• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
my fault dcx..got caught watching other NBA games and now rox are about to play.

can you go tomorrow?

...you fail... i demand a draft pick. I don't know about tomorrow...you should play me during the game as punishment :/

DCX

Ramirez

How does one watch a regular season NBA game that doesn't involve Jordan? Tell me your secrets...

GG Pheeniks, I had more than a few opportunities that I did dick with. Locker's scrambling while lol worthy in my head was the difference on your side of the ball.

You shouldn't be saying FU to CJ, he was my choice for most overrated player in Madden 12 on those first two scoring drives of yours. :p

I was so close to having HFA through out the playoffs! Someone beat the Raiders!

How does one watch a regular season NBA game that doesn't involve Jordan? Tell me your secrets...

GG Pheeniks, I had more than a few opportunities that I did dick with. Locker's scrambling while lol worthy in my head was the difference on your side of the ball.

You shouldn't be saying FU to CJ, he was my choice for most overrated player in Madden 12 on those first two scoring drives of yours. :p

After that first throw/int I wanted to accidentally get disconnected lol

BigAT

GG FMT. I wish I could stop that shitbag Gore or run against Super Willis. I almost pulled a comeback out of my ass thanks to CRUUUUUUUUUUUZ. Pretty much lost any chance I had at a first round bye.

bluemax

Banned
FML I just mised an XP with 53 second left to tie.

Edit: Watching the replay of my second "int". So much bull shit as the CB warps through my WR from 5 yards away to pick that off.

Colasante

FMT or whoever is in charge of LeagueManager, can I get some kind of verification or addition to it so I'm able to make transactions? It won't let me drop or resign any players on it right now. Thanks.

Birdman02

Birdman, let me know what works for you!

Unfortunately, it's probably gonna be Friday before I can play. If you see me signed onto xbl, it's my wife playing ME2 or watching netflix.

I'll let you know if something changes, but Friday after 10 est is probably my best bet.

TheCrow

gg man Im sorry lol
I gave up after the bs mcfadden run.

I love how people can user cbs so that they get a speed boost and then run in front my wrs. Even when my wrs beat their man in single coverage there's nothing I can do except sit and watch. That's why I let the cpus battle it out unless I was already in a position to make a play.

Splat

Cards down Ravens 28-19, helped by Madden bugging out and calling a completed 2pt conversion an incomplete. I have no idea what happened there man :(

Hopefully I played as expected in a sim league. Let me know if I did anything that would be frowned upon.

I love how people can user cbs so that they get a speed boost and then run in front my wrs. Even when my wrs beat their man in single coverage there's nothing I can do except sit and watch. That's why I let the cpus battle it out unless I was already in a position to make a play.

yea the game felt like you did lol... hey but if it really is that unfair I can pick another team or something because It feels like im playing unfair or something when you say that.. I understand where you're coming from though.

Trasher

Cards down Ravens 28-19, helped by Madden bugging out and calling a completed 2pt conversion an incomplete. I have no idea what happened there man :(

Yeah, I thought there was no question that it was good...lol. Whatever. That's Madden for ya. That game was awfully hard to throw in for me. Dunno what was up with the lag. I missed a bunch of passes because they went out a tad late. Oh well. GG man.

Btw, what was with your time management in that game? lol I was so confused when you actually ran a play there before the second quarter. Wasn't even paying attention and all of a sudden you were scoring a TD. You also could have ran the clock out there at the end without having to punt haha.

Also, I don't know if you know this, but you can't control your WRs in this league. I noticed you did it once or twice, but actually wasn't sure if you did it more. Could have been a simple unintentional mistake by you, but I just wanted to let you know in case you didn't. Some people will really rip on you for those kinds of things haha.

bluemax

Banned

Yeah this happened to me against CB tonight. Once result in a pick on a pass I've probably completed 50+ times this season. Its practically rocket catch levels of annoying.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Thing is if you make the DB CPU battle it out OR let the user control the WR with the ball in the air, its a big advantage towards the offense which is already overpowered. I can live with DB's going faster. I try to account for that when im about to make my throw

Splat

Yeah, I thought there was no question that it was good...lol. Whatever. That's Madden for ya. That game was awfully hard to throw in for me. Dunno what was up with the lag. I missed a bunch of passes because they went out a tad late. Oh well. GG man.

Btw, what was with your time management in that game? lol I was so confused when you actually ran a play there before the second quarter. Wasn't even paying attention and all of a sudden you were scoring a TD. You also could have ran the clock out there at the end without having to punt haha.

