• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

BigAT said:
GG FMT. I got way too trained in on trying to hit Beckum towards the end and it killed me. It was mainly out of frustration because on the first INT that was thrown in his direction, he was completely wide open and I was even holding left to direct the pass in, but instead it went way wide right directly to Whitner.

Has anyone else experienced a bug with the offense calling an audible sometimes causing the defense to completely realign themselves? FMT made a quick audible while staying in the same formation, I didn't do anything but two of my CBs randomly decided they needed to switch assignments so they started running towards the complete opposite side of the field, then FMT snapped the ball before either of them was in position to cover their man. It resulted in a 50 yard passing gain that setup the game winning field goal. It's frustrating to play a full game and then have something like that come up.

yeah gg. i had a couple blown coverages. on your last TD i thought i had deep help but then i remembered that was my responsibility..... and i got burned!

what i did like is that on the first play of the game you were man to man. my TE beat your LB deep and i chucked it with your cb about 5 yards away but still covering crabtree he didn't go over and make a play on a man that wasn't his while crabtree was still running his route. that's how it should be!

as far as on that play where they switched, i've seen that happen a couple times. i didn't realize your guys were moving without your command :/ i've never had that happen to me on D

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
LOL! The game put in Lamarr Houston at QB... Never change, Tiburon!

My stats had Aaron Smith (DE) as 1/1 in one of my early games I played, had no clue what it was about, and I don't think he was actually in the game at QB at any point, probably just a stat bug...

Sounds like Commish cheese to me BigAT. :p

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
what i did like is that on the first play of the game you were man to man. my TE beat your LB deep and i chucked it with your cb about 5 yards away but still covering crabtree he didn't go over and make a play on a man that wasn't his while crabtree was still running his route. that's how it should be!
Yup. The only reason I didn't switch to one of them was because I thought the pass was going to Crabtree, who was well covered.

What was that odd off set/wing running formation you had? Is that from the 49ers playbook?

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
My stats had Aaron Smith (DE) as 1/1 in one of my early games I played, had no clue what it was about, and I don't think he was actually in the game at QB at any point, probably just a stat bug...

Sounds like Commish cheese to me BigAT. :p
No, we saw the play. It was pretty funny because the OL put up a better pocket for him than Campbell.

Has anyone else experienced a bug with the offense calling an audible sometimes causing the defense to completely realign themselves?
Every single game I've played.

BigAT

Can we get this twins and trips nonsense talked about before the season starts? I refuse to believe there should be any situation in which I have 3 CBs on the field, but I'm forced to have a linebacker cover Mike Wallace of all people. These sets literally break the defensive logic of the game.

We have stuff that is far less exploitative and broken already banned, it's perplexing to me that abuse of these sets has never been addressed.

Anyone that suggests defensive assignments are the answer is either being completely disingenuous or has never actually tried to use them.

Ramirez

BigAT said:
Can we get this twins and trips nonsense talked about before the season starts? I refuse to believe there should be any situation in which I have 3 CBs on the field, but I'm forced to have a linebacker cover Mike Wallace of all people. These sets literally break the defensive logic of the game.

We have stuff that is far less exploitative and broken already banned, it's perplexing to me that abuse of these sets has never been addressed.

Anyone that suggests defensive assignments are the answer is either being completely disingenuous or has never actually tried to use them.

Are you accusing me of exploiting?

I mean really, what can you do to fix it? Take away my twins/trips sets and I'm left with pretty much nothing to choose from.

Rorschach

BigAT said:

It's not twins that's the problem. :\ You get those matchups all the time, but you don't always notice because the LB is out wide (with the CB playing LB) or he doesn't move over to the WR 'till the last second. I have no idea what triggers it, but I get Wimbley and Groves on WRs all the time against normal two wide sets and 3 wide formations where I call nickel D. The only way to guarantee DB coverage is to play Quarter. Even Dime is susceptible to it.

