• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
goldlion054 said:
Sure is getting old in here fellas
lol yeah

We started this shit in 2004 when I was fresh out of college at 21. Awesome having some guys stick with it since the online league function came about (Pretty sure it was '04). Can barely remember who was there from the beginning, FMT, DM, Rors, dskillz, miguel for sure. I think Ramirez was as well. Some not so fond memories of playing against the Steelers and getting hit sticked to death and fumbling 4-5 times per game (Tiki being Tiki). Dearly departed include matrix, Fifty, Wasabiking, cubanb (who FMT made break a controller), Tacklin' Oscar (LOL), MalleyMal. Memories. :(

eznark

Banned
goldlion054 said:
Sure is getting old in here fellas

I've been in a fantasy football league with the same guys for about 15 years now. Combined we have more kids than participants this year. That made me feel old.

Also, my email this morning from like two dozen forums that I have never posted at saying "happy birthday [fake internet name]" made me feel like an idiot.

Nightz

Wellington said:
What do you mean by old cap numbers?

What's the info for your dummy league? I'd like to join to fuck around with stuff. I'll pm you some questions in a few.
The cap numbers that LM had were largely inaccurate (which is why some teams were waaay over the cap). Some guys went through and updated the numbers for all players and teams, so they reflect real life numbers a little better. All FMT needs to do is hit "Assign NFL-Style Contracts" from the Admin console in LM again to get the new cap numbers in our league.

Sent you a PM back.

Mrbob

Sweet, my cap number will be fixed to give me more money to play around with. :D I need to make some transactions before playing my week 1 game.

Ramirez

Wellington said:
lol yeah

We started this shit in 2004 when I was fresh out of college at 21. Awesome having some guys stick with it since the online league function came about (Pretty sure it was '04). Can barely remember who was there from the beginning, FMT, DM, Rors, dskillz, miguel for sure. I think Ramirez was as well. Some not so fond memories of playing against the Steelers and getting hit sticked to death and fumbling 4-5 times per game (Tiki being Tiki). Dearly departed include matrix, Fifty, Wasabiking, cubanb (who FMT made break a controller), Tacklin' Oscar (LOL), MalleyMal. Memories. :(

Flood of nostalgia just washed over me.

You forgot Bog though, the greatest league player ever.

So is it ok to play our games today? What's your availability like Levious?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I'll be home around 6:30 EST, I'll be available throughout the night, maybe just not right away. Tomorrow I could play anytime after 11 am.

I do need to at least look at my playbook I think.

Ramirez

levious said:
I'll be home around 6:30 EST, I'll be available throughout the night, maybe just not right away. Tomorrow I could play anytime after 11 am.

I do need to at least look at my playbook I think.

I work 12-9 on Sat/Sun, so we should probably try to get it in today. My wife will probably be ok with me playing around 7-8-9, just let me know what works for you.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
well if we had to, I could play earlier in the am tomorrow, but let's shoot for tonight.

Nightz said:
The cap numbers that LM had were largely inaccurate (which is why some teams were waaay over the cap). Some guys went through and updated the numbers for all players and teams, so they reflect real life numbers a little better. All FMT needs to do is hit "Assign NFL-Style Contracts" from the Admin console in LM again to get the new cap numbers in our league.

Sent you a PM back.

Ill try it now!

TheCrow

Anyone interested in Brian Dawkins? I'd like to get someone to replace him in the secondary but I'm willing to look at any offers.

Smokey

Foster is only making 500k and is in the last yr of his contract. Mario is in last yr of his contract. Shit could get crazyyyy

Mrbob

Smokey said:
Foster is only making 500k and is in the last yr of his contract. Mario is in last yr of his contract. Shit could get crazyyyy

Mmmmmm. I have a lot of cap space free right now. Get ready to pay to keep him. :)

LiveWire

BigAT said:
Going to bed Live. Not positive that I'll be around tomorrow night if your hours are going to be the same.

Sorry about that, I had been checking the replies in the thread up until I left work and it seemed like the league wasn't going to start last night. Then Thursday nightlife happened. So tonight I'll definitely be around 6PM Pacific. Hopefully that's not too late? If not I will be around all day Saturday until the evening.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Mmmmmm. I have a lot of cap space free right now. Get ready to pay to keep him. :)

You ain't doin' shit. Foster is who I'm worried about lol.

