• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

daw840

goldlion054 said:
4e767a9ea4f38.preview-300.jpg

yea, we will have to play tomorrow =/ sorry bout that

You....you son of a bitch. It just let me log on. Try now.

BigAT

BigAT said:
Is there anything in place to prevent someone from giving an older player a long term contract to scare away other bidders during free agency, but then cutting the player after just a year or so? Like whoever is giving O'Hara $6.5M and 3 years.
So nothing about this really? It feels like something we might need to address manually if LM doesn't handle it. Otherwise I think it could shit up the works a lot.

Birdman02

BigAT said:
So nothing about this really? It feels like something we might need to address manually if LM doesn't handle it. Otherwise I think it could shit up the works a lot.

Well, if they have the cap room, shouldn't they be able to use it how they want? As long as they keep the guy for the full season, at least. All they're doing is preventing competition from getting better. Or am I missing a bigger picture issue here?

Bob, are we still playing tonight? If so, what time? Was it 10 or 11est?

Wellie, check your PM.

daw840

I can't keep playing this shit Gold. You just got a TD where he very obviously didn't even catch the ball and the lag is fucking horrible. Let's just try this tomorrow.

daw840 said:
I can't keep playing this shit Gold. You just got a TD where he very obviously didn't even catch the ball and the lag is fucking horrible. Let's just try this tomorrow.

ok.......... i guess i'll give up my 20-10 lead.......

daw840

goldlion054 said:
ok.......... i guess i'll give up my 20-10 lead.......

lol. That last TD was ridiculous. You have kicked off out of bounds twice and missed an XP! What the fuck?!? That last TD your guy didn't even catch the BALL!! It bounced way off in the other direction!!

daw840 said:
lol. That last TD was ridiculous. You have kicked off out of bounds twice and missed an XP! What the fuck?!? That last TD your guy didn't even catch the BALL!! It bounced way off in the other direction!!

That was pretty ridiculous. The lag was brutal like we all knew it would be. Just sucks because we wasted sooo much time. Guess I'll see you tomorrow then

And that last TD just looked like it bounced in the other direction. That was just Megatron throwing it in celebration!

Birdman02

Mrbob said:
Alright. I'm installing Gears 3 right now. Once it is done I'll hop onto Madden.

Well, my gold subscription apparently expired this morning. I need to run to the store anyway, so I'll pick up a renewal card while I'm out. You wanna play in like 30 minutes?

Mrbob

Birdman02 said:
Well, my gold subscription apparently expired this morning. I need to run to the store anyway, so I'll pick up a renewal card while I'm out. You wanna play in like 30 minutes?

Perhaps! As long as I don't sucked into Gears in the mean time. :D

eznark

Banned
Tom Chick said:
Everyone involved in the storytelling bits of Gears of War continues to be 14 years old, tone deaf, and bereft of anything resembling an appreciation for character, plot, or even the basics of plausible dialogue, much less entertaining dialogue. The single best line in the game, and I’m convinced it’s entirely by accident because it belongs in a better game, is “How did you get that scar?”

Fucking children.

daw840 said:

wait, so you played like an entire half and then just quit? i know it sucks if it's laggy but if you're going to quit because of lag then do it within the first couple minutes of the game, not after an entire half!

eznark

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
wait, so you played like an entire half and then just quit? i know it sucks if it's laggy but if you're going to quit because of lag then do it within the first couple minutes of the game, not after an entire half!

Fuck me. I didn't know quitting was an option.....do over!

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Well, for a while it was just a little slow and bearable. Then it literally gave him a TD on an incomplete pass. That's when we decided to quit. The ball hit the dirt, the game said incomplete, then went into the animation for the refs deciding if it was a complete pass or not. One ref came in and said it was complete, it stuttered for a few moments and called it a TD. It was bearable until that point.

LukeSmith

BigAT said:

We could - once we understand the bonus penalties - have FMT manually apply the bonuses that get penalized for cutting them to the deal?

daw840 said:
Well, for a while it was just a little slow and bearable. Then it literally gave him a TD on an incomplete pass. That's when we decided to quit. The ball hit the dirt, the game said incomplete, then went into the animation for the refs deciding if it was a complete pass or not. One ref came in and said it was complete, it stuttered for a few moments and called it a TD. It was bearable until that point.

well i doubt if the roles were reversed that goldlion would have quit. sometimes you have to take some BS :/

daw840

FrenchMovieTheme said:
well i doubt if the roles were reversed that goldlion would have quit. sometimes you have to take some BS :/

Honestly, I would have made the same post regardless. Give him the win...whatever. I'm not really invested either way. I posted here before I quit. He was the one who actually disconnected. I posted in the pause screen.

edit: I very well could have just disconnected if I was really that upset about it and said it was the Madden servers. It was only a 10 pt differential and his kickoff went out of bounds. I wasn't really having trouble moving the ball. It would have been a tight game either way.

