• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Man, that was a sweet user pick, I was certain you'd open up with a run, managed to drop back in coverage, and saw the slant and just baited you a little. :p

That was a very Favre-esque moment for me. I even saw your LB drop back but I was like "imma slang this in there!"

oops

Smokey

knicks are below average with chandler, melo, and amare...how does that happen

at least i can say we have kevin martin and that's the reason for our mediocrity!

BigAT

knicks are 2-3 with chandler, melo, and amare. how does this happen

at least i can say we have kevin martin and that's the reason for our mediocrity!

Amare has been out the last two games. Still an ugly loss to Toronto, even with his absence.

DCX

DCX
knicks are below average with chandler, melo, and amare...how does that happen

heat had growing pains early in thier season last year. It takes time. Shump is our best perimeter slasher/ creator. Amare takes the load off of Melo.

We will be fine friend. Now you gonna be around tonighy or what?

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
eznark,

just noticed I play you this week, let me know what day/time is good for you. I'm free after 7pm for the most part.

Mrbob

Easily. Game is awesome.

Also, is MS teasing the next Xbox unveil on their twitter page? Or just random trivia? CES is almost here:

http://twitter.com/#!/Microsoft/status/154244593108533248

Trivia Tuesday: Who helped unveil the original @Xbox at #CES 2001 with Bill Gates?

http://twitter.com/#!/Microsoft/status/154296097773338624

TT Answer: In 2001, Dwayne @TheRock Johnson took the #CES stage with Bill Gates to help unveil the original @Xbox.

Lol that Rock and Gates pic is hilarious.

DCX

DCX
Easily. Game is awesome.

Also, is MS teasing the next Xbox unveil on their twitter page? Or just random trivia? CES is almost here:

http://twitter.com/#!/Microsoft/status/154244593108533248

http://twitter.com/#!/Microsoft/status/154296097773338624

Lol that Rock and Gates pic is hilarious.
I was at the xbox launch at WWE NY, I made it in the background to the promo video and o fed some lines to my friends that got screen time lol

The Rock played Gates at DOA Haha. The Rock eventually won 2 rounds to 1. Gates got a huge POP when he won his round and The Rock did the eyebrow lol

DCX

BigAT

So did any of you pick up NFL Blitz? Any impressions?

I saw a couple of tweets from PastaPadre yesterday saying it was kind of bland (no late hits and other NFL mandated stuff) and suspiciously similar to Madden Arcade. I haven't tried out the demo myself yet though.

levious

I thought the last NFL Blitz had late hits taken out as well, and they brought them back with Blitz: The league.

BigAT

I refuse to get Blitz because of the terrible Arcade Edition support for NBA Jam

Same here. I bought the retail version of Jam and was disgusted at how little support it had, no way was I going to buy the XBLA version and it sounds like Blitz is headed down a similar path.

Same here. I bought the retail version of Jam and was disgusted at how little support it had, no way was I going to buy the XBLA version and it sounds like Blitz is headed down a similar path.

I got it partially because I was promised roster updates and all that. And I don't think a single word has been said at all.

Really disgraceful.

Sanjuro

The total duration of my NFL Blitz install - deletion was about four minutes. Unlike NBA JAM, the game simply isn't fun to play.

levious

we should try to sim as few games as possible for the sake of defensive stats and progression. When a game gets simmed, it seems like it does the full game time regardless of what the league is set at, and the cpu controlled teams rack up a much higher total of tackles.

McNei1y

Grossman. I rather sim than play the CPU.

Anyone who has the time to play a quick game with the Skins, let me know.

I could play it since I'm a big redskins fan and I rarely play with them. Not sure he'd want me too but if its no biggy and you want to play a human opponent, I'm down!

Why would you do that when he's going to be back before the advance?

nvm!!

lol. I just want to play more madden!

Sanjuro

I could play it since I'm a big redskins fan and I rarely play with them. Not sure he'd want me too but if its no biggy and you want to play a human opponent, I'm down!

That works. When are you free?

Why would you do that when he's going to be back before the advance?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=33959085&postcount=18156

2 pages back he indicates he will be available to play you on Saturday.

Oh, wasn't sure. I just figured we would have advanced before the weekend. We have been going at a faster pace it seems.