And looking at the site the Texans are the only team at or around the cap?

$120,603,000

THAT DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT

Mrbob

Better rebuild with some lesser cost players though the draft! I'll be helping to clear up some of your cap space when I get Mario Williams.

Birdman02

eznark said:
Now that I am 30 years old I expect my age and experience to help me dominate the league. Or at least win 5 games.

Happy Birthday and welcome to the 30+ club! I joined last month.

As for our game, my inlaws are coming over tonight, but I should be able to play after they leave. I just have no idea how long they'll stay.

I could play during my lunch in about 35 minutes if that's better for you.

Smokey

Mrbob said:
Better rebuild with some lesser cost players though the draft! I'll be helping to clear up some of your cap space when I get Mario Williams.

Don't tell me how to run my franchise. You are a traitor to your city.

McNei1y

McNei1y said:
thank you! I'll be signing in right now. I also will be able to play later today... I'll be available probably 5-7pmish est

actually, I'll sign in later... My connection says it isn't connected but I clearly am. I'll figure this out later.

LiveWire

Happy Birthday eznark.

In other news, Redskins $18 mil under the cap, with only 1 major signing bonus and the majority of contracts under 4 years remaining?

dwightsmiling.gif

When does my shopping spre--I mean, free agency start?

Smokey said:
You ain't doin' shit. Foster is who I'm worried about lol.

And looking at the site the Texans are the only team at or around the cap?

$120,603,000

THAT DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT

Let's make a deal, friend!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Dumb question but there are only 4 players with signing bonuses on the Bengals according to LM. Is that around what everyone else has? Just based on how NFL negotiations have gone in recent years I find that hard to believe. Andy Dalton has zero guaranteed dollars.

eznark

Banned
Birdman02 said:
Happy Birthday and welcome to the 30+ club! I joined last month.

As for our game, my inlaws are coming over tonight, but I should be able to play after they leave. I just have no idea how long they'll stay.

I could play during my lunch in about 35 minutes if that's better for you.

Lets do that. My wife is running the Air Force marathon in Dayton tomorrow so I have to leave the house by 4 am to get here there. Doubt I'll be staying up terribly late tonight.

1 pm-ish?

Smokey

Wellington said:
Dumb question but there are only 4 players with signing bonuses on the Bengals according to LM. Is that around what everyone else has? Just based on how NFL negotiations have gone in recent years I find that hard to believe. Andy Dalton has zero guaranteed dollars.

I only have 4 too.

LiveWire

Wellington said:

I've spot checked a few deals and they seemed right...but you make a good point.

BigAT

Wellington said:
I don't know his contract, but wouldn't it be safe to assume that Dalton's should be mostly guaranteed money since he's from the most recent draft class?

Only 3 Giants have signing bonuses.

Birdman02

eznark said:
Lets do that. My wife is running the Air Force marathon in Dayton tomorrow so I have to leave the house by 4 am to get here there. Doubt I'll be staying up terribly late tonight.

1 pm-ish?

Yeah, I'm leaving work now, and I should be home in about 10 minutes. I have an hour, so I hope we don't go OT.

Smokey

Texans number isn't even after getting MP. It wasn't that exact amount yesterday but it was around 1.8 mill under the cap.

I dunno maybe I'm missing something.

Mrbob

Dm is going to be the deadly one. Donny made certain the Bucs are a BS team again, and he'll have nearly 30 million dollars to play around with.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Dm is going to be the deadly one. Donny made certain the Bucs are a BS team again, and he'll have nearly 30 million dollars to play around with.
All well and good but I'll have $50 Mil to play with. Big FU to everyone!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Nightz said:
You just triggered the CB signal.

Basset_Hound_dog_ears_up.jpg

Id love to. But i cant in this new salary cap era. I have needs and they arent the safety position. He is a luxury i cant afford :(

Free Space:
$12,398,127

Better!

Birdman02

gg eznark. Brees was absolutely terrible in that game...maybe it was the wind, but that didn't seem to affect Rodgers. He was missing guys all over the field..especially early. Also, my LBs were ignoring coverage whenever I tried to play man, and you were picking my zone apart.

I'll have to get back on track next week. That was a terrible way to start the season.

Top Bottom