• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

TheCrow

I feel the same way gcq. Even though I could possibly trade for better players I really like my roster right now. Most of my players are young and will only improve in the offseason so barring any unforeseeable regression or retirement I don't feel I have any glaring weaknesses. Free agency should be interesting since I'll have some money to throw around, yet again.

Edit: Really interested in seeing Devine get a full season as the starting rb. Sorry Moreno, :(

Ramirez

GG Colasante, that was a rough one...

Polamalu to miss the entire playoffs, lol.

I have 75 pass deflections on the season, does anyone have more than that? Just curious, I'm sure someone does.

TheCrow

I have 75 pass deflections on the season, does anyone have more than that? Just curious, I'm sure someone does.
My defense had 60 deflections and 39 interceptions but we also play different styles of d. I run 4-3 and almost always use man coverage.

Raiders had 73 deflections but then again they have the fastest dbs in the league.

Mrbob

I've heard through the grapevine that Livewire is going to go after Carl Nicks this off season with a fury. Just wanted to know how he plans on going after Nicks when I'm going to resign him before free agency? :D

Unless you want to throw me some trade suggestions Livewire. I'm open to offers!

Polamalu to miss the entire playoffs, lol.

Ouch, that sucks. The only thing I'm happy about the end of this stretch run heading into the playoffs is that my defense will be fully healthy for the first time in the last 6 weeks.

Ramirez

My defense had 60 deflections and 39 interceptions but we also play different styles of d. I run 4-3 and almost always use man coverage.

Raiders had 73 deflections but then again they have the fastest dbs in the league.

Yea I only have 24 INTs to go with those 75 PDs. I just wanted to see who had the best stonehands team in the league.

Speaking of Carl Nicks we need to implement a rule where if a guy is a certain rating/age/potential that he must be offered a certain number of years

wouldn't want bob scamming the league again!

eznark

Banned
I picked up ghost recon 3ds at launch. It's pretty good if you like turn based grid strategy games.

PERFECT

Yeah I have it too. Game is awesome. Long as well. I have about 20 hours into the game and still not done with it.
Shit. You have terrible taste in games.
I bought when it was under $20. It's not bad for that price.
$20 at best buy right now and I have some best buy bucks that need using.

Thanks kids.

Mrbob

Speaking of Carl Nicks we need to implement a rule where if a guy is a certain rating/age/potential that he must be offered a certain number of years

wouldn't want bob scamming the league again!

How did I scam? I won in open bidding I'd offer him long term if numbers weren't screwed up. 5 year discount isn't much less than a 1 year deal.

DCX

DCX
How did I scam? I won in open bidding I'd offer him long term if numbers weren't screwed up. 5 year discount isn't much less than a 1 year deal.
You could resign him for less though. You take a hit on the one year to get the rights to offer a normal contract.

I understand what he is saying. Scam is not the right word.

Also, he has the right to first refusal in case he declines and he can opt to resign him to the lesser contract or deem him not worthy and allow him to walk.

Nicks has been a huge reason for his success.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Thrasher and I need clarification if we get to cut players without a cap penalty as well, we took over teams in week 3.

Mrbob

You could resign him for less though. You take a hit on the one year to get the rights to offer a normal contract.

I understand what he is saying. Scam is not the right word.

Also, he has the right to first refusal in case he declines and he can opt to resign him to the lesser contract or deem him not worthy and allow him to walk.

Nicks has been a huge reason for his success.

DCX

I did some research, and the top paid left guard is around 8 million per year (which isn't fully guaranteed like our contracts). If I can get Nicks for 8 million per year instead of the 12 I'm paying now I'll take that in a 5 year plan. :D

Nicks is taking up 10 percent of my cap roughly this year lol. I needed oline help and had money in the off season to spend and I doubled down on one guy instead of spreading it all out in free agency.

DCX

DCX
I did some research, and the top paid left guard is around 8 million per year (which isn't fully guaranteed like our contracts). If I can get Nicks for 8 million per year instead of the 12 I'm paying now I'll take that in a 5 year plan. :D

Nicks is taking up 10 percent of my cap roughly this year lol. I needed oline help and had money in the off season to spend and I doubled down on one guy instead of spreading it all out in free agency.
Exactly. Overpay for the rights, and resign for market value :)

DCX

bluemax

Banned
300.jpg

Hmm, $18.

LiveWire

I've heard through the grapevine that Livewire is going to go after Carl Nicks this off season with a fury. Just wanted to know how he plans on going after Nicks when I'm going to resign him before free agency? :D

Unless you want to throw me some trade suggestions Livewire. I'm open to offers!

Who? You looking to get scammed in a trade again?

eznark

Banned
Rule 1 is no abusing exploits. The squib off the middle player is clearly an exploit. You owed me one, so I went for it 4th and 1. I wasn't going to botch about it. Figured it'd be settled in game. Then you quit.

Why does ios hate bitch?

daw840

Rule 1 is no abusing exploits. The squib off the middle player is clearly an exploit. You owed me one, so I went for it 4th and 1. I wasn't going to botch about it. Figured it'd be settled in game. Then you quit.

Why does ios hate bitch?

No, the surprise onside kick is not a fucking exploit. It works maybe 1 out of 10 times. It's a big risk.

What do you want me to do in that situation? Call a timeout? I called a punt return assuming you'd follow a spelled out rule. You came out to go for it. I shouldn't be penalized a timeout because of you not following the rules. There is NO RULE stating not to use the onside kick, there is a very SPECIFIC rule about 4th downs.

How about the 5 wide you ran 75% of the time. The rules specifically say not to do that too. You don't seem to care.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Prob not the best timing but Ez, don't take offense to anything crazy I may say this week. I'll be firmly tongue in cheek as I try and bait Legendary, weinke, and WinoMcCougarStein.

Mrbob

Have the Packers decided which QB is starting on Sunday? Giants won't have a chance is McCarthy goes for the HOFlynn dagger.

Top Bottom