Splat

Sorry for all the questions. Any restrictions on changing playbooks? Ie: cards must use the cards playbooks?

Custom playbooks don't even work in OF, do they?

LiveWire

That works. When are you free?

Oh, wasn't sure. I just figured we would have advanced before the weekend. We have been going at a faster pace it seems.
You're not getting out of Tanico tapping that ass that easily! I regret not being able to play levious since I was looking forward to it but there was nothing that I could do given my vacation schedule this week so I didn't want to hold the league up needlessly. But I'm back at home before the next deadline.

Smokey

Sorry for all the questions. Any restrictions on changing playbooks? Ie: cards must use the cards playbooks?

the default answer will be to choose the Texans playbook...like everybody else has done.

DCX

DCX

No restrictions and I believe the custom playbook doesn't work.

DCX

bluemax

Banned

Like 90% of the people in this league use the Texans offensive playbook so no, there are no restrictions in that regard.

Also I'll throw this out there again when the offseason starts, but everyone should remember to keep something like $12 million in free cap space if they intend to sign all 7 of their rookies. I think that's what it cost last season, I will double check but. I know Kaiser (the #2 overall pick) is making $5.3 million ish this season and Telvin Wallace (the second pick of the second round) is making $2.3 million, so you're gonna need AT LEAST $8 million for your first two picks.

DCX

DCX
Like 90% of the people in this league use the Texans offensive playbook so no, there are no restrictions in that regard.

Also I'll throw this out there again when the offseason starts, but everyone should remember to keep something like $12 million in free cap space if they intend to sign all 7 of their rookies. I think that's what it cost last season, I will double check but. I know Kaiser (the #2 overall pick) is making $5.3 million ish this season and Telvin Wallace (the second pick of the second round) is making $2.3 million, so you're gonna need AT LEAST $8 million for your first two picks.
Yea. If cash strapped, it may be wise to trade the pick for NFL rookie contract players. Madden rookie contracts are no joke.

DCX

levious

I regret not being able to play levious since I was looking forward to it but there was nothing that I could do given my vacation schedule this week so I didn't want to hold the league up needlessly. But I'm back at home before the next deadline.

fuck your rookie running back!! :)

bluemax

Banned
Yea. If cash strapped, it may be wise to trade the pick for NFL rookie contract players. Madden rookie contracts are no joke.

DCX

They're better than what veteran players want in my opinion.

Here's a full list of my rookie players and what they're being paid:

Ryan Kaiser QB 1st Round 5 years @ $26.67 million ($5,374,000 per)
Telvin Wallace RE 2nd Round 5 years @ $11.43 million ($2,336,000 per)
De'Jon Green HB 3rd Round 5 years @ $8.255 million ($1,671,00 per)
Dior Taylor HB 4th Round 5 years @ $8.255 million ($1,671,00 per)
LeRon Robinson MLB 5th Round 3 years @ $1,809,750 ($603,250 per)
Jaren Altime CB 6th Round 3 years @ $1,809,750 ($603,250 per)
Emmett Hammond WR 7th Round 3 years @ $1,809,750 ($603,250 per)

$600k is pretty much the lowest salary I've seen for any new contracts.

The going rate for a mid 70s veteran in his 30s with C Pot is about $1.4 million, versus $1.6 million for a rookie with B pot.

90 or 91. I'll check in a minute . Live rb progresses the highest.

DCX

Are we sure progression is static? Also what does Kaiser jump to and what does his deep accuracy go to?

DCX

DCX
Brooks --> 90. It's based off sims and some of these players didn't even play cause they were in the free agent list like Brooks. He might progress higher than that or not.

DCX

levious

Looking at progressions, Livewire's rb progresses higher than Wellington's. 93-91.

At least in test league it did.

DCX

can't really predict progression with a test league anymore, I had one where brooks had zero progression after one year, with playing time and production.

levious, probably tomorrow night. Possibly tonight but doubtful.

tomorrow night is fine.

Sanjuro

You're not getting out of Tanico tapping that ass that easily! I regret not being able to play levious since I was looking forward to it but there was nothing that I could do given my vacation schedule this week so I didn't want to hold the league up needlessly. But I'm back at home before the next deadline.

Goddam

Top Bottom