• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
AFC East vs NFC West/AFC South
AFC North vs NFC East/AFC West
AFC South vs NFC North/AFC East
AFC West vs NFC South/AFC North

NFC East vs AFC North/NFC South
NFC North vs AFC South/NFC West
NFC South vs AFC West/NFC East
NFC West vs AFC East/NFC North

McNei1y

Breaking News from Minnesota.

Minnesota Times said:
When we, the fans, look back on the 2012 season, we realize how far our 2011 team had fallen. It's upsetting. With most of the vets returning from the previous year as well as adding the new rookies, especially first round pick Burch, the team looked as if it would be a massive improvement and maybe even progress further into the NFC Wild Card by beating CB3's Philadelphia Eagles. It was an exciting season turned to rubble. The young guys that were given a start in 2011 had progressed and were expected to do better moving forward into 2012. Unfortunately, it didn't turn out that way.

The NFC North was a back and forth competition with one clear winner, Bob's Bears. The Vikings managed to pull out a victory over the undefeated Bears but that was the only exciting victory of the season. They lost several close games including: Eznark's Packers, FMT's 49er's, and Birdman's Saints. Games that were in grasp were suddenly taken away from them, one reason for the poor record. What would have caused such a sudden downfall of a season? We asked GM McNei1y:

"Well I have no clue. We went into last years draft with our heads high and had our eyes set on obtaining an outside linebacker to compliment Greenway and to draft a lineman or two. We had succeeded in our selections. We went into the 2012 season with every starter from 2011 with the exceptions of CB Griffin (released in 2011-2012 offseason for undisclosed reasons). We went into the 2012 season with a new defensive playbook that worked during training camp and we had added Adibi to our MLB core. Something didn't seem right, now that we stand at the end of the year. We were the worst defense in the NFL, allowing 490 opposing points. It was also a rough year adjusting to the playbook.

It was unfortunate that we had lost Percy Harvin for 8 weeks, EJ Henderson twice for a total of 5 weeks, and FB Tahi for 3 weeks. There's nothing more I can say except that my F.O. team and I are going into the war room to discuss what should be done this upcoming offseason and what we should do for 2013."

The words expressed by McNei1y were straightforward and had shared much of the same feelings of what the fans of Minnesota had felt. With only a 1-7 record on the road, the team needs to do something to improve on their -6 win differential. Will it be to sign free agents? That doesn't look like a valid option with cap space being very thing. Will it be to rebuild? Who knows. But this offseason, we know that Minnesota will be in for a ride.

what I do with my freetime is time well spent.

LukeSmith

The main encouraging thing about this is that most of the elite teams from Season 1 (49ers, Raiders, Eagles, Giants, Colts, Steelers, Texans, Buccs, Bengals) saw their win totals drop or stay roughly the same. I know for these players this isn't encouraging but to me what this says is that with roster improvement it is possible for the gap to close a bit and the league to become more competitive.

Mine and Ram's numbers are wrong. He cheated me out of a win so he's actually a 0 and I'm a +1.

DCX

DCX
Wait, wellie's not coming back? When did this happen?
He not coming back but yet he is entertaining offers for Dunlap.
Cmonson.jpg

I think he is thinking about it, I'm sure the offseason and stuff and air of a new year will sway him back.

We all been there.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
AFC East vs NFC West/AFC South
AFC North vs NFC East/AFC West
AFC South vs NFC North/AFC East
AFC West vs NFC South/AFC North

NFC East vs AFC North/NFC South
NFC North vs AFC South/NFC West
NFC South vs AFC West/NFC East
NFC West vs AFC East/NFC North

Oh joy, I get to endure the Sanjuro experience next season!

Mine and Ram's numbers are wrong. He cheated me out of a win so he's actually a 0 and I'm a +1.

:p

Nightz

Right click and save...

DCX

Just keeping it real. In fact, I think 6 total wins is a little too generous. I think 4 wins is more likely. Here's how I figure it:
  • 4 losses to Crow and MMK
  • I've never beaten Wellie, DM, Birdman, or you for that matter (small sample of games since all you guys are/were in the NFC, but I'm still winless) = 4 more losses
  • Ram is a loss
  • I always have close games with Striker and GCQ so those could go either way
  • That leaves Trasher, daw (x2), and if we go by the standings in LM, Jags and Patriots. No guaranteed wins there either.

