• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Trasher

DCX, I can play after the Matt Flynn show

Matt Flynn and the Packups gonna clown your sorry ass.

I just can't believe Mccarthy is going to risk hurting Flynn. Gonna be tough in the playoffs if he goes down!

Trying to keep his value down, make it easier to resign him in the off-season. Toss him out there in the wind and snow and hope it makes the receivers slip and fall and drop his perfect throws.

I'm taking notes and sending an email to the Lions head brass to let them know how to run a franchise. Future success is coming our way!

This is pretty hysterical after the fact.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Last day of the steam sale, anything worth a grab? I got Orcs Must Die earlier, is that any good? I may get Dead Space 2 while it's $10 as well, even tho I haven't played the first.

Trasher: sorry bro I have not been home/been hung over. I'm around most of the day tomorrow an will be home early Tuesday

bluemax

Banned
Last day of the steam sale, anything worth a grab? I got Orcs Must Die earlier, is that any good? I may get Dead Space 2 while it's $10 as well, even tho I haven't played the first.

Trasher: sorry bro I have not been home/been hung over. I'm around most of the day tomorrow an will be home early Tuesday

Dead Space 2 was $5 a couple of times, $10 is practically an insult.

BigAT

You should pick up Dota 2, it's pretty good.

:trollface

bluemax

Banned
I actually told Milabrega to give you an invite Eznark since he said he had another one the other day. If I ever get any more I'll pass them along.

Jesus, sorry I've been away since Friday morning.

So, I have bad news, but it must seem pretty obvious lately:
I think that I'm going to resign from the Madden-Gaf Franchise. It was fun, but I got a new job recently, and between my roommate playing Skyrim on my 360 and my new schedule commuting, I just don't have the time to keep up with it on schedule. In the fall, I knew my schedule and I'd usually be home at 5pm EST, but now I'm getting home at ~7ish and I'm exhausted.

So, I'm sad to say and it's shitty timing mid-season, although I didn't see this job opportunity a few months ago (literally popped up over the course of three weeks, an old boss contact me and told me they were considering making a position that would be perfect for me. Rest assured, if you are sad about this, I'm making bank).

League was fun... it was a blast to finally get into a consistent franchise that can successfully get through a season. I had a great time and I'm sad to go, but I just can't keep up anymore and being dead tired getting home from work doing anything but watching Sopranos reruns is exhausting.

Anyway, best of luck, sorry for the horrible timing of course. I'm a bad dude :/

TheCrow

I think that I'm going to resign from the Madden-Gaf Franchise. It was fun, but I got a new job recently, and between my roommate playing Skyrim on my 360 and my new schedule commuting, I just don't have the time to keep up with it on schedule. In the fall, I knew my schedule and I'd usually be home at 5pm EST, but now I'm getting home at ~7ish and I'm exhausted.

So, I'm sad to say and it's shitty timing mid-season, although I didn't see this job opportunity a few months ago (literally popped up over the course of three weeks, an old boss contact me and told me they were considering making a position that would be perfect for me. Rest assured, if you are sad about this, I'm making bank).

League was fun... it was a blast to finally get into a consistent franchise that can successfully get through a season. I had a great time and I'm sad to go, but I just can't keep up anymore and being dead tired getting home from work doing anything but watching Sopranos reruns is exhausting.

Anyway, best of luck, sorry for the horrible timing of course. I'm a bad dude :/

Hope everything goes well with you new job. Don't think I ever played you but hopefully I get a chance in Madden 13. And I almost beat FMT for you but I Fitz came up a couple yards short as time expired.

Now can we switch mmk to the Cardinals?

bluemax

Banned

I will miss you and our entertaining and close rivalry!

Hope everything goes well with you new job. Don't think I ever played you but hopefully I get a chance in Madden 13. And I almost beat FMT for you but I Fitz came up a couple yards short as time expired.

Now can we switch mmk to the Cardinals?

No I think he's good with the Raiders.

Bring Astro back!

