• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
When its open you can sign anyone at anytime. In the offseason there is a free agency period where we all bid.

Extending contracts is easy but weird. Under contract year players tab it will show you players who are on the last year if thier contract.

If you have the cap room to extend them you can extend right now and it adds to the current year. If you don't have the cap room to extend them you would have to wait till the offseason . Yes I know extending wouldn't count for this year anyway but its how it works :(

4 mill under the cap want to extend player x for 5 years @ 3.9 per- works. Doesn't subtract from current cap just tacks the extra years and money forward.

Same situation but player z wants 5 years @ 4.1 mill per it will not allow you to extend him.
We don't know why but its just how the system works.

It's better than before as extending a player meant replacing the contract year with the new contract.

Last year 800k
New year, 2 mill

It would replace the last year with the new money and taking from your current cap. Sucked big time.
...this. I totally screwed this post up but the info you need is there Haha
DCX

LiveWire

Belated Happy New Year to everyone. I think I'm scheduled for levious in week 15 but I won't be able to play today and unlikely tomorrow unless it's in the early afternoon Eastern time, so let him play the CPU or sim it. I will be back home on surfer time on Friday night late, so week 16 game against whomever I'm scheduled I can play Saturday.

Smokey

Ugh. Smokey. I really need to find an NBA league. I cannot play quick matches after what I just played. It was cheese to the max and on top of it, it was just constant millisecond pausing after a block, dunk, 3pter. Then, whenever there was some allyoop or something else he'd go to instant replay. Then to make it worse, I could hear a 12yr old screaming in the background everytime. I couldn't take it!
Lol!

Rumor has it the GAF league may return in its proper form! Testing somethings and I'm in this other league too (pretty strict actually). Need to know what is broken before doing anything.

bluemax

Banned
Agreed. Keep me posted Smokey. Id love to join a gaf sim league.

That list that bluemax posted is enticing. To bad what I need is probably going to be a hot target this draft.

Those are only the A Pot 70+ players. There's a decent number of B Pot players that are 70-80 in OVR as well.

The draft is a little thin at OG, and OLB, but is pretty deep at RB, CB and WR.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Just so I'm clear, picking up a FA in the manager auto-assigns him in game? That's pretty cool.

Might want to double check a player's OVR in game before deciding on someone to sign. It's been inconsistent this year I think, between in game/depth chart/and LM site.

Belated Happy New Year to everyone. I think I'm scheduled for levious in week 15 but I won't be able to play today and unlikely tomorrow unless it's in the early afternoon Eastern time, so let him play the CPU or sim it. I will be back home on surfer time on Friday night late, so week 16 game against whomever I'm scheduled I can play Saturday.

cool, let me know if you get a chance to drop out so I can play CPU...

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
sorry. forgot you were powerless these days. Our fate lies in a guy that's had his life sucked away by DOTA and The Old Republic.

McNei1y

Those are only the A Pot 70+ players. There's a decent number of B Pot players that are 70-80 in OVR as well.

The draft is a little thin at OG, and OLB, but is pretty deep at RB, CB and WR.

Oooooh that's much better. I was afraid I wouldn't even manage to get what I wanted with ~11 pick lol. Where do you find all of this?

bluemax

Banned
Oooooh that's much better. I was afraid I wouldn't even manage to get what I wanted with ~11 pick lol. Where do you find all of this?

The internet? Some dudes on Operation Sports compiled lists of all the draft classes and I found a new list that has the actual names (since they are now static). I actually posted links before the last draft, dunno if anyone but me used them though considering I got a lot of my sleepers.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
The internet? Some dudes on Operation Sports compiled lists of all the draft classes and I found a new list that has the actual names (since they are now static). I actually posted links before the last draft, dunno if anyone but me used them though considering I got a lot of my sleepers.

I didn't pay attention to potential for draft one based on how somewhat "fixed" progression seemed to be in Madden 10/11 online franchises. There was very little fluxuation from franchise to franchise in my experience. Performance seems to matter a great deal more now (based on accounts from people deep into online franchise), so I'd be more likely to draft a B over a C now for instance.

McNei1y

lol well duh. I was just asking because I did a few searches and came up with nothing. I'll try harder or look at OS.

bluemax

Banned
lol well duh. I was just asking because I did a few searches and came up with nothing. I'll try harder or look at OS.

I'll save you the trouble.

I didn't pay attention to potential for draft one based on how somewhat "fixed" progression seemed to be in Madden 10/11 online franchises. There was very little fluxuation from franchise to franchise in my experience. Performance seems to matter a great deal more now (based on accounts from people deep into online franchise), so I'd be more likely to draft a B over a C now for instance.

