• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

while we wait for EA to upload the newest rosters before starting our online franchise, a few things came to me as if in a dream that could improve the franchise going forward:

1. why doesn't EA have a "Locker" feature like NCAA where we can download custom rosters and use them in our online franchise? then we wouldn't need to wait for EA to upload the up-to-date rosters and could edit mike vicks injury rating ourselves!

2. there should be an optional "snapping" mini-game in the game. i noticed they finally have the niners real long snapper in the game, one of the best in the league. but i guarantee you i could put fucking frank gore as long snapper and the ball would still get to the holder or punter flawlessly. wasted roster spot and i'll be cutting him immediately. make it a risk-reward EA!

3. offensive linemen RARELY get hurt in the game. this means you don't really need any depth at offensive line and never need to worry about a serious injury.

4. why isn't there a special teams menu? i've got starters on defense covering kicks at punts.... this never happens in real life. they should have a guys normal rating and his special teams coverage rating. obviously in the REAL nfl there are special teams stars who never see the field otherwise.

5. bring back vision cone!

so you see, none of these would really require much effort and yet they are not in the game :(

in other news, hopefully the roster is released soon so we can start up the process of getting the league going. don't forget to signup for league manager!

McNei1y

damn fmt. fmt for EA prez. I agree with all of those (except maybe cone vision lol). The snapping mini game would make field goals and punts much harder.

Also, has anyone returned a kickreturn for a td?

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Is there anything you like about the game?! Hater!

Anyone want to play?

[edit]
McNei1y said:
damn fmt. fmt for EA prez. I agree with all of those (except maybe cone vision lol). The snapping mini game would make field goals and punts much harder.

I did against DM. I returned a punt against Livewire. They seem rare, but some guys break a lot of tackles like Jackson.

DMczaf

1. why doesn't EA have a "Locker" feature like NCAA where we can download custom rosters and use them in our online franchise? then we wouldn't need to wait for EA to upload the up-to-date rosters and could edit mike vicks injury rating ourselves!

Because it's server based. That means they can update it anytime they want without a patch!

2. there should be an optional "snapping" mini-game in the game. i noticed they finally have the niners real long snapper in the game, one of the best in the league. but i guarantee you i could put fucking frank gore as long snapper and the ball would still get to the holder or punter flawlessly. wasted roster spot and i'll be cutting him immediately. make it a risk-reward EA!

We're talking about the same league that has people asking to turn off injuries the second they get a major one. Do you REALLY think people will ask for a feature that could cost them games?

3. offensive linemen RARELY get hurt in the game. this means you don't really need any depth at offensive line and never need to worry about a serious injury.

See answer to 2.

4. why isn't there a special teams menu? i've got starters on defense covering kicks at punts.... this never happens in real life. they should have a guys normal rating and his special teams coverage rating. obviously in the REAL nfl there are special teams stars who never see the field otherwise.

So we can get people putting their starting CBs, WRs, RBs, and Patrick Willises as gunners with 99 speed? Yeah I'm sure you'd like that!

5. bring back vision cone!

Ok!

McNei1y

Rorschach said:
[edit]
I did against DM. I returned a punt against Livewire. They seem rare, but some guys break a lot of tackles like Jackson.

Nice. It just seems everygame I played people had no where to go and get to about the 15-25.

Rorschach

McNei1y said:
Nice. It just seems everygame I played people had no where to go and get to about the 15-25.
In my experience, if you just leave your D on auto-pilot, they will get the returner every time. Both returns were from guys getting players out of position.

DMczaf

Rorschach said:
In my experience, if you just leave your D on auto-pilot, they will get the returner every time. Both returns were from guys getting players out of position.

WTF, I was the kicker on that return! I have no position!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
WTF, I was the kicker on that return! I have no position!
You changed to the guy on the left (your right)* and I took off to that hole. My blocker didn't know what to do, so he just went in circles, but I didn't need him! Blockers are hilarious in PR/KR.

[edit] *Oh wait, it's still your left because Madden uses the same camera for both players!

McNei1y said:

i returned a KR for TD with tedd ginn against drizzler. suck it down dolphins you never should have traded him!

Live returned the opening kickoff against me. A lot of my guys who werent actually blocked got tangled on other peoples blocks I think as he bounced it outside.

Striker

Miserable game for me Wellie, lol. :(

10 carries, 0 yards for Hillis. Might opt to change playbooks to see if any is better for my line and run game. Two of my intercepted passes I saw both guys running open and by the time the ball was closing in the defender was already stepping in front of the receiver.

Need desperate help on the DL. Bradshaw and Jacobs were gashing my middle.

DCX

DCX
Striker said:

10 carries, 0 yards for Hillis. Might opt to change playbooks to see if any is better for my line and run game. Two of my intercepted passes I saw both guys running open and by the time the ball was closing in the defender was already stepping in front of the receiver.

Help on the DLine you say ;)

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:

That's what she said. It's weird tho because I get zero push usually since Baas is so criminally underrated.

I blitzed all day to stop Hillis. I didn't want you doing to me with him what I do to everyone else with Jacobs!

Striker

Wellington said:
That's what she said. It's weird tho because I get zero push usually since Baas is so criminally underrated.

I blitzed all day to stop Hillis. I didn't want you doing to me with him what I do to everyone else with Jacobs!
The RG/C spot was open all day. I had an opportunity in the end with both HB's fumbling (true to form!) but couldn't pass to save my life.