Have fun with the new job, Albatross!

What happened to Astro anyhow?

Mrbob

Whelp, going to have to win my last two now to try and get a bye!

My receivers and defense abandoned me that game. My rookie draft pick let a dime bounce onto his head that would have been a huge play. Forte dropped a wide open dump off pass for a TD. Then in the second quarter I made a sweet manual int with Urlacher and he got hurt on the play! Out for 3 damn weeks now. No Peppers, no urlacher, my defense was swiss cheese after. My damn defense can't stay healthy limping down the stretch.

I'm done with the league. I'm not having fun anymore and playing my games feels like a chore. I'll probably never play in a Madden-GAF league again, too much going on in my life.

DCX

DCX
I'm done with the league. I'm not having fun anymore and playing my games feels like a chore. I'll probably never play in a Madden-GAF league again, too much going on in my life.

sorry to hear that bro. hope life stabilizes for you. hopefully a Falcons playoff win will help :)

DCX

DMczaf

H0ImT.gif

Mrbob

FMT, I'll be rooting for you to beat AT next week friend! If you beat AT and after I beat DM I'm pretty sure I lock a bye!

Of course now that my spy is hurt Fatty is going to run all over me. Contemplating just resting my current starting defense until the post season! I should have everyone back by the Wild Card round and be at full strength. I keep thinning out every week playing my starters down the stretch. Might as well try to keep them healthy for the important second season!

The good news is that my ex-wife is moving away and I have custody of my son now. Two kids, all of their activities, wife going to school and working, combined with my job is just too much right now to spend the only free time I get trying to play league games.

Its not fair to me or anyone else in the league.

bluemax

Banned

I'm really bummed to hear this bro, I know you've kind of felt this way for awhile though. I really enjoyed our games over the past couple of years, yeah we may have both been bottom feeders but our contests were as competitive and entertaining as any multiplayer gaming experience I've ever had.

I give you a lot of credit for sticking it out as the horrible Rams for so many years. They have to have been one of the top 3 most depressing teams to play as in Madden for about 5 years now.

Good luck and best wishes down the road Story, I will miss you.

PS, I'm sad I'll never get a chance to make up for the fact that I'm 0-3 against you this year!

The good news is that my ex-wife is moving away and I have custody of my son now. Two kids, all of their activities, wife going to school and working, combined with my job is just too much right now to spend the only free time I get trying to play league games.

Its not fair to me or anyone else in the league.

Totally understandable bro. Glad to hear you have custody of your son, hope all works out for you!

daw840

Drizz, it might be a little later than that if that's OK with you. Not much, but I'm eating lunch with a buddy of mine.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FMT chessing the NFC West into submission as always. its the first division to fall every year!

Birdman02

Smokey, can you play our game tonight around 10 est?

Sad to see we lost 2 more guys. Sorry to see you guys go. Hope everything works out for you, Story and Tross.

bluemax

Banned
Draft standings update:

Code:
Jaguars		0	13	0
Cowboys		3	10	0
Dolphins	3	10	0
Lions		3	10	0
Patriots	3	10	0
Ravens		3	10	0
Cardinals	4	9	0
Packers		4	9	0
Rams		4	9	0
Vikings		4	9	0
Chiefs		5	8	0
Jets		5	8	0
Redskins	5	8	0
Titans		5	8	0
Falcons		6	7	0
Panthers	6	7	0
Bengals		7	6	0
Texans		7	6	0
Browns		7	6	0
Chargers	7	6	0
Eagles		7	6	0
Saints		7	6	0
Seahawks	7	6	0
Bills		9	4	0
Broncos		9	4	0
49ers		10	3	0
Colts		10	2	1
Raiders		11	2	0
Giants		11	2	0
Steelers	11	1	1
Buccs		12	1	0
Bears		12	1	0

With 1 more loss the Jaguars will clinch the #1 over all pick. Once the regular season is done I will try and do SoS so that we can see the actual draft order before the draft happens.

Top Bottom