• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Mrbob

I liked the play the best where I had double coverage on your wr, had the play defended perfectly. Yet when I went for the ball on defense for an int I missed it and knocked my cb out of the way letting your WR get a 70 yard td pass lol.

Guess I'll be playing in the wild card round!

Also, is there a correlation between ints and defenders getting hurt? The week before I picked off a pass with Urlacher, and he got hurt on the INT out for 3 weeks. In my game against DM early in the second I picked off a pass with Briggs, and the same damn thing happened! He got hurt too! Had to play the rest of the game without either of them in it. Thankfully he is back next week but still it is annoying seeing the same thing happen two straight weeks.

Smokey

I thought Smokey didn't care anymore and wasn't trying?

lulz

worry about your own team coach ram!

i know when to get my guys ready to play. end of the season it's go time with a chance to get into the playoffs.

and i said i was losing interest because yall were moving too slow with the advances. taking 6+ days and shit...gets boring.
if you notice the advancements have been moving much quicker as of late.

Ramirez

worry about your own team coach ram

i know when to get my guys ready to play. end of the season it's go time with a chance to get into the playoffs.

and i said i was losing interest because yall were moving too slow with the advances. taking 6+ days and shit...gets boring.

I hear ya brah!

DCX

DCX
lets discuss the 2 picks you threw.

1. you at the goal line. you get stopped on 2 straight runs, then decide to throw it into a sea of battle red. pick. could've got points there.

2. you in fg position again. i zone you up and you float a butter ball to cushing.

you left at least 6 points on the board right here. how many points did i win by?

then after the fumblerooski....

all you had to do was contain me to a fg to force OT. instead leinart leads his team down the field like a true warrior and with 10 seconds left delivers a laser (lol) to Tony G for a 30+ yard TD for the winning score.

the conclusion? the game didn't job you, dcx dcx'd himself by not taking advantage of key situations.

holla

All this is garbage. It means nothing because you left out how you got bailed out by a dropped int with 30 seconds to go. There is no swag in letting people know how shitty of a read that was that was stone handed by Grimes but whats the fun in that ;) Carry on soulja.

Point remains that you got gifted a fumble and i was denied a game sealing int within 4 minutes.

A Laser? you didn't mention the defensive AI screw up on Lofton? Shocker. Carry on Swag King.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
worry about your own team coach ram!

WTF dude they've been moving at the normal schedule!!!!

I agree and same here. It's definitely better now but from Thanksgiving to around last week it was awful

Smokey

All this is garbage. It means nothing because you left out how you got bailed out by a dropped int with 30 seconds to go. There is no swag in letting people know how shitty of a read that was that was stone handed by Grimes but whats the fun in that ;) Carry on soulja.

Point remains that you got gifted a fumble and i was denied a game sealing int within 4 minutes.

A Laser? you didn't mention the defensive AI screw up on Lofton? Shocker. Carry on Swag King.

DCX

<3

stone hands dropped the ball? not my problem! that was a pretty bad throw and i told you that the route was supposed to be a comeback. i simply pressed the button too early and it turned into a fly pattern right into double coverage. dude would've been open on the comeback as you were in straight man to man. all you had to do was catch the INT and game over!

how about that lag where the screen completely froze when i got the ball to foster resulting in a very small, if any gain on a run play in a crucial situation? what about another INT I should've had by Harris that hit him straight in the hands? he sat in a zone and my cb played it perfectly and it dropped straight to the ground. so i guess i should've had 3 INTs then!

to the last point on lofton....hey...the defensive coordinator puts guys in the position to succeed (aka you sir). you decided to let lofton cover Tony G 1 on 1 in man coverage. you gambled and lost, hell i even ran the EXACT same play before and just flipped the alignment. leinart did what matty "ice" couldn't...get his team a W

i told you yesterday...this one burrnnnns you :]

GG THOUGH

GCQuinton

Pardon the interruption, but Luke and I are slated to play Saturday at 1 ET. And for some crazy reason, I'm still in the playoff hunt.

Back to Smokey v. DCX!

DCX

DCX
What's funny is all I hear is how good you are yet I don't hear wow I got lucky with that fumble and dropped int there.

What happens early in the game can be overcome. As evidence by you winning this game with five seconds left.

I don't concern myself with dropped ints early on or how I was hitsticking the shit out if Foster and he held on every time.

It usually comes down to the last quarter and most importantly the last drive or so.

I did notice the flipped play and I actually audibled out of a cover 2 on that TD play since you ran a bunch on the right side knowing it would blow up my zone as it did earlier in the drive. The problem was Weatherspoon didn't cover Gonzo like he was supposed to, Lofton did. I can live with that.

The fumble was such bs becuase White caught it for a first down inside your 30 with 3:30 left I'm up 3. No hit stick, no strip animation he just promptly drops the ball and lays on the sideline to be picked up. Lol any other time that rolls out of bounds.

Then to make matters worse, I forced a fourth down and almost got the win but your oline stepped up. Then I made a good call on D and bad read from which should have sealed it there and it didn't.

