• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned
I for one do not understand the DOTA phenomenon.

Its the pick up basketball of video games.

If you play it by yourself its like going to the park and hooping it up with random strangers, it could be good or it could be the worst thing ever.

If you play with friends then its as good as bad as you make it.

As for why it got so popular, well it was a free mod and could be easily played with a pirated copy of WC3 so that made it really attractive in certain parts of Europe and China.

If you play it by yourself its like going to the park and hooping it up with random strangers, it could be good or it could be the worst thing ever.

Could use that analogy for just about every blizzard game.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I gotta thank FMT. Completely took any pressure off my game. Even if I lose he goes down as fraud of the year after how he played the last week of the season and the wild card playoff round!
[/url]

how do I interpret this?

BigAT

I for one do not understand the DOTA phenomenon.

I never really understood it either. Dota 2 is the first one I've ever given a real shot though and I've definitely gotten into it. It's a nice mix of genres that provides for good teamplay when it goes right. Even though I like it quite a bit, I still don't quite understand how it's as popular as it is. That's not to say I don't get why it's popular, it's just that the numbers it does, especially worldwide, are still mind boggling to me.

I have to admit I have cooled a little on it recently though. I did well enough early on that I got bumped up in skill level to the range where everyone that plays seems to be a subhuman piece of shit, incapable of even the most basic forms of civility.

Mrbob

how do I interpret this?

Haha, it wasn't a shot at you! FMT was giving me a lot of smack talk not only on here, but also on aim how he easily had the bye week locked up after I lost to Crow. Then he lost the last week of the season, and got destroyed in the wild card round! He got hit with some karma!

DCX

DCX
Haha, it wasn't a shot at you! FMT was giving me a lot of smack talk not only on here, but also on aim how he easily had the bye week locked up after I lost to Crow. Then he lost the last week of the season, and got destroyed in the wild card round! He got hit with some karma!
Nice spin, must work in politics.

* Levious prints quote out and sticks it to his wall *

DCX

eznark

Banned
I'm still trying to get an invite. :(

let me iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

As for why it got so popular, well it was a free mod and could be easily played with a pirated copy of WC3 so that made it really attractive in certain parts of Europe and China.

racist

As for the mastershake punting issue...idiotic. Is it really difficult to program the AI on a punt to GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE FOOTBALL. Madden seems more cluster-fuck broken in a lot of ways than it has been in recent history. I look forward to the spectacle that new hardware will bring.

levious

I just constantly hold up on the left stick while hitting B to continually switch players, that works well enough to keep them off of it. In our game, our players got locked up and you were screwed at that point. You really should have just called a return though.

well, he really should have won our game. Didn't really capitalized on my first half picks, and my game winning drive was capped off by a pretty lucky 30 yard gain that was able to get out of bounds.

Smokey

He did get his players away from the ball. The punt was coming down within the 5 yard line so by chance I was trying to down it and stop it from getting into the endzone. The gunner on his team who was charged with blocking me stick to my guy. When I turned to the projected landing spot on the punt, his guy was on the inside and that's how the ball hit him.

DCX

DCX
He did get his players away from the ball. The punt was coming down within the 5 yard line so by chance I was trying to down it and stop it from getting into the endzone. The gunner on his team who was charged with blocking me stick to my guy. When I turned to the projected landing spot on the punt, his guy was on the inside and that's how the ball hit him.
So you cheesed him, got it.

DCX

eznark

Banned

Yeah, that happens all the time and is bullshit.

levious

they also need to fix the downing the punt thing within the game. You can often down it at the 1 yard line by just making contact with the ball before it goes into the endzone.

levious

they improved return coverage at least, don't think I've gotten but maybe one kick return in Madden 12.

LiveWire

I don't but the rules governing body has you mark ya know. Anything Smokey does is a violation regardless if someone else does the same thing.

Looking out for ya bud.

DCX

Yea, the International Association of General Managers has been wanting to pull your license for a while.

DCX

DCX
Yea, the International Association of General Managers has been wanting to pull your license for a while.
Oh there is the quarterly troll from the perennial lottery member. How's Tanico working out for ya? 14 mill for Dunta?

