• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

TheCrow

I'm going to start using twins next season. I like running out of it but because I didn't pass so it was too predictable. Won't be basing my entire offense on it but I will use it every now and then.

DCX

DCX
4 Fumbles, which I only recovered 2 of, one was by his FB and one was by Manning on a scramble (lol). I later put Manning out of the game on another scramble (again lol).

You went for it twice on 4th down in the same drive in the 1st quarter! Both of which were easy FG opportunities, but instead you turned it over on downs, you were only down 14-0, what's the point of rules if we're not going to follow them?

If he had of scored a TD on that drive it would have completely changed the game, and by definition of the rules, he should have took the FG both times, one was on my 30 and the other was on my 20, there was no wind to speak of, would have been easy FGs.

The punting thing in the 2nd half was lame as well, just pick some plays and get the game over with, or just quit out.

Mike Smith?

DCX

Birdman02

My man.

Bird, I'll be around pretty much all of today. Let me know when you can play.

The best time for me would be 6 est when I get home from work. I could maybe play at 1est if that's better for you, but we usually play basketball on Thursdays during lunch.

Smokey

I though manually rushing a DL was manual blitzing I thought manually rushing with anybody was manually blitzing..so no you didnt manually blitz my mistake. And when Im moving lbs and stuff before snap its usually to align them to who they are holding madden likes to have players from across the field holding others for some reason.

I see.

In that case I apologize for partially unleashing my wrath.
The other stuff I listed was still a legit complaint

Now rolling to the right and passing is "cheese"

What the fuck? Lord I hope I never play Smokey.

POCKET PRESENCE

You can scramble egg all you want, it's ok I know how to stop it.

Doesn't make it any less annoying.

eznark

Banned
Speed: 88 Strength: 67 Agility: 91
Acceleration: 90 Awareness: 98 Trucking: 54
Elusiveness: 70 Ball Carrier Vision: 80 Stiff Arm: 52
Spin Move: 82 Juke Move: 87 Carrying: 80
Catching: 79 Route Running: 48 Catch in Traffic: 55
Spectacular Catch: 79 Release: 45 Jumping: 91
Throw Power: 22 Throw Accuracy: 19 Tackle: 65
Hit Power: 48 Power Moves: 57 Finesse Moves: 77
Block Shedding: 64 Throw Accuracy Short: 5 Throw Accuracy Medium: 5
Throw Accuracy Deep: 5 Throw on the Run: 5 Play Action: 5
Pursuit: 88 Play Recognition: 94 Man Coverage: 86
Zone Coverage: 96 Press Coverage: 95 Pass Blocking: 22
Run Blocking: 27 Impact Blocking: 27 Run Block Strength: 27
Run Block Footwork: 27 Pass Block Strength: 22 Pass Block Footwork: 22
Kick Power: 24 Kick Accuracy: 19 Return: 67
Stamina: 99 Injury: 87 Toughness: 9

Looking for draft pick(s) and help on both lines, combo of both. He is signed for 5 years.

Smokey

Now that MaddenGod is gone I need to shift my hate focus to Ram Ram. Back to Back AFC Championships against him. Plus he screwed Luke with classic Steeler play. I'm not just playing for me I'm playing for da AFC South

Ramirez

the rule is more for going for it in your own territory. People go for it within field goal range/red zone.

No team in the NFL would go for it on 4th down in the 1st quarter twice in one drive when they're in FG range with Vinatieri. We're not even talking 4th and inches, one was 4th and 2 and the one he lost possession on was 4th and 7. I find it hilarious that no one higher up has commented on it. What I take from this is that it's ok to break the rules when it's convenient for you.

Now that MaddenGod is gone I need to shift my hate focus to Ram Ram. Back to Back AFC Championships against him. Plus he screwed Luke with classic Steeler play. I'm not just playing for me I'm playing for da AFC South

Luke was dominated, he can blame the fumbles, but that isn't the reason he lost.

TheCrow

No team in the NFL would go for it on 4th down in the 1st quarter twice in one drive when they're in FG range with Vinatieri. We're not even talking 4th and inches, one was 4th and 2 and the one he lost possession on was 4th and 7. I find it hilarious that no one higher up has commented on it. What I take from this is that it's ok to break the rules when it's convenient for you.
He lost so people (at least me) don't really care.

Going for it on 4th in the 1st quarter of a 14-0 game isnt absolutely ridiculous. The rules are there to try and keep it sim but there is going to be some grey areas in some situations. I consider this less offensive than purposely taking a victory from your opponent and settling for the tie because you were mad ;)

daw840

16917967-oh_snap_gif.gif

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Going for it on 4th in the 1st quarter of a 14-0 game isnt absolutely ridiculous. The rules are there to try and keep it sim but there is going to be some grey areas in some situations. I consider this less offensive than purposely taking a victory from your opponent and settling for the tie because you were mad ;)

how does this jive with your other statements along the lines of "the game is already so weighted towards the offense, if you can't get a first down in three plays, man up and punt."

Only in this case, we're talking about taking 3 points.

Ramirez

He lost so people (at least me) don't really care.

