• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Mrbob

I salute Storybrook for standing up against Madden garbage. If the rest of us had this will power perhaps the game wouldn't be trash year in and year out.

bluemax

Banned
Always this. I really want Madden to be different. This is becoming like Street Fighter 2. No matter how many are released a fireball is always a fireball :/

DCX

Different how? I mean its a sports game with a 12 month dev cycle. The real life game of football hasn't changed much over the years other than play styles.

They do need to rebuild the game engine, new AI logic, new physics would both go a long way to making the game fresh.

Spectator mode would also be awesome.

If there's still an opening, I'm interested to play as either of your open teams.

welcome our two new members, Colsante (rams) and splat (cards)!

in splats case, he is going to try the league out. he works from 10am - 8pm pst 5 days a week so i'm hoping we can accomodate getting the games in.

ask any questions if you guys have it regarding signing in or league manager or anything else!

DCX

DCX
Different how? I mean its a sports game with a 12 month dev cycle. The real life game of football hasn't changed much over the years other than play styles.

They do need to rebuild the game engine, new AI logic, new physics would both go a long way to making the game fresh.

Spectator mode would also be awesome.

PlgQU.gif

you crazy Blue, you still mah boy

DCX

DCX

DCX
welcome our two new members, Colsante (rams) and splat (cards)!

in splats case, he is going to try the league out. he works from 10am - 8pm pst 5 days a week so i'm hoping we can accomodate getting the games in.

ask any questions if you guys have it regarding signing in or league manager or anything else!

Welcome bros. I have a few trade proposals, will be talking soon ;)

DCX

GCQuinton

It'll probably never happen, but I've always wished for the ability to transfer franchises/dynasties over to the next year's game for both Madden and NCAA. Having to drop the team you've spent seasons building up every year for the newer features sucks...

Ramirez

I'd like to see WRs actually fight for balls and not just surrender to defenders or just run behind them even though the ball is headed towards a CB. The passing game as a whole needs revamped, I really hate how you can't make anticipation throws.

Smokey

GG Smokey. It's tough to play decent pass defense when my top 2 corners are out. Leinart pretty much had his way with me.

GG
3rd down conversions is what won that game for me. Foster was getting stopped repeatedly which led to a lot of 3rd and longs which Lionheart was able to convert into 1st downs.

Birdman02

I wish WRs could actually run option routes...or at least give us a way to manually make them sit in the open spot of the zone instead of running into coverage.

eznark

Banned
I would like a Power Pros style dating sim so that my Josh Freeman/Matt Stafford tubby fanfic can become reality.

Or Madden Battlelog.

mik

mik is unbeatable
Give me the bullshot Madden CG trailer at the beginning of this gen

You haven't watched that recently, have you? Other than the dramatic camera angles and lighting--which you can't use in any playable form anyway--it looks like shit.

I'd like to see WRs actually fight for balls and not just surrender to defenders or just run behind them even though the ball is headed towards a CB. The passing game as a whole needs revamped, I really hate how you can't make anticipation throws.

I agree mostly but 90% of Marshall's receptions are anticipation throws....

I'd just like EA to take the time and give us a good online franchise setup. I'd also like the defensive audible system to be the same as NCAAs.

Colasante

Just joined as the Rams. Two questions: 1. I'm scheduled to play Wellie's Bengals. How do I go about scheduling the match? Just post in this thread and plan it here with him? 2. What is the league ID/password for League Manager?

Just joined as the Rams. Two questions: 1. I'm scheduled to play Wellie's Bengals. How do I go about scheduling the match? Just post in this thread and plan it here with him? 2. What is the league ID/password for League Manager?

best way is to just send him a PM asking him when he can play. otherwise post here, or a final option is use AIM!

McNei1y

Ugh. Smokey. I really need to find an NBA league. I cannot play quick matches after what I just played. It was cheese to the max and on top of it, it was just constant millisecond pausing after a block, dunk, 3pter. Then, whenever there was some allyoop or something else he'd go to instant replay. Then to make it worse, I could hear a 12yr old screaming in the background everytime. I couldn't take it!

bluemax

Banned
GG mik,

another boneheaded pick, another loss

smh

Did you user pick that? Didn't expect the guy to jump the route like that at all. Good shit if that was you! I guess i should have played smart and punted it away late in the forth and see what happens in overtime but I'm winless... i really wanted this one. Sorry if that cheese annoyed you.