Ramirez

And yea, the game will even tell you presnap that a CB is covering a WR, but when the ball is hiked he'll go the complete opposite direction leaving a guy wide open. The game's defensive logic is just broken all the way around.

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
And yea, the game will even tell you presnap that a CB is covering a WR, but when the ball is hike he'll go the complete opposite direction leaving a guy wide open. The game's defensive logic is just broken all the way around.
<Tiburon> What? You guys wanted more offense! We delivered again! Don't forget to buy coins. See you next year, chumps!

Ramirez

It's quite bothersome to me though that he makes that post right after getting thumped by me. I didn't exploit, never have, never will. FMT/Drizzler/DCX, etc. have had no problems beating me with me using the same offense.

Ramirez said:
It's quite bothersome to me though that he makes that post right after getting thumped by me. I didn't exploit, never have, never will. FMT/Drizzler/DCX, etc. have had no problems beating me with me using the same offense.

i think he was commenting on our game, not yours. i guess i haven't noticed this CB weirdness because i don't play much man to man D since my CB's are fucking awful when they are manned up :(

Rorschach

Ramirez said:
I don't think anyone is accusing you. We all use twins or some variation. It's up to the Madden Gods whether it's covered right or not. He's just hoping there's a solution because defensive assignments clearly don't work.

BigAT said:
Yup. The only reason I didn't switch to one of them was because I thought the pass was going to Crabtree, who was well covered.

What was that odd off set/wing running formation you had? Is that from the 49ers playbook?

i was using the west coast offense playbook. it's missing a lot of the niners double TE formations i like so i'm trying to weigh which would be best for me. in the west coast offense, i get one formation that puts both walker and davis on the field at the sametime. they are both insanely fast and usually when people see "2 WR, 2 TE, 1 RB" formations they come out in a base, so that means VD and walker could both be locked up man to man on LB's who are almost certainly slower than them

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:
I don't think anyone is accusing you. We all use twins or some variation. It's up to the Madden Gods whether it's covered right or not. He's just hoping there's a solution because defensive assignments clearly don't work.

DCX said they worked!

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
DCX said they worked!
We can't all be as elite as DCX to make up for DA's mistakes!

Like a battered housewife, I still go back and assign them. :( At least I feel like I'm doing something. If it goes wrong, then at least I tried!

BigAT

Ramirez said:
Are you accusing me of exploiting?

I mean really, what can you do to fix it? Take away my twins/trips sets and I'm left with pretty much nothing to choose from.
It's just a coincidence that you're running out of those sets the entire game?

It completely dictates the defense in a way that no offense should be able to. I can run the exact same defense two plays in a row and it's an absolute crap shoot as to whether or not my CB will line up against your receiver or if it will be a LB.

We have user catches prohibited because it creates an unfair advantage for the offense. Having your #1 wide receiver not only lined up in the slot, but also lined up against a linebacker creates FAR bigger advantage that user catches does. Please someone tell me that statement isn't correct. Who needs to catch manually when your best receiver can generate an easy 10 yard gap between himself and his defender.

Rorschach

Haha my WRs can't get separation from LBs. :( Doesn't matter that they're 90+ speed. They'll just keep running behind the LB. The only time it was a missmatch was last night when DM pulled a Daw and came out in a 4-3 against 4 wide. Schilens out route to the house! And the defender was there, just missed the tackle.

Rorschach said:
Haha my WRs can't get separation from LBs. :( Doesn't matter that they're 90+ speed. They'll just keep running behind the LB. The only time it was a missmatch was last night when DM pulled a Daw and came out in a 4-3 against 4 wide. Schilens out route to the house! And the defender was there, just missed the tackle.

vernon davis and delaine walker absolutely dust LB's, especially on fly patterns but usually easily outrun them on crossing routes too

Ramirez

BigAT said:
It's just a coincidence that you're running out of those sets the entire game?