Well, on the first Q, normally I don't like wasting plays, haha.

At the end, I was half watching the game and talking to my wife, so I wasn't draining as much clock as I could. Oh well.

Re: user WRs, I was unaware, but I'm not generally a huge user WR guy anyway, but apologies for the couple times I did (which was probably switch and mash Y, whenever I try to drive to a catch I end up missing it so I stopped doing that, haha).

Is there a list of those smaller rules like that? I didn't/don't see it in the OP. I also user moved some LB's pre snap to try and get a jump on Rice gouging me, and I don't know if that's okay. I wasn't setting up nanos or anything, just trying to move into better position.

GG FMT. I wish I could stop that shitbag Gore or run against Super Willis. I almost pulled a comeback out of my ass thanks to CRUUUUUUUUUUUZ. Pretty much lost any chance I had at a first round bye.

yeah gg. i don't know what has gotten into gore lately but he was beasting again! pwills stat line doesn't have anything eyepopping but he made a lot of good plays.

of course, i go up big (28-10) and then again get conservative. that last td was ridiculous lol.... i'm almost scared to even try to knock balls down because guys ALWAYS catch it on me as it's going to the ground!

p.s. thank god kapernick isn't injured. only missed the last half of the quarter.... thank god!

FMT or whoever is in charge of LeagueManager, can I get some kind of verification or addition to it so I'm able to make transactions? It won't let me drop or resign any players on it right now. Thanks.

let me take a look!

i just looked... what problems are you having? it shows you as the owner just like everyone else.

Well, on the first Q, normally I don't like wasting plays, haha.

At the end, I was half watching the game and talking to my wife, so I wasn't draining as much clock as I could. Oh well.

Re: user WRs, I was unaware, but I'm not generally a huge user WR guy anyway, but apologies for the couple times I did (which was probably switch and mash Y, whenever I try to drive to a catch I end up missing it so I stopped doing that, haha).

Is there a list of those smaller rules like that? I didn't/don't see it in the OP. I also user moved some LB's pre snap to try and get a jump on Rice gouging me, and I don't know if that's okay. I wasn't setting up nanos or anything, just trying to move into better position.

blitzing with a LB on a pass play is a no-no, but you can do it on a run play. as for the manual wr catching, this is a no-no in all instances. the game is so heavily tilted towards the offense already there is no need for that

Colasante

let me take a look!

i just looked... what problems are you having? it shows you as the owner just like everyone else.

I'm getting the error message "You are not the league commissioner, and cannot drop this player because they are not on your team" whenever I try to do anything to my players.

Splat

blitzing with a LB on a pass play is a no-no, but you can do it on a run play. as for the manual wr catching, this is a no-no in all instances. the game is so heavily tilted towards the offense already there is no need for that

I assume you mean user blitzing, right? Called cpu blitzes on passes are still okay? Any limits on shifts/press/showblitz, things like that I should know about as well?

I assume you mean user blitzing, right? Called cpu blitzes on passes are still okay? Any limits on shifts/press/showblitz, things like that I should know about as well?

yeah, my bad, manually blitzing a LB.

you can run any play in the defensive playbook you want, you just can't manually blitz a LB/CB/Safety. you can "blitz in" with a defensive lineman as long as he is in the 3 point stance and on the defensive line (not way outside)

Nightz

I've always wondered about this too. I was under the impression that you could only move the player you're controlling, but I've seen people moving different players around pre-snap.

Ramirez

After that first throw/int I wanted to accidentally get disconnected lol

Man, that was a sweet user pick, I was certain you'd open up with a run, managed to drop back in coverage, and saw the slant and just baited you a little. :p

Lebron is better than Jordan and has single handily raised the level of play across the league
You've been missing out all these years

mj-laughing.gif

Splat

I've always wondered about this too. I was under the impression that you could only move the player you're controlling, but I've seen people moving different players around pre-snap.

To be clear, I wasn't positioning any LBs that I wasn't controlling. ie: I didn't grab and move and re-blitz etc a bunch of lbs. I just grabbed the LB manned up on Rice pre-snap and moved him to the side of the formation I figured would be best, and then played from there. I just know even that is too much in some leagues so I figured I'd ask :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
lol what the hell has been going on in these games. Started with me and Trasher last night and apparently has continued.

If the OF/LM carried over half sacks, Carlos Dunlap would be at 21 sacks for the season, 2 shy of the IRL record. As it is he needs to get 4 to make it to Madden immortality. Can't wait to see his progression again this offseason... and pay him a fortune in the next. -_-

Top Bottom