• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

BigAT said:
Also, rules should probably be established for when you can and cannot do a surprise onside kick.

this wasn't a surprise onside kick. i was trailing by 14 with about 2:40 left. just a regular onside kick, the first one i've gotten this year!

and lesson learned DM! you got greedy and had to score that last TD instead of milking the clock out. then i get the long TD, onside kick + TD, pick you off + TD, then another INT + game winning FG!

i wish kapernick was more accurate. let 3 easy TD's just float away because he overthrows people by like 20 yards. ridiculous.

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
this wasn't a surprise onside kick. i was trailing by 14 with about 2:40 left. just a regular onside kick, the first one i've gotten this year!

and lesson learned DM! you got greedy and had to score that last TD instead of milking the clock out. then i get the long TD, onside kick + TD, pick you off + TD, then another INT + game winning FG!

i wish kapernick was more accurate. let 3 easy TD's just float away because he overthrows people by like 20 yards. ridiculous.

You don't think I would milk the fuck out of that clock in a league game? I would have DMBall'd the shit out of you on that last drive in a legit game!

daw840

I read that the surprise onside kick only has like a 30% or less chance of recovery. I've done it maybe 5 times total and only recovered once, soooo it doesn't seem like any sort of rule needing play.

DMczaf said:
You don't think I would milk the fuck out of that clock in a league game? I would have DMBall'd the shit out of you on that last drive in a legit game!

lol i know. lesson learned if you want to reach the TOP of the community! oh wait, you're still ranked #1 even though i have 5 times as many wins as you :(

and that manual pick you got was retarded. ball was overthrown by a couple yards to VD (kapernicks signature move) and you're even further away from it then VD but someone how teleport for the pick!?

BigAT

FrenchMovieTheme said:

My comment was unrelated. As of now there's no rules for when you can attempt an onside kick. Are people allowed to do it to start off the game?

BigAT said:
My comment was unrelated. As of now there's no rules for when you can attempt an onside kick. Are people allowed to do it to start off the game?

i mean in the community you can do whatever you want obviously. i'll probably have the same rules as years past.... no onsides kicks before the 4th and only if you're losing etc etc. and this should include surprise onsides. we'll see how everyone feels about the surprise onside part though

Ramirez

Onside kicks, surprise or regular should only be allowed in the 4th when you're down big. Common sense I would assume...?

BigAT

Ramirez said:
Onside kicks, surprise or regular should only be allowed in the 4th when you're down big. Common sense I would assume...?
I agree but I could see people arguing otherwise.

daw840

Ramirez said:

That's bullshit. I've seen the surprise onside kick from many NFL teams on the first kickoff of the game. It's a huge advantage if it works, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere near guaranteed in this game.

Ramirez

daw840 said:
That's bullshit. I've seen the surprise onside kick from many NFL teams on the first kickoff of the game. It's a huge advantage if it works, and it doesn't seem to be anywhere near guaranteed in this game.

Real NFL and Madden NFL are quite the different beast...I mean really?

The game is cheesy enough without us helping it.

daw840 said:

you've seen it from many NFL teams!? i think i saw it one time last year (pats vs. packers?) and one time the year before (in the superbowl). it's very rare. i don't know, we'll see

DMczaf

daw840 said:
Sure...won't respond to my IM but will instantly respond in the thread if your little friend FMT shows up. I see how it is.

You're just not hip enough for The Kliq

The-Kliq---HHH-Kevin-Nash-HBK-Scott-Hall-XPac.jpg

I was away when you AIM'd me, I came back just when FMT was asking for a game.

TheCrow

DCX said:
fuck you EA, FUCK you... GG Crow, so good they didn't want us to finish it..

DCX
GG, if only my defenders could catch the damn ball. So many possible taints bounced off their hands.

DCX

DCX
TheCrow said:
GG, if only my defenders could catch the damn ball. So many possible taints bounced off their hands.
Yea, i almost had a user pick myself Dunta couldn't catch..i also had one after the INT i threw that you threw right at Decoud's head..it hit him, and he spun around and the ball fell harmlessly to the ground :(

DCX

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
you've seen it from many NFL teams!? i think i saw it one time last year (pats vs. packers?) and one time the year before (in the superbowl). it's very rare. i don't know, we'll see

Alright, well the Chiefs seem to do it kind of frequently at least.

Rorschach

By the way, are Striker and I the only ones in the pre-season playing with shitty teams?

And no, the overrated beast 9ers aren't shitty!

[edit]I'm gonna start using the Lions or something.

Rorschach said:
By the way, are Striker and I the only ones in the pre-season playing with shitty teams?

And no, the overrated beast 9ers aren't shitty!