It completely dictates the defense in a way that no offense should be able to. I can run the exact same defense two plays in a row and it's an absolute crap shoot as to whether or not my CB will line up against your receiver or if it will be a LB.

We have user catches prohibited because it creates an unfair advantage for the offense. Having your #1 wide receiver not only lined up in the slot, but also lined up against a linebacker creates FAR bigger advantage that user catches does. Please someone tell me that statement isn't correct. Who needs to catch manually when your best receiver can generate an easy 10 yard gap between himself and his defender.

lol, what are you talking about?! I run plays from almost every single one of my sets in my playbook. Go load up the Pittsburgh playbook, it's filled with tons of trio/twins formations and not much else. It's also filled with a lot of tight formations.

You're just mad that you had absolutely no answer for anything that was going on in the game, that's understandable, but don't come on here and tell me that I'm exploiting. Was I exploiting FMT when I threw SEVEN interceptions using the exact same plays that I was using against you?

Sweet lord, I've been playing in these leagues for close to 10 years now, never been accused of exploiting, why would I start now? I also don't move Wallace, sometimes he's lined up at slot, other times he's the in the number 1 spot, I don't move anyone on my depth chart, he's #1 on there as well, I can't help where the game decides to line him up at from play to play and formation to formation.

DCX

DCX
I have had problems with LBs covering wide outs but mostly my MLB trying to cover fast TEs :( in what I deem passing situations I try to adjust my defensive package where possible that adds another CB.

The problem is should i have to be doing these things? Prolly not. I'm not as football knowledgeable as the rest of you so to hear BigAt, Wellie, LJ, Rors speak on realistic football tendencies and who really should be covering who on these plays is eye opening.

I do kinda like " confusion " added to being Maddened as this does happen in real football. Blown coverages, lapse in judgements etc, but having CBs fucking run across the field leaving Wrs wide open is down right ridiculous. No excuse for that whatsoever.

DCX

Ramirez said:
lol, what are you talking about?! I run plays from almost every single one of my sets in my playbook. Go load up the Pittsburgh playbook, it's filled with tons of trio/twins formations and not much else. It's also filled with a lot of tight formations.

You're just mad that you had absolutely no answer for anything that was going on in the game, that's understandable, but don't come on here and tell me that I'm exploiting. Was I exploiting FMT when I threw SEVEN interceptions using the exact same plays that I was using against you?

Sweet lord, I've been playing in these leagues for close to 10 years now, never been accused of exploiting, why would I start now? I also don't move Wallace, sometimes he's lined up at slot, other times he's the in the number 1 spot, I don't move anyone on my depth chart, he's #1 on there as well, I can't help where the game decides to line him up at from play to play and formation to formation.

lets call in 12 in 2 games bruh!

but honestly, i didn't really notice anything weird about anyones sets to date. i know bigAT, luke and CB play almost exclusively from the 3 wide sets but with the WR's they have its not hard to see why. haven't ever felt anything was unstoppable or cheap, even though i have been shredded in the air by just about everyone i play

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
vernon davis and delaine walker absolutely dust LB's, especially on fly patterns but usually easily outrun them on crossing routes too
What sucks about Boss is that he's slow AND he can't catch. No one on my team has hands above the mid 70s except my fullback.

Ramirez

What's even funnier to me is that the plays that I remember Wallace even doing any damage to you, you were in Zone, specifically the long TD in the 1st and the long 3rd down I converted. I noticed the few times you did play man, I either hit quick out routes/slants or they were covered, even Wallace!

I just don't know how I can have multiple completions from Wallace (A whopping 5 completions!), Ward, Miller, Cotchery, Mendenhall, & Gilmore and some how be exploiting the twins and trio packages all game. Not to mention Mendenhall rushing for 96 yards on like 16 carries.

UGH

Ok, I'm done.

daw840

Rorschach said:

God...bringing back Madden 10 here. I've changed now! I swear!

