• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
Fucking right it is the shit. Been digging it lot. The Dead City was kind of scary, though. I felt on edge with the mutants, especially the spitter ones. And then you had
that RE4 like ogre guy just throwing punches at random spots throughout it before you fought him? Fucking nuts!
I've been running through all of the Wellspring side quests and they have been pretty cool so far. The sniping ones of the board aren't as dull as I thought!

And when are we advancing? I might be able to play if we advance soon, DCX!

DCX

Still around?

DCX

bluemax

Banned
sometimes the good players in this game just get in a zone and its impossible to bring them down. happened to me last season a couple times against deangelo williams and steven jackson.

i actually thought your D was pretty good in the first half. i mean the score was 10-7 at halftime and you had 2 picks so it wasn't that bad but then i went back to the run and it was a bloodbath. seemed like your LB's (didn't know if it was you or the AI) were REALLY overpursuing to one side so i would just have a cutback lane there and no lb's were around. your pass D was pretty stout and i had to settle for a lot of short stuff.

on the one INT before the half i could have SWORN your LB was in man coverage and started to follow VD, which opened up an easy completion to crabtree underneath but then the LB at the last second just dropped off and got the pick! i wanted to look at the replay but i forgot

The same thing happens to me every game with my LBers, if they make it to the back field they miss the tackle. If they don't they probably over pursued to the wrong side and I'm left with a corner and a safety to make a stop. I don't know if its the LBers or the plays I call. I have a lot of those 4-3 fronts that overload to one side, so maybe that is it?

I don't even know what was up with INTs in this game. On one I threw it didn't go remotely close to the player whose button I pushed. It was like I had T-Jack back in the game. Just dog shit all around.

The same thing happens to me every game with my LBers, if they make it to the back field they miss the tackle. If they don't they probably over pursued to the wrong side and I'm left with a corner and a safety to make a stop. I don't know if its the LBers or the plays I call. I have a lot of those 4-3 fronts that overload to one side, so maybe that is it?

I don't even know what was up with INTs in this game. On one I threw it didn't go remotely close to the player whose button I pushed. It was like I had T-Jack back in the game. Just dog shit all around.

well i would recommend looking into a switch to a 3-4. i love the 3-4, it gives you a lot of versatality. it's really hard for people to get outside on you and you can disguise some stuff as well.

the problem with running the 3-4 is that you obviously need to have good LB's in the middle. you can get away with a designated "blitz" LB on the outside and not have to worry too much about his coverage skills but if you are garbage in the middle then it will be tough. i'm lucky to have pwill!

as for the playcalling, i think sometimes you get in a frame of mind where you need to make a tackle for a loss and then you start going all out. well, in my experience its not really worth the risk. when i've gotten in trouble in the game it's when i start blitzing wrecklessly and then people get behind me. there's no shame in allowing a 3 yard gain on 1st, 4 yard on 2nd, and then rolling the dice on a 3rd and short.

your pass defense is actually pretty good. not only in the secondary but you sacked me 4 or 5 times as well. maybe you can fill your LB deficiency through the draft.... or FA!

AFC
Steelers (11-1) CLE, TEN, @STL
Raiders (11-2) @CHI, @DEN, SD
Colts (10-3) CAR, @MIA
Bills (9-4) JAX, @SD, @NE

Broncos (9-4) @NYJ, OAK, CHI
Texans (7-6) NO, ATL, @JAX
Browns (7-6)@PIT, JAX, @BAL
*Bengals (7-6) BAL, STL, @SEA
*Chargers (7-6) @NE, BUF, @OAK
*Titans (6-8) @PIT, TB
Jets (5-8) DEN, MIA, PHI
*Chiefs (5-8) MIA, MIN, @GB

NFC
Buccaneers (13-1) CHI, @TEN
Bears (12-1) OAK, @TB, @DEN
Giants (11-2) @STL, @SF, @WSH
49ers (11-3)
NYG, @DAL

Eagles (7-6) @ARZ, @SEA, @NYJ
Saints (7-6) @HOU, DET, @CAR
Seahawks (7-7) PHI, CIN
*Falcons (6-7) DET, @HOU, @MIN
*Panthers (6-8) @IND, NO
*Redskins (5-8) DAL, @NE, NYG
Vikings (4-9) @GB, @KC, ATL
*Packerss (4-9) MIN, DAL, KC
*Rams (4-9) NYG, @CIN, PIT
*Cardinals (4-9) PHI, @BAL, DET

Bolded have clinched their divisions.
Asterisks are currently 3rd or 4th in their divisions and need a hail mary and the on-side kick.

What's your schedule gonna be looking like these next few days daw?

2 weeks left into the season and somehow I'm still in the playoff race but require miracles, lol. at least I have lasted this far into the season!

McNei1y

Happy New Years Madden-GAF!!