BigAT

My fucking power just went out again. Fantastic timing too, right in the middle if the fourth quarter against Rors.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
My fucking power just went out again. Fantastic timing too, right in the middle if the fourth quarter against Rors.
That sucks, man. Lots of time left, but nothing was going right for me. You had it in the bag.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:
The RG/C spot was open all day. I had an opportunity in the end with both HB's fumbling (true to form!) but couldn't pass to save my life.
Oh yeah forgot about that. I got a chuckle out of it happening while playing a Giants fan who would see the irony in it.

How about that JPP pick lol

BigAT

Rorschach said:
That sucks, man. Lots of time left, but nothing was going right for me. You had it in the bag.
Agreed. That was one of the better games I've played so far AND I had a lot of stuff going well for me. JPP with a FF and a FR!

Power just came back on, anyone for a game?

Rorschach said:
LOL! The game put in Lamarr Houston at QB... Never change, Tiburon!
GG, he went 1/1 though? :jnc.
Was so pissed after that huge td where I missed with the safety. Then the next play same thing happens to you.

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
that is hilarious. did you throw with him? and if so how was he behind center!?
1/1!!!! But he threw it at someone it wasn't intended for... I wanted to go down field lol Crucial play turns into nothing.

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
GG, he went 1/1 though? :jnc.
Was so pissed after that huge td where I missed with the safety. Then the next play same thing happens to you.
Mine was worse since it was a btk.

Rorschach said:
1/1!!!! But he threw it at someone it wasn't intended for... I wanted to go down field lol Crucial play turns into nothing.

Mine was worse since it was a btk.

Yeah you broke free from the CB, I think I missed you completely though right after. Fasano went 80 untouched!

Rorschach

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Yeah you broke free from the CB, I think I missed you completely though right after. Fasano went 80 untouched!
Fasano play was my guy deciding not to cover him anymore because I was in the area. GG EA. And, btw, defensive assignments are bullshit because I had a different guy on fasano... smh

[edit] Also, there was one long run I had where your DE just said "fuck it, I'm gonna stand still now. Check out my tree impression!" and stopped dead in his tracks. Just stood there. Happened a few times with my DE too, but this one was with no one trying to block him lol. My guy was on the ground.

Rorschach said:
Fasano play was my guy deciding not to cover him anymore because I was in the area. GG EA. And, btw, defensive assignments are bullshit because I had a different guy on fasano... smh

Nah I watched the play otg replay after. You ran into the guy covering him (who was already slightly beat) with the safety. Slowed him down enough for Fasano to catch it freely. First game where I was subbing to keep Bush fresh, no point since he's just going to get injured though. Might as well get as much use as I can.

Rorschach

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Nah I watched the play otg replay after. You ran into the guy covering him (who was already slightly beat) with the safety. Slowed him down enough for Fasano to catch it freely. First game where I was subbing to keep Bush fresh, no point since he's just going to get injured though. Might as well get as much use as I can.
Never saw him injured before.

Rorschach

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
He was carted off in the beginning of the 4th.
I meant before this game. McFadden was out practically the whole game. T_T

In fact, Bush took out 3 of my defenders for the rest of the game. One guy he choke slammed...

bluemax

Banned
Rorschach said:
LOL! The game put in Lamarr Houston at QB... Never change, Tiburon!

I think something like that happened to me once. I had a game where after the game Chris Clemons was 1/1. I totally don't know how it happened.

BigAT

GG FMT. I got way too trained in on trying to hit Beckum towards the end and it killed me. It was mainly out of frustration because on the first INT that was thrown in his direction, he was completely wide open and I was even holding left to direct the pass in, but instead it went way wide right directly to Whitner.

Has anyone else experienced a bug with the offense calling an audible sometimes causing the defense to completely realign themselves? FMT made a quick audible while staying in the same formation, I didn't do anything but two of my CBs randomly decided they needed to switch assignments so they started running towards the complete opposite side of the field, then FMT snapped the ball before either of them was in position to cover their man. It resulted in a 50 yard passing gain that setup the game winning field goal. It's frustrating to play a full game and then have something like that come up.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
GG FMT. I got way too trained in on trying to hit Beckum towards the end and it killed me. It was mainly out of frustration because on the first INT that was thrown in his direction, he was completely wide open and I was even holding left to direct the pass in, but instead it went way wide right directly to Whitner.

Has anyone else experienced a bug with the offense calling an audible sometimes causing the defense to completely realign themselves? FMT made a quick audible while staying in the same formation, I didn't do anything but two of my CBs randomly decided they needed to switch assignments so they started running towards the complete opposite side of the field, then FMT snapped the ball before either of them was in position to cover their man. It resulted in a 50 yard passing gain that setup the game winning field goal. It's frustrating to play a full game and then have something like that come up.

Happened to me in my game with that Albatross dude who started the community. On the game winning drive my CBs decided to do that in the redzone, he called an out to Welker and he stepped out of bounds on the play. He still scored a play later :(

DCX

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
I signed up for LeagueManager before - should be OK.

As for this, this is what I love about NCAA. Sub-formation settings! I want to dictate who is on my ST coverage. I want to select who is on my punt block team, or who is helping my return man on punts or kicks. I don't want to see Joe Haden covering kicks and get injured because EA can't get us proper sub formations into the damn game. That and allowing a player to move positions (off-season only). Why is this a big problem for them? Allow somebody like Mathias Kiwanuka to DE, or Kam Wimbley to DE, etc. We can in the depth chart, but when they boil down to have a certain number of players per position it kind of sucks. I guess this would further upset me if EA had an actual FA system in OF, but they don't so heh.

Top Bottom