• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
When I played Livewire he ran no huddle on occasion after getting big plays or whatever but considering how thin his roster is its likely to hurt him more over the course of a game than it is to help him.

mik

mik is unbeatable
sticker,375x360.png

mik

mik is unbeatable
I think no-huddle is much less of an issue than it used to be. It's pretty easy now to get a new play called to cover up whatever your opponent was looking to exploit from the previous call. I don't think I've ever felt burned by no-huddle in Madden 12.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ive had ni huddle run on me here and there and i run it sometimes. Livewire ran it on me. We will have to get the council involved then!

i dont have general issue with no huddle. i might run it a couple plays through the game depending on the situation.

By 80% of the drive on 80% of your drives WHILE hot routing every damn WR and motioning people all over after every play just becomes unreasonable. its a nice way to screw up the defender logic. i dont even remember calling defensive plays in the play call screen.

I still should have won if Celek didnt F it all up. At the same time it was completely dumb and i would caution you guys if this is let go. Cause my team is the definition of the one that could exploit this shit all game. Ive got speed all over and i roll DEEP on weapons.

Edit: The reason i dont do it in the first place is because my offense flows nicely when im using it in 2 minute situations. that could be attributed to a rhythm i guess but guys seem to get pretty open in it

Mrbob

The only problem I see with running no huddle is injury. Having so many plays in a row tires out the defense, and they are the only players who seem to get hurt. Having to burn timeouts to try and protect your defensive players. Offensive players don't get hurt when tired.

Running no huddle isn't impossible to stop. Eznark ran 5 wide no huddle against me in our last game almost all game long and I still won by 20. I did have 3 players on defense go down during the game, though. Thankfully none of them sustained a major injury and were back the next week! Although a couple got hurt again in subsequent games and I'm missing a couple starters on d right now.

mik

mik is unbeatable
The only problem I see with running no huddle is injury. Having so many plays in a row tires out the defense, and they are the only players who seem to get hurt.
That is an excellent point and one I had not considered.

Striker

GG Pheeniks. Did a great job with Locker/Johnson, nobody on defense did anything to stop them. Really frustrating.

Three sacks again given up by my OL, two by my RG/RT.

RG Shawn Lauvao has six on the season with RT Oniel Cousins giving up four. Ugh, way too many.

eznark

Banned
Not content with being my GM, DCX now also wants to be my head coach.

Neat

I have so many injuries I have a WR on defense. And he promptly gets hurt.

Birdman02

Two more starters done for the year, and he wasn't even running no huddle!

Gg Bridgman.

GG man. The end of the 1st half was pretty ridiculous. I don''t know how that ball got to Cobb, but I got it back a couple of plays later since your safety didn't want to turn and run with Colston.

I just noticed my top 2 corners are down for the season....Porter might make it back in time for the playoffs if I'm able to get in.

Striker

I just noticed my top 2 corners are down for the season....Porter might make it back in time for the playoffs if I'm able to get in.
Man, I don't know what I would do if Haden went down. My other corners are either slow or run around the field like they are a headless chicken.

I've been tempted to move some bodies around on defense, and on my o-line, but the substitutes don't seem to offer me any improvements. Next game vs. Ram's ferocious LB's, going to be hilarious. :(

Birdman02

Man, I don't know what I would do if Haden went down. My other corners are either slow or run around the field like they are a headless chicken.

I've been tempted to move some bodies around on defense, and on my o-line, but the substitutes don't seem to offer me any improvements. Next game vs. Ram's ferocious LB's, going to be hilarious. :(

My backups have decent speed and coverage ratings, but they are as dumb as rocks. I have to try to make every play manually or they just watch shit happen. I should be able to make due in the secondary, but if I lose Vilma or Dickerson (who did go out for 1 play against eznark) at LB, then my defense will fall apart....much like last season when Vilma missed 5 weeks.

eznark

Banned
My backups have decent speed and coverage ratings, but they are as dumb as rocks. I have to try to make every play manually or they just watch shit happen. I should be able to make due in the secondary, but if I lose Vilma or Dickerson (who did go out for 1 play against eznark) at LB, then my defense will fall apart....much like last season when Vilma missed 5 weeks.

So many injuries that game, just absurd.

BigAT

G-Men clinched the NFC East tonight.

eli.jpg

Hopefully Bob or DM falls off a bit in the end of the season. Crazy that 14-2 could potentially not be good enough for a first round bye.

bluemax

Banned
Dat Wild Card Race:

AFC:
Broncos 9-3*
Chargers 7-6
Browns 7-6
Bengals 6-6*
Texans 6-6*
Chiefs 5-7*

NFC:
Eagles 7-6
Saints 7-6
Seahawks 7-6
Panthers 6-6*
Falcons 5-7*

*Has yet to play this week.

Remaining Matchups for the Week:
Broncos @ Raiders
Dolphins @ Bengals
Jaguars @ Texans
Chiefs @ Jets
Falcons @ Panthers

And that's ignoring the slight mathematical possibility of the 8 loss teams being still alive to a degree.

G-Men clinched the NFC East tonight.

eli.jpg

Hopefully Bob or DM falls off a bit in the end of the season. Crazy that 14-2 could potentially not be good enough for a first round bye.

we play in 2 weeks brah. gonna make it hard as possible on you to secure that bye! if i can't have one then you can't!

BigAT

we play in 2 weeks brah. gonna make it hard as possible on you to secure that bye! if i can't have one then you can't!

