• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

The Eagles would like to announce the re-signings of Pro Bowl Corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie and second string Quarterback Vince Young

Rodgers-Cromartie signed to a 3 Year 20.5 Million contract while Vince Young signed a 5 Year 9 Million dollar contract to provide depth behind Starter Michael Vick.

5 year 9 mil!? lol damn that is like one of the lowest paid QB's in nfl history... backup or otherwise!

bluemax

Banned
So I created/edited a few of my players using Create a Player to compare ratings with what they are on EASportsWorld/LeagueManager and the results were interesting:

Ryan Kaiser LM: 89 CAP: 89
De'Jon Green LM: 76 CAP: 79
Dior Taylor: LM: 76 CAP: 76
John Carlson LM: 79 CAP: 77
David Ausberry LM: 80 CAP: 75
Tom Santi LM: 75 CAP: 69
Telvin Wallace LM: 87 CAP: 81

I would love to know why the game has as much as a 6 point differential in rating on some players. I'll probably end up doing this for my entire offense and possibly some of my defense just to see what else I get.

Edit:

Most of the rest of my offense:
Lynch LM 86 CAP 84
Rice LM 88 CAP 87
Williams LM 88 CAP 84
Tate LM 76 CAP 76
Durham LM 72 CAP 69
Obomanu LM 68 CAP 68
Okung LM 92 CAP 90
Gallery LM 82 CAP 83
Unger LM 77 CAP 76
Jeanpierre LM 67 CAP 62
Moffittt LM 78 CAP 78
Fanaika LM 70 CAP 67
Carpenter LM 84 CAP 86
Giacomini LM 68 CAP 72
M. Robinson LM 82 CAP 77

Yeeeeeah.

eznark

Banned
Packers announcing these players will be cut this weekend sometime:

TJ Lang
Tim Masthay
Jerious Wynn
Frank Zombo
Mario Henderson
Charlie Peprah

The following two players need some moves to happen in order to come back, so start pimping Charles Woodson across the league you two!

Takeo Spikes
Brent Jones

The Packers will be bringing back the following four super stars of American football

Scott Wells
Sam Shields
Chad Clifton
Tanner Morley

Even saddled with the unwanted Charles Woodson, the Packers have a hefty $20m available to spend on its draft class (how much can a first round punter really cost??) and free agents.

(I'm posting this mostly to verify that my data is correct, since I don't trust LM for a fucking second).

Also, what's my cap hit for dropping Addai? He is getting $3m, so do I just take a $1m hit?

anyone interested in braylon edwards?

84 ovr
92 speed
97 spectacular catch
92 release
86 route running
98 jumping

want to get my rookie i drafted last year in the starting lineup!

eznark

Banned
Right now I'm looking for front seven rated mid to high 80s and a 2nd/3rd rounder for
Woodson, depending in the player offered.

Lemme know.

bluemax

Banned
Right now I'm looking for front seven rated mid to high 80s and a 2nd/3rd rounder for
Woodson, depending in the player offered.

Lemme know.

I think everyone has an old and declining Corner! I mean I'm willing to give up Trufant for a mid round pick!

Ramirez

I'd be interested in Woodson, but I don't have the money to play the trading/FA game. I noticed that my average salary is close to 2x almost everyone else in the league, lol.

**TRADE APPROVAL ALERT!**

The Eagles and 49ers have reached a trade agreement for former pro bowler Asante Samuel. In exchange for Samuel, the Eagles will receive the 49ers 3rd round pick. A majority vote was needed from the Shadow Council, and it was secured early Saturday morning.

Yes votes:
Striker
Ramirez
MrBob
Luke

No votes:
Dmczaf

Welcome Asante!

BigAT

The Eagles and 49ers have reached a trade agreement for former pro bowler Asante Samuel. In exchange for Samuel, the Eagles will receive the 49ers 3rd round pick. A majority vote was needed from the Shadow Council, and it was secured early Saturday morning.

Yes votes:
Striker
Ramirez
MrBob
Luke

No votes:
Dmczaf

Welcome Asante!

Me no likey.

Smokey

Yes votes:
Striker
Ramirez
MrBob
Luke

No votes:
Dmczaf

Welcome Asante!

This is hilarious. Shows how the Shadow Council really works.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
asante hasent been elite In quite a while. By years end he was demoted to #3 cb and splitting time at safety. He is old with a big cap number

Smokey

asante hasent been elite In quite a while. By years end he was demoted to #3 cb and splitting time at safety. He is old with a big cap number

Maybe for your situation on your team. Fact remains he is one of the better CB's in the game. Your team just happens to be loaded at the position.

To only get a 3rd round pick for a 91 rated QB is trifling. Yet it was approved. Two Shadow Council members involved in this trade doesn't make it look any better either.

McNei1y

wtf... Asante for a 3rd rounder? Sorry, even I think thats a little bogus. I would've traded so much more for someone like Asante, regardless of his salary. The dudes stats are so damn good.

lol

Mrbob

8674tx

MaddenGaf how can you resist now?

Sanjuro

If I re-sign a player with a non-expiring contract to a lesser amount, will I be hit with both salaries for the season or will it adjust?

DCX

DCX
Lets recap.

- Smokey decent deal trolled. If i was voting id let it go through just for Fitz and no second coming back to Hous.

- 38 year old Pey for 100s of picks or picksor both

- Asante for a high fourth and a picture of naked jgar

Amazing off season so far!! More fun to come by the time of the draft i expect :)

DCX

Lets recap.

- Smokey decent deal trolled. If i was voting id let it go through just for Fitz and no second coming back to Hous.

- 38 year old Pey for 100s of picks or picksor both

- Asante for a high fourth and a picture of naked jgar

Amazing off season so far!! More fun to come by the time of the draft i expect :)

DCX

First off, brandon lloyd fir a 6. Santonio holmes for a 5. Sometimes good players go for mid picks. Secondly, my pick isnt a high 4, i lost in the wc. Finally, why compare fitz, arguably the best wr in the game, to asante who isnt even a top 10 cb in the game?

Top Bottom