• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

bluemax

Banned

TheCrow

Witten will command a lot of attention this off season. Great piece to add to a team who needs that first down and red zone Target.

DCX
If Witten does become a Free Agent I might go after him depending on his contract. He'd be a big improvement over my young TEs that haven't progressed well.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
If Witten does become a Free Agent I might go after him depending on his contract. He'd be a big improvement over my young TEs that haven't progressed well.

think he's asking for ~17 million a year now, my only hope is that he regresses down to low 90's OVR.

I hear the next draft after this one is pretty shitty.

TheCrow

Fuck that. No one will ever get paid that much on my team. Guess I'll stick with my 3 TEs who are locked up for 3 years at a total of 1.5 million. I just need to get lucky in progression since they are all B and A potential.

Smokey

You'd be living the dream! Wide receivers are for suckers!

Or you could have a stud WR, fast secondary WR, and the ultimate TE core (Tony G, Owen Daniels, J Dreesen)

with a mediocre QB lol

I look forward to increasing the cheese factor of the Houston Texans in the offseason

DMczaf

BREAKING: CB Aqib Talib has failed to come to terms with a contract extension with the Buccaneers after demanding nearly $10M a year. He will test the free agent market.

Ramirez

So looking at my stats, I increased my passer rating by 14 points and dropped my INT total by 8. TD's were exactly the same at 29...

In other news Carlos Dunlap was 1 Sack shy of doubling the amount of my entire teams sack total. EA really needs to work on pressure in 3-4 defense in the game. Does anyone here run 3-4 and get consistent pressure? The sacks I do have usually come from someone rolling out or trying to scramble, lol.

Ravens have 32, jokes on me.

LukeSmith

sorry, just double checked, 13 million.

And I can't believe Somnia cut Bruce Carter but kept Keith Brooking and Bradie James, I was sabotaged from within!

I'll trade you Bruce Carter, he didn't see much action for me this year. Make an offer!

Also, the player ratings not aligning (I've talked about this before) in-game, with League Manager (out of game) is going to result in teams having to overpay for guys that are rated lower in game than they are on the site.

That's retarded and we're not going to be dealing with it. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet, but it will probably involve something like each team will be able to point out 3 players who are misrated (easily cross referenced by Commish and Associates) and those salaries will be lowered down to where they should be for the rating.

E.g., Mario Williams on LM is rated 98, in game he's rated 89, DCX shouldn't be paying 98-rated money (18M) when he's getting 89 value.

Also, if someone felt like doing the heavy-lifting for finding the top 5 paid players at each position, e.g., Tackle (not LT), I'm totally down with giving each team 1 franchise tag.

And, I see the per team salary caps are going up by 10M this year.

Carry on.

bluemax

Banned
How do we know which draft it is again? I thought it was supposed to be random this time?

The online drafts always occur in the same order, it is only random in offline franchise.

Also I did some quick and dirty SoS calculations and updated the draft order

Code:
Jaguars		1	15	0
Patriots	4	12	0 (135)* (2 or 3)
Lions		4	12	0 (135)* (2 or 3)
Rams		4	12	0 (137)* (3 or 4)
Ravens		4	12	0 (137)* (3 or 4)
Vikings		4	12	0 (145)
Packers		5	11	0 (131)
Dolphins	5	11	0 (136)
Cowboys		6	10	0 (123)
Cardinals	6	10	0 (127)
Redskins	6	10	0 (130)
Jets		6	10	0 (138)
Seahawks	7	9	0 (124)* (13 or 14)
Panthers	7	9	0 (124)* (13 or 14)
Falcons		7	9	0 (127)
Browns		8	8	0 (122)* (16 or 17)
Chargers	8	8	0 (122)* (16 or 17)
Titans		8	8	0 (125)
Chiefs		8	8	0 (133)
Bengals		9	7	0
*Actual spot will be determined by EA coin flip o rama.

The number in parenthesis are the combined win totals of that teams opponents. Despite playing in tough divisions the Browns and Chargers had two of the softest schedules in the league! I think this is because they both played the Jags.

I'll trade you Bruce Carter, he didn't see much action for me this year. Make an offer!

Also, the player ratings not aligning (I've talked about this before) in-game, with League Manager (out of game) is going to result in teams having to overpay for guys that are rated lower in game than they are on the site.

That's retarded and we're not going to be dealing with it. I haven't figured out how to fix it yet, but it will probably involve something like each team will be able to point out 3 players who are misrated (easily cross referenced by Commish and Associates) and those salaries will be lowered down to where they should be for the rating.

E.g., Mario Williams on LM is rated 98, in game he's rated 89, DCX shouldn't be paying 98-rated money (18M) when he's getting 89 value.

Also, if someone felt like doing the heavy-lifting for finding the top 5 paid players at each position, e.g., Tackle (not LT), I'm totally down with giving each team 1 franchise tag.

Carry on.

Yeah Deion Butler is 69 in game and 75 on league manager. He wants almost $3million in league manager. Although he shows up as 75 on the EA website as well. I swear I have one WR whose rating is off between LM and in game.

bluemax

Banned
Hmm actually those ties in draft order might be broken by divisional/conference records before coin flips. Not sure how that works though.

DCX

DCX

Carry on.
Yes. 100% yes. I have the same issue with Kendrick Lewis being 78 on LM and 76 in game. Some others are way off also.