McNei1y

DMczaf said:
Servers are back up if you're around.

My bad was reading some. Whats your schedule like tomorrow? Just curious. If its not good then I can get on now but just seeing if we both are clear around the same time tomorrow so I don't procrastinate any longer.

BigAT

Birdman02 said:
Well, if they have the cap room, shouldn't they be able to use it how they want? As long as they keep the guy for the full season, at least. All they're doing is preventing competition from getting better. Or am I missing a bigger picture issue here?
The way I see it, you get a discount when you offer more years because you're stuck with that contract for longer, with the chance it will go bad. When there's no penalty, there's no incentive for someone to not hand out stupid contracts. What's to stop someone from intentionally handing out a ridiculous contract that they have no plans to honor in order to keep a player out of someone else's hands?

I don't know, maybe I'm the only one that thinks this is important.

DMczaf

McNei1y said:
My bad was reading some. Whats your schedule like tomorrow? Just curious. If its not good then I can get on now but just seeing if we both are clear around the same time tomorrow so I don't procrastinate any longer.

My schedule is full tomorrow, it'd probably be easier to get it out the way now.

daw840 said:
Honestly, I would have made the same post regardless. Give him the win...whatever. I'm not really invested either way. I posted here before I quit. He was the one who actually disconnected. I posted in the pause screen.

dude, don't be like that. We are just gonna play again tomorrow. This league is supposed to be fun. Don't let an amazing play by Megatron ruin things for you. We'll play again tomorrow and you'll take another beating where the awful lag affects route timing and causes ridiculous interceptions, allowing to believe you were actually in the game, won't exist

daw840

goldlion054 said:
dude, don't be like that. We are just gonna play again tomorrow. This league is supposed to be fun. Don't let an amazing play by Megatron ruin things for you. We'll play again tomorrow and you'll take another beating where the awful lag affects route timing and causes ridiculous interceptions, allowing to believe you were actually in the game, won't exist

Well, I thought it was an amicable quit but it seems like I am getting accused of getting bitchy about a glitched out play. If that's the case, I really don't care. I came into this season to have fun, you are fun to play against. We've had quite a few good games. That one was just fucked. You kicked off OOB twice and missed an XP. The game gave you a TD that I honestly would have felt bad about accepting if the roles were reversed. I was going to wait for your response before quitting, I wasn't just going to disco like I could have. All I had to do was blame it on EA and all of this would have been a non issue. If you didn't want to end it, I would have kept playing.

daw840 said:
Well, I thought it was an amicable quit but it seems like I am getting accused of getting bitchy about a glitched out play. If that's the case, I really don't care. I came into this season to have fun, you are fun to play against. We've had quite a few good games. That one was just fucked. You kicked off OOB twice and missed an XP. The game gave you a TD that I honestly would have felt bad about accepting if the roles were reversed. I was going to wait for your response before quitting, I wasn't just going to disco like I could have. All I had to do was blame it on EA and all of this would have been a non issue. If you didn't want to end it, I would have kept playing.

It is what it is. I enjoy playing against you Daw. I Will never forget the game last year where I was controlling Louis Delmas and The ball went through my hands and into Dwayne Bowe's hands and for the TD to win the game with no time left. I look forward to running train on you tomorrow. Lets just look forward to that

I'm just kind of bitter i missed Glee to play a game where the servers did everything in their power to ruin that game

daw840

goldlion054 said:
It is what it is. I enjoy playing against you Daw. I Will never forget the game last year where I was controlling Louis Delmas and The ball went through my hands and into Dwayne Bowe's hands and for the TD to win the game with no time left. I look forward to running train on you tomorrow. Lets just look forward to that

Lol, that seems just a tad different than the ball clearly hitting the ground and the refs calling it a TD though. Right?

Anyways, I have no doubt that a train will be runneth. I don't expect to win any more games than the real life Chiefs. Which will probably be zero. lol

Birdman02

GG Bob. You're o-line was terribad. I was getting great pressure with just a four man rush, and it really made coverage pretty easy. My offense finally got off to a decent start too, so that helped.

Mrbob

It was like real life in NO! Bears oline breaking down constantly, WR not getting open. And then not catching passes either. Of course this play almost sums up the whole game.

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/94041224

Manual defense with Urlacher, have the play pegged perfectly. Easy INT right? Nope! I hit Y and Lach decides to go in the other direction away from the ball lol!

Ah well, it happens. Gonna have to take out my frustration on GB next week!

Birdman02

I definitely thought you were gonna pick that when I threw it...or at least knock it down. I decided to force it anyway just to have a chance at a FG to end the half. Luckily for me, Urlacher went the other way. :p

LukeSmith

Birdman02 said:
I definitely thought you were gonna pick that when I threw it...or at least knock it down. I decided to force it anyway just to have a chance at a FG to end the half. Luckily for me, Urlacher went the other way. :p

The Y button doubled as the "Go to Funeral" button on this play.

Top Bottom