1 win would feel like a superbowl victory right now :/

Don't worry Shake! Soon one of these fine young gentlemen will be yours:

QB D. Dozier Florida 83 OVR
QB H. Boone Oregon 75 OVR
HB E. Wells USC 82 OVR
HB J. Marsh Jacksonville State 72 OVR
FB J. Honeycutt Ohio 83 OVR
WR J. Kilgore Tennessee 81 OVR
WR J. Jefferson Indiana 76 OVR
TE C. Fletcher Nevada 83 OVR
LT K. Palmer Clemson 86 OVR
LG C. Kelser North Texas 84 OVR
C Clemson 82 OVR
LE M. Simmons USC 76 OVR
RE D. Spencer UW-Stevens Point 85 OVR (This guy has Eznark all over him!)
RE C. Morris Holy Cross 75 OVR
RE M. Roberts Nebraska 72 OVR
DT D. Laskowski Missouri St 84 OVR
DT B. Koyack Michigian 76 OVR
LOLB B. Mills Colorado St. 84 OVR
MLB K. Hubert Notre Dame 83 OVR
MLB J. Houston Iowa 78 OVR
ROLB J. Boseman VMI 74 OVR
CB D. Settle Eastern Oregon 81 OVR
FS R. Carter Ohio 84 OVR
SS D. Dickerson Rice 83 OVR
SS D. Diggs Grambling St. 77 OVR
P. W. Barnett Alabama 82 OVR

Sorry Smokey...wife was playing ME2. I'm ready when you are,

Your wife sounds awesome

I would like a Power Pros style dating sim so that my Josh Freeman/Matt Stafford tubby fanfic can become reality.

Wanna compare our Stafford fanfics?!?!?!

Also, I played the Bloodbowl Team Manager board game with some friends tonight. Its really fun and not too hard to pick up at all. The games lasted about an hour each between 3 people. Not too shabby, right? I'm sure you can get the Mrs. to play at least once. She'll probably enjoy it too!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'

I'm here friend. We'll probably advance sometime tonight. If it's early we can throw down right away. I have to be up at 5 AM to get to work and I'm beast coast so if anything we'll get after it tomorrow.

What's your availability like?

And also, please read the rules in the OP.

Colasante

I'm here friend. We'll probably advance sometime tonight. If it's early we can throw down right away. I have to be up at 5 AM to get to work and I'm beast coast so if anything we'll get after it tomorrow.

What's your availability like?

And also, please read the rules in the OP.

I should be free just about any time today or tomorrow, so let me know when you're free after it's advanced and I'll try to head on.

eznark

Banned
Also, I played the Bloodbowl Team Manager board game with some friends tonight. Its really fun and not too hard to pick up at all. The games lasted about an hour each between 3 people. Not too shabby, right? I'm sure you can get the Mrs. to play at least once. She'll probably enjoy it too!

Cool, I'm hoping we have some time this week to give it a shot. Astro put me onto another game that people like you and I in the tiniest of ven diagram intersections may like; 1st & Goal

I wish they could find a way to limit what a defensive player is able to see dependent on which player is being controlled. Its not realistic for a safety to see what a receiver is doing behind him or on the other side of the field, and other things along that same line of thinking.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
they kind of did that with Co-Op last year, camera was locked in on who you were controlling on defense, plus the field was flipped on defense so you could lose receivers behind you in coverage.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I wish they could find a way to limit what a defensive player is able to see dependent on which player is being controlled. Its not realistic for a safety to see what a receiver is doing behind him or on the other side of the field, and other things along that same line of thinking.

This I agree with, but it's hard for me to say that they should add anything that helps the O.

This I agree with, but it's hard for me to say that they should add anything that helps the O.

Well, in a perfect world, they'd have some limits on the offense as well and the defensive AI itself would be much improved. :jnc

The arcade (casual) crowd would absolutely hate it though.

Splat

So how does free agency work in the league? Is it open now and I can sign a guy on the manager site, then pick him up in the league? Is there a bidding process? How does extending contracts work?

BigAT

So how does free agency work in the league? Is it open now and I can sign a guy on the manager site, then pick him up in the league? Is there a bidding process? How does extending contracts work?

First, you should ONLY be doing transactions through the League Manager (LM) site. Doing things in game will break shit.

Right now you can sign anyone listed on the free agents tab in LM. There is no real negotiations, aside from contract length, the site just assigns the player a value. You can only extend contracts for players that are in the final year of their existing contract. You can do this under the Contract Year Players tab.

At the end of the season, any players that you haven't resigned will be released into the free agent pool (along with everyone else's). At that point free agency is locked and there is a bidding process for all available free agents.

Top Bottom