• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

eznark

Banned
Wellington said:
GG Striker.

He covered the spread btw, all you fuckers lost a ton of money! The guy is always tough and it took a ballsy 2 pt conversion on my end to win it.

Also, fuck Andy Dalton, give me back Eli!
Flynn is available

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm a bit more lenient on the rules this year but there is no way i can justify going for a 4th down IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY when you are winning in the 4th quarter.

i know in a real life scenario a coach like reid or bellicheck MIGHT go for it on an inches situation, but not here. offense has the upperhand and if you can't get 10 yards in 3 downs then just be a man about it and punt the ball away.

now if we're talking about a 4th and 5 or less at your opponents 40 or something, then there is a case to be made that going for it is justified. but not in your own territory!

That's how I feel about it. Don't really care if the hoodie might've done it. What can ya do tho, what's done is done.

And it was still the 3rd quarter.

Striker

Yeah, GG. I thought I had it when you were on 3rd & 5, but Jackson and the boys inside just let up and Benson had all room to run. Gutsy call going for 2pts., but with how my guys played the run and how your OG/C opened it up, it bode well.

sorry albatross you are the cards! got mixed up a bit there.... mik you are still the bills!

i talked to LJ a day or so ago and he still said he was having lag problems and didn't want to play :(

also, a new rule i'm adding in is:

DO NOT CONTROL THE EDGE RUSHERS ON EXTRA POINTS OR FG'S! the block ratio is ridiculous here. if the CPU blocks the FG well more power to them, but it's just ridiculous the way that an outside rusher can cause those issues. don't do it please.

McNei1y

ugh good game nightz. Game would've been different if it weren't that muffed punt but still a reasonable score. Really wish the game didn't end on a pick like that. I would've been satisfied with a turnover on downs but what are ya gonna do!! I really need to work on secondary game.

p.s. does anyone want McNabb?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, a new rule i'm adding in is:

DO NOT CONTROL THE EDGE RUSHERS ON EXTRA POINTS OR FG'S! the block ratio is ridiculous here. if the CPU blocks the FG well more power to them, but it's just ridiculous the way that an outside rusher can cause those issues. don't do it please.

okay.

Sooo how does free agency work eh?

McNei1y said:
ugh good game nightz. Game would've been different if it weren't that muffed punt but still a reasonable score. Really wish the game didn't end on a pick like that. I would've been satisfied with a turnover on downs but what are ya gonna do!! I really need to work on secondary game.

p.s. does anyone want McNabb?

okay.

Sooo how does free agency work eh?

waiting for the bidding feature to be activated on the site. no free agent signings until that is done.

McNei1y

FrenchMovieTheme said:
waiting for the bidding feature to be activated on the site. no free agent signings until that is done.

okkkk. Not sure I really need anything since my salary is ridiculous for all of these old farts.

Somnia

FrenchMovieTheme said:
does it take a while for the scores to update after i sync? i synced and it shows stats for a lot of players but it only shows the score for 1 of the games.

It shows multiple games scores on mine.

Nightz

McNei1y said:
GG man. That muffed punt pissed me off to no end. I spent like 10 minutes watching the replay shaking my head at my idiot player who ran under the ball and allowed himself to get hit. That last quarter was pretty fun...our offenses finally came to life.

Aaaaaand LOL Bob Sanders is out for 3 weeks already.

Striker

It is showing five games played on my screen.

Like the schedules tab. Shows the scores, but also shows the prime stats beneath.

Nightz said:
It begins!

McNei1y

Nightz said:
GG man. That muffed punt pissed me off to no end. I spent like 10 minutes watching the replay shaking my head at my idiot player who ran under the ball and allowed himself to get hit. That last quarter was pretty fun...our offenses finally came to life.

Yah man. I didn't know what to do after that muffed punt. It was such a bs situation that I felt guilty for running a play after it lol. Definitely a good 4th quarter though. I can at least walk away from this game thanking you for helping me find a hole in my game that I need to fix asap.

McNei1y

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i checked out mcribb thinking i might be interested but kapernick has higher stats in almost every category but AWR. i'll stick with kap!

Please rid his presence from my team!! He's an expensive backup!

also, if anyone needs their contracts adjusted (years or otherwise) let me know. I just glanced at my players and noticed ray mcdonald shows 1 year left on his deal but he just signed a 5 year extension in july!

Striker

FrenchMovieTheme said:
also, if anyone needs their contracts adjusted (years or otherwise) let me know. I just glanced at my players and noticed ray mcdonald shows 1 year left on his deal but he just signed a 5 year extension in july!
Browns' DT Ahtyba Rubin just signed a extension:

Browns signed DT Ahtyba Rubin to a three-year, $27 million contract extension with $18 million guaranteed

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
BigAT said:
Wellie might have his notebook, but this year I've got The Spreadsheet.
You underestimate me.

A work in progress:

7Pvhy.jpg

8nh5Y.jpg

Dunno how serious I'll take it, but since I have that much cap space I figured why not mess around a little and see what I have for sure.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
You underestimate me.

A work in progress:

Dunno how serious I'll take it, but since I have that much cap space I figured why not mess around a little and see what I have for sure.

Seriously the Giants just need to stop fucking around and hire you already.

Though if the Redskins offered you a job in the front office as one of Bruce Allen's assistants, would you take it?

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Incognito has 3 more years on his contract.
Kearse has 4 more years on his contract.

That should do it.

drop whoever you like. just don't pickup any free agents.

and after talking to my constituents, i've had one of my trademark change of hearts regarding trades. i will have to approve all trades.

BUT! with that being said i will say i'm going to try to be more lenient on what i allow to go through. i just don't want this to turn into a fucking baseball league where people are purposely trying to trade to clear cap space, etc.

sorry i jumped the gun on that bro's, but it's best this way.... to save us from ourselves!

Sanjuro

Hey, it's Balb. Pretty sure I sold to him numerous times in the b/s/t thread. Hopefully I will sell him a loss as well this season.

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i'm a bit more lenient on the rules this year but there is no way i can justify going for a 4th down IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY when you are winning in the 4th quarter.

i know in a real life scenario a coach like reid or bellicheck MIGHT go for it on an inches situation, but not here. offense has the upperhand and if you can't get 10 yards in 3 downs then just be a man about it and punt the ball away.

now if we're talking about a 4th and 5 or less at your opponents 40 or something, then there is a case to be made that going for it is justified. but not in your own territory!
I think if your winning by 2 or less it should be allowed. Personally.

Balb

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Hey, it's Balb. Pretty sure I sold to him numerous times in the b/s/t thread. Hopefully I will sell him a loss as well this season.

Yup that's me. Much like your prices though, I can't be beat (sorry in advance for that).

pwill - 6 tackles, 2 FF, 1 sack, 2 PD

he was definitely beasting that game! bluemax actually did a really good job against frank gore except for 1 run late. to that point i had like 10 rushes for 20 yards or so. seachickens line, much like in real life, is nothing to scoff at!

thankfully bluemax has Tjack at qb.... much like the real life seachickens!

Top Bottom