DCX

DCX
Shit is wonky, the league will move on. NCAA had issues and only EA prevented us from continuing our dynasty.

DCX

BigAT

Ramirez said:

I don't even care about that game, it's preseason. Besides that, that loss was completely my own fault and had nothing to do with anything I've said above. I've been meaning to post something about this for a while now, this was just the motivation. This was meant to be a discussion about the use of it in general (although I appreciate it doesn't come off that way), the examples from our game are just the freshest in my mind.

Basically all I'm trying to say is, this is broken, what do we do about it?

BigAT said:
I don't even care about that game, it's preseason. Besides that, that loss was completely my own fault and had nothing to do with anything I've said above. I've been meaning to post something about this for a while now, this was just the motivation. This was meant to be a discussion about the use of it in general (although I appreciate it doesn't come off that way), the examples from our game are just the freshest in my mind.

Basically all I'm trying to say is, this is broken, what do we do about it?

explain again what happens. so you're saying that if you lineup in a man defense, your defenders get confused and sometimes leave guys wide open?

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:
explain again what happens. so you're saying that if you lineup in a man defense, your defenders get confused and sometimes leave guys wide open?
There's a couple of things that go on depending on the exact formation being run. 4-3 base man defense against a 2 WR twins set, you can call the same defensive play multiple times in a row and sometimes your CB will line up against the inside receiver, other times your LB will line up against him. I really have no clue what determines this as I don't run the offensive plays myself enough to see, but the choice of who covers the WR is stripped from the defensive player's control and given to the offense.

If you run a trips formation to a single side against a nickel man defense, the linebacker will ALWAYS cover the third receiver, never the cornerback even though you have 3 CBs on the field against 3 WR. It's essentially impossible to get your corner to cover him and also impossible to know that someone is even running the set before you select your play.

Possibly the worst part about both is that almost all of these sets default to the left side of the field, so your best CB is the one being taken out of the action.

Rorschach

BigAT said:
There's a couple of things that go on depending on the exact formation being run. 4-3 base man defense against a 2 WR twins set, you can call the same defensive play multiple times in a row and sometimes your CB will line up against the inside receiver, other times your LB will line up against him. I really have no clue what determines this as I don't run the offensive plays myself enough to see, but the choice of who covers the WR is stripped from the defensive player's control and given to the offense.

If you run a trips formation to a single side against a nickel man defense, the linebacker will ALWAYS cover the third receiver, never the cornerback even though you have 3 CBs on the field against 3 WR. It's essentially impossible to get your corner to cover him and also impossible to know that someone is even running the set before you select your play.

Possibly the worst part about both is that almost all of these sets default to the left side of the field, so your best CB is the one being taken out of the action.
The three wide/trips thing can be countered by flipping the play when you see they aren't where they are supposed to be. The others are uncounterable. I'm telling you, it's not just twins. It's ALL THE TIME. LBs will switch to CBs in regular formations too. In my game with Drizzler, Wimbley lined up 1 on 1 against Marshall in a normal I formation. Where was Routt? On the other side covering the second WR. Where was Johnson? No clue. Ware (fourth DB) was at the LB spot.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
After the wife and baby go to bed ill be up for some games.

DCX
My girlfriend moved in this weekend.

2scL4.jpg

GG ramirez! Kenny Britt award (With Gates!). Santonio Holmes award. Dan Carpenter onside kick off yo face. I hope you aren't breaking a controller somewhere.

Rorschach

DeAngello Hall has an achievement and it's not "get burned all day"? Bullshit!

GG DM. defensive assignments fail me again... except on that one Routt INT! Good D, btw, DCX.

Ramirez

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
GG ramirez! Kenny Britt award. Santonio Holmes award. Dan Carpenter onside kick off yo face!

lol, I personally quit caring after you scored 3 TDs off the same play, and continuously tried to use it to win, ugh.

Top Bottom