• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
DeAngello Hall has an achievement and it's not "get burned all day"? Bullshit!

GG DM. defensive assignments fail me again... except on that one Routt INT! Good D, btw, DCX.
I'm my worst enemy :'( hold Rors to 13 should be a win, not when you can't score and throw 4 ints. Turner failed me :(

DCX

Ramirez said:
lol, I personally quit caring after you scored 3 TDs off the same play, and continuously tried to use it to win, ugh.
I had to get desperate early. The same play was the one that was working. I was cycling a little bit but I just started called the Gates plays / hot route streakin him with other plays. You kept blitzin too + pressuring Gates. You have to counter it if you want me to stop doing it!

Ramirez

Rorschach said:
Was it the toss or the twins pass? :p

lol, just some play where his slot goes deep, and Chad Henne turns into Dan Marino and throws perfect 80 yard bombs.

edit: Well at least he admits it.

If I wanted to defend the same play over and over I'd play random quick matches, meh.

Rorschach said:
Was it the toss or the twins pass? :p

Neither! Such a nice surprise to think you've lost the game and remember, it's not sudden death!

And what you said about flipping the plays is correct, but it doesn't fix all of them. I've been doing that the whole time.

Oh please hardly a cheesey play. You knew I was going to be bombing it, and Gates is the fastest guy on the team, you weren't in an appropriate D at all. I had no time on the clock to be driving on you, I wasn't stopping you on D after all and down two scores.

Rorschach

DCX said:
I'm my worst enemy :'( hold Rors to 13 should be a win, not when you can't score and throw 4 ints. Turner failed me :(

DCX
Yeah, bro. Good D again. I only scored 6 points! :eek:

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Neither! Such a nice surprise to think you've lost the game and remember, it's not sudden death!

And what you said about flipping the plays is correct, but it doesn't fix all of them. I've been doing that the whole time.
Yeah, it doesn't always work. Failed me in my game against DCX a bunch of times, but it's a stopgap 'till we find a real solution or they fix it... ahahah Tiburon fixing something...

Ramirez

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:

Oh please hardly a cheesey play. You knew I was going to be bombing it, and Gates is the fastest guy on the team, you weren't in an appropriate D at all. I had no time on the clock to be driving on you, I wasn't stopping you on D after all and down two scores.

I wasn't in the right D? I admit the first one I was in single coverage, the next one was double coverage, and the third one Clark was ahead of him by 5 yards and the ball just morphed through his hands.

Bombing it is one thing, but to repeat the same play over and over is just lame. I don't care that I lost, but I have 0(!!!!) interest in playing someone who will go to such lame lengths to win a game of Madden.

I use auto sprint.

Rorschach

Birdman02 said:
WTF is auto-sprint? I guess I need to look into my settings a little bit.
Handles sprint for you. The more momentum you get, the faster you go. This way, you don't have to pull the trigger and have the AI shed blocks when you squeeze the sprint trigger.

Ramirez said:
I wasn't in the right D? I admit the first one I was in single coverage, the next one was double coverage, and the third one Clark was ahead of him by 5 yards and the ball just morphed through his hands.

Bombing it is one thing, but to repeat the same play over and over is just lame. I don't care that I lost, but I have 0(!!!!) interest in playing someone who will go to such lame lengths to win a game of Madden.

I use auto sprint.
I thought that play only worked twice? Just back to back drives. I think the third was hartline on a hot route, that catch was definitely bullshit. It's preseason chill out, you outplayed me that game and I just started fucking around.. it just worked and I won.

BigAT

Anyone know if it's possible to turn off the broadcast camera coming out of the huddle? I'm tired of having to hit A to get past it, especially on D where it sends me to the player audible menu.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BigAT said:
Anyone know if it's possible to turn off the broadcast camera coming out of the huddle? I'm tired of having to hit A to get past it, especially on D where it sends me to the player audible menu.

Yeah its bad. Its especially bad since the guys you see are your DE's turtle walking to the line like they just shit their pants.