Hell yea I'm salty, yes it burns. What makes it worse is you poppin your collar as if you were Rors and completely dominated me and Lionheart rants.

You are like the pg on a super star team that got a lay up based on a steal and a block shot from your team mates to win the game. Don't strut like you came down and hit the game winning shot.

Gg thou
#swag

Either way, moving on. McFly can you play sat night at the advance?

DCX

Smokey

What's funny is all I hear is how good you are yet I don't hear wow I got lucky with that fumble and dropped int there.

What happens early in the game can be overcome. As evidence by you winning this game with five seconds left.

I don't concern myself with dropped ints early on or how I was hitsticking the shit out if Foster and he held on every time.

It usually comes down to the last quarter and most importantly the last drive or so.

I did notice the flipped play and I actually audibled out of a cover 2 on that TD play since you ran a bunch on the right side knowing it would blow up my zone as it did earlier in the drive. The problem was Weatherspoon didn't cover Gonzo like he was supposed to, Lofton did. I can live with that.

The fumble was such bs becuase White caught it for a first down inside your 30 with 3:30 left I'm up 3. No hit stick, no strip animation he just promptly drops the ball and lays on the sideline to be picked up. Lol any other time that rolls out of bounds.

Then to make matters worse, I forced a fourth down and almost got the win but your oline stepped up. Then I made a good call on D and bad read from which should have sealed it there and it didn't.

Hell yea I'm salty, yes it burns. What makes it worse is you poppin your collar as if you were Rors and completely dominated me and Lionheart rants.

You are like the pg on a super star team that got a lay up based on a steal and a block shot to win the game. Don't strut like you came down and hit the game winning shot.

Gg thou
#swag

Either way, moving on. McFly can you play sat night at the advance?

DCX

lol <3

what makes it so good is i was trolling you the entire time...i even put in matt leinart's "stellar" numbers..8/18 3TD 1 INT as bait and you took it. took it hard. i count 9 paragraphs in your quoted post

#swagoo

DCX

DCX
lol <3

what makes it so good is i was trolling you the entire time...i even put in matt leinart's "stellar" numbers..8/18 3TD 1 INT as bait and you took it. took it hard. i count 9 paragraphs in your quoted post

#swagoo
<3 glad you admit a gifted win. It's all good. When we returning to the courts in 2k?

DCX

Smokey

<3 glad you admit a gifted win. It's all good. When we returning to the courts in 2k?

DCX

2k..hopefully this weekend. need 12 people for league i think we can get close to that...although cb mentioned that something was broken on the webite (OF COURSE IT IS) regarding association.

but i think the actual online association itself works fine through xbl. some stuff is taken out of commish's control. im going to try and sim to the playoffs and see if it's broken.

never forget what happened when we couldn't advance smfh

I liked the play the best where I had double coverage on your wr, had the play defended perfectly. Yet when I went for the ball on defense for an int I missed it and knocked my cb out of the way letting your WR get a 70 yard td pass lol.

Guess I'll be playing in the wild card round!

Also, is there a correlation between ints and defenders getting hurt? The week before I picked off a pass with Urlacher, and he got hurt on the INT out for 3 weeks. In my game against DM early in the second I picked off a pass with Briggs, and the same damn thing happened! He got hurt too! Had to play the rest of the game without either of them in it. Thankfully he is back next week but still it is annoying seeing the same thing happen two straight weeks.

Lolol you choker! I better get dat bye now!

bluemax

Banned
Wildcard update:

AFC
Broncos 10-5 (clinched)
Texans 9-6
Bengals 8-7
Chargers 8-7
Browns 7-7*

NFC
Eagles 9-6
Saints 7-7*
Seahawks 7-8
Panthers 6-8*

Remaining Games for Wild Card Contenders:

Chargers: @Raiders
Broncos: Bears
Bengals: @Seahawks
Browns: Jaguars, @Ravens
Texans:mad:Jaguars
Eagles: @Jets
Saints: Lions, @Panthers
Seahawks: Bengals
Panthers: @Colts, Saints

The Texans only have to win next week and they grab the final AFC spot, given that they play the Jaguars this is all but locked up.

NFC is slightly up in the air still as the Saints haven't played their game yet this week. They just have to win out to make it in, if they lose 1 then things can potentially get interesting.

As far as byes, I think the Steelers and Raiders have the AFC locked up. In the NFC this weeks Bears vs Bucs game will determine the byes. If DM wins I think DM and FMT get the byes, if Bob wins then its Bob and FMT but I'm not 100%.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Yeah I dunno if I win my last game if I would even get a bye. We would both end with the same conference record, not sure how EA handles tiebreakers after it!

Chicago then San Fran, alphabetically beyond the first couple of normal tie breakers. Madden 11 didn't even bother with head to head tie breaker for non-division opponents, that's at least been improved I think.

Mrbob

So you are telling me there is still a chance at dat 2 seed?

Although from last years playoffs getting a bye wasn't all it is cracked up to be. Seemed like one bye team got launched from each conference in the divisional round, and a wild card team won it all.

