• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

BigAT

LiveWire said:
Sorry about that, I had been checking the replies in the thread up until I left work and it seemed like the league wasn't going to start last night. Then Thursday nightlife happened. So tonight I'll definitely be around 6PM Pacific. Hopefully that's not too late? If not I will be around all day Saturday until the evening.
I'm going out tonight and will probably be out alright by that point. I'll let you know if something changes though.

eznark

Banned
Birdman02 said:
gg eznark. Brees was absolutely terrible in that game...maybe it was the wind, but that didn't seem to affect Rodgers. He was missing guys all over the field..especially early. Also, my LBs were ignoring coverage whenever I tried to play man, and you were picking my zone apart.

I'll have to get back on track next week. That was a terrible way to start the season.

Yup, two missed throws in particular completely changed the game.

That overturned fumble was bullshit. Has anyone see a case where it give you the LT option to challenge and it hasn't worked?

Also, on that punt coverage I was hammering the shit out of the Y button...no fair catch and of course Williams fumbled. What the fuck, EA.

Ramirez

eznark said:
Yup, two missed throws in particular completely changed the game.

That overturned fumble was bullshit. Has anyone see a case where it give you the LT option to challenge and it hasn't worked?

Also, on that punt coverage I was hammering the shit out of the Y button...no fair catch and of course Williams fumbled. What the fuck, EA.

I have, I actually figured since it popped up it meant it was an automatic win on a challenge, lol. Didn't work out that way though.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
sure, prompting you for the challenge is never a sure thing, and I've won challenges when not prompted.

Hold down Y for fair catch, I don't think mashing it would work.

eznark

Banned
Ramirez said:
I have, I actually figured since it popped up it meant it was an automatic win on a challenge, lol. Didn't work out that way though.

It has been in the half dozen or so times I've seen it.

Also, I hope you picked the Packers to cover people. F' you if you didn't! LiveWire knows what he is about.

Hold down Y for fair catch, I don't think mashing it would work.
I held it until I realized he wasn't fair catching then I panick-ly mashed it knowing that Madden would force a fumble in a two touchdown game.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
don't panic, it works, there's been times when I've barely seen any hand movement, yet the game recognizes the fair catch. It is annoying when that happens for sure.

McNei1y

I really hope my connection isn't eternally screwed now. I woke up this morning and it won't connect yet I haven't changed anything in my bridge connection.

If my account didn't resubscribe to xbox live it would tell me right?

LiveWire

BigAT said:
I'm going out tonight and will probably be out alright by that point. I'll let you know if something changes though.

No worries, we'll shoot for tomorrow then. Will give me time to update my roster before our game. :)

Somnia

Ferny73 said:
LOL @ that Dwight GIF.

I left work early, I'm free to play whenever you are. Just let me know, I'll check back here every once in awhile (so dont expect an immediate response! =P )

LukeSmith

levious said:
what's the deadline before we advance to week 2?

It'll be awhile. Smokey is gone till Sunday.

I haven't signed in yet, quit jobbing me out of free agents dicks.

Colts are in a rebuilding year, everyone is available.

eznark

Banned
LukeSmith said:
It'll be awhile. Smokey is gone till Sunday.

I haven't signed in yet, quit jobbing me out of free agents dicks.

Colts are in a rebuilding year, everyone is available.

I've got a healthy, young Matt Flynn with your name on it.

eznark

Banned
RZbNu.jpg

LukeSmith

How do we restructure deals during the season? It's not going to just be "guy's contract is up and he's a free agent, bid away chumps."

Just checking in ... Sounds like I'm in? Lemme see what team I am and sounds like I've got a game coming up ehhh? Should be good tonight and part of tomorrow. Saturday nights hardly ever work for me because my GF comes over and... well... I'm not going to do the Madden thing in front of her.

Albatross i believe you are buffalo. You could have the jags if you like. Sign into the league and league manager site. Can someone post the info? Aint east to link on my phone.

League name: neogaffe
Pw:jgar

Somnia

GG Ferny, great defensive battle. I didnt think either of us were ever going to score again at one point.

12-7 score wise is not how I wanted my offense to start the season, but its a good sign for my defense.

Somnia

Thank GOD, Jones only got hurt for that game. I was so fucking sure he was going to be knocked out for multiple games like in the past.

Ramirez

For clarification, you can blitz a running play, and I think Rors said you can even go for the QB on a PA, although I find that one a bit touchy.

Somnia

Ramirez said:
For clarification, you can blitz a running play, and I think Rors said you can even go for the QB on a PA, although I find that one a bit touchy.

Ok that makes more sense, ignore mah post Ferny! (Though you still injured Felix so f'off =P )

Somnia

Ferny73 said:
Damn you Somnia you had me going back and thinking of what I was doing wrong lol.

I do what I can =)

I think it was more you blasting Felix and him getting hurt and noticed it was your safety and didn't think about it.

TheCrow

Ramirez said:
I think you can only go for the QB on PA if you bite on the PA and are already behind the line of scrimmage.

Ramirez

TheCrow said:
I think you can only go for the QB on PA if you bite on the PA and are already behind the line of scrimmage.

Yea I know, I just don't put it past some people to know the exact PA animation and feign as if they were going for the run, then blow your QB up. :p

Sanjuro

Can we get a up to date rule set? I don't want to actively upset people after games or vice versa. In the games I have played in the community this year and during the season last year it seemed like many players went for it on fourth down regardless of the circumstances.

I feel like fourth and inches is more of a gambit. Fourth and one, three, six is more of someone not giving a fuck. Frankly that is what I ran into last season during several games.

So 4th down, two point, blocking kicks...anything else?

LukeSmith

I saw a bunch of blocked PATs/FGs in the first few days of playing, but haven't seen one since then. Oddly though, they just happened naturally, no one was controlling the edge, I always control the MLB or the Kick Returner on FG blocks.

BigAT

6. Regarding 4th downs, just be realistic guys. Don't make me spell out every possible situation, but use these as guidelines:

a. do not go for it on 4th down if you are winning.
b. do not go for it in 4th down in your own territory unless it is the 4th quarter and you are down by 2 scores or more OR it is your "final" drive
c. if you have a 4th down and you are on the cusp of FG range, it is ok to go for it so long as it's a 4th and 5 or less. example: 4th and 3 at your opponents 39 yard line. unless you have the raiders or packers this is a difficult FG and probably not going to go through. i have no problem with a 4th down in this scenario.
d. NO GOING FOR IT ON 4TH DOWN OF A GAME THAT YOU ARE WINNING OR TIED AND YOU ARE IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY

Top Bottom