• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

BigAT

Has anyone had this happen to them at all? Playing against Luke a few minutes ago, I'm in a standard dime man defense, Luke is in a 3-1-1 gun set. I'm controlling my MLB who is supposed to cover Addai, my dime CB on the right of the screen is supposed to cover Clark, both assignments are accurately reflected in the presnap graphic.

On the snap though, my dime back sprints after Addai in coverage, as do I since I'm supposed to, leaving Clark completely uncovered and obviously wide open. This happened like two or three times in the game in similar situations. Both teams were in fairly standard sets and there was no presnap movement that would switch the assignments, so I don't really have a clue what could explain it. It just seems like a straight up bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_F41cUx5O0

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Has anyone had this happen to them at all? Playing against Luke a few minutes ago, I'm in a standard dime man defense, Luke is in a 3-1-1 gun set. I'm controlling my MLB who is supposed to cover Addai, my dime CB on the right of the screen is supposed to cover Clark, both assignments are accurately reflected in the presnap graphic.

On the snap though, my dime back sprints after Addai in coverage, as do I since I'm supposed to, leaving Clark completely uncovered and obviously wide open. This happened like two or three times in the game in similar situations. Both teams were in fairly standard sets and there was no presnap movement that would switch the assignments, so I don't really have a clue what could explain it. It just seems like a straight up bug.

It happened to me last night between two AI defenders on my side. I was playing Ram and Heath Miller went out on a route, both Boley and Webster went after him. I'm glad he didn't notice his X was wide the fuck open. There were a number of other times that Webster was on Miller for some strange reason.

gg bird. got 2 timely int's in the redzone. my defense seems to bend and bend until i'm put inside the 10 then they stiffen up.

except against peypey.... they don't even bend they just break :(

Birdman02

FrenchMovieTheme said:
gg bird. got 2 timely int's in the redzone. my defense seems to bend and bend until i'm put inside the 10 then they stiffen up.

gg man. i was making some terrible throws. i guess i'm anticipating a little too much because on a couple of those my guys didn't make the cut they were supposed to.

I just didn't put enough arc on that last one...thought brees could get it over the defender. :(

EDIT: Anybody else wanna play? I need some more work.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:

It's only preseason! You'll win when it counts

Nightz

GG Bird. The game was definitely in your favor. Two passes come to mind: That 51 yard bomb to Henderson in the first where he teleported through my two defenders to make the catch, and the pass in the 4th where Colston launched himself across the field five yards to make the play. Oh well.

My mother in-law and sister in-law coming during the middle of the game didn't help either lol.

Rorschach

BigAT said:

Happens all the time. Ends up with free runners.

I'll attempt to play you again if no one has when I get on.
Kay. What do you mean attempt? I think we managed to get a full game in.

Ramirez

BigAT said:

Yep, happens to me all the time, even when I set defensive assignments the game still randomly assigns people sometimes.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
someone play me. i havent touched a videogame in a few days. i need atleast 1 game this weekend

Rorschach

GG McNei1y :D

McNei1y said:
gg rors. that greenway pick was unbelievable/bs lol.
Yeah, those who feared that rocketpack one handed INTs were gone, fear not!

Man, my guys take bad angles lol "Let me run PAST him, then chase him from behind!"

McNei1y

looking to get another one in with anyone. not sure how long I'll be on tomorrow. I'm going to be day drinking in preparation for the terps opener!

McNei1y

gg ramirez. that was brutal. I felt like the game wanted me to lose. I didn't even check the amount of turnovers I had. the last few turnovers were me being dumb (was pressing Y before i fumbled on the punt, the 3rd timmons pick).

anyone else want to play?

Ramirez

McNei1y said:
gg ramirez. that was brutal. I felt like the game wanted me to lose. I didn't even check the amount of turnovers I had. the last few turnovers were me being dumb (was pressing Y before i fumbled on the punt, the 3rd timmons pick).

anyone else want to play?

Eight total, lol.