Eznark, I play you this week. I'm free all day today, tomorrow, and tuesday. I'll probably be ready to play sometime in the afternoon if you want to get it in today.

eznark

Banned
Happy New Years Madden-GAF!!

Eznark, I play you this week. I'm free all day today, tomorrow, and tuesday. I'll probably be ready to play sometime in the afternoon if you want to get it in today.

I can play anytime before the games start or after the night game.

Tomorrow is bowl games all day do I doubt I'll be able to play much tomorrow til after the Rose.

Nightz

GG man. It was pretty close in the first half until you went all Tom Brady (Madden Brady, not real Brady) on me. Sorry for taking that last pick back for a TD. It was open and I couldn't resist.

Reggie Smith, Bob Sanders' replacement: 4 picks, 1 TD, 1 injury

Sanjuro

GG man. It was pretty close in the first half until you went all Tom Brady (Madden Brady, not real Brady) on me. Sorry for taking that last pick back for a TD. It was open and I couldn't resist.

Reggie Smith, Bob Sanders' replacement: 4 picks, 1 TD, 1 injury

Yeah, I had some lag early in the game which drove me nuts. That second TD pass you lofted I couldn't get my guy to do anything.

McNei1y

good game there eznark. It feels good to not really care about a loss since either way was a win-win this late in the season. Fucking snow though! AP with three fumbles.

eznark

Banned
good game there eznark. It feels good to not really care about a loss since either way was a win-win this late in the season. Fucking snow though! AP with three fumbles.

I almost quit when my 4th string RB (all I have left) fumbled that time.

eznark

Banned
I just can't believe Mccarthy is going to risk hurting Flynn. Gonna be tough in the playoffs if he goes down!

Trying to keep his value down, make it easier to resign him in the off-season. Toss him out there in the wind and snow and hope it makes the receivers slip and fall and drop his perfect throws.

Trying to keep his value down, make it easier to resign him in the off-season. Toss him out there in the wind and snow and hope it makes the receivers slip and fall and drop his perfect throws.

I'm taking notes and sending an email to the Lions head brass to let them know how to run a franchise. Future success is coming our way!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I think the ball carriers slip out of my TFLs all day. I need at least 2 guys back there or it won't work, especially when I am back there manually. I never have given it much thought, especially since... well my schedule has Deangelo Williams, Peyton Hillis, Mendenhall, Ray Rice, Frank Gore, Noel Devine etc. Like a superstar set of RBs. -_-

Hell, last game Drizzler QB escaped Dunlap's grasp on one play.

daw840

AFC
Steelers (11-1) CLE, TEN, @STL
Raiders (11-2) @CHI, @DEN, SD
Colts (10-3) CAR, @MIA
Bills (9-4) JAX, @SD, @NE

Broncos (9-4) @NYJ, OAK, CHI
Texans (7-6) NO, ATL, @JAX
Browns (7-6)@PIT, JAX, @BAL
*Bengals (7-6) BAL, STL, @SEA
*Chargers (7-6) @NE, BUF, @OAK
*Titans (6-8) @PIT, TB
Jets (5-8) DEN, MIA, PHI
*Chiefs (5-8) MIA, MIN, @GB

NFC
Buccaneers (13-1) CHI, @TEN
Bears (12-1) OAK, @TB, @DEN
Giants (11-2) @STL, @SF, @WSH
49ers (11-3)
NYG, @DAL

Eagles (7-6) @ARZ, @SEA, @NYJ
Saints (7-6) @HOU, DET, @CAR
Seahawks (7-7) PHI, CIN
*Falcons (6-7) DET, @HOU, @MIN
*Panthers (6-8) @IND, NO
*Redskins (5-8) DAL, @NE, NYG
Vikings (4-9) @GB, @KC, ATL
*Packerss (4-9) MIN, DAL, KC
*Rams (4-9) NYG, @CIN, PIT
*Cardinals (4-9) PHI, @BAL, DET

Bolded have clinched their divisions.
Asterisks are currently 3rd or 4th in their divisions and need a hail mary and the on-side kick.

What's your schedule gonna be looking like these next few days daw?
I'm around all day tomorrow

DCX

DCX
Falcons out.. teleporting ints and just the worse called defensive game :( Oh well, .500 left to play for and i get Berry back. Wonder what my D would have been with him all year :(

DCX

GG DCX

Some bad decisions throwing the ball and some tough breaks spelled your doom. Didn't appreciate you going for it on 4th down in the 2nd quarter on your side of the field, but I guess that INT was justice for it

Also didn't help your d-line got absolutely no pressure on me. I had all day to throw

DCX

DCX
GG DCX

Some bad decisions throwing the ball and some tough breaks spelled your doom. Didn't appreciate you going for it on 4th down in the 2nd quarter on your side of the field, but I guess that INT was justice for it

Also didn't help your d-line got absolutely no pressure on me. I had all day to throw

my side of the field was the 49 yard down 21-0. I wasn't punting there. No one in the league would. No disrespect.

DCX

Top Bottom