Set low expectations and you won't be disappointed!

bluemax

Banned
EA needs spectator mode for future sport games.

Between DotA2's streaming and all the people who used Own3d.tv to stream League of Legends, I spend almost as much time watching competitive gaming as I do actual sports. If I could watch Madden GAF it might almost be too much to handle.

Nightz

I e-mailed the LM guys and had them fix the bug where it shows Eagles vs. Jets for all the playoff matchups. It's showing the right teams now.

Ramirez

I finished 12-4 last year, even with your loss I'm 13-3, still a one game improvement!

I can't even remember the last time we played Nightz, I don't think we played any scrims this year. :(

Nightz

I finished 12-4 last year, even with your loss I'm 13-3, still a one game improvement!

I can't even remember the last time we played Nightz, I don't think we played any scrims this year. :(

Yeah we haven't played at all this year. Last time we played each other was probably Madden 10 when I was the Bengals lol.

Nightz

So after the LM guy replied to my e-mail, I replied and asked him about the draft console. His answer:

Some info coming out in the next couple days along with a big announcement. Stay tuned.

Translation: Don't hold your breath and stop bothering me. (He's been saying the same thing for a couple of months now)

Mrbob

Lol do I have to play this second half. The Katrina fix is in.

Stupid punt my guy runs away from hits my other guy, safety.

Had to challenge on a 3rd and 10 to overturn a wrong call

Got a TAINT off of hitting A no hike hit it again cutler throws it right away

More breaking bad to watch!

BigAT

Lol do I have to play this second half. The Katrina fix is in.

Had to challenge on a 3rd and 10 to overturn a wrong call

Got a TAINT off of hitting A no hike hit it again cutler throws it right away

More breaking bad to watch!

And a man, a man provides. And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it. Because he's a man.

LukeSmith

Between DotA2's streaming and all the people who used Own3d.tv to stream League of Legends, I spend almost as much time watching competitive gaming as I do actual sports. If I could watch Madden GAF it might almost be too much to handle.

That I can just log in to DOTA2 while my chef cooks dinner and watch a game while I wait is incredible.

Nevermind all of the VODs I watch at JoinDota.com

Birdman02

GG Bob. Madden struck a couple of times in my favor in the 1st half. I consider it karma for the Knox warp through my defender catch in our first game.

DCX

DCX
so Texans/Bills and Broncos/Colts getting done tonight?
Sounds like it. Divisional games might not get done till tomorrow. Bird is tied up tonight. Sat for championship games and Sunday superbowl along with draft..perfect

DCX

As for the mastershake punting issue...idiotic. Is it really difficult to program the AI on a punt to GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE FOOTBALL. Madden seems more cluster-fuck broken in a lot of ways than it has been in recent history. I look forward to the spectacle that new hardware will bring.

He did get his players away from the ball. The punt was coming down within the 5 yard line so by chance I was trying to down it and stop it from getting into the endzone. The gunner on his team who was charged with blocking me stick to my guy. When I turned to the projected landing spot on the punt, his guy was on the inside and that's how the ball hit him.

they also need to fix the downing the punt thing within the game. You can often down it at the 1 yard line by just making contact with the ball before it goes into the endzone.

I forgot to mention but when i was playing Thrasher earlier in the season the same thing happened to him. punted inside the 5, he cleared out but it still hit one of hes guys. I recovered and scored. Once i saw him clear out i went to go grab some water and when i came back i had the ball... i was like wtf just happened? I know he was pissed.

I think the shadow council should address punting in this game when it comes to trying to pin someone deep. There is something clearly broken in the AI and when it breaks it can change the game dramatically. It's basically a free 7 points and a huge momentum shift.

Maybe instead we should be forced to kick it out of the back of the endzone? I don't know what would be the best way to do it. I know its really lame and its a free 15-20 yds. Also it's not very sim-like if we can't try to pin people deep but i would gladly give up the ability to pin someone deep to get rid this annoyance.

daw840

Wow, I'm +4? I would assume that's slightly inflated, since FMT subbed and I got 1 sim win. Then again, FMT lost one for me and won one....sooooooo

Top Bottom