• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
as far as A goes, if im 4th and inches around the opponents 41 and i feel like i can get it, im gonna go for it. too long to kick a FG, to short to punt.

CB3

It only took one day for you guys to have your free trade system taken away from you. Well done!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Gg drizz

Glad you finally stopped doing that wildcat bs. An entire drive and a half of it was enough. By the end I just wanted to stop playing as you saw with me going for it on 4th

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Can we get a up to date rule set? I don't want to actively upset people after games or vice versa. In the games I have played in the community this year and during the season last year it seemed like many players went for it on fourth down regardless of the circumstances.

I feel like fourth and inches is more of a gambit. Fourth and one, three, six is more of someone not giving a fuck. Frankly that is what I ran into last season during several games.

So 4th down, two point, blocking kicks...anything else?

Your 35 yard line. 2 minutes left in the third. You are up 7. And you pass it for a 65 yard TD to the TE. : |

Sanjuro

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
Your 35 yard line. 2 minutes left in the third. You are up 7. And you pass it for a 65 yard TD to the TE. : |
I audibled. You were set up for run defense. I threw it to Welker who broke free from your man coverage.

Wellington said:
Gg drizz

Glad you finally stopped doing that wildcat bs. An entire drive and a half of it was enough. By the end I just wanted to stop playing as you saw with me going for it on 4th

That first td was all wildcat + a brandon marshall screen, haha. Just messin around. Good game. I was trying some different zone blitzes with my d a lot. Can't believe I got the spike off. Once they line up do i hike it with A or B? I was doing both..

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I audibled. You were set up for run defense. I threw it to Welker who broke free from your man coverage.
What about everything I said before the throw!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
That first td was all wildcat + a brandon marshall screen, haha. Just messin around. Good game. I was trying some different zone blitzes with my d a lot. Can't believe I got the spike off. Once they line up do i hike it with A or B? I was doing both..
Hold B to no huddle to the spike, snap with A.

Between Drizzler and Sanjuro, I have no desire to play the AFC East.

Sanjuro

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
What about everything I said before the throw!
It is what it is.

2wh2tc3.jpg

LiveWire

CB3 said:
as far as A goes, if im 4th and inches around the opponents 41 and i feel like i can get it, im gonna go for it. too long to kick a FG, to short to punt.

You can take a delay of game penalty to back up 5 yards for your punter. NFL teams do this. Way too easy to get 4th and inches to be extending drives that barely made it past midfield.

LiveWire said:
You can take a delay of game penalty to back up 5 yards for your punter. NFL teams do this. Way too easy to get 4th and inches to be extending drives that barely made it past midfield.

Nah, I agree with cb. But your 35 up 7 in the 3rd needs to be unacceptable, even if the hoodie does bullshit like this from time to time. Not again!

Sanjuro

Like I said I honestly want to avoid any nonsense like the prior season. I was told from various members last year that I punting incorrectly, don't run from the shotgun formation excessively, don't control my defensive backs, had Denogg rip into me like a Cowboys fan at a Jets game. I used the timeout specifically to allow Driz to set up his defense properly so he wasn't in the punt formation.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Like I said I honestly want to avoid any nonsense like the prior season. I was told from various members last year that I punting incorrectly, don't run from the shotgun formation excessively, don't control my defensive backs, had Denogg rip into me like a Cowboys fan at a Jets game. I used the timeout specifically to allow Driz to set up his defense properly so he wasn't in the punt formation.
It doesn't matter, I d/ced. Your 35 is crazy though. If you fail I'm starting my drive in field goal range. Everyone punts in that situation when you have the lead.

Sanjuro

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
It doesn't matter, I d/ced. Your 35 is crazy though. If you fail I'm starting my drive in field goal range. Everyone punts in that situation when you have the lead.
I had a seven point lead. You marched down and Bush ran on me like my defense wasn't there to end the half. I've only won one game this year against GAF members. Felt like it was the right call.

TheCrow

LukeSmith said:
How do we restructure deals during the season? It's not going to just be "guy's contract is up and he's a free agent, bid away chumps."
Looks like he's going to add contract negotiations.

Rorschach

How will FA bidding work? Will we have to free up space before bidding? That sucks in case you don't get the guy you want. You'd have to keep whatever chump you have, so you wouldn't want to cut him. We see it happen all the time in the NFL. Sometimes, they get disgruntled like baby Cutler, but often times it washes over like with Cromartie!

And it doubly sucks for my fucked up cap space...

FrenchMovieTheme said:
There we go! 19 mil in cap space!
Messed mine up somehow. Now I only have 2 mil when I should have 14m and Nightz' dummy league has 16m.

Wellington said:
lol yeah

We started this shit in 2004 when I was fresh out of college at 21. Awesome having some guys stick with it since the online league function came about (Pretty sure it was '04). Can barely remember who was there from the beginning, FMT, DM, Rors, dskillz, miguel for sure. I think Ramirez was as well. Some not so fond memories of playing against the Steelers and getting hit sticked to death and fumbling 4-5 times per game (Tiki being Tiki). Dearly departed include matrix, Fifty, Wasabiking, cubanb (who FMT made break a controller), Tacklin' Oscar (LOL), MalleyMal. Memories. :(
I remember I was your very first game ever in online Madden. It was a bloodbath, but we only got through a half because your mom called you down for dinner.

