• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

TheCrow

Let's hurry up and get this season over. I just want to draft and see who hits free agency.

btw Lesner is so damn soft. Uvereem is the real deal.
arianny-overeem.gif

Trasher

GG, Trasher. That was a weird one--fumbles and big plays and last-second oddities.

Really strange game lol. Gg dude. I made some hilariously bad throws. Shoulda stuck to my run game more although I would have pulled it out if Sanders didn't drop that pass at the end. Oh well!

LukeSmith

Right back at you

Nightz I'm in Kellers void in the gaf empire guild. Kind of thinking I want to do a pvp character though.

Leave those carebear, PVE douchers. What's the fun of an MMO if the other faction can't fuck up your night by donging on you while you're trying to quest (or more importantly, vice versa)

Come to Infinite Empire, Empire side.

I'll even create a guild for you: Racist Tear

DCX

DCX
Dallas VS St Louis
Tampa Bay VS Indy

Are these getting done sometime tonight? Gold, would you be around tonight or going out?

Also, Jets are 9 million over the cap. Hate to keep bringing this up but i think Jets owner needs to address this.

DCX

daw840

Dallas VS St Louis
Tampa Bay VS Indy

Are these getting done sometime tonight? Gold, would you be around tonight or going out?

Also, Jets are 9 million over the cap. Hate to keep bringing this up but i think Jets owner needs to address this.

DCX

Holy crap! I play him today too!

eznark

Banned
Leave those carebear, PVE douchers. What's the fun of an MMO if the other faction can't fuck up your night by donging on you while you're trying to quest (or more importantly, vice versa)

Come to Infinite Empire, Empire side.

I'll even create a guild for you: Racist Tear

Cool I'll start a character on there and check it out. PvE in dcuo I preferred just because it was so cramped. This is a much larger game.

any chance we vance before tonight so i could get my game in?

in other news, Rage is the shit. besides the ugly textures here and there and some texture pop-in, the game is A+ quality. the gunplay is awesome and there are just enough "rpg" elements (minor upgrades and such) without bogging the game down. definitely worth $15! the dead city level also kind of reminded me of ravenholm in half life 2..... not because it was at night or anything but there was kind of a survival horror vibe to it

something is up with the cap shit. last week it said i had $4 mil available. now it says i have $100k available. wtf? i have no idea whats going on. lets not jump to conclusions when it could be a LM issue

bluemax

Banned

in other news, Rage is the shit. besides the ugly textures here and there and some texture pop-in, the game is A+ quality. the gunplay is awesome and there are just enough "rpg" elements (minor upgrades and such) without bogging the game down. definitely worth $15! the dead city level also kind of reminded me of ravenholm in half life 2..... not because it was at night or anything but there was kind of a survival horror vibe to it

Well it sounds like Jets and Chiefs is in progress, and Levious can either play the AI/sim/play a replacement, so that just leaves Fearless Leader and Zeeshan.

daw840

It really is no fun to get embarassed by what is basically a random online player.

I don't know this guy, he never posts in the thread.
He runs up the score
He's 9 mil over the cap
He rushes with LBs

Mrbob

Well it sounds like Jets and Chiefs is in progress, and Levious can either play the AI/sim/play a replacement, so that just leaves Fearless Leader and Zeeshan.

DM already crushed Luke, so that game is done!

Mr Raiders man I can't play tonight, but I can play tomorrow night after Sunday Night Football.

Ferny

Hold up....

I didn't run up the score at all. None of those INTs were user controlled at all. I ran the ball like 25 times trying to get the clock down as much as possible. I played you last season and the game was fine. I have never run up the score. That INT you threw from in your own endzone was the only questionable thing I did when it comes to running up the score. I never once rushed your QB with my LB either.

I was 100k under the cap when this season started so how it jumped to 9 mill I do not know.

Just because you had a bad game don't come starting shit now when no one else in the league had a problem with playing me.

there is definitely something up with the cap because it fluctuates at random and i'm not sure why. there is no way ferny has been 9 mil over the cap because i checked everything before the season started and no one was over. even if you take into account unsigned rookies (and all rookies were already signed, i checked) that wouldn't equal 9 mil. lets not go on witch hunts here!

eznark

Banned
there is definitely something up with the cap because it fluctuates at random and i'm not sure why. there is no way ferny has been 9 mil over the cap because i checked everything before the season started and no one was over. even if you take into account unsigned rookies (and all rookies were already signed, i checked) that wouldn't equal 9 mil. lets not go on witch hunts here!

Mine is jumping all over on a per week basis. I just assume DCX is making more personnel decisions for me.

Ramirez

It really is no fun to get embarassed by what is basically a random online player.

I don't know this guy, he never posts in the thread.
He runs up the score
He's 9 mil over the cap
He rushes with LBs

I had no problem with the way he played...other than having 2 OP CB's. :p

STRIKER, when do we dance?