The data is suppose to pull right from the servers so idk why or how this is happening.

I like your ideas a lot, and the cap raise would help lower market cash strapped teams succeed in free agency and people pay thier draft class in the very least.

As blue mentioned before is around 12 million.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I think LM just has the OVR formula incorrect. Can't be simply using base OVRs as some have gone up. All the individual attributes seem fine, just some OVRs are wrong.

BigAT

Yes. 100% yes. I have the same issue with Kendrick Lewis being 78 on LM and 76 in game. Some others are way off also.

The data is suppose to pull right from the servers so idk why or how this is happening.

I like your ideas a lot, and the cap raise would help lower market cash strapped teams succeed in free agency and people pay thier draft class in the very least.

As blue mentioned before is around 12 million.

DCX

LM does pull from the servers, the problem is the servers are wrong too. If you look at player management, it will show the same ratings as LM does.

I just wish there were an easier way to see a player's "real" rating. The only way to do it, as far as I know, is through the depth chart (or in an actually game) which means you need to already have a guy signed to your roster in order to know what his rating is. There's a 63 rated TE I wanted to sign in the offseason, but he was asking for $3.5M per year since he's somehow rated 75 on LM. The difference can be incredibly significant.

LukeSmith

I am not going to go "Inside the Numbers" here because whatever Sanjo has, I don't want, but let's look at his passing stats this season with Tom Brady, the highest rated QB in the game.

311/582 53.4% 4311 yards 22 TDs 74 INTs

53% of pass attempts resulted in a completion
12% of pass attempts resulted in an interception
3.7% of pass attempts resulted in a TD pass
7% of completions resulted in a TD

LukeSmith

On the eve of their playoff battle with the vaunted Denver Broncos reports emerged from Indianapolis that superstar quarterback and face of the franchise Peyton Manning may be on the move after this season. Quarterback Curtis Painter is expected to start against the Broncos.

Additionally the Colts have reached an agreement in principle with an undisclosed team for MLB Bruce "Mr." Carter.

I am not going to go "Inside the Numbers" here because whatever Sanjo has, I don't want, but let's look at his passing stats this season with Tom Brady, the highest rated QB in the game.

lololololololol

TheCrow

On the eve of their playoff battle with the vaunted Denver Broncos reports emerged from Indianapolis that superstar quarterback and face of the franchise Peyton Manning may be on the move after this season. Quarterback Curtis Painter is expected to start against the Broncos.

Additionally the Colts have reached an agreement in principle with an undisclosed team for MLB Bruce "Mr." Carter.
Well there goes any chance of me winning. :(

bluemax

Banned

Truly a season for the ages.

Ramirez

I have to believe Sanjuro is trolling with the 74 INTs, I didn't play him this year, but to anyone who did, was he actually trying?

TheCrow

He tries to a point but once he's in a hole he keeps digging. Then again I played him earlier in the year so don't know he played toward the end.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
That's a pretty nice turn around season!

For fun here is everyone in the league's win differential between season 1 and season 2:

Bengals -2

Anywho, just some quick fun with numbers.

My life was significantly busier this season than last, I wasn't focused as much and I had two of the most bizarre losses in the franchise. (Dog causing me to miss FG, having the game locked up against crow and basically giving it to him with defensive TDs). I'm ok with where I'm at and welcome the offseason. Haven't decided if I'll come back. If I don't come back Splat is actually a Bengals fan.

Damn. No way I get that Nevada TE. I need to make another trade. I'd take a flyer on the 68 rated A pot perhaps a little early if I knew we were playing multiple more seasons.

Jermaine Gresham is available.

So looking at my stats, I increased my passer rating by 14 points and dropped my INT total by 8. TD's were exactly the same at 29...

In other news Carlos Dunlap was 1 Sack shy of doubling the amount of my entire teams sack total. EA really needs to work on pressure in 3-4 defense in the game. Does anyone here run 3-4 and get consistent pressure? The sacks I do have usually come from someone rolling out or trying to scramble, lol.

Ravens have 32, jokes on me.

Carlos Dunlap is the MVP and DPOY. Please respect him. He single handedly had as many or more sacks than 13 other teams.

I'm willing to trade him for a first rounder if anyone's interested. He's 93 OVR.

Nightz

Seemed like he was trying in our game, but with the sheer number of passes he throws, it gets easier to figure out what he's doing and where he's likely to go. So I just had to put players in the right position to make plays.

That was the one game were my DB's weren't stonehanded.

LukeSmith

Inside the Numbers: Peyton Manning's swan songs in Indy

Season over season it looks grim. After a record setting campaign where he threw for a then-NFL record 5113 yards, Manning threw for 3140 yards this season, a huge drop off (almost 40%).

Let's look at the differences:

2011 352/479 73.5% 5133 yards 43 TDs and 18 INTs
  • 9% of attempts resulted in a TD
  • 3.5% of all attempts resulted in an INT
  • 30 attempts per game
  • 11 yards per attempt

225/311 72.3% 3140 yards 24 TDs 15 INTs (15 games)
  • 7.7% of attempts resulted in a TD
  • 4.8% of attempts resulted in an INT
  • 21 attempts per game
  • 10.1 yards per attempt

Overall just "down" year over year. But why? Rushing, time of possession and defensive numbers tell the real tale here.

Top Bottom