• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

LJ11

Yeah, good game dude. Wanted to run more in that game, know it was a bit boring but I'm just trying to figure out the run.

Edit: Checked to see if you could go with a CB CB SS LB CB package, in one of the sub formations and you couldn't swap the LB/SS position, pretty stupid.

McNei1y

LJ11 said:
Yeah, good game dude. Wanted to run more in that game, know it was a bit boring but I'm just trying to figure out the run.

nah that helped me too. I need to learn to stop the run game more. I've been trying a lot of different packages, formations, etc but recently I haven't found anything great. I may need to change playbooks. Also, AP was held to 30 yards lol.

Ramirez

BigAT said:
So I was able to replicate this bug in practice mode. It came, perhaps not surprisingly, against the Steelers Trio formation (shotgun trips left). I ran the play several times and every time the behavior described above happened where the MLB and CB would switch assignments for no reason.

I tried several passing plays from that formation and each seemed to result in the above bug.

So does this mean you believe me now? lol

DCX

DCX
I'm up, have a day off and will be available for some games this morning, gotta experiment with my offense this morning. Got to put more points on the board. So PM, text/sext, Xbox Live msg etc, get at me!

DCX

Striker

McNei1y said:
nah that helped me too. I need to learn to stop the run game more. I've been trying a lot of different packages, formations, etc but recently I haven't found anything great. I may need to change playbooks. Also, AP was held to 30 yards lol.
I got stuffed running vs. Wellington, Hillis 10 carries, 0 yards. :(

I don't mind overall the Browns O playbook, but will look into trying different iterations and that goes the same defensively.

DCX

DCX
Striker said:

I don't mind overall the Browns O playbook, but will look into trying different iterations and that goes the same defensively.
Same here..i went from Falcons to Pass Balanced to Green Bay. I think i might stay with Green Bay. Gives me alot more options pass wise with good run options as well.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Striker said:

I was doing a number of things that game tho. It seems to me that if you move the DL or LBs that it gives you a better shot at stopping the run and/or getting penetration against the OL. I think that the blocking logic works best when you are in base formations, so if you throw it curveballs you stand a better shot.

I've also been unable to get good penetration with my DL so I've been working with a lot of blitz combinations against the run and the pass. What I have been doing is just running my user controlled DE right into the gaps that I have the blitzer hitting, as well as angling my DL in the blitz's direction. It's chintzy I know, but it works well at getting free guys through.

That game against you, I feared what Hillis would do with a head of steam like I said before, so I worked all game on getting into the backfield.

LJ11 said:

Edit: Checked to see if you could go with a CB CB SS LB CB package, in one of the sub formations and you couldn't swap the LB/SS position, pretty stupid.

Let me know if you would further like to lab running plays. I am always down for that.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'm pretty mediocre at this game, can't read the defense fast enough and can't run successfully enough to make up for that. I do alright on defense I guess, but I don't think I put together a full touchdown scoring drive all weekend.

Striker

DCX said:
Same here..i went from Falcons to Pass Balanced to Green Bay. I think i might stay with Green Bay. Gives me alot more options pass wise with good run options as well.

DCX
You got the WR/TE's to really do that. Good selection.

I might opt to a different WCO somewhere. Colt has a noodle arm so I have to dictate an offense around him moreso than any others.

DCX

DCX
levious said:
I'm pretty mediocre at this game, can't read the defense fast enough and can't run successfully enough to make up for that. I do alright on defense I guess, but I don't think I put together a full touchdown scoring drive all weekend.
Thats my problem..i actually am one of the better defenses in our community but my issues on offense is what losses me games. One of a few things happen:

A) I don't get Turner going/he gets stonewalled which...
B)..leads to me passing alot...
C) ...which leads to getting sacked..
D)..into third and longs which lead to ints or shitty field position
E) which makes my usually good defense work harder than it should.

My punting has been perfect. I think i have pinned people inside the ten yard line like 20 times no lie. It makes my D that much tougher to deal with.

I just need to work on a flow on offense to get me to score and even more important, score TDs in the red zone.

DCX

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
oh, speaking of punting, don't know if it was like this in previous versions, but you can down a punt by just touching it, doesn't matter if it ends up going into the endzone afterwards, as long as you make contact with it in the field of play. It's happened to me twice, not sure if it's a sure thing or what.

I would settle for just consistently moving the ball between the 30's at this point. Doesn't feel great when my best plays are the result of the human opponent screwing something up.

-Mikey-

Pulling myself from the league.

I had a change of heart last week but my work schedule has changed since then. Hope someone else can take my place.

DCX

DCX
-Mikey- said:
Pulling myself from the league.

I had a change of heart last week but my work schedule has changed since then. Hope someone else can take my place.
Sucks man. Wish you the best.

Well, that opens up a spot for someone to use Kevin Corn on the Kolb.

DCX

BigAT

DCX said:
Sucks man. Wish you the best.

Well, that opens up a spot for someone to use Kevin Corn on the Kolb.

DCX
Now if only Astro's theme music would suddenly come on and he would emerge from behind the curtains.

Smokey

DCX said:
I'm up, have a day off and will be available for some games this morning, gotta experiment with my offense this morning. Got to put more points on the board. So PM, text/sext, Xbox Live msg etc, get at me!

DCX

You around?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Came here to find out what happened to Blue (we noticed it in College Football, as he's the Topic creator....ooopsie.)

Over Ryan Payton, of all people?

Ramirez

So should I look into getting a new playbook since apparently mine is ridden with cheese and exploits? I don't want that coming up again when I accidentally beat one of the better players in the league.

DCX

DCX
Ramirez said:
So should I look into getting a new playbook since apparently mine is ridden with cheese and exploits? I don't want that coming up again when I accidentally beat one of the better players in the league.
Green Bay :)

DCX

Madden-GAF doesn't fuck around. Yall have been playing like crazy. I need to get some games in before the season or it isn't going to be pretty at all!

*goes and plays bastion*

:(

LukeSmith

mastershake said:
Madden-GAF doesn't fuck around. Yall have been playing like crazy. I need to get some games in before the season or it isn't going to be pretty at all!

*goes and plays bastion*

:(

The plaque for the alternates is down in the ladies room.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
daw840 said:
Sure...won't respond to my IM but will instantly respond in the thread if your little friend FMT shows up. I see how it is.

Its the Kliq. DM got a text

DMczaf

So what's going on with onside kicks this year? Because GAF has a 100% success rate with them against me. All of them have been strong kicks right at one of my players, and the ball bounces off their body without them reacting with any animation.

Ramirez

DMczaf said:
So what's going on with onside kicks this year? Because GAF has a 100% success rate with them against me. All of them have been strong kicks right at one of my players, and the ball bounces off their body without them reacting with any animation.

LOL

Drizzler did this to me in our game last night. Bounced right off my guys head and he didn't even move.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Livewire. John Beck STINKS.

Oh and I actually started noticing what AT's been talking about. I tried to fix it at the LOS with shifts to no avail. Gonna be weird addressing that for league play.

Top Bottom