This is backwards thinking, it's ok to break the rules as long as you lose? lol

Trust me, I didn't expect you to cast down any sort of punishment, or even say that it was wrong to do. Grey areas in situations that involve people who are immune to discipline. ;)

THANK YOU levious, you are the one shining beacon of hope in this cesspool of corruption!

how does this jive with your other statements along the lines of "the game is already so weighted towards the offense, if you can't get a first down in three plays, man up and punt."

Only in this case, we're talking about taking 3 points.

Im not here to completely run your situational offense. Comparing that to physically controlling the wr, which is pretty clearly ageed upon cheese in the wrong hands, makes no sense

LukeSmith

hines-ward-crying.gif

Only Ramirez could find a way to cry when Madden gifted him the game. I'm surprised he didn't complain about passes bouncing off his defensive back's hands.

Sometimes you get the game (i.e. random garbage drops for Crow's wideouts in a game I should've lost in round 1), sometimes the game has your running back who has fumbled twice all year dump a fumble six on his first play and another fumble five touches later. Who cares?

As far as the punting all second half goes. Yep, after a fluke Mendenhall fumble I got rid of the ball, played DOTA and when I heard the announcers call a TD got back to the living room to punt.

I didn't want to disconnect in case it would've jobbed Ramirez out of his win. I know how frustrating that can be.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Im not here to completely run your situational offense. Comparing that to physically controlling the wr, which is pretty clearly ageed upon cheese in the wrong hands, makes no sense

I didn't compare it to that. I didn't even bring that up?

If going for it on 4th down while in field goal range is fair game then there's no point in having this in the rules:

"c. if you have a 4th down and you are on the cusp of FG range, it is ok to go for it so long as it's a 4th and 5 or less. example: 4th and 3 at your opponents 39 yard line. unless you have the raiders or packers this is a difficult FG and probably not going to go through. i have no problem with a 4th down in this scenario."

I think that line just confuses the issue for some.

Ramirez

http://nicepickcowher.com/files/2009/12/hines-ward-crying.gif[/IM]

Only Ramirez could find a way to cry when Madden gifted him the game. I'm surprised he didn't complain about passes bouncing off his defensive back's hands.[/QUOTE]

How is it crying? You were showing pretty poor sportsmanship with the way you were calling the game and your punting antics in the 2nd half.

If you wanted to play DOTA, you should have quit the game and not wasted my time letting the play selection clock go to red every time.

The thing that bothers me the most is how much of a sore loser you were, you had a freaking 50 yard QB sneak with Peyton Manning and I still some how found a way to finish the game in a civilized manner.

Going by that rule, a 4th and 2 at the 30 is breaking it, and the 4th and 7 on the 20 doesn't even need to be explained.

I just want some clarification on the rules, there's no point in having rules if people are going to break them if they see it beneficial to them.

LiveWire

ESPN SPORTSCENTER UPDATE -- Thursday, January 12, 2012 -- 1:56PM ET - Ashburn, VA

The Washington Redskins called a press conference midday in suburban Washington, DC to announce what could be their greatest trade in franchise history.

In a blockbuster deal rumored to be crafted in the hours after the Colts surprising AFC Divisional Round loss to the Steelers, the Redskins are trading a plethora of draft picks to the Colts for future Hall of Fame quarterback Peyton Manning. At a minimum, with a healthy Manning playing for at least 2 years, the Colts receive 1st and 3rd round picks from the Redskins in 2013, a 3rd round pick in 2014, and a swap of 2nd round picks in 2014. If Manning is able to lead Redskins back to playoff glory and a SuperBowl title, the deal provides the Colts with the Redskins' 1st and 2nd round draft picks in 2014, giving the Colts 5 picks over two years for the 36-year-old QB.

The Colts are currently positioned to draft late in the 1st round of the 2013 MaddenGAF NFL Draft, but with the addition of the Redskins' 2013 draft picks, it is rumored the Colts may make moves up into the top of the 1st round to find Manning's replacement. The shocking trade comes after rumors of behind-closed-doors arguments between Peyton Manning and the Colts GM Luke Smith over the direction of the Colts offense and future of the team.

Colts GM Luke Smith did not address the rumors, saying in a prepared statement: "While the sun is setting on Peyton's career in Indianapolis, in no way do we think he's in the twilight of his career. His contributions to the Colts will not be forgotten."

Redskins GM LiveWire proclaimed, "We are very excited to be able to welcome Peyton to Washington and have him wear the burgundy and gold. It was a once-in-a-lifetime chance, we felt we had to be aggressive and make a move that we feel will give our team that final piece of the puzzle to reach our ultimate goal of bringing a championship to DC. We worked long hours getting this deal done and I think both parties came away very satisfied with the results."

Asked for his reaction to the news of the trade, Manning replied: "I'm thankful for the years I spent in Indianapolis and look forward to finishing my career in the NFL with another championship in Washington."

manning-redskins-cartoon-121011.jpg

TheCrow

My goal for the upcoming season is to have Tebow put up better numbers than Peyton. I plan to average 30 passing attempts a game, the days of the two headed Broncos rushing attack are over. I just hope I don't pull a sanjuro. :/

TheCrow

I really don't think the trade will change anything. Indy still has great receivers and Luke knows how to pass while Washington still has Livewire on the sticks.

Top Bottom