Sanjuro

5wcgq.gif

LJ11

BigAT said:
If you run a trips formation to a single side against a nickel man defense, the linebacker will ALWAYS cover the third receiver, never the cornerback even though you have 3 CBs on the field against 3 WR. It's essentially impossible to get your corner to cover him and also impossible to know that someone is even running the set before you select your play.

Possibly the worst part about both is that almost all of these sets default to the left side of the field, so your best CB is the one being taken out of the action.

This has been an issue forever. It can be a headache if your opponent knows what he's doing. There's really nothing that can be done about it, hard to just ban a 3 x 1 set.

I've been using a lot of trips via motion. Line up 2 x 2 and then bring the 3rd receiver over depending on what I want. Against a Nickel Man D, so far from what I've noticed, the CB comes over when you motion. Then again, maybe he doesn't come over on certain motions but it's still a man D. In past Maddens that CB would never come over and he'd release to the LB if memory serves.

Still out of a base trips set, if the D is in dollar or any of those formations, receiver 3 is on an LB.

BigAT

LJ11 said:
This has been an issue forever. It can be a headache if your opponent knows what he's doing. There's really nothing that can be done about it, hard to just ban a 3 x 1 set.

I've been using a lot of trips via motion. Line up 2 x 2 and then bring the 3rd receiver over depending on what I want. Against a Nickel Man D, so far from what I've noticed, the CB comes over when you motion. Then again, maybe he doesn't come over on certain motions but it's still a man D. In past Maddens that CB would never come over and he'd release to the LB if memory serves.

Still out of a base trips set, if the D is in dollar or any of those formations, receiver 3 is on an LB.
Yup.

I think it has more to do with the initial formation than it does to do with motion. If the defense is going to be broken (designed trips sets) it stays broken. If you come out in a "normal" offensive set though, then motion to trips the defense reacts appropriately.

LJ11

Even the sub packages with the extra safety are useless against Trips. Quick solution would be to sub a CB in for the Safety, but it's still 2 x 2 so against trips LB is in the middle and on receiver 3.

Now if there's a way to do a swap via a formation sub, then you're in business. We should look into that.

Edit: so it would be CB CB SS LB CB.

McNei1y

gg rors. I'm beginning to think that I'm either getting so lucky or unlucky. I was lucky in this game. Campbell fumbled twice? Then your receiver? jeez.

game anyone?

Rorschach

If anyone with a QB/WR combo wants my entire defensive starting lineup, get at me! Doesn't have to be 90s rated guys. Mid 80s is fine!

LJ11

I'd be down for a game in 10 minutes, if DCX/McNeily still haven't found someone.

My buddy came over and crushed me repeatedly today. Hasn't played a Madden in 3 years, I'm a disaster. Guy is garbage, and he waxed me. His user skills were off the wall too, couldn't believe what I was watching/seeing.

BigAT

BigAT said:
Has anyone had this happen to them at all? Playing against Luke a few minutes ago, I'm in a standard dime man defense, Luke is in a 3-1-1 gun set. I'm controlling my MLB who is supposed to cover Addai, my dime CB on the right of the screen is supposed to cover Clark, both assignments are accurately reflected in the presnap graphic.

On the snap though, my dime back sprints after Addai in coverage, as do I since I'm supposed to, leaving Clark completely uncovered and obviously wide open. This happened like two or three times in the game in similar situations. Both teams were in fairly standard sets and there was no presnap movement that would switch the assignments, so I don't really have a clue what could explain it. It just seems like a straight up bug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_F41cUx5O0
So I was able to replicate this bug in practice mode. It came, perhaps not surprisingly, against the Steelers Trio formation (shotgun trips left). I ran the play several times and every time the behavior described above happened where the MLB and CB would switch assignments for no reason.

I tried several passing plays from that formation and each seemed to result in the above bug.

DCX

DCX
BigAT said:
So I was able to replicate this bug in practice mode. It came, perhaps not surprisingly, against the Steelers Trio formation (shotgun trips left). I ran the play several times and every time the behavior described above happened where the MLB and CB would switch assignments for no reason.

I tried several passing plays from that formation and each seemed to result in the above bug.
tweet the madden dude, maybe they are not aware.

DCX

Top Bottom