My disc probably wouldn't have made it through the game, although I did throw 7 picks against FMT the other night. Pass defense is just going to get the best of you in this game when you fall behind...

Christian Ponder, 6 completions, 6 INTs. Time to give McRib a shot!

McNei1y

Ramirez said:
Eight total, lol.

My disc probably wouldn't have made it through the game, although I did throw 7 picks against FMT the other night. Pass defense is just going to get the best of you in this game when you fall behind...

Christian Ponder, 6 completions, 6 INTs. Time to give McRib a shot!

McNabb has had his chance. Overall, he's done worse. This is really the only game that has been out of control awful. I had one with Drizz earlier but every other game has been pretty solid. I was just in a funk from the start. Then started rushing throws and it got out of hand. I mean Peterson nearly broke 200 yards so it shouldn't have been as bad as it was but your defense just kept taking away my big drives as well as my first plays in a set.

the dreamteam put down again even with all the bullcrap they get every game.

thank god the eagles LB's suck complete dick in the game (as they do in real life) because their CB's stick on you like glue

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
if the winds in your gay stadium wernt blowing against me that shit wouldnt have even gone to overtime.

Your very first passing play i came across that man glitch where the coverages are flipped. thats really annoying

CB3 said:
if the winds in your gay stadium wernt blowing against me that shit wouldnt have even gone to overtime.

Your very first passing play i came across that man glitch where the coverages are flipped. thats really annoying

tough titties! i had to kick in the wind too! and how many fucking picks did i drop..... garbo!

playing against vick is fucking annoying. he is faster than just about anyone on your D, and he can stop on a dime and rocket an accurate pass at any point. and i have yet to see him get hurt even though i got some pretty good hits on him. lower that injury rating EA!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
tough titties! i had to kick in the wind too! and how many fucking picks did i drop..... garbo!

playing against vick is fucking annoying. he is faster than just about anyone on your D, and he can stop on a dime and rocket an accurate pass at any point. and i have yet to see him get hurt even though i got some pretty good hits on him. lower that injury rating EA!
Defensive players are more likely to get injured hitting the QB. It's not about the INJ rating. :\

Ramirez

McNei1y said:
McNabb has had his chance. Overall, he's done worse. This is really the only game that has been out of control awful. I had one with Drizz earlier but every other game has been pretty solid. I was just in a funk from the start. Then started rushing throws and it got out of hand. I mean Peterson nearly broke 200 yards so it shouldn't have been as bad as it was but your defense just kept taking away my big drives as well as my first plays in a set.

Yea, but he got about 150 of those off of like 3 runs, lol.

McNei1y

Ramirez said:
Yea, but he got about 150 of those off of like 3 runs, lol.

But I turned it over immediately after getting into scoring position. 2/3 times in after an ap run into the red zone in a turnover. Not saying I would've scored a TD but turning the ball over after plays like that are unlucky.

gg dmczaf.

GG Rors. I played a pretty confused defense most of the game. Bush held under 60 rush yards, but he did break a huge screen while rors was in a prevent.

Rorschach

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
GG Rors. I played a pretty confused defense most of the game. Bush held under 60 rush yards, but he did break a huge screen while rors was in a prevent.
Not prevent. That was such bullshit, lol. But I let you have those last two scores when I could have run out the clock. He stiffarmed a dude who had him wrapped already... smh

CB3 said:
did you win
Yeah... not that I did much. The game decides ahead of time, it seems. :p

Rorschach said:
Yeah... not that I did much. The game decides ahead of time, it seems. :p

The streakiness is too streaky I think : \. I control the player after all, why's he gotta be having mental lapses. And I forgot about that ridiculous pick on the goal line!

Rorschach

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
The streakiness is too streaky I think : \. I control the player after all, why's he gotta be having mental lapses. And I forgot about that ridiculous pick on the goal line!
If I had gone for the pick, it would have been a TD. I don't even know why I went for the bat, but it worked! And, yeah, the streak shit is BS. Why does my WR that has 160 yards have "drops open passes" again?

Top Bottom