around the afternoon today, if you're around get a hold of me on AIM. :)

Mrbob

My best buy this holiday season so far might be Sonic Generations off of Steam. Game is amazing. The 2D levels are fantastic, and even the 3D levels are decent too. Remixed and original music from the Genesis games. So good. Hooked on the game right now.

My best buy this holiday season so far might be Sonic Generations off of Steam. Game is amazing. The 2D levels are fantastic, and even the 3D levels are decent too. Remixed and original music from the Genesis games. So good. Hooked on the game right now.

When can you Madden me bro?

Ramirez

Didn't think I'd get enough stops.

And fuck your LBers. I don't want to see another post from you about your defense. If they weren't in the backfield they were taking away the entire middle of the field. And the one handed pick? Fuck that. I'm convinced elite LBers are the key in this game on defense.

Yes, my LBs are awesome, Foote being the only "weak" link, but he's still good. I just can't cover as well with him as I did Timmons last season. I've also become quick enough presnap to audible Harrison/Woodley into coverage more often since they rarely get pressure for me, makes passing a lot harder to do on me at times...

eznark

Banned

I'll get it for $5 someday

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I picked it up as well, but I've only played the first two levels. I love Sonic so I have no doubt that I'll get really into it.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
i have no words for what just happened.

By the way:
1. this is a sim league. no going for it every 4th down, no running the no-huddle all game, no abuse of whatever exploit this years game has. just be cool man

LiveWire

u mad you let Peter Tanico go 13/19 4TDs 0 INTs?

u mad?

I ran no huddle for parts of two drives, not all game. And if you wanna start quoting rules, how about you going on 4th and 5 on your own 34 with 1:45 left and two TOs in your pocket. Typical send everyone deep then scramble with Vick. Good thing you got some karma when Celek gets popped and fumbles to seal the Skins win.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
b. do not go for it in 4th down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are down by 2 scores or more OR it is your "final" drive

u mad

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
u mad you let Peter Tanico go 13/19 4TDs 0 INTs?

u mad?

I ran no huddle for parts of two drives, not all game. And if you wanna start quoting rules, how about you going on 4th and 5 on your own 34 with 1:45 left and two TOs in your pocket. Typical send everyone deep then scramble with Vick. Good thing you got some karma when Celek gets popped and fumbles to seal the Skins win.

It was my "final drive" less than 2 minutes to go with 2 TO's. am i not supposed to go for it? i wouldnt get the ball back with any kind of time.

Edit: and it was much closer to most parts of every drive. Ill await a ruling

DCX

DCX
Hate to chime in here but what is the end game CB? If he cheeses it up and broke rules does he sit Tanico for three games..or whoever qb1 is?

It only effects you becuase he just decreased your playoff chances by that game. He is prolly not in playoff contention to have him feel any sort of real punnishment unless we take draft picks.

DCX

eznark

Banned
I had no idea about the no-huddle rule. Weird. Teams run no-huddle all the time against fast defenses. How is that rule adding to the game being "sim like." Jim Kelly is pissed.

DCX

DCX
I had no idea about the no-huddle rule. Weird. Teams run no-huddle all the time against fast defenses. How is that rule adding to the game being "sim like." Jim Kelly is pissed.
You ran a lot of no huddle against me but I felt you thought you had me a a favorable defense set that you could exploit..

Now if what CB suggests is like 60% or more of the game then ya, issue.

DCX

Top Bottom