[edit]I'm gonna start using the Lions or something.

but kapernick sucks dick! and that rhymes!

Rorschach

Hate EA's fucking logic for switching players... PI my ass!

And that doesn't matter, FMT. Gore is amazing and so are your receivers.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
but kapernick sucks dick! and that rhymes!
Stop ducking me old man...you have pay the toll eventually..stop hiding behind shitty unfinished games.

DCX

yeah they need to adjust the injuries in this game. i don't care that people get injured but i have never had my qb or rb injured. i have had my slot receiver morgan hurt maybe twice in 18 games in community

Rorschach said:

it matters when kapernick can't hit wide open fucking targets, no matter how good my receivers are

as far as dead island, im loving it but i got it for pc. a lot of people are reporting issues with the pc version though. i'm not having those issues (yet!)

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
FrenchMovieTheme said:
it matters when kapernick can't hit wide open fucking targets, no matter how good my receivers are

as far as dead island, im loving it but i got it for pc. a lot of people are reporting issues with the pc version though. i'm not having those issues (yet!)

xbox seems to have the superior Analog controls according to Giantbomb

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Uh... Jcamp misses 2 yard passes and when he does complete them, my WRs and TEs drop them. It's no fucking contest. Last night, I had 4 receivers with no stat line EXCEPT drops. Plus you don't even have to pass since Gore is untacklable and that OL is super beast mode. Plus, easy button PWilly. :(

Rorschach

GG Big AT.

I won't stand a chance against any team with a decent QB and WR that can do spec catches this year... because the only way to counter them is with some of your own. :| Sweet coverage? No, one handed warp grab, kthx!

Rorschach

Rorschach said:

The 3 points resulting from this won the game. Fucking eh!

BigAT said:
GG Rors. My offensive gameplan against the Raiders is generally "oh yeah, no more Nnamdi!".
:'( He's on the team select screen!

You deserved the win anyway for last time...

Rorschach said:
Uh... Jcamp misses 2 yard passes and when he does complete them, my WRs and TEs drop them. It's no fucking contest. Last night, I had 4 receivers with no stat line EXCEPT drops. Plus you don't even have to pass since Gore is untacklable and that OL is super beast mode. Plus, easy button PWilly. :(

i told you holmes, i'll give you alex at a cheap price! he actually has really good short accuracy... see for yourself!

and in defense of tiburon, gore has feasted on the raiders D in all the games he has played them in just like he does in this game! look at these stats from his 2 meetings against the raiders:

2006: 27 rushes, 134 yards
2010: 25 rushes, 149 yards

don't hate!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i told you holmes, i'll give you alex at a cheap price! he actually has really good short accuracy... see for yourself!

and in defense of tiburon, gore has feasted on the raiders D in all the games he has played them in just like he does in this game! look at these stats from his 2 meetings against the raiders:

2006: 27 rushes, 134 yards
2010: 25 rushes, 149 yards

don't hate!
I didn't mean against me. :p I meant overall. Against you, the Raiders put up good passing numbers. Can't run for shit because of Willis, though.

BigAT

I think I might have gotten a hint of what causes the "CBs suddenly start moving when the offense audibles" bug during our game. It happened to me while on defense once and I noticed that it occurred when my CBs were lined up in the wrong positions. My #1 CB was where my dime back should be and vice versa. When Rors audibled it caused them to switch and run back to their proper positions. Now it's just a matter of finding out what causes them to line up incorrectly in the first place.

After writing that up, I realized how much I have been forced to play this game with the mindset of a QA tester. Fucking EA...

Rorschach

BigAT said:
I think I might have gotten a hint of what causes the "CBs suddenly start moving when the offense audibles" bug during our game. It happened to me while on defense once and I noticed that it occurred when my CBs were lined up in the wrong positions. My #1 CB was where my dime back should be and vice versa. When Rors audibled it caused them to switch and run back to their proper positions. Now it's just a matter of finding out what causes them to line up incorrectly in the first place.

After writing that up, I realized how much I have been forced to play this game with the mindset of a QA tester. Fucking EA...
haha I have to audible every pass play to keep someone in to block and adjust the line for blitzes. T_T Otherwise, I'm instantly sacked. Guess I was helping you at the same time!

daw840

BigAT said:
Offensive linemen are almost comically fast when they're chasing someone down on an interception.
Yeah, I had 5-10 yards on one with Eric fucking Berry and he got caught by some tubby bastard from the dolphins....so stupid

Rorschach

daw840 said:
Yeah, I had 5-10 yards on one with Eric fucking Berry and he got caught by some tubby bastard from the dolphins....so stupid
Davin Joseph ran down two 95+ speed guys in the same game. Combine monster!

Top Bottom