• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox 360 Madden '12 Online Franchise Thread: Dream Team Edition

just as a heads up regarding trades: i'm not going to allow MLB or NBA style "hey let me get rid of this contract because this guy is going to be a free agent anyways!" type trades. well let me correct that, it's not that i won't allow them, but they are going to be looked at a lot closer than trades with low salary guys who still have years left.

BigAT

Is there anything in place to prevent someone from giving an older player a long term contract to scare away other bidders during free agency, but then cutting the player after just a year or so? Like whoever is giving O'Hara $6.5M and 3 years.

LiveWire

BigAT said:
Is there anything in place to prevent someone from giving an older player a long term contract to scare away other bidders during free agency, but then cutting the player after just a year or so? Like whoever is giving O'Hara $6.5M and 3 years.

It's gotta be Wellington. Bengals C Kyle Cook 78 OVR.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
BigAT said:

Not really.

the LM guy should have more guaranteed money in the early years

What time tomorrow is the league going to advance? LiveWire's on the West Coast and he's got a late night at work tonight; I feel like an old man but I'm usually in bed during the week by the time he's heading home tonight... What time do we usually move on the advancing?

guys i'm going to start the regular advancement date after week 2 ends. we're still getting everything together and i want people to get a chance to get everything in order with the bidding and cuts and trades/etc.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Been going through all of the league manager site lately, man this thing has really breathed a whole new life into our franchise. Really fun addition.

DMczaf

dom-and-maria.jpg

McNei1y

DMczaf said:
Awesome, servers are down. Somehow Gears 3's release killed Madden's servers.

Crap... Well lets put this on till later. I gotta get some of this stuff done for now. I'll come back around 10ish est.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Alright fuckers, I am looking to sign a top DE or DT, the only piece not available from my team is Leon Hall. I am offering players and draft picks, I don't care! I would prefer a strong DT.

Also don't care the size of the contract!

4YAYw.jpg

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
Alright fuckers, I am looking to sign a top DE or DT, the only piece not available from my team is Leon Hall. I am offering players and draft picks, I don't care! I would prefer a strong DT.

Also don't care the size of the contract!

4YAYw.jpg
Maybe its time to give me a call..

DCX

Mrbob

I forgot the Gears 3 release will probably crash Xbox Live. Birdman we might need to wait on playing our game tonight! Especially since I'll want to play Gears 3 instead.

My copy should be at home since I had release date delivery on it. I'll be home around 9 central/7pm worst coast time.

daw840

Actually, just sit there and try over and over. It lets me in that way. I just did it like 3 times in a row and it let me into the franchise.

daw840

goldlion054 said:
Let me check it again in 10-20. If we can't tonight, i can go anytime Tomorrow or Thursday after 11:30 am EST

Tomorrow during the day my wife has her first sonogram, but after that appt I can probably go. I was going to buy Gears 3 tomorrow though damn it! It's cool, I can hold off for a bit to kick your ass.

LukeSmith

FrenchMovieTheme said:
anyone have gears yet? dm/bob/luke do you want me to wait and we can play through it.... like brothers!?

WE ALL HAVE IT AND ARE PLAYING TONIGHT

BROTHERS TO THE END

I AM PRELOADING WHEN I GET HOME

SHIT YEAH

daw840 said:
Tomorrow during the day my wife has her first sonogram, but after that appt I can probably go. I was going to buy Gears 3 tomorrow though damn it! It's cool, I can hold off for a bit to kick your ass.

4e767a9ea4f38.preview-300.jpg

yea, we will have to play tomorrow =/ sorry bout that

DMczaf

Oh god I just saw Freeman's contract. Damn you Dominik!

Year Year Salary Year Bonus Cap Hit Total Contract Value Total Signing Bonus
1 $940,000 $2,000,000 $2,940,000 $21,955,000 $0
2 $6,585,000 $2,000,000 $8,585,000 $21,955,000 $0
3 $8,430,000 $2,000,000 $10,430,000 $21,955,000 $0

Back loaded the fuck out of me!

Top Bottom