• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

Rorschach

Wellington said:
GG Striker.

He covered the spread btw, all you fuckers lost a ton of money! The guy is always tough and it took a ballsy 2 pt conversion on my end to win it.

Also, fuck Andy Dalton, give me back Eli!
Not me, homeboy!

Rorschach said:
Bengals @ [-4] Browns O/U: 48 +130/-145 [Eeyore backfire special!]

This is the big leagues, guy. You're not the pansy-ass NFC now! Shit's gonna get tough!

Striker's good plus he probably has more experience with his team than you do.

DMczaf

Every year FMT tries to do the "Act like grown ass men" trade system, and every year DCX and Smokey ruin it in under a day.

Somnia

Release enough players DCX? You ain't gonna have a team at that rate! =P

edit: Of course I turn right around and release some too

CB3 said:
GG. I enjoyed the laugh when you lobbed the ball to Asante and he just batted it down

There was one ball where he was supposed to throw it deep and threw it like an under route....I was like WTF.

Then Al Harris shit the bed on your Maclin TD in the 3rd quarter. Oh well, we both had to deal with some oddities on both sides of the ball. MADDEN STYLE!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
storybook77 said:
There was one ball where he was supposed to throw it deep and threw it like an under route....I was like WTF.

Then Al Harris shit the bed on your Maclin TD in the 3rd quarter. Oh well, we both had to deal with some oddities on both sides of the ball. MADDEN STYLE!

Yeah. its funny Maclin was running a deep out on that throw. I fully expected him to stop and come back when i released it.

CB3 said:
Yeah. its funny Maclin was running a deep out on that throw. I fully expected him to stop and come back when i released it.

I also had the one where my TE ran a curl and Bradford chunked it downfield 30 yards where no one was.

CB3

storybook77 said:
I also had the one where my TE ran a curl and Bradford chunked it downfield 30 yards where no one was.

Yeah i saw that. Vick was making some shitty long throws so i started to just try and keep things underneath.

You injured McCoy. out atleast 3 weeks :( I gotta appeal to the courts so i can sign some shitty RB free agent

Ramirez

Mine and Levious' game was in a torrential downpour, the offense was pretty sketchy throughout, I broke a few big runs and that was the difference. Two user picks! One a ridiculous one handed superman grab by Timmons in the RZ.

Is there any way to turn weather off? The game takes a noticeable hit in the framerate online in weather, and it's not like the game is that stable to begin with online.

CB3 said:
Yeah i saw that. Vick was making some shitty long throws so i started to just try and keep things underneath.

You injured McCoy. out atleast 3 weeks :( I gotta appeal to the courts so i can sign some shitty RB free agent

How's Fouku or did he come back?

CB3 said:
he came back luckily. he's a big part of my new and improved D so i really need him

It's amazing how big of a difference having a good QB and a solid D made since I had the Rams last 2 years ago. If I had one 90+ receiver I'd be more comfortable with my offense though. Need to get Jackson going next time out....or maybe not, BigAT and the Giants are next. :\

CB3

i guess they fixed it a little. the eagles playbook has a wildcat part. i think i only ever ran a play out of it once

TheCrow said:
No problem. These games don't actually mean much. But I did feel like quitting when you were running wildcat on your entire first drive.

Tried to give Henne 7 points before he touches the ball. Reggie Bush had his first completion at least. haha

Rorschach said:
I thought WC was busted because of that stuck in the mud animation?
Worked on wellie!

There's no way to make permanent substitutions for certain formations? I wouldn't mind switching my linebackers around depending on the different 3-4s and nickels. I do it manually during each game as is.

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
With how much people complain about Drizzler in Community games, we do all see the humor in Sanjuro feasting on him right?
They weren't complaining about him winning ( I don't think he's over .500). They were complaining about some questionable tactics.

TheDrizzlerJ11 said:
There's no way to make permanent substitutions for certain formations? I wouldn't mind switching my linebackers around depending on the different 3-4s and nickels. I do it manually during each game as is.
No. That's only in offline franchise. Maybe in Madden 2050.

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
They weren't complaining about him winning ( I don't think he's over .500). They were complaining about some questionable tactics.
Hey, didn't putting DEs in QB contain help stop toss plays in the past or am I just crazy?

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Hey, didn't putting DEs in QB contain help stop toss plays in the past or am I just crazy?
Not this year. They just get pushed on their asses or they'll stand there 'till he runs by. It really depends on the OL. Beastly OLs and overrated RBs will just run right through and/or stiffarm. The best idea for it is corner blitz, but there aren't very many good corner blitzes this year.

I usually just defend them with the safety and hope I don't get suctioned.

drizzler is a good dude and a good player. one of the most active new guys in community games and in the thread. that is what is good for the league!

Not this year. They just get pushed on their asses or they'll stand there 'till he runs by. It really depends on the OL. Beastly OLs and overrated RBs will just run right through and/or stiffarm. The best idea for it is corner blitz, but there aren't very many good corner blitzes this year.

a lot of short zones destroy the toss play too. then again i do have patrick willis so.... yeah

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
drizzler is a good dude and a good player. one of the most active new guys in community games and in the thread. that is what is good for the league!

a lot of short zones destroy the toss play too. then again i do have patrick willis so.... yeah
Yeah, most advice from a Willis owner isn't really practical to the rest of us. We don't all have a guy that can shut down the entire field against the pass and run.

while we wait for the bidding feature to start on LM, i will say if you have a desperate need because of an injury you can sign a free agent. BUT, you can only get the 5th best player or lower at the given position.

for instance, CB has a RB injured and needs a backup. he can sign lawrence maroney or below.

p.s. noel devine is off limits CB. so don't bother!

TheCrow

Rorschach said:

I usually just defend them with the safety and hope I don't get suctioned.
Ok because during the game I remembered that I used it to help stop toss plays in 10 and 11 but it did nothing this time. I'll try controlling the FS, since I usually control my worst LB, Joe Mays, and he can't cover the field fast enough.

CB3

FrenchMovieTheme said:
while we wait for the bidding feature to start on LM, i will say if you have a desperate need because of an injury you can sign a free agent. BUT, you can only get the 5th best player or lower at the given position.

for instance, CB has a RB injured and needs a backup. he can sign lawrence maroney or below.

Pft. Noel was an Eagle this season. He can come home!

Rorschach

TheCrow said:
Ok because during the game I remembered that I used it to help stop toss plays in 10 and 11 but it did nothing this time. I'll try controlling the FS, since I usually control my worst LB, Joe Mays, and he can't cover the field fast enough.
You'll probably walk into the crowd if you use the OLB. Against a shit OL, that'll work, but not against a good one.

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Harrison is better than all of the FAs. He'd just be hogging something useful to other teams!

Not mine, though. Taiwan Jones futures!

TheCrow

Rorschach said:
Sat after 4 pacific. Sunday all day when the Raiders aren't playing.
Cool. I'm sure we won't have a problem finding a time. Should be a good close game or it will be a blow out in your favor. That's how our games usually go. :)

Top Bottom