• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

well damn son

good luck with whatever!

To be fair that sentiment is based off a couple of things, son starts playing high school football next year and my daughter does cheerleading so it will be hard for me to work around both of those along with all of the other stuff.

Secondly, unless Madden 13 is a drastic change from this year's (unlikely to happen in just one year of new blood), I just can't see myself enjoying it anymore than this years game.

I wouldn't mind getting some random games in here and there when the mood strikes me though.

If, like in NCAA, Madden has options like autopilot, a somewhat dependable CPU opponent to sub in for me when I just can't get my game done or draft or sign free agents, I might reconsider.

Smokey

Smokey, can you play our game tonight around 10 est?

Sad to see we lost 2 more guys. Sorry to see you guys go. Hope everything works out for you, Story and Tross.

yessir

To be fair that sentiment is based off a couple of things, son starts playing high school football next year and my daughter does cheerleading so it will be hard for me to work around both of those along with all of the other stuff.

Secondly, unless Madden 13 is a drastic change from this year's (unlikely to happen in just one year of new blood), I just can't see myself enjoying it anymore than this years game.

I wouldn't mind getting some random games in here and there when the mood strikes me though.

If, like in NCAA, Madden has options like autopilot, a somewhat dependable CPU opponent to sub in for me when I just can't get my game done or draft or sign free agents, I might reconsider.

no worries, sounds like you do have a lot on your plate.

dog-puppy-with-sandy-lop-baby-rabbits.jpg

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, I'm online.

GG Daw, Up 2 points and I throw a pick in the red zone on 3rd and 7 so he can drive down the field and kick the game winning field goal. I should've audibled back to the draw which originally was, when I noticed you weren't switched your nickelback over as I am running out the clock I call an audible and once I do that you move the nickelback over, so I tried to get it to Marshall in double coverage instead. : \

McNei1y

Sorry to hear that Story. I'd like to see yah back in the league. While I don't think I've ever played you the past two years, I want to get the chance!

well we have a couple open spots so i'll start scouting around for potential new league members. if you guys know anyone so see anyone with interest around gaf send them this way!

Ramirez

well we have a couple open spots so i'll start scouting around for potential new league members. if you guys know anyone so see anyone with interest around gaf send them this way!

Post a thread in gaming...

GG Striker.

I should have uploaded that Mendenhall run, I've never hit a hole so beautifully.

Striker

GG Ram.

It was one of those games at Heinz Field. Ball morphing through Greg Little so Head & Shoulders can pick it off, but the ball glides through Lofa Tatupu's user pick and the receiver gets it anyway. User picking is so half assed it seems; Ben tosses a floater to FS Dearies Justice and he just drops it. Nobody was touching him, and it was the softest pass he could have caught.

Oh well, wouldn't matter. LB's can't stop the pass or run. Every game I face Pittsburgh Mendenhall is always racing off down the field. I probably have the worst set of LB's in the league - never checked, but I imagine I do. :\

Ramirez

Yea, the floater should have been picked, it shouldn't have been a floater though, Brown was running a streak after his first move so I have no idea why Ben lofted it up instead of leading it. I can't throw deep with him. :|

Antonio Brown emerging as a legitimate Madden weapon! Wish I had his up to date ratings. :p

bluemax

Banned
bluemax said:
Jaguars 0 13 0*
Dolphins 3 11 0
Patriots 3 11 0
Cowboys 3 10 0*
Ravens 3 10 0*
Cardinals 4 10 0
Lions 4 10 0
Rams 4 10 0
Vikings 4 10 0
Packers 5 9 0
Jets 5 8 0*
Redskins 5 8 0*
Chiefs 6 8 0
Falcons 6 8 0
Panthers 6 8 0
Titans 6 8 0
Seahawks 7 7 0
Bengals 7 6 0*
Texans 7 6 0*
Browns 7 7 0
Saints 7 6 0*
Chargers 8 6 0
Eagles 8 6 0
Bills 9 4 0*
Broncos 9 4 0*
49ers 11 3 0
Colts 10 3 1
Raiders 12 2 0
Giants 12 2 0
Steelers 12 1 1
Buccs 13 1 0
Bears 12 2 0
*Has yet to play week 15 game

AFC Division Leaders: Bills, Steelers, Colts, Raiders
Wild Cards: Broncos, Chargers
In the Hunt: Browns, Bengals, Texans

Round 1: Bengals vs Raiders, Bills vs Broncos

NFC Division Leaders: Giants, Bears, Buccs, 49ers
Wild Cards: Eagles, Saints
In the Hunt: Seahawks, Falcons, Panthers

Remaining Games for Wild Card Contenders:

Chargers: Bills, @Raiders
Broncos: @Jets, Raiders, Bears
Bengals: @Ravens, Rams, @Seahawks
Browns: Jaguars, @Ravens
Texans: Saints, Falcons, @Jaguars
Eagles: @Seahawks, @Jets
Saints: @Texans, Lions, @Panthers
Seahawks: Eagles, Bengals
Panthers: @Colts, Saints
Falcons: @Texans, @Vikings

Broncos just need to win one more and they are likely in. Chargers, Texans and Browns need to win out and hope the other two lose at least once. Browns need to win out and hope the above 3 lose twice (once to have a shot, twice to be secure).

In the NFC Eagles need to win one more to lock up their spot. If the Saints win out they are in. Seahawks need Saints to lose at least once more and to win out.

Most likely scenarios are Broncos, Texans, Eagles and Saints.

GG mik,

another boneheaded pick, another loss

smh

Did you user pick that? Didn't expect the guy to jump the route like that at all. Good shit if that was you! I guess i should have played smart and punted it away late in the forth and see what happens in overtime but I'm winless... i really wanted this one. Sorry if that cheese annoyed you.

1 win would feel like a superbowl victory right now :/

mik

mik is unbeatable
GG. That was a CPU pick—I definitely don't have those kind of reflexes. That was the difference for sure, because I couldn't do shit in the second half.

Totally understand that 4th down gamble. I probably wouldn't have played for OT in your situation either.

Striker

Either team would be good considering the draft but Cards seem to have more talent.

DCX
Cards definitely because of Fitzgerald, Deangelo Williams, and Patrick Peterson.

As for my playoff chances, all but gone. Right now just hoping I can land something in the draft or FA to help the defense.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Been trying to think where Madden as a whole can go. The game in it's current incarnation is very good, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to see some innovation. My favorite thing of course is calling defenses and coming up with a gameplan to stop opposing offenses. The volume of defensive plays that I call are probably three times what I call on offense (six!). The gameplanning and scouting features could have been good, they were just poorly implemented and don't really add anything to the game. I'd really like to see that expanded.

bluemax

Banned
Been trying to think where Madden as a whole can go. The game in it's current incarnation is very good, don't get me wrong, but I'd like to see some innovation. My favorite thing of course is calling defenses and coming up with a gameplan to stop opposing offenses. The volume of defensive plays that I call are probably three times what I call on offense (six!). The gameplanning and scouting features could have been good, they were just poorly implemented and don't really add anything to the game. I'd really like to see that expanded.

Better defensive AI, better animations, better physics.

Top Bottom