Yeah I know a lot of people felt that way, it was kind of dumb how 59 ovr players were able to dominate the league but at the same time never "improved". I was more optimistic after seeing the way progression shook down after season 1. I will be interested in seeing how my drafted players progress and it will affect my strategy going forward.

McNei1y

I'll save you the trouble.

Yeah I know a lot of people felt that way, it was kind of dumb how 59 ovr players were able to dominate the league but at the same time never "improved". I was more optimistic after seeing the way progression shook down after season 1. I will be interested in seeing how my drafted players progress and it will affect my strategy going forward.

Thanks for the link and I agree levious. In Madden 10, I attempted to draft alot of A's and B's, even if that meant going with a 69 A/B compared to a 73 C/D with better stats. Last year I went with some C's and they had done much better than what I would've thought so my view has pretty much changed.

Trasher

GG Trasher, can't help but feel that I was jobbed from the first play on.

GG...I guess. I don't even feel good about that win. =/

I nearly declined that holding penalty out of pure pity for you lol.

Also, lol at your last touchdown where I dragged every player from the secondary off of him. Stupid game always switches to the player I don't want to use...

bluemax

Banned
For funsies a quick statistical look at the top 10 draft picks through last week:

Round 1, Pick 1
selection:Cleveland Browns (Striker029) drafts QB Peter Newcomer
185-269 2229yards 13 TD 11 INT 25 Sacks 21 Att 65 yards 2 TDs 3 Fumbles

Round 1, Pick 2
selection:Seattle Seahawks (RedBaronMB) drafts QB Ryan Kaiser
186-326 2783yards 24 TDs 28 INTs 20 sacks

Round 1, Pick 3
selection:Dallas Cowboys (SomniaGAF) drafts MLB Ikeem Smith
41 tackles 18 TFL 4 sacks 3 Deflections

Round 1, Pick 4
selection:St. Louis Rams (cpu) drafts RG Shane Rogers
(Where did this guy end up? There are no O-Line stats)

Round 1, Pick 5
selection:Green Bay Packers (thekranz) drafts WR DeMarcus Miles
28 receptions 568 yards 3 TDs 9 drops

Round 1, Pick 6
selection:Kansas City Chiefs (DarkQberto) drafts CB Laquon Charles
16 tackles 1 INT 1 sack 4 pass deflections

Round 1, Pick 7
selection:Washington Redskins (DJ Demon J) drafts TE Jamie Brooks
53 receptions 964 yards 12 TDs 6 drops

Round 1, Pick 8
selection:Baltimore Ravens (levious) drafts WR Torry Sanders
30 receptions 576 yards 2 TDs 4 drops

Round 1, Pick 9
selection:Atlanta Falcons (DCX gaf) drafts FS DeAires Justice
30 tackles 5 TFL 0 sacks 5 INTs 13 deflections

Round 1, Pick 10
selection:New England Patriots (Sanjuro Tsubaki) drafts RT Javonta Maxwell

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG...I guess. I don't even feel good about that win. =/

I nearly declined that holding penalty out of pure pity for you lol.

Also, lol at your last touchdown where I dragged every player from the secondary off of him. Stupid game always switches to the player I don't want to use...

Yeah, the same thing happened on the pass right before to AJ.

I wish I could even see the replay, but there was another possession I had AJ in the endzone and when I pass it bounces off my OLineman. Just horrible luck all around in that game. Nothing went my way.

GCQuinton

As much as I like my first round pick Na'Quan Watson at DE, my second round pick Dontravious Taylor (FS) has definitely been the most productive rookie on my team with 27 tackles, a FF, and 3 INTs. Really glad he fell to me at that spot. My third round pick Drake Douglas has been solid at RT, too.

Striker

Round 1, Pick 9
selection:Atlanta Falcons (DCX gaf) drafts FS DeAires Justice
30 tackles 5 TFL 0 sacks 5 INTs 13 deflections
Browns! I didn't know he had 13 pass deflections. o_O

Should have had another pick vs. PIT but he dropped it. He's been great, though. I have him cover a lot of ground.

and i'm going to go ahead and announce it now:

THE DRAFT WILL TAKE PLACE AT 6 PM PST ON THE 1ST SUNDAY AFTER THE SUPERBOWL.

free agency will happen AFTER the draft. trades will happen AFTER the draft. i don't care if you agree to a trade prior to the draft but please don't complete the trade on LM until the draft is complete

CB3

how do you kow we wont finish before the superbowl. thats over a month away. it wont take that long

DCX

DCX
Mario Williams most improved player and LC Simmons having as good a year Phee's stud first round olb.

DCX

CB3

BFF the leagues about to advance. are you around to play

Edit: By BFF i meant bluemax, if that was vague.

bluemax

Banned
Deep as the train you're no doubt gonna run on my defense tonight :/

I need to go all Peter Tanico on you so I can win this game.

Top Bottom