Business as usual it seems.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Oh, Browns won the final week. 8-8 finish. Other news worthy to note: Peter Newcomer won Offensive Rookie of the Year! Despite a mediocre second half, no less.

That's a pretty nice turn around season!

For fun here is everyone in the league's win differential between season 1 and season 2:

Bears +6
Browns +5
Bills +4
Chiefs +4
Seahawks +4
Titans +3
Buccs +2
Cowboys +2
Falcons +2
Redskins +2
Broncos +1
Packers +1
Steelers +1
Colts +0
Giants +0
Panthers +0
Rams +0
Ravens +0
Saints +0
Patriots -1
Texans -1
49ers -2
Bengals -2
Chargers -2
Dolphins -2
Jets -2
Raiders -2
Eagles -3
Lions -3
Cardinals -4
Jaguars -6
Vikings -6

The main encouraging thing about this is that most of the elite teams from Season 1 (49ers, Raiders, Eagles, Giants, Colts, Steelers, Texans, Buccs, Bengals) saw their win totals drop or stay roughly the same. I know for these players this isn't encouraging but to me what this says is that with roster improvement it is possible for the gap to close a bit and the league to become more competitive.

The discouraging things are obviously the Vikings and Jaguars massive drops in win totals and the general lack of improvement (by win totals) of the Rams, Ravens and Patriots. Obviously there are a ton of factors to consider with these teams however and raw win numbers don't necessarily show improvements that may have happened over the course of the season.

Season 1 # of teams .500 or better: 15
Season 2 # of teams .500 or better: 17

Over half the league made it to at least 8-8 this season! Interestingly there were 5 7-9 teams in season 1 and only 3 in season 2. Of the 7-9 teams in season 1, 2 improved their records (Bills, Titans), 1 remained the same (Panthers) and 2 regressed (Lions, Dolphins).

Anywho, just some quick fun with numbers.

DMczaf

The main encouraging thing about this is that most of the elite teams from Season 1 (49ers, Raiders, Eagles, Giants, Colts, Steelers, Texans, Buccs, Bengals) saw their win totals drop or stay roughly the same.

i7MtzbIdR4EYj.gif

LiveWire

Oh there is the quarterly troll from the perennial lottery member. How's Tanico working out for ya? 14 mill for Dunta?

Business as usual it seems.

DCX

Tanico's working out great for costing me a few hundred grand and not having to trade up draft picks to get Kaiser or Newcomer (instead trading down to get a stud RB, stud safety and stud OL). Dunta worked out great considering he was only on my payroll for one year where I lost my highest rated CB to injury for 11 weeks. Not to mention having less cap room to maneuver in general, thanks to Shanahan extremely overpaying Bowen, Cofield and Carriker. I'm doing pretty well all things considered.

You on the other hand took what was on paper a very strong Falcons team and shredded it. Business as usual is right.

DCX

DCX
Tanico's working out great for costing me a few hundred grand and not having to trade up draft picks to get Kaiser or Newcomer. Dunta worked out great considering he was only on my payroll for one year where I lost my highest rated CB to injury for 11 weeks. Not to mention having less cap room to maneuver thanks to Shanahan extremely overpaying Bowen, Cofield and Carriker. I'm doing pretty well all things considered.

You on the other hand took what was on paper a very strong Falcons team and shredded it. Business as usual is right.
Lol shredded? Have you seen my roster? I have a very good defense and very good offense.

Only to get better, under the cap with money to spend. My user skills only keep me from the playoffs and beyond.

Yes Live, playoffs. The goal for most of us.

DCX

LiveWire

Lol shredded? Have you seen my roster? I have a very good defense and very good offense.

Only to get better, under the cap with money to spend. My user skills only keep me from the playoffs and beyond.

Yes Live, playoffs. The goal for most of us.

DCX

You only made the playoffs with a roster that was almost as overrated as the Eagles roster. My goal is a championship. I shoot higher than just crowing about how many playoff appearances I have. If I only ever get one Madden championship that would be fine, cause it would be one more than you'll ever have.