So you are telling me there is still a chance at dat 2 seed?

Although from last years playoffs getting a bye wasn't all it is cracked up to be. Seemed like one bye team got launched from each conference in the divisional round, and a wild card team won it all.

Crow will beat you

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
2k..hopefully this weekend. need 12 people for league i think we can get close to that...although cb mentioned that something was broken on the webite (OF COURSE IT IS) regarding association.

but i think the actual online association itself works fine through xbl. some stuff is taken out of commish's control. im going to try and sim to the playoffs and see if it's broken.

never forget what happened when we couldn't advance smfh

2k.jpg

Mrbob

Can I use the Bulls?

Also, thread has slown down so lets talk about more 3DS/DS games! What are you playing right now? I'm playing Bowsers Inside Story after finishing Kirby Mass Attack. I played Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga on GBA, but didn't play Partners in Time. Fawful is such a hilarious villan, I wish Nintendo would use him in more games. The writing is just absolutely brilliant. Turning into Mega Bowser is great. Need a 3DS sequel!

eznark

Banned
Levious you ready to play?

I'm playing Mario 3D and Pushmi, bob. If you're looking for a good DS game pick up Clash of Heroes!

DCX

DCX
Can I use the Bulls?

Also, thread has slown down so lets talk about more 3DS/DS games! What are you playing right now? I'm playing Bowsers Inside Story after finishing Kirby Mass Attack. I played Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga on GBA, but didn't play Partners in Time. Fawful is such a hilarious villan, I wish Nintendo would use him in more games. The writing is just absolutely brilliant. Turning into Mega Bowser is great. Need a 3DS sequel!
I've been playing 3D Land and having a blast!

DCX

TheCrow

Bowser Inside Story is fantastic, I love the mario & luigi series. I should start playing Mario 3d land but I'm probably going to finish up Kriby mass attack first.

eznark

Banned
Bowser Inside Story is fantastic, I love the mario & luigi series. I should start playing Mario 3d land but I'm probably going to finish up Kriby mass attack first.

I played through like 2/3 of that game and just kind of stopped. I should see if I still have it lying around.

The Texans only have to win next week and they grab the final AFC spot, given that they play the Jaguars this is all but locked up.

you son of a bitch!

Also, Smokey if you need more for a 2k12 league I'm down to play too...

Dibs on the BULLS!Bob and I gotta play for the Bulls though!

Smokey

Also, Smokey if you need more for a 2k12 league I'm down to play too...

Dibs on the BULLS!Bob and I gotta play for the Bulls though!

sweet
guess since there's some interest i'll need to take it more seriously

and bob could have the bulls...if he wasn't a giant walking vagina and scared to expose his non-knowledge of the NBA so he isn't playing.

Mrbob

Smokey just mad over controversy last season because he had to put last years playoffs on a two week hiatus to beat me.

I was the hottest team down the stretch winning 19 straight games including playoff ones, Westycheesing everyone but I need reps to keep up. The two week layoff between games made me rusty. By the last game in our series I was almost back to full form and would have taken him out 4 straight after had there been a new series.

bluemax

Banned
Can I use the Bulls?

I enjoyed Inside Story but never finished it, it started to drag on after awhile. It was better than Partner's in Time though.

I've only been playing Mario Kart 3DS lately. I can't seem to win the Special Cup on 150cc, I've won all the rest but not that one, the computer always cheeses me.

Also I just picked up Castlevania 360, gonna dive in to that tonight.

Smokey

Smokey just mad over controversy last season because he had to put last years playoffs on a two week hiatus to beat me.

I was the hottest team down the stretch winning 19 straight games including playoff ones, Westycheesing everyone but I need reps to keep up. The two week layoff between games made me rusty. By the last game in our series I was almost back to full form and would have taken him out 4 straight after had there been a new series.

gtfo

you know nobody believes this right
i dont know why you keep trying to spread that i was afraid of you lulz

DCX

DCX
gtfo

you know nobody believes this right
i dont know why you keep trying to spread that i was afraid of you lulz

Plus out of all the 2k players he isn't one that actually has a chance to beat you in a seven game series.

DCX

Smokey

Plus out of all the 2k players he isn't one that actually has a chance to beat you in a seven game series.

DCX

bob will take it to his grave that i sabotaged him. BOB of all people!

mcgirk + matt carroll could take smoke out. but i've retired from that garbage fest called NBA 2k!

you ran the same matt carroll play over and over
corner pocket 3 off of a screen

every.time.

there's always one garbo player who is a beast (see: michael redd <3)

bob will take it to his grave that i sabotaged him. BOB of all people!

you ran the same matt carroll play over and over
corner pocket 3 off of a screen

every.time.

there's always one garbo player who is a beast (see: michael redd <3)

i had 4 plays! but you see, mcgirk can rise and fire so easily that it was actually 8 plays, usually with mcgirk just rising up being the 2nd option.

i remember one game i played i scored 56 with mcgirk on the same play: just throw it into him at the elbow, face up and shoot over the guy for the easy deucer. mmmm

Top Bottom