• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'll play you bruh. headed on now!

p.s. the player assist thing if you are controlling someone and then you hold down the A button then it basically turns your guy into a computer controlled player. it's basically like switching off your guy to a different player and letting the CPU make the tackle. i've seen people do this for years on punt returns
No, the player plays way above his ratings. If you have a 69 rated guy he has amazing pursuit now. I don't know if those tackles are breakable. I hope so. Also, if you do that LOS thing, it gives them a boost and sucks them right into the ball carrier.

McNei1y

gg Drizz. Reggie Bush was destroying me. I guess run defense is another thing I'm slacking at. Good thing this is just community and not the league yet! lol

I'm going to eat some food but I will be back at my box in like 10-15 if anyone wants to play.

DCX

DCX
McNei1y said:
gg Drizz. Reggie Bush was destroying me. I guess run defense is another thing I'm slacking at. Good thing this is just community and not the league yet! lol

I'm going to eat some food but I will be back at my box in like 10-15 if anyone wants to play.
Bird used to kill me with Bush screens, even if you sniffed it out he would make a move or spin and score a TD :(

DCX

McNei1y

BigAT said:
Anyone want a game? Logging on now.

if you don't find one I'll be back in 10-15 mins.

DCX said:
Bird used to kill me with Bush screens, even if you sniffed it out he would make a move or spin and score a TD :(

DCX

I knew a pitch or run to the outside was coming and yet my pro D line got destroyed which would leave my backup lbs to get juked on. Bush is going to destroy souls.

Striker

BigAT said:
Taking a glance at the first online franchise draft class:

-Top player is rated 85 OVR (three of them)
-24 players rated 80+
-Three 99 SPD WRs, six of them 98-99
-Absurd HB: 96 SPD, 98 AGI, 96 ACC, and then somehow he has 89 trucking too.
I can get by with non-HB speed guys, but if they have a shit ton of speedy HB's, smh.

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Just another 200 yd day for Reggie, nbd guys.

GG, Shiancoe is pretty frustrating. I started double teaming him lol.

too bad reggie bust turns into shit against the niners.... or just decides he doesn't have the courage to finish the game ;)

gg wellington. things just kind of spiraled out of control for eli at the end of the first half. the last play of the first half is good evidence as to why absolutely stacking the line against the run can hurt. if a couple blocks are made there is no one behind to stop it.

i had a good game with kapernick although it was mostly dink and dunk aside from the PA bomb to edwards

Rorschach

BigAT said:
Taking a glance at the first online franchise draft class:

-Top player is rated 85 OVR (three of them)
-24 players rated 80+
-Three 99 SPD WRs, six of them 98-99
-Absurd HB: 96 SPD, 98 AGI, 96 ACC, and then somehow he has 89 trucking too.
Sounds game breaking as usual...

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

FrenchMovieTheme said:
too bad reggie bust turns into shit against the niners.... or just decides he doesn't have the courage to finish the game ;)
Reggie didn't have the courage to finish a quarter against you last time :jnc

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Reggie didn't have the courage to finish a quarter against you last time :jnc

that's what happens when you go head up with pwill!

also, power backs really are viable in the game. brandon jacobs would always fall forward on basically every hit. i hadn't seen much of that to this point but mostly because im used to playing speed backs

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, power backs really are viable in the game. brandon jacobs would always fall forward on basically every hit. i hadn't seen much of that to this point but mostly because im used to playing speed backs

welcome to my life for the past 6 years

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
that's what happens when you go head up with pwill!

Yes power backs are back! Almost Madden 10 quality. It was hard trying to stop BJac. I hurt Bradshaw and Wellie went on the game winning drive behind his huge frame.

A good oline and a power back seem to be the way to go.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
I hate that new animation, btw, where the defender rolls the HB over past the first down marker. Every fucking time.
I especially like when the DTs watch him run by then tackle the rb from behind driving him five yards.

:(

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
There are some teams I played that would not even let Jacobs fall forward. When I play Drizzler he was dead stopping him in his tracks, I couldn't do anything.

If I get the Giants (fat chance) I am already looking to buy on the OL. Baas is criminally underrated in this game and even though Snee and McK are highly rated, I can't fucking run! Guys fly off their blocks right away.

Does anyone want a game?

Also, Derrick Ward is a Houston Texan, not a Giant.

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
There are some teams I played that would not even let Jacobs fall forward. When I play Drizzler he was dead stopping him in his tracks, I couldn't do anything.

If I get the Giants (fat chance) I am already looking to buy on the OL. Baas is criminally underrated in this game and even though Snee and McK are highly rated, I can't fucking run! Guys fly off their blocks right away.

Does anyone want a game?

I wonder if the dynamic progression work on linemen. The more they allow sacks and negative plays the worst they perform as the game goes on.

Update: my bad about Ward Haha

DCX

Rorschach

Game?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lulz, is there anything you DO like about the game?
Sure... most of it is better than NCAA. Don't worry, I won't be a negative nelly in the thread when the league starts. I'll back out if I hate it. With this game, we have time before the league starts. Not so much with NCAA.

Somnia

Wellington said:

Does anyone want a game?

You sure were able to run on me =/

Birdman02

DCX said:

DCX

Don't worry. I'm sure Darren Sproles will be able to fill that role this year. ;)

speed backs haven't really been overpowered at all this year in my experience. the one and only RB i've had problems with is that fat piece of shit Blount, and he's not fast at all. but i understand not everyone has patrick willis on their team. rors and bluemax have a poor mans (lets say a homeless mans actually) patrick willis (according to real life pre-draft stuff!)

now of course the next game i play i'm going to get torched by a speed back for running my mouth!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
speed backs haven't really been overpowered at all this year in my experience. the one and only RB i've had problems with is that fat piece of shit Blount, and he's not fast at all. but i understand not everyone has patrick willis on their team. rors and bluemax have a poor mans (lets say a homeless mans actually) patrick willis (according to real life pre-draft stuff!)

now of course the next game i play i'm going to get torched by a speed back for running my mouth!
No, I don't... he's rated 82 with 81 speed. The only time he makes plays is when I use him. Willis is 98 with 90 speed and 96 ACC. He can keep up with fucking WRs...

McNei1y

BigAT, good game earlier. Wasn't by my CPU to say anything but that was a gg.

Drizz, good second game. 5 turnovers both sides lol.

LukeSmith

BigAT said:
Anyone want a game in 10 minutes?

quarter.jpg

Top Bottom