And now, I couldn't beat you if my life depended on it and I was using the Eagles vs your Bengals. How times change!

Sanjuro

It was my birthday Wednesday. All Rors got me was a beatdown. I was nineteen or twenty when I first started coming here.

My death thread will be glorious.

LiveWire

Wellington said:
lol yeah

We started this shit in 2004 when I was fresh out of college at 21. Awesome having some guys stick with it since the online league function came about (Pretty sure it was '04). Can barely remember who was there from the beginning, FMT, DM, Rors, dskillz, miguel for sure. I think Ramirez was as well. Some not so fond memories of playing against the Steelers and getting hit sticked to death and fumbling 4-5 times per game (Tiki being Tiki). Dearly departed include matrix, Fifty, Wasabiking, cubanb (who FMT made break a controller), Tacklin' Oscar (LOL), MalleyMal. Memories. :(

I believe it was Madden 05 on Xbox 1? That's when I joined. I still remember the wrist pain from having to write down so many stats after every game for LeagueDaddy.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
about the blitzing LB rule, does that include an outside linebacker in a three point stance? Are we not allowed to manually control in that situation?

Sanjuro

LiveWire said:
I believe it was Madden 05 on Xbox 1? That's when I joined. I still remember the wrist pain from having to write down so many stats after every game for LeagueDaddy.
NFL2k5 GAF league, represent! Probably more than half of the league are now dead/banned.

DCX

DCX
Fifty was my first game. I was the Bills. Didn't know much about calling plays, audible, nothing. I lost something like 42-3.

My first victory was against Malley. I was ecstatic!! I went on to a 4-12 season :) proud debut for a noob such as I.

DCX

Sanjuro

DCX said:
Fifty was my first game. I was the Bills. Didn't know much about calling plays, audible, nothing. I lost something like 42-3.

My first victory was against Malley. I was ecstatic!! I went on to a 4-12 season :) proud debut for a noob such as I.

DCX
Back to the baby steps pony-man.

Rorschach

Heads up for Season Pass folk: There will be 45 dollar weapon skins in Gears, so go pick up some points cards now.

LiveWire said:
We started in 04 with tournaments. I found some of the old brackets when I was moving lol Weird seeing names like PistonHonda and Cerebral Palsy.

TheCrow said:
So many September birthdays. :p
Drunk fucking at New Years parties.

levious said:
about the blitzing LB rule, does that include an outside linebacker in a three point stance? Are we not allowed to manually control in that situation?
Three point stance is fine. Anyone standing up, you're SOL.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Rorschach said:
I remember I was your very first game ever in online Madden. It was a bloodbath, but we only got through a half because your mom called you down for dinner.

And now, I couldn't beat you if my life depended on it and I was using the Eagles vs your Bengals. How times change!
Listen here, I am the only eeyore around!

I remember taking massive beatings from you, Wasabi, Dskillz and DM for like three years... :(

DMczaf

Wellington said:

I remember taking massive beatings from you, Wasabi, Dskillz and DM for like three years... :(

Tiki approaching the goal line?

Derrick Brooks out of nowhere!

CB3

Wellington said:

That was B.N

Before Notebook.

McNei1y

Nightz said:
Just got home from work. I can probably go in like 10-15 minutes.

Alright. I'm actually trying to configure my network again. It finally came back up but it seems my xbox is using the same IP my desktop is using so they are conflicting eachother.

McNei1y

McNei1y said:
Alright. I'm actually trying to configure my network again. It finally came back up but it seems my xbox is using the same IP my desktop is using so they are conflicting eachother.

Alright it seems I've got it working again. I'll be online fartin around.

daw840

mik said:
Soooo, daw840--when can Joe Montana and Marcus Allen come out to play?

Are they on the FA list?!? I call dibs!

This weekend is going to be tough. It's my anniversary party tomorrow and my brother-in-law just flew in from CT tonight. Maybe Sunday. Tomorrow and the rest of tonight is a no go unfortunately.

mik

mik is unbeatable
daw840 said:
Are they on the FA list?!? I call dibs!

This weekend is going to be tough. It's my anniversary party tomorrow and my brother-in-law just flew in from CT tonight. Maybe Sunday. Tomorrow and the rest of tonight is a no go unfortunately.
No problem. I'm available Sunday pretty much any time. Just holler.

eznark

Banned
Wait, people bitch about running too much from the shotgun? That's just a bitter guy on the losing end of a game, sanjuro.

LukeSmith

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:

On his own 35? Questionable. But, I can imagine Belichick doing that.

If he's on your half of the field this is a no-brainer. I'm going every time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
GG Striker.

He covered the spread btw, all you fuckers lost a ton of money! The guy is always tough and it took a ballsy 2 pt conversion on my end to win it.

Also, fuck Andy Dalton, give me back Eli!

i'm a bit more lenient on the rules this year but there is no way i can justify going for a 4th down IN YOUR OWN TERRITORY when you are winning in the 4th quarter.

i know in a real life scenario a coach like reid or bellicheck MIGHT go for it on an inches situation, but not here. offense has the upperhand and if you can't get 10 yards in 3 downs then just be a man about it and punt the ball away.

now if we're talking about a 4th and 5 or less at your opponents 40 or something, then there is a case to be made that going for it is justified. but not in your own territory!

Top Bottom