Mrbob

Bought it when it was first up on PSN. Finished it in about 6 hours, great game. Side scrolling Portal with some shooting alongside puzzle elements. Digital download hidden gem this year for me.

DCX

DCX
Mine is jumping all over on a per week basis. I just assume DCX is making more personnel decisions for me.
I haven't touched anything. He was 4 million over and now 9. I have no clue what is going on.

No way is he signing players over the cap, it just seems like its just fluctuated by itself.

DCX

I haven't touched anything. He was 4 million over and now 9. I have no clue what is going on.

No way is he signing players over the cap, it just seems like its just fluctuated by itself.

DCX

i said this from the beginning. i noticed it with my own team and now it's happening to others. i'm not sure!

there is a new "patch" button on the admin that comments on fixing some contract issue. maybe we should do that?

Fucking right it is the shit. Been digging it lot. The Dead City was kind of scary, though. I felt on edge with the mutants, especially the spitter ones. And then you had
that RE4 like ogre guy just throwing punches at random spots throughout it before you fought him? Fucking nuts!
I've been running through all of the Wellspring side quests and they have been pretty cool so far. The sniping ones of the board aren't as dull as I thought!

And when are we advancing? I might be able to play if we advance soon, DCX!

DCX

i would have earlier when I was asking, kind of too late now. Don't wait on me.

sorry broham :(

gg blue. felt like my guys were sticking to your receivers like glue, completely different than the first game but i played a lot of man this game (vs. zone last game). thought your guys had me beat a few times deep but kaiser over threw it.

and i don't know what's gotten into gore lately but he had another good game!

bluemax

Banned
I hate this game so much. I wish I had players that broke tackles. I wish the ball would go where I told it to when I press the button. I wish I could play manual defense and run a safety that's 20 yards deep and still manage to tackle the RB before he gets to the line of scrimmage.

I should join a different league, I don't have the skills to compete in this one.

sorry broham :(

gg blue. felt like my guys were sticking to your receivers like glue, completely different than the first game but i played a lot of man this game (vs. zone last game). thought your guys had me beat a few times deep but kaiser over threw it.

and i don't know what's gotten into gore lately but he had another good game!

Rocket Arm and no deep accuracy. Deep completions are a total lottery for me. Two straight games where Mike Williams has no catches. The slant route that has been there most of the season once again just wasn't there. And trying to shut down Gore with Brandon Mebane out for the entire game and Clark Hagans as a LBer is impossible.

I hate this game so much. I wish I had players that broke tackles. I wish the ball would go where I told it to when I press the button. I wish I could play manual defense and run a safety that's 20 yards deep and still manage to tackle the RB before he gets to the line of scrimmage.

I should join a different league, I don't have the skills to compete in this one.

Rocket Arm and no deep accuracy. Deep completions are a total lottery for me. Two straight games where Mike Williams has no catches. The slant route that has been there most of the season once again just wasn't there. And trying to shut down Gore with Brandon Mebane out for the entire game and Clark Hagans as a LBer is impossible.
ok mr bob thats cool... the most important thing with manual safety is understanding your team and what the other players can do if you have decent cb's you gotta be cautious if the other user has great wr's cause they can just exploit those cbs somehow if you have great cbs I would play more the run and the middle of the field with the safety than worry too much about pass cause most times the cbs can hold their own according to which play you call.

bluemax

Banned
ok mr bob thats cool... the most important thing with manual safety is understanding your team and what the other players can do if you have decent cb's you gotta be cautious if the other user has great wr's cause they can just exploit those cbs somehow if you have great cbs I would play more the run and the middle of the field with the safety than worry too much about pass cause most times the cbs can hold their own according to which play you call.

My corners are slow as shit, so playing manual safety would just be asking to get burned deep. Doesn't really matter because my run defense is so garbage I don't even know what to do now. If I blitz then the miss the tackle and its a big gain. If I don't blitz its 4-5 yards easy up the middle. Gotta upgrade my LBers this offseason.

sometimes the good players in this game just get in a zone and its impossible to bring them down. happened to me last season a couple times against deangelo williams and steven jackson.

i actually thought your D was pretty good in the first half. i mean the score was 10-7 at halftime and you had 2 picks so it wasn't that bad but then i went back to the run and it was a bloodbath. seemed like your LB's (didn't know if it was you or the AI) were REALLY overpursuing to one side so i would just have a cutback lane there and no lb's were around. your pass D was pretty stout and i had to settle for a lot of short stuff.

on the one INT before the half i could have SWORN your LB was in man coverage and started to follow VD, which opened up an easy completion to crabtree underneath but then the LB at the last second just dropped off and got the pick! i wanted to look at the replay but i forgot

Top Bottom