I realize that, I'm just thinking out loud. I don't have it penciled in as a win or anything, it's just crazy to me that even if I win out it might not be enough.

I have it inked in as a win. FreeMT.

I realize that, I'm just thinking out loud. I don't have it penciled in as a win or anything, it's just crazy to me that even if I win out it might not be enough.

I have it inked in as a win. FreeMT.

the ghost of alex smith will guide me to victory.... much as the real alex smith torched the real giants time and again this year!

TheCrow

The way madden handles defensive assignments with twins killed me. Sometimes champ will actually man up and other times my line backer will cover the wr. Bullshit like that ultimately led to me giving up two tds. And then the game decides to have my mlb cover his fastest wr while my 3rd cb covers mcfadden, great. It was a pretty good game besides that. gg

The way madden handles defensive assignments with twins killed me. Sometimes champ will actually man up and other times my line backer will cover the wr. Bullshit like that ultimately led to me giving up two tds. And then the game decides to have my mlb cover his fasted wr while my 3rd cb covers mcfadden, great. It was a pretty good game besides that. gg

i can't figure out what dictates the other CB following the inside receiver. sometimes it does it, sometimes it doesn't

CB3

The way madden handles defensive assignments with twins killed me. Sometimes champ will actually man up and other times my line backer will cover the wr. Bullshit like that ultimately led to me giving up two tds. And then the game decides to have my mlb cover his fastest wr while my 3rd cb covers mcfadden, great. It was a pretty good game besides that. gg

I wonder how many more posts like this it will take to have that shit abolished.

The way madden handles defensive assignments with twins killed me. Sometimes champ will actually man up and other times my line backer will cover the wr. Bullshit like that ultimately led to me giving up two tds. And then the game decides to have my mlb cover his fasted wr while my 3rd cb covers mcfadden, great. It was a pretty good game besides that. gg

yea it was a gg..maybe you should try to use the defensive assignments?

I wonder how many more posts like this it will take to have that shit abolished.

it's a little unrealistic to expect a ban on an entire formation. what if in the heat of the moment it slips your mind and you use it? does your opponent quit and then you restart the entire game? what if your opponent gets an INT on the play and then you remember you weren't supposed to use it, then you quit and say WELP i broke the rules it's over lets restart!

all we can do is just say don't abuse it and for the most part it hasn't been abused. it's run once in a while with varying success, just like all formations. it's not a 100% guarantee for success

TheCrow

yea it was a gg..maybe you should try to use the defensive assignments?
I did it right after you scored that first td, that was why I paused, but it didn't do shit since von miller would still cover brandon lloyd in the slot instead of champ. The biggest problem is that it makes me audible to a generic zone and that was how mcfadden scored his first td. It forces me to compenstate by taking the play call out of my hand.

CB3

it's a little unrealistic to expect a ban on an entire formation. what if in the heat of the moment it slips your mind and you use it? does your opponent quit and then you restart the entire game? what if your opponent gets an INT on the play and then you remember you weren't supposed to use it, then you quit and say WELP i broke the rules it's over lets restart!

all we can do is just say don't abuse it and for the most part it hasn't been abused. it's run once in a while with varying success, just like all formations. it's not a 100% guarantee for success

Your varying degrees of leniency on different rules has me confused.

So can i "accidently" user catch some things on offense and not be punished. its the same thing, right?

And still waiting on a ruling on no huddle. curious if i can abuse it too.

BigAT

Hey, it's me on August 30.

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT TWINS IS PROBLEMATIC???????????

CB3

Hey, it's me on August 30.

WHO WOULDA THOUGHT TWINS IS PROBLEMATIC???????????

Its the 3/4s of this league that doesnt use twins. Its the other 1/4 that use it that keep it in play.

Including the rule maker FMT

Ramirez

Let's ban draws while we're at it, they have about a 90% success rate, and usually end up looking identical blocking wise every time they're run.

I actually scored on a twins play last night because Haggans was covering Wallace, but he ran a twins play and Taylor was lined up on his inside WR, Madden defense, how does it work.

things to ban:

- trips
- twins
- draws
- screens
- multiple hot routes
- hurry up offense
- manual catching
- manual secondary play
- defensive line play
- tosses
- double tight end sets
- manual blitzing
- dropping back too far with the qb
- rolling out of the pocket too quickly
- running too much with the qb

am i missing anything?

DMczaf

things to ban:

- trips
- twins
- draws
- screens
- multiple hot routes
- hurry up offense
- manual catching
- manual secondary play
- defensive line play
- tosses
- double tight end sets
- manual blitzing

am i missing anything?

Turn off injuries

CB3

things to ban:

- trips
- twins
- draws
- screens
- multiple hot routes
- hurry up offense
- manual catching
- manual secondary play
- defensive line play
- tosses
- double tight end sets
- manual blitzing

am i missing anything?

DEFENSE FORCE ASSEMBLE
Turn off injuries

That should stay on. And thats coming from someone thats been completely fucking ravaged by the broken collarbone epidemic this year.

TheCrow

Out of that list there is only one that has actually been an issue. If only I could sub in cbs at line backer. :/

p.s it's twins

Ramirez

And here they come!

I really don't use it nearly as much as I did last season. I would change playbooks, but really, that's a pretty big disadvantage to put myself in at this point in the season.

Twins didn't stop DM from stomping a mudhole in me in the SB.

Top Bottom