Oh and if you have such a great defense, why are you begging for Orakpo and Landry and willing to trade away Roddy White and draft picks?

DCX

DCX
You only made the playoffs with a roster that was almost as overrated as the Eagles roster. My goal is a championship. I shoot higher than just crowing about how many playoff appearances I have. If I only ever get one Madden championship that would be fine, cause it would be one more than you'll ever have.
Lol yes please win a super bowl. To get there you need to get to playoffs than maybe win a game.

In the meantime I will continue to make steps to get into the dance, hope you join us someday.

DCX

Smokey

Mid day roast session going on in here.

I just know that DCX said at the beginning of Season 2 that I should be in the running for GM of the Year award for releasing Schaub and rolling with Leniart...yet here we are back in the playoffs. Hmm

WHAT SAY YOU NOW DCX

DCX

DCX

Oh and if you have such a great defense, why are you begging for Orakpo and Landry and willing to trade away Roddy White and draft picks?
Begging? Doubt I was begging I did ask about Beasley and Landry.

Of course you use the over value system and ask for world, I thought about it and yea not worth it so I moved on.

I will make moves that will improve me the same. I'm loving the attention man. Love it!

DCX

DCX

DCX
Mid day roast session going on in here.

I just know that DCX said at the beginning of Season 2 that I should be in the running for GM of the Year award for releasing Schaub and rolling with Leniart...yet here we are back in the playoffs. Hmm

WHAT SAY YOU NOW DCX
Shaub player of year. With Shaub you would have been a number one seed. We will see what the playoffs bring Mr Gm.

All I know is no matter what I do, I will always win the award. Some people just have reps, ask Live.

DCX

LiveWire

Begging? Doubt I was begging I did ask about Beasley and Landry.

Of course you use the over value system and ask for world, I thought about it and yea not worth it so I moved on.

I will make moves that will improve me the same. I'm loving the attention man. Love it!

DCX

Oh you were begging don't make me post the PMs.

bluemax

Banned
Livewire only had 1 less loss than DCX despite scoring 90 something less points all season.

Then again DCX had a positive point differential and a losing record.

Smokey

Shaub player of year. With Shaub you would have been a number one seed. We will see what the playoffs bring Mr Gm.

All I know is no matter what I do, I will always win the award. Some people just have reps, ask Live.

DCX

The point being I found a way to get to the playoffs...Schaub or no Schaub. Therefore I am immune from your GM award. You of all people should know how magical Leinart can be!

It's all yours!

DCX

DCX
Also keep in mind. The only thing stopping me from being better is me. 30 ints season 1, 31 season 2.

I need to cut down mistakes and it will give me a +3 to 4 next season. I aim for 15 or less. I force around 35 so thay alone will be a HUGE difference.

I also need to play a better user defender. I did pretty well but its not easy making the transition from dline to lb or S.

Turner did great this season. 1400 yards like 10 TDs. Need more of that.

Are the rest of the wildcard matches being played tonight?

DCX

Mrbob

Haha, NMA is always awesome!

Bluemax, can you post a link for the upcoming draft. This year was only phase one of transforming my offense. I need to get another TE so I can run double TE sets next season!

Ramirez

Which is surprising, because you love competitive games that reward and incent teamwork and you love character building. That you don't play DOTA blows my mind. It's right in your wheelhouse

Yea, it's completely likely that I would enjoy the game if I tried it. I just have so little gaming time, and I'm putting it all into TOR atm. :p

I'll be around tonight if anyone wants to playoff double dip.

levious

Bluemax, can you post a link for the upcoming draft. This year was only phase one of transforming my offense. I need to get another TE so I can run double TE sets next season!

Witten can be yours

TheCrow

I was just kidding. Leave the TEs for me.

DCX

DCX
Witten will command a lot of attention this off season. Great piece to add to a team who needs that first down and red zone Target.

DCX

Birdman02

Bob, I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to play tonight..it's not looking good right now. Any chance you can play at 6est